/edhg/ EDH/Commander General

Goblin Edition

Previously:

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
What is the most valuable card in your deck?

Attached: Goblin.jpg (263x192, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/crovaxs-harem-anime/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sheoldred-lord-of-demons-and-goodstuff/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck, I messed it up
Here's the last thread

Reminder that Helm of the Host is only good in timmy centric metas that have all softbanned efficient removal because it creates bad feefees.

>thread question
Masterwork Mox Opal
it used to be Judge Imperial ;_; Recruited

*blocks your host*

Attached: Image[1].jpg (223x310, 28K)

>Thread question
Doubling Season in Xenagod

blow it out your ass simicfag

Should I run cyclonic rift in yidris? Also how many boardwipes, if at all

Why wouldn't you ever run cyclonic rift? That card wins games.

Best deck for discard theme? Got a dude who hates discarding and red because they're against his patron saint Jace.
I was gonna run good ol' Nicky B feat. Spectres but if there's something spicier out there that's cool too.

Attached: 1521074883901.png (860x1300, 230K)

Play Greel, EVERYONE loses

>thread question
Well, I have a handful of pricey cards, more in my binder, but here are some notable things, organized by deck.

Venser:
>mana crypt
>force of will
>blightsteel
>mana drain
>back to basics that spiked up today
>transmute artifact
>show and tell
>foil FTV dark depths

Ghave, that I don't even play, runs:
>Doubling Season
>full fetches and shocks
>damnation, if that still counts
>dirty mike
>revised demonic tutor

self discard, other discard, or both?

Olivia, Mobilized for War is an excellent haste and discard engine for you.

Gwendolyn Di Corci is one of the cheapest grixis generals directly on point. The others are to costly mana wise for my taste. Nekusar is a meme, don't buy into it.

Attached: 268[1].jpg (312x445, 69K)

Jesus, I know my dinosaur deck is spotty
almost all of that conversation wasn't me.

Separately
>99 card deck
>35+ cards are lands
>Maybe 10 more cards are dedicated ramp of some kind
>Half the deck accounted for before you even start building it

I wanna make everyone else dump their hand so I can do terrible nasty shit unimpeded.
Ideally it'll be a load of discard with sacrifice-permanents removal so I can slam down cards with no responses.

Ideally I'd get a Chains of Mephistopheles to be cheeky with but I don't have that kind of money and I'm not allowed to proxy in my group.

>What is the most valuable card in your deck?
This stupid thing I guess, followed by Wheel.

Attached: 20180314_195503.jpg (2880x2160, 2.15M)

It's mostly about color access then. None of the commander abilities themselves do what you want without jumping through a bunch of hoops. A grixis general would be best, if you have the mana base. What kind of budget are we working with here?

You want Nath.

Dino's are pretty overcosted, you want a 37 land deck including your ramp and shit. You want rocks for days too. Tribal decks are easy to build, hard to get right unless the commander is bonkers like Edgar.
Something that's super important in decks like Gishath is library ordering. You want to manipulate the top of your deck so your commander gets actual value out of that 8 mana. Scroll rack is great.
Ideally you want to fetch as many lands as possible to remove dead draws from your deck, and anthems to protect your creatures.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/crovaxs-harem-anime/

I'm going to play this on commander saturday, I'll probably change Iona to some other angel if it turns out to be too oppressive (the group is usually pretty casual)

>monowhite
>average cmc over 4
>ironic weeb
Kill yourself.

>You have the potential to +6 yourself and dump your opponents hands with Wheel of Fortune
Is this reason why people let this slide is because Red has such shit card draw or is it becaue it can be a double edged sword like Goblin Guide where it can also help your opponents?

Yeah I'm realistic, I know I'm not getting one commander that does everything, I'm just asking which commander is best for the archetype.
I don't have a lot of money for paper but I'd be testing it extensively tappedout or xmage first, to see if I enjoy it outside of fucking with my doofus friend.

Nath looks good, but I've watched enough Elfball to happily never see it again. I'd rather forever play vs at least one sliver deck if it meant no more Elves.

What the fuck are you asking? Yes Wheel of Fortune is a good card, hence why it's banned in Legacy and Restricted in Vintage.

Wheel and looting effects are how red draws. It's a mechanic that has parallels to the chaotic and explosive nature of the colours.
It's also the way red interacts with other peoples instants and sorceries outside of blue ones hehehe, by attempting to remove threats before they appear.

Wheel is strong but definitely balanced despite having a high possiblity of being asymmetrical due to your opponents drawing 7 also, yes.

Eh, monowhite gives me the willies. Unless you're running ALL the colourless card draw and ramp, you're going to have a bad time.

Still, seems like it could be fun. I'd suggest a top, scroll rack, and an artifact recursion package with sun titan to tune things up, but it looks solidly precon-tier.

noob here, why is mono-white a bad strategy?

All card games are about Card Advantage and White is the absolute worst color at getting any value out of a card.

Colour doesn't lend itself to getting card advantage or ramping very well outside of Land Tax, of course

graveyard hate is pretty rare in my meta so far, so man plan is to get altar of dementia out and then sac angels in response to removal/wraths, filling my graveyard with creatures to recur with bruna

Gonna see if card draw gonna be a problem in my group if it is a big deal, I'll probably add those cards

>cEDH players

It's not a bad strategy, I'm just a shameless blue fag so I'm a bit spoiled. Monowhite is HEAVILY reliant on stax effects because it doesn't have a lot of innate card advantage or mana acceleration. It's arguably the best support colour in the game because it can exile anything, and has some impressive hate effects, but many metas dislike destroying lands, or slapping down a static orb and elesh norn.

If you're going to win in monowhite, you do it in one of three ways:
>Konda equipment tribal, relying on your 1cmc commander to wreck a table before it can be dealt with
>Hokiri style stax, stuffed to the brim with MLD and various orbs, designed to fuck everyone but you
>Sram cheerios, where you draw your whole deck and slap it on him to win the game

I usually run monowhite as monobrown with a splash of white, and while it's distinctly worse than splashing red or blue, it can hate out literally anything.

Are any of the Maguses good in EDH?

I think endless horizons is pretty fun card, if it's late you can empty your deck of lands, if it's early you can exile a few plains, and politics it into "are you gonna use removal on something that'll be nothing in a few turns, or remove that guys doubling season?"

Attached: endlesshorizons.hq.jpg (480x680, 207K)

Is there anything else i can do with omnath other than "Play mana and things that make omnath unblockable and untargetable.dec"?
I love omnath, I love his mechanic but playing with him makes me feel bad because he's just that good and also kinda single-note.

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 29K)

Yes? Almost all of them. I particularly like Magus of the Abyss, Magus of the Wheel, Magus of the Disk, and Magus of the Moon.

>my gameplan is to play a card I will see on average once in forty turns to give my seven drop commander more value even though on average I'll first be able to cast her on turn 15

You could try posting this every thread even though you've already been answered.

I would recommend Jeleva, or Kess in grixis. Obviously neither is directly on theme, but they each have their advantages, and can be scaled to be as competitive as you want. Jeleva is extremely disruptive, and Kess allows you to be much more resilient to disruption yourself.

In monoblack, Toshiro Umezawa, or Xiahou-Dun, the One Eyed both offer enormous resiliency, and are quite fun (Toshiro Umezawa is my favorite commander of all time, so I'm quite biased here). Also, directly on theme, and potentially exploitable are He Who Hungers and Sanity's Eclipse. Sanity's Eclipse is overcosted for my tastes (I tend to not play commanders with CMC>4), but offers a rare ability for a discard focused deck: instant speed hand disruption. Of course, it also exiles, which can have some antisynergy with your own reanimation, but also prevents their reanimation, so that's a mixed bag based on your taste.

melding is just a bonus but nothing i'll go for, there's plenty of other strong angels/humans to recur with the on cast effect

How can we break this motherfucker?
I'm thinking lots of cheap artifacts and

Attached: Teshar Ancestors Apostle.jpg (375x523, 47K)

Which you already sacrificed just to add minimal card selection to your seven drop monowhite commander.

it's easy, so easy it can be done in standard

Attached: stand.jpg (983x363, 192K)

He goes infinite but not without jumping through numerous hoops without hoop tutors and there aren't enough cards at 3cmc or less in white that can win a game on their own.

what's your point mate?

I think Oblivion Sower is a pretty fun card, because it turns into a 20 mana ritual when I play with people like you.

Mono G storm.

Consider that in an effort to make ends meet you are shredding $500 bills to make confetti art in the hopes of getting displayed at some low end art gallery downtown.

That is what your gameplan is.

Nath is all you want

yeah, my group tends to like having fun

Nath is not elfball and only runs a few for ramp purpose. Nath is a control / stax deck.

>I think Oblivion Sower is a pretty fun card, because it turns into a 20 mana ritual when I play with people like you.

Attached: edhg.png (400x1446, 200K)

If fun is not being able to play cards until turn seven because your average cmc is over 4 and you have neither ramp nor card draw and not being able to cast your commander and actually play the game until turn 15 maybe you shouldn't be having fun.

Okay then, how would you build a non-combo deck around him?

competitive multiplayer EDH is a ton of fun user! Even in casual circles though, there's nothing wrong with making the correct play to win the game.

>Konda

as in the dog?

I wouldn't.

Just include lots of eggs you moron.

Yes sir. An user posted a very good list here a while ago, and I've been playing it for a while. Shit's fun.

>needing card draw
>in casual games

this is not the table for you user

I'm the Marath asshole. I have a Congregation at Dawn, but didn't put it in since Gishath was just in my 99.

>fetch
So, I should keep Ranging Raptors after all, and maybe put Krosan Verge back in. Verge seemed like a worse tapfetch than Grasslands.

I do have Cryptolith Rite. Is that better or worse with dinosaurs than the other 2 drop rocks?

Magus of the Abyss is my nigga.

It's very sad compared to a plain old Phyrexian Arena

>What is the most valuable card in your deck?

JTMS, I'm pretty sure.

[laughs in wizard]

Attached: nabandeanofiteration.jpg (265x370, 39K)

>Verge seemed like a worse tapfetch than Grasslands.

Attached: (You).png (403x448, 53K)

>AND

I can't read

[plays spy kit]
[becomes a wizard]
[LAUGHS IN NON-EUCLIDEAN]

Attached: Ulamog.png (223x311, 132K)

>this kills the edhg

Attached: yasova triggerclaw.jpg (240x345, 98K)

>spy kit affects creature type

user you're a fucking dumbass

>when you cast
>not when ~ enters the battlefield

on cast =/= enter the battlefield

>Derevi sac shenanigans
Oh boy

I cast Pull from Eternity targeting Increasing Confusion

Attached: 35.jpg (672x936, 202K)

Good luck I'm behind 5 colors!

Attached: bane.jpg (983x361, 185K)

How is that as valuable as a wheel?

That's a $200+ foil user.

Holy shit really?

Pottery. This gibberish has been brought to you by the elder gods.

Remember children: Ḥ̴̫̩͓̜͇̯̯͕̠̱̦̃ͭ̔̍̾͂̈́̋̓̍E̷̪̜͖̩̗̻̤͎̰̤̺̝͈͉͙̯̺̫̜̔͌ͨͪ͛̐̌̕̕͢C̸̷̦̠͕̭ͧ̇͆ͬ͌͛͌ͫ̂̊̏ͬ̒͂̚͝O̶͙͙͙̠̱̹͇͉̰͖̜͖͙̺̣̞̫ͬ̊̉́͜ͅM̭͉͉͚̥͎̬̮̤̫̙̰̭͍̪̯̗̦̃͌ͨ̈̍̒̉ͤ̇ͨͫ̂͜͢É̡̝̻̘͇̱̦̬̣̎ͨ͛ͫ͌̇ͪͦ̎́̃́͢͞S̷̢̛͔͉̞͙̠̦̫͎̞͚̜͓̣͆̀̍͆͝ͅͅḦ̨̨͉͎̤͇͎̦̯́̐ͦ̽̿̊ͧ͒ͩ͟͟E̴͔͉͖͖̮͓̭͙̝̟͌́̐̃ͦ̎ͩ̾̉͗̇ͬͮͩ̇́͘͢C̡̝͕̫͔̩̟̪͈̪̬̙ͬ͋͛ͣͤͪ̒̾́̌̎́͢O̧̨̝̩̞̯̪̗̠̒̌̔͛͌̓̒́̌͑̓̔̏̽ͨͨ͘͢M̴̢͍̱̺͓̫̻̤͍̭̮̩̺̟͎̥͖ͤͩ̂͒͊̒̒̑̉ͤ̄ͣ̕E̛̳̞̘̳͙̙̹̳̞͕͓͐̏̋̑͊̆ͪ̕͝͠S̢̺̱͉̩͉̪̪̮̝̮͖̙̟͇͖ͫ̊̃̾̿ͫ̉̔̾͗̒̊͐̚̕͠H̨̧̼̻̯͚̩̳͇̋ͤ̍͌͜͡ͅE̵̡̗̤͙̫͈͍͎ͨ̈́̀ͧ̑͋ͬ͂̚͡ͅC̡̢͉̻͖͔̙̭͎̗̝̗̭̙ͣ̑́̓͌̿͑͐̔̏̑̀ͧ̉͆̊͂͌͐͘͝Ö̴̴̭̞̼̻̜̬̺̗̣̟̫͆̌̐̽͆̓̎̆̃̿͗́̕M̶̘̞̱̤̘̱̰̜͚͉͓̰̤̼͎ͪͯ̓̈́ͧ̉ͬ͌ͣͤ̂̆̓̐̈͠͡ͅE̵̷̯͉͍̫̫̤̗͕̙͑͂ͨ̋ͨͫ̔̉̒̔ͨ̌̆́͟S̴̯̫̝̭̫̰̦̮̭͓̜͓̙̿ͫ̓ͦͫ̂͐ͦ̃ͣ͗̎ͬͨ͆͒ͭ́̚Ȟ̷̱̟͍̟̹̼̗̏ͩ̍͑̋̓́̿̇͊̚̚̕͢͜Ȩ̦͔͈͙͍̰͚̗̦̺͇̟͙̮̼ͮ̋̑ͮ̑̍͒ͧ̍̊̏̓̏͟͢ͅȘ̸̨̢̙͙̣̘̩̻̘̣͎̹͚̰̙̱̼̞ͦͩ͌̈́ͬ͋̍̀̆͛ͩ̓͢͡ͅH̨͖͈͍̜͉̣̽̀͑ͭ͆̑̄̍̉̑̆Ḙ̡͚̭̟͇̱̻̦͔̣̙̥̹̦̗̠̥͗̓͋̂̓̽͝R̵̵̸̴̪̦̦̹͚͍͉̻̖̯̜̰̰̆ͬ̿̂͆̽ͨͬͫ͆ͦ̈̾ͮ̏͑͂͡E̢̢̥̤̫͚͚̟͇̼̯͙̔̐̄̎̿̕͡

Yes.

>[Derevi Wizardball intensifies]

This is easily in the top 10 sexiest cards in the game. I love the card and Masques foils are kino but I can't justify spending $200 on it while there are cards whose cheapest printing costs $200 that I don't have.

snapcaster gonna explode!

Attached: snapcasterkang.hq.jpg (329x470, 57K)

I always forget this version exists

The opponents still draw 7. It's an extremely powerful card but you're acting like it doesn't also provide opponents with free cards in most situations.

>The opponents still draw 7
Not under my watch!

Attached: notion thief.jpg (920x644, 133K)

They're going to blackwash every single iconic card, even when it was asian to being with aren't they?

There are 4 threads for you to talk about this, and none of them are this one. Talk about commander, the cards, mechanics, or various greentext stories, don't start this shit.

probably jace the mind sculptor in teferi followed doubling season in riku and newzuri

If anyone plays this guy without LED, Lotus Petal, Auriok Salvagers, and Treasure Hunter then they're bad players. Play those, stuff like this
and it should end up being able to combo off in many different combinations.

You seem pretty butthurt.

This, tired of politics derailing every thread on every fucking board.

Yup, now fuck off.

how?

Seconding. EDH is total neutral ground. We have to have somewhere to be the calm in the eye of the storm. and that's coming from an esoteric /pol/ack, in case that matters.

Does your group allow player rewards cards with no rules text on them?

Attached: what in tarnation.jpg (480x680, 193K)

>implying that's competitive
>not running oblivion sower in certain decks that focus on lands

Your group doesn't have much of a fucking choice.

Yes yes, this is why I said it, and all discussion about it is finished as of this post, baring excessive faggotry that will be ignored.

Quick, post a card you like, but never use.

Attached: Gigadrowse.jpg (223x310, 33K)

Is there a better mono black commander than sheoldred? 7 mana is a lot but I play a lot of creatures

Here is my list if it helps: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sheoldred-lord-of-demons-and-goodstuff/

What kind of monsters wouldn't?