/edhg/ EDH/Commander General

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Goblin Edition

Previously:

RESOURCES
Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Thread question
What is the most valuable card in your deck?

Attached: Goblin.jpg (9 KB, 263x192)

All urls found in this thread:

mtgcommander.net
tappedout.net
edhrec.com/
manabasecrafter.com/
gatherer.wizards.com/
magiccards.info
veekyforums.com/thread/58485345/games
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/crovaxs-harem-anime/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sheoldred-lord-of-demons-and-goodstuff/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-grave-combos/
veekyforums.com/thread/58514900/games

Lunatick
Lunatick

Fuck, I messed it up
Here's the last thread veekyforums.com/thread/58485345/games

SniperGod
SniperGod

Reminder that Helm of the Host is only good in timmy centric metas that have all softbanned efficient removal because it creates bad feefees.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

thread question
Masterwork Mox Opal
it used to be Judge Imperial ;_; Recruited

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

*blocks your host*

Attached: Image[1].jpg (28 KB, 223x310)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Thread question
Doubling Season in Xenagod

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

blow it out your ass simicfag

Emberfire
Emberfire

Should I run cyclonic rift in yidris? Also how many boardwipes, if at all

Illusionz
Illusionz

Why wouldn't you ever run cyclonic rift? That card wins games.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Best deck for discard theme? Got a dude who hates discarding and red because they're against his patron saint Jace.
I was gonna run good ol' Nicky B feat. Spectres but if there's something spicier out there that's cool too.

Attached: 1521074883901.png (230 KB, 860x1300)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Play Greel, EVERYONE loses

eGremlin
eGremlin

thread question
Well, I have a handful of pricey cards, more in my binder, but here are some notable things, organized by deck.

Venser:
mana crypt
force of will
blightsteel
mana drain
back to basics that spiked up today
transmute artifact
show and tell
foil FTV dark depths

Ghave, that I don't even play, runs:
Doubling Season
full fetches and shocks
damnation, if that still counts
dirty mike
revised demonic tutor

massdebater
massdebater

self discard, other discard, or both?

Olivia, Mobilized for War is an excellent haste and discard engine for you.

Gwendolyn Di Corci is one of the cheapest grixis generals directly on point. The others are to costly mana wise for my taste. Nekusar is a meme, don't buy into it.

Attached: 268[1].jpg (69 KB, 312x445)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Jesus, I know my dinosaur deck is spotty
almost all of that conversation wasn't me.

Separately
99 card deck
35+ cards are lands
Maybe 10 more cards are dedicated ramp of some kind
Half the deck accounted for before you even start building it

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I wanna make everyone else dump their hand so I can do terrible nasty shit unimpeded.
Ideally it'll be a load of discard with sacrifice-permanents removal so I can slam down cards with no responses.

Ideally I'd get a Chains of Mephistopheles to be cheeky with but I don't have that kind of money and I'm not allowed to proxy in my group.

Techpill
Techpill

This stupid thing I guess, followed by Wheel.

Attached: 20180314-195503.jpg (2.15 MB, 2880x2160)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

It's mostly about color access then. None of the commander abilities themselves do what you want without jumping through a bunch of hoops. A grixis general would be best, if you have the mana base. What kind of budget are we working with here?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

You want Nath.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Dino's are pretty overcosted, you want a 37 land deck including your ramp and shit. You want rocks for days too. Tribal decks are easy to build, hard to get right unless the commander is bonkers like Edgar.
Something that's super important in decks like Gishath is library ordering. You want to manipulate the top of your deck so your commander gets actual value out of that 8 mana. Scroll rack is great.
Ideally you want to fetch as many lands as possible to remove dead draws from your deck, and anthems to protect your creatures.

Booteefool
Booteefool

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/crovaxs-harem-anime/

I'm going to play this on commander saturday, I'll probably change Iona to some other angel if it turns out to be too oppressive (the group is usually pretty casual)

Methnerd
Methnerd

monowhite
average cmc over 4
ironic weeb
Kill yourself.

SniperGod
SniperGod

You have the potential to +6 yourself and dump your opponents hands with Wheel of Fortune
Is this reason why people let this slide is because Red has such shit card draw or is it becaue it can be a double edged sword like Goblin Guide where it can also help your opponents?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Yeah I'm realistic, I know I'm not getting one commander that does everything, I'm just asking which commander is best for the archetype.
I don't have a lot of money for paper but I'd be testing it extensively tappedout or xmage first, to see if I enjoy it outside of fucking with my doofus friend.

Nath looks good, but I've watched enough Elfball to happily never see it again. I'd rather forever play vs at least one sliver deck if it meant no more Elves.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

What the fuck are you asking? Yes Wheel of Fortune is a good card, hence why it's banned in Legacy and Restricted in Vintage.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Wheel and looting effects are how red draws. It's a mechanic that has parallels to the chaotic and explosive nature of the colours.
It's also the way red interacts with other peoples instants and sorceries outside of blue ones hehehe, by attempting to remove threats before they appear.

Wheel is strong but definitely balanced despite having a high possiblity of being asymmetrical due to your opponents drawing 7 also, yes.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Eh, monowhite gives me the willies. Unless you're running ALL the colourless card draw and ramp, you're going to have a bad time.

Still, seems like it could be fun. I'd suggest a top, scroll rack, and an artifact recursion package with sun titan to tune things up, but it looks solidly precon-tier.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

noob here, why is mono-white a bad strategy?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

All card games are about Card Advantage and White is the absolute worst color at getting any value out of a card.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Colour doesn't lend itself to getting card advantage or ramping very well outside of Land Tax, of course

TreeEater
TreeEater

graveyard hate is pretty rare in my meta so far, so man plan is to get altar of dementia out and then sac angels in response to removal/wraths, filling my graveyard with creatures to recur with bruna

Gonna see if card draw gonna be a problem in my group if it is a big deal, I'll probably add those cards

cEDH players

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

It's not a bad strategy, I'm just a shameless blue fag so I'm a bit spoiled. Monowhite is HEAVILY reliant on stax effects because it doesn't have a lot of innate card advantage or mana acceleration. It's arguably the best support colour in the game because it can exile anything, and has some impressive hate effects, but many metas dislike destroying lands, or slapping down a static orb and elesh norn.

If you're going to win in monowhite, you do it in one of three ways:
Konda equipment tribal, relying on your 1cmc commander to wreck a table before it can be dealt with
Hokiri style stax, stuffed to the brim with MLD and various orbs, designed to fuck everyone but you
Sram cheerios, where you draw your whole deck and slap it on him to win the game

I usually run monowhite as monobrown with a splash of white, and while it's distinctly worse than splashing red or blue, it can hate out literally anything.

TechHater
TechHater

Are any of the Maguses good in EDH?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I think endless horizons is pretty fun card, if it's late you can empty your deck of lands, if it's early you can exile a few plains, and politics it into "are you gonna use removal on something that'll be nothing in a few turns, or remove that guys doubling season?"

Attached: endlesshorizons.hq.jpg (207 KB, 480x680)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Is there anything else i can do with omnath other than "Play mana and things that make omnath unblockable and untargetable.dec"?
I love omnath, I love his mechanic but playing with him makes me feel bad because he's just that good and also kinda single-note.

Attached: Image.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)

cum2soon
cum2soon

Yes? Almost all of them. I particularly like Magus of the Abyss, Magus of the Wheel, Magus of the Disk, and Magus of the Moon.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

my gameplan is to play a card I will see on average once in forty turns to give my seven drop commander more value even though on average I'll first be able to cast her on turn 15

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

You could try posting this every thread even though you've already been answered.

JunkTop
JunkTop

I would recommend Jeleva, or Kess in grixis. Obviously neither is directly on theme, but they each have their advantages, and can be scaled to be as competitive as you want. Jeleva is extremely disruptive, and Kess allows you to be much more resilient to disruption yourself.

In monoblack, Toshiro Umezawa, or Xiahou-Dun, the One Eyed both offer enormous resiliency, and are quite fun (Toshiro Umezawa is my favorite commander of all time, so I'm quite biased here). Also, directly on theme, and potentially exploitable are He Who Hungers and Sanity's Eclipse. Sanity's Eclipse is overcosted for my tastes (I tend to not play commanders with CMC>4), but offers a rare ability for a discard focused deck: instant speed hand disruption. Of course, it also exiles, which can have some antisynergy with your own reanimation, but also prevents their reanimation, so that's a mixed bag based on your taste.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

melding is just a bonus but nothing i'll go for, there's plenty of other strong angels/humans to recur with the on cast effect

5mileys
5mileys

How can we break this motherfucker?
I'm thinking lots of cheap artifacts and <=3CMC creatures that can bounce them back to your hand, but what's the win con?

Attached: Teshar-Ancestors-Apostle.jpg (47 KB, 375x523)

w8t4u
w8t4u

Which you already sacrificed just to add minimal card selection to your seven drop monowhite commander.

Emberfire
Emberfire

it's easy, so easy it can be done in standard

Attached: stand.jpg (192 KB, 983x363)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

He goes infinite but not without jumping through numerous hoops without hoop tutors and there aren't enough cards at 3cmc or less in white that can win a game on their own.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

what's your point mate?

Supergrass
Supergrass

I think Oblivion Sower is a pretty fun card, because it turns into a 20 mana ritual when I play with people like you.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Mono G storm.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Consider that in an effort to make ends meet you are shredding $500 bills to make confetti art in the hopes of getting displayed at some low end art gallery downtown.

That is what your gameplan is.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Nath is all you want

Supergrass
Supergrass

yeah, my group tends to like having fun

massdebater
massdebater

Nath is not elfball and only runs a few for ramp purpose. Nath is a control / stax deck.

iluvmen
iluvmen

I think Oblivion Sower is a pretty fun card, because it turns into a 20 mana ritual when I play with people like you.

Attached: edhg.png (200 KB, 400x1446)

Methnerd
Methnerd

If fun is not being able to play cards until turn seven because your average cmc is over 4 and you have neither ramp nor card draw and not being able to cast your commander and actually play the game until turn 15 maybe you shouldn't be having fun.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Okay then, how would you build a non-combo deck around him?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

competitive multiplayer EDH is a ton of fun user! Even in casual circles though, there's nothing wrong with making the correct play to win the game.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Konda

as in the dog?

cum2soon
cum2soon

I wouldn't.

Just include lots of eggs you moron.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Yes sir. An user posted a very good list here a while ago, and I've been playing it for a while. Shit's fun.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

needing card draw
in casual games

this is not the table for you user

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I'm the Marath asshole. I have a Congregation at Dawn, but didn't put it in since Gishath was just in my 99.

fetch
So, I should keep Ranging Raptors after all, and maybe put Krosan Verge back in. Verge seemed like a worse tapfetch than Grasslands.

I do have Cryptolith Rite. Is that better or worse with dinosaurs than the other 2 drop rocks?

girlDog
girlDog

Magus of the Abyss is my nigga.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

It's very sad compared to a plain old Phyrexian Arena

TechHater
TechHater

JTMS, I'm pretty sure.

eGremlin
eGremlin

[laughs in wizard]

Attached: nabandeanofiteration.jpg (39 KB, 265x370)

w8t4u
w8t4u

Verge seemed like a worse tapfetch than Grasslands.

Attached: (You).png (53 KB, 403x448)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

AND

I can't read

whereismyname
whereismyname

[plays spy kit]
[becomes a wizard]
[LAUGHS IN NON-EUCLIDEAN]

Attached: Ulamog.png (132 KB, 223x311)

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

this kills the edhg

Attached: yasova-triggerclaw.jpg (98 KB, 240x345)

5mileys
5mileys

spy kit affects creature type

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

user you're a fucking dumbass

Techpill
Techpill

when you cast
not when ~ enters the battlefield

Methnerd
Methnerd

on cast =/= enter the battlefield

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Derevi sac shenanigans
Oh boy

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

I cast Pull from Eternity targeting Increasing Confusion

Attached: 35.jpg (202 KB, 672x936)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Good luck I'm behind 5 colors!

Attached: bane.jpg (185 KB, 983x361)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

How is that as valuable as a wheel?

TreeEater
TreeEater

That's a $200+ foil user.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Holy shit really?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Pottery. This gibberish has been brought to you by the elder gods.

Remember children: Ḥ̴̫̩͓̜͇̯̯͕̠̱̦̃ͭ̔̍̾͂̈́̋̓̍E̷̪̜͖̩̗̻̤͎̰̤̺̝͈͉͙̯̺̫̜̔͌ͨͪ͛̐̌̕̕͢C̸̷̦̠͕̭ͧ̇͆ͬ͌͛͌ͫ̂̊̏ͬ̒͂̚͝O̶͙͙͙̠̱̹͇͉̰͖̜͖͙̺̣̞̫ͬ̊̉́͜ͅM̭͉͉͚̥͎̬̮̤̫̙̰̭͍̪̯̗̦̃͌ͨ̈̍̒̉ͤ̇ͨͫ̂͜͢É̡̝̻̘͇̱̦̬̣̎ͨ͛ͫ͌̇ͪͦ̎́̃́͢͞S̷̢̛͔͉̞͙̠̦̫͎̞͚̜͓̣͆̀̍͆͝ͅͅḦ̨̨͉͎̤͇͎̦̯́̐ͦ̽̿̊ͧ͒ͩ͟͟E̴͔͉͖͖̮͓̭͙̝̟͌́̐̃ͦ̎ͩ̾̉͗̇ͬͮͩ̇́͘͢C̡̝͕̫͔̩̟̪͈̪̬̙ͬ͋͛ͣͤͪ̒̾́̌̎́͢O̧̨̝̩̞̯̪̗̠̒̌̔͛͌̓̒́̌͑̓̔̏̽ͨͨ͘͢M̴̢͍̱̺͓̫̻̤͍̭̮̩̺̟͎̥͖ͤͩ̂͒͊̒̒̑̉ͤ̄ͣ̕E̛̳̞̘̳͙̙̹̳̞͕͓͐̏̋̑͊̆ͪ̕͝͠S̢̺̱͉̩͉̪̪̮̝̮͖̙̟͇͖ͫ̊̃̾̿ͫ̉̔̾͗̒̊͐̚̕͠H̨̧̼̻̯͚̩̳͇̋ͤ̍͌͜͡ͅE̵̡̗̤͙̫͈͍͎ͨ̈́̀ͧ̑͋ͬ͂̚͡ͅC̡̢͉̻͖͔̙̭͎̗̝̗̭̙ͣ̑́̓͌̿͑͐̔̏̑̀ͧ̉͆̊͂͌͐͘͝Ö̴̴̭̞̼̻̜̬̺̗̣̟̫͆̌̐̽͆̓̎̆̃̿͗́̕M̶̘̞̱̤̘̱̰̜͚͉͓̰̤̼͎ͪͯ̓̈́ͧ̉ͬ͌ͣͤ̂̆̓̐̈͠͡ͅE̵̷̯͉͍̫̫̤̗͕̙͑͂ͨ̋ͨͫ̔̉̒̔ͨ̌̆́͟S̴̯̫̝̭̫̰̦̮̭͓̜͓̙̿ͫ̓ͦͫ̂͐ͦ̃ͣ͗̎ͬͨ͆͒ͭ́̚Ȟ̷̱̟͍̟̹̼̗̏ͩ̍͑̋̓́̿̇͊̚̚̕͢͜Ȩ̦͔͈͙͍̰͚̗̦̺͇̟͙̮̼ͮ̋̑ͮ̑̍͒ͧ̍̊̏̓̏͟͢ͅȘ̸̨̢̙͙̣̘̩̻̘̣͎̹͚̰̙̱̼̞ͦͩ͌̈́ͬ͋̍̀̆͛ͩ̓͢͡ͅH̨͖͈͍̜͉̣̽̀͑ͭ͆̑̄̍̉̑̆Ḙ̡͚̭̟͇̱̻̦͔̣̙̥̹̦̗̠̥͗̓͋̂̓̽͝R̵̵̸̴̪̦̦̹͚͍͉̻̖̯̜̰̰̆ͬ̿̂͆̽ͨͬͫ͆ͦ̈̾ͮ̏͑͂͡E̢̢̥̤̫͚͚̟͇̼̯͙̔̐̄̎̿̕͡

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Yes.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

[Derevi Wizardball intensifies]

cum2soon
cum2soon

This is easily in the top 10 sexiest cards in the game. I love the card and Masques foils are kino but I can't justify spending $200 on it while there are cards whose cheapest printing costs $200 that I don't have.

askme
askme

snapcaster gonna explode!

Attached: snapcasterkang.hq.jpg (57 KB, 329x470)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I always forget this version exists

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

The opponents still draw 7. It's an extremely powerful card but you're acting like it doesn't also provide opponents with free cards in most situations.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

The opponents still draw 7
Not under my watch!

Attached: notion-thief.jpg (133 KB, 920x644)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

They're going to blackwash every single iconic card, even when it was asian to being with aren't they?

RavySnake
RavySnake

There are 4 threads for you to talk about this, and none of them are this one. Talk about commander, the cards, mechanics, or various greentext stories, don't start this shit.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

probably jace the mind sculptor in teferi followed doubling season in riku and newzuri

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

If anyone plays this guy without LED, Lotus Petal, Auriok Salvagers, and Treasure Hunter then they're bad players. Play those, stuff like this
and it should end up being able to combo off in many different combinations.

Lunatick
Lunatick

You seem pretty butthurt.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

This, tired of politics derailing every thread on every fucking board.

w8t4u
w8t4u

Yup, now fuck off.

Skullbone
Skullbone

how?

WebTool
WebTool

Seconding. EDH is total neutral ground. We have to have somewhere to be the calm in the eye of the storm. and that's coming from an esoteric /pol/ack, in case that matters.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Does your group allow player rewards cards with no rules text on them?

Attached: what-in-tarnation.jpg (193 KB, 480x680)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

implying that's competitive
not running oblivion sower in certain decks that focus on lands

whereismyname
whereismyname

Your group doesn't have much of a fucking choice.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Yes yes, this is why I said it, and all discussion about it is finished as of this post, baring excessive faggotry that will be ignored.

Quick, post a card you like, but never use.

Attached: Gigadrowse.jpg (33 KB, 223x310)

MPmaster
MPmaster

Is there a better mono black commander than sheoldred? 7 mana is a lot but I play a lot of creatures

Here is my list if it helps: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sheoldred-lord-of-demons-and-goodstuff/

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

What kind of monsters wouldn't?

Bidwell
Bidwell

Xiahou Dun obviously.

massdebater
massdebater

We all have phones that can access gatherer and if we don't have phones the shop owner of the LGS can look it up and if we're not at the LGS one of us will have a laptop so yes. Shit like Damnation, Negate, etc ain't hard user.

likme
likme

Attached: heartlesssummoning.hq.jpg (161 KB, 480x680)

Emberburn
Emberburn

None of my commanders are on the EDHrec Top Commanders list
Feels good man

Emberfire
Emberfire

why would we not, some of them look amazing just google the card

Firespawn
Firespawn

Is there a better mono black commander than sheoldred?

[laughs in death]

Attached: horobi,deathswail.hq.jpg (158 KB, 480x680)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Yes, but a few things about your deck:
holy fuck, that curve needs to be fixed
literally no card draw outside of necropotence and phyrexian arena
next to no ramp
next to no reanimation tech outside of your commander

Honestly? You'd be better off with Maleren and tutoring some ramp every game.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Some relevant creatures to return while doing the bomberman combo: Loyal Retainers, Thraben Inspector (need a way to sac her), Brass Secretary (better than Inspector), Ticking Gnomes.

Yeah of course. They're real cards. I play with some pretty casual friends sometimes though and it feels a bit lame when they borrow a deck that has a textless card or I play a textless card and have to tell them what it does.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Good job special snowflake

Lunatick
Lunatick

mills and steals your creature

I can finally face my friends meren deck because i steal whatever he targets or take his stax pieces

Attached: Geth.jpg (94 KB, 620x453)

Booteefool
Booteefool

Being a contrarian faggot isn't exactly a good thing.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Somehow never actually makes it into my 99.

Attached: notion-thief.png (207 KB, 265x366)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

I will never use this card, but I'll always put it in decks to be cut.

Attached: Teferi's-Realm.jpg (71 KB, 312x445)

Bidwell
Bidwell

does your meta not draw cards? If that's the case then that makes sense but you could always force them to

hairygrape
hairygrape

Dare you enter Teferi's Magical Realm?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Sidisi is in the top All Time category
what the fuck I didn't know anyone else even played her

Firespawn
Firespawn

i was just pretending

SniperWish
SniperWish

I've included it in 2 decks over the years but it's obviously not very good. Plebians think that Scrambleverse is a chaos card but Soldier of Fortune is the truest chaos card you can play. Every once in a while his ability is relevant but there are lots of times when you have a mana to spare to annoy someone with. It feelx extra good when you make someone shuffle and then they draw a useless card, even though you really didn't change the probability of them drawing that card.

Attached: 80[1].jpg (261 KB, 672x936)

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Attached: Image.png (133 KB, 223x311)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I prefer Mono-Black Sidisi desu. Than again I have Sisay and Momir Vig as commanders as well so I just like generals who can tutor.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Zombies are extremely popular and she's the multicolor zombie general. I play her with only a few zombie tribal cards, almost exclusively creatures and self mill effects to maximize her trigger rate.

Evilember
Evilember

This is why the gatewatch was formed, the colorless menace needs to be stopped!

Attached: gideonofthetrials.full.jpg (94 KB, 240x345)

Firespawn
Firespawn

Oh my, what a classy sassy fellow you are.

FastChef
FastChef

Mikaeus is also reall good.
You need creatures on the lower end of the mana curve with etbs, cards like faceless butcher, nekrataal and gray merchant of asphodel.
Cool interaction with butcher is you can exile sheoldred with it, then board wipe and then you will only have sheoldred out to rebuild. I run a stax style build
Sorry in advance posting from phone.

Attached: 2DA5E5E5-38F8-4BA8-BC41-F8D74C65E889.jpg (2.39 MB, 4032x3024)

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I already draw enough myself with Damia, and keep cutting it from variations of the 99 in favor of weird black and blue jank. There's always some big dumb spell I'd rather have over another creature, even if it's a creature that gets used like a spell.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

hey im gonna imperial seal
sure it resolves but after im gonna make you shuffle

MPmaster
MPmaster

Don't ever post again.

farquit
farquit

cast Expropriate
cast Twincast
table scoops
s-sorry

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Is there a better mono black commander than sheoldred?
Chainer laughs at your face

Attached: 56.jpg (62 KB, 312x445)

likme
likme

wait what explain the butcher interaction with sheoldred?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

faceless butcher
When Faceless Butcher enters the battlefield, exile target creature other than Faceless Butcher.
When Faceless Butcher leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
not hard to misinterpret honestly

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

So you aren't running any of the cards that combo with Mikaeus? I've only played him as a cutthroat combo deck that crammed as many combos as possible into mono black along with all the best tutors. He must be a decent goodstuff general too though.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Can you not read?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

My mind automatically translated "butcher" to Butcher of Malakir.

Nojokur
Nojokur

my bad i didn't even see faceless butcher on the list i thought he was referring to butcher of malakir

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Most of these textless cards have pretty simple effects, and they are usually memorable cards, so it shouldn't be a problem 90% of the time. It's not like they are playing with a textless Isperia, or Dance of the Dead.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

You play butcher targeting sheoldred.
You exile sheoldred without putting her in command zone.
You then cast toxic deluge for 20 whipping the board and killing butcher and everything else.
Sheoldred comes back because butcher died and you are the only one with a creature out.
Say that 2 my face n not online

Attached: 7561AE8C-E342-4B27-BD01-EAA2C5FC7BA3.png (453 KB, 800x534)

farquit
farquit

there isnt even a butcher of malakir in his deck

5mileys
5mileys

I love the idiots who play Cryptic without knowing all of its abilities.

Alternatively just have Sheoldred out and win that way.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Sometimes not an option when they have too many tokens

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

That's a high-skill play. It takes full advantage of the synergy between the good cards that you're already playing and can turn the tables of a game that you're losing.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

playing a board wipe is a high-skill play

idontknow
idontknow

can you read?

Attached: reallynow.png (159 KB, 785x357)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

If only you were there a few days ago when the confusion started.

Emberburn
Emberburn

toxic deluge for 20

Attached: 1510817659287.jpg (19 KB, 480x480)

WebTool
WebTool

all this talk about faceless butcher
Look at this thing. Fucking look at it.

Attached: dicks.jpg (112 KB, 620x552)

DeathDog
DeathDog

playing mtg is high skill play

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

play white weiners
no ramp troubles when everything costs W or WW

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

He never said it was.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

opponent plays a 3/3
lose

Do not ever reply to anons replying to me ever again.

Inmate
Inmate

Does this look like the ass of mercy?

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Do not ever reply to anons replying to me ever again.
Oh man I had a giggle. Pretty funny stuff user.

Attached: 1492309821494.jpg (66 KB, 437x437)

Firespawn
Firespawn

user...

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Gross over exaggeration.

Attached: 8224B565-D2E8-42D1-905A-E5D5A9D11388.jpg (82 KB, 561x442)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Doesn’t really look like a dick not even one with a foreskin

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I fucked up my drawing. It's in perspective, the shaft is coming at an angle from underneath, but the head cleft got drawn at an awkward angle. Shit looks like a dick.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Invoke Prejudice

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Wouldn't toxic deluge still be active when sheoldred comes back from exile, killing her too?

I know you were trying to make an off the cuff example, but I remember toxic deluge. it's an asshole.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Attached: 1506727513669.jpg (144 KB, 464x664)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

You're fucking stupid.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I mean sort of, it just looks like a Crustacean to me.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Need more obnoxious cards like this please.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Wouldn't toxic deluge still be active when sheoldred comes back from exile, killing her too?
That is a cool idea but no it is not. A card that did that would be a rules nightmare.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Thats not how it works.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

user, a real dick pic would this fantastic image from our friend Greg staples.

Attached: Read-the-flavor-text.jpg (26 KB, 223x310)

happy_sad
happy_sad

Fuck, now I need to listen to Ween.

Also, what deck would be the most Ween?

Attached: 1510613787901.gif (1024 KB, 184x141)

cum2soon
cum2soon

You don't say.

Attached: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310)

Methnerd
Methnerd

"until end of turn"

TD resolves
effect kills creatures, in this case Faceless Butcher
Sheoldred comes back
still the same turn, Sheoldred is a creature
Sheoldred gets -20/-20

What am I misunderstanding?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

shieeeeeet

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Also, Thada Adel is underrated.

Attached: 40[1].jpg (69 KB, 312x445)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

merfolk duh, house rule is to play ocean man whenever a merfolk etbs, if multiple enter restart the song each time a new one enters

OCEAN MAN TAKE ME BY THE HAND LEAD ME TO THE LAND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Funny you say that, i've been listening to Buckingham green, Its gonna be alright and Ocean man all day.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

what about waving my dick in the wind

Soft_member
Soft_member

anyone ever threaten physical violence as a diplomatic system In edh? most players are pretty easy to intimidate and it makes you feel like the US as the table police

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Yeah its easy to do that, but if you wanted to play the u.s all you would have to do it make a pact with the dude with the long nose, killspell everything in his way and just hold a big board state.

Methnerd
Methnerd

end step of the opponent who goes before you's turn
activate to make a copy Arcanis then tap it
my turn
tap to draw 3, make a new copy, tap to draw 3
The end step rules make this feel like cheating.

Attached: 175[1].jpg (65 KB, 312x445)

Emberfire
Emberfire

Almost senpai. "Until End of Turn" only applies to objects in play that are effected by something.

For example, if you played Overwhelming Stampede and then cast something, I don't know let's say Thrun, Thrun doesn't get the buff from the stampede because it didn't exist when the spell resolved.

/edhg/ likes ween
You guys are really cool. I'm personally a fan of the mollusk sessions, as opposed to the actual album, because I feel like it has a better "vibe".

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

6/8/2016 All creatures on the battlefield when Toxic Deluge resolves are affected. Ones that enter the battlefield or become creatures later in the turn are not.
From gatherer.
Nah

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

this is how we turn from school shootings to LGS shootings

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Excellent, thank you. I am currently making a "I'm done playing magic tonight so i'm just going to be a prick and make myself chortle EDH deck"

RumChicken
RumChicken

I dont run mikaues, I just was saying that he is also a really good mono black commander.

WebTool
WebTool

Thread question
Urza's Incubator probably. But I've got a Horizon Canopy in my trade binder. Selesnya is a shitty color combination anyway.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Funny slightly relevant story:
playing magic at the flgs
stereotypical kaalia starter pack guy shows up, 125lbs soaking wet, skeleton with greasy hair and cargo shorts
talking mad shit about how his kaalia deck is the best thing ever and we don't stand a chance
our group is high power, so my buddy invites him to his pod, asks him if he's okay with that
kaalia continues to shoot his mouth off about it
buddy plays darietti staxlocks and mld, we all have a giggle because kaliaa is going to have a bad time
I'm playing in my pod downstairs, things are going well when suddenly there's a thud and muffled yelling upstairs
I rush up to see what's going on
kaalia guy is yelling and making a scene because someone blew up his only plains before he could cast his commander, and predictably, his deck is useless
starts talking about how he's going to come over to my buddy's house and rape his girlfriend like an edgelord
start trying to calm the situation down, Kaalia is getting madder and madder the calmer we get
sucker punches darietti with a limp noodle arm, grabs a shitty swiss army knife out of his pocket like a true fedora
just to point out, I'm fuckhuge and a bouncer for a sketchy country bar
literally drugs and fistfights every day
kaalia had no way of knowing this and I'm within arms reach
swooped in like batman, planted him on his ass, picked him up by his belt, and tossed him outside
starts talking about how he's going to call the police and have me arrested, then sue the store
the owner calmly takes his picture, bans him from the shop, and locks the door
we go back to playing EDH like nothing happened, darietti was fine, we had a good laugh about it
Kaalia had to call his mom to get a ride, wound up sitting on the curb outfront for 20 minutes

Attached: 1498962386802.png (590 KB, 1496x644)

likme
likme

Mutilated lips sounds good on that version.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Holy fuck I love mutilated lips, I'm literally listening to it right now. It just has this perfect balance of absurd nonsense and cool fucking poetry.

I bet they'd rock cephalid tribal really really fucking hard.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Nice, was this before you won every lottery and then became a Saudi oil baron on the Moon?

whereismyname
whereismyname

Would you like to see my custom size 16 nikes with an emrakul, the aeons torn on top?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Jesus christ. I got one that isn't as bad.

played multani group slug
knocking people out left right and center, 40 commander trample damage on turn 4 consistently.
people wised up and started packing clones, its a laugh
one play is a mono black reanimation player, a total fucking door-knob, texts during other people's turns
doesnt know his cards
misses his triggers because he's checking his phone
he says my deck is too linear
we start a match, I put a die on multani and tick it up for every player he's killed in battle.
everyones having a giggle/
mono black becomes salty
next game starts.
i power out multani and a llanowar elf on turn 3
mono black bitches about how green ramp is gay, reanimates fucking SHEOLDRED ON TURN THREE, brags about how my deck is now useless.
My turn comes around and I'm starting to feel a little salty that this prick is going to get the best of me
draw my card
fucking DESERT TWISTER
DESERT TWIST HIS SHEOLDRED
SWING FOR 40 COMMANDER DAMAGE
TICK UP MULTANI'S KILL COUNT
Everyone's giggling
Mono black bitches about how it isn't fair, scoops up and literally leaves the store.

He hasn't come back since this happened four years ago.

StonedTime
StonedTime

How big are these ultra-casual pods that Multani is a 40/40 turn 4?

Soft_member
Soft_member

Doing god's work user. Want some spice? Memory Jar.

Attached: 12.jpg (6 KB, 500x363)

Emberfire
Emberfire

these are great more greentext butthurt

hairygrape
hairygrape

Oh, someone post the Azathoth custom commander story, and the sequel where the sperglord gets custom commanders banned by using a more broken oona.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

With how many cards the black player went through to reanimate sheoldred and how many cards the green player went through to ramp and desert twister it sounds like there were at least 7 players which is disgusting.

w8t4u
w8t4u

how it would make the most sense for white to draw cards?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Like this.

Attached: Martyr's-Cry.jpg (67 KB, 312x445)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

The deck ran every howling mine effect it could cram in, and there a lot of blue players, our pods never exceed five.

Lunatick
Lunatick

I think the best way we could get for white to draw cards and stay in flavor is a reverse balance. White has loads of cards like limited resources, balance, tragic arrogance, and arbiter of knollridge that even shit up. What about a white draw spell that lets you draw cards to be equal to your opponent? It could be a garbage standard card, priced at five or six mana, but white would still love to play it and its right up their alley.

Supergrass
Supergrass

can't find my ScOoze
EDH night is tomorrow

Attached: 2000-yard-stare.jpg (293 KB, 468x490)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

in highschool in late 90s
new lgs opens up in next town
full of sperglords
speg king brings in booster boxes of arabian/legends/revised etc that he got before people started playing in my area
folders of unlimited to 4th edition
keeps asking if people want to buy cards (mainly kids) then says they cant afford them
smuggest smug that ever smugged
followed him to his car
bricked the windows when he went to get lunch and grabbed his backpacks
never went back
played bunches of games with those cards among friends, never used sleeves, threw them out when we stopped playing after chronicles came out
never saw guy again, heard he killed himself
yolo we was kids

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

You're a genius, but you don't know it yet.

White Wheel
3WW
Sorcery
Each player exiles their hand, then draws a number of cards equal to the fewest cards in any players hand, plus one.

Lunatick
Lunatick

I was an edgelord as a kid, but that's some next level edge. It's one thing to steal a chocolate bar, it's another to mug a guy and smash his car windows.

Attached: 1491973059137.jpg (63 KB, 640x360)

Evilember
Evilember

Attached: Inheritance-AL.jpg (126 KB, 488x680)

Illusionz
Illusionz

teaching a buddy how to play edh
we're alone in a store
dude walks, asks if he can join
tell him he might be bored because we're using precons and my buddy is still learning
he says he has a super casual deck and he doesn't mind
we start a game
he brings out oloro, decked out with duals and everything
aggressively tutors (demonic/enlightened) for sanguine bond/exquisite blood
obviously wrecks our two precons
"want a rematch? haha sorry about that, I got lucky"
tell him sure but I'll use my other deck (teferi stax, years before chainveil was printed)
my friend is basically furniture with his precon
Oloro tries to tutor up his combo
counter him into oblivion
I land frozen aether
transmute mudle the mixture for chronotog
he laughs asking why i run that,
he starts digging for some shit i dont know what
my next turn comes around, archaeomancer into muddle to transmute for stasis
Teferi untaps 4 and pass (scared of counters)
friend is still in the game with an empty board and lands
Oloro lands thopter assembly combo, i let it resolve
he gains a shit ton of life and infinite thopters
he starts getting ready to pick up his cards like im going to fucking concede
"b-but i have infinite life, how can you win? I'm untapping next turn"
"no you're not."
Float mana, untap 4 with teferi, float an extra 4, sunder, stasis, chronotog. Activate chronotog's ability
The dude doesn't understand the gravity of the situation
keeps doing his turns while I keep skipping mine
finally realizes he cant win
"so is that all you do? wait for me to draw my deck? thats so gay"
he doesnt even say bye, he just leaves.

pubstompers are cancer, but this guy was just preying on perceived weaker players.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

what commanders let me experience EXTREME VALUE?

girlDog
girlDog

i don't think white should necessarily draw cards, but it should have more ways of maintaining card advantage. the color could have more value recursion in regards to low cmc creatures for example. like, pay 4 mana and a card to return 2 creatures with 4 cmc or less from your grave to battlefield.

hairygrape
hairygrape

White Privilege
3WW
Enchantment
Hexproof
When White Privilege enters the battlefield each white player draws a card for each non white player then target non white player loses the game, When there are no non white players left the game ends in a draw (but is still counted as a win)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I believe you but Id still like to see something like that

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

didnt mug him just broke into his car, nothing serious

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Sure user, give me like five minutes.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Thats a pretty funny way to beat a cunt lmao

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

just broke into his car, nothing serious

Attached: 1321935866743.jpg (74 KB, 250x250)

askme
askme

"b-but i have infinite life, how can you win? I'm untapping next turn"
"no you're not."
Phenomenal.

Attached: 1459128166982.jpg (181 KB, 900x675)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

so what stopped him from smashing you with infinite thopters

Skullbone
Skullbone

willingly admitting to being an enormous scumbag

WebTool
WebTool

Stasis, you skip untap step.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Tasigur
Meren
Rashmi
Azami
Kess

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Oh snap something to combine with that pshychic surgery card from NP for maximum exile mill jank.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Attached: IMG-20180315-004526.jpg (4.02 MB, 4048x3036)

askme
askme

Frozen aether makes everything come in tapped, Stasis makes it so players skip their untap step.

TreeEater
TreeEater

frozen aether made all of his shit enter the battlefield tapped, and stasis stopped anything from ever untapping. It's very rude.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Emrakul colored AF1 highs

Attached: jeremiah-johnson-approves.gif (1.93 MB, 235x240)

Flameblow
Flameblow

i don't see the rules mentioning anything about untapping to remove summoning sickness

ok i didn't catch that card

iluvmen
iluvmen

Thanks user, I try my best.

Attached: 1518195214521.gif (1.4 MB, 400x400)

likme
likme

playing Drana 1.0 Big Black
friend playing Atraxa Superfriends #1831507
thankfully does not have tutors or a Doubling Season
mid-late game, he uses Elixir of Immortality to shuffle in his graveyard, which includes all his dead 'walkers
topdecks that fucking Gideon, immediately pops the emblem since he didn't have it yet
becomes maximum smug
my turn, topdeck Hero's Downfall immediately drop it on Gideon
Nightmare Incursion with like 20 Swamps on my board
exile every single planeswalker in his deck and some other tasty-looking stuff
shake the Phelddagrif player's hand for allowing me to drop a fuckload of Swamps

Attached: 1384035880770.jpg (181 KB, 900x779)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

I remember there being another alternative to MTGO besides Xmage and Cockatrice but I don't remember what it was called. Anybody know what program I mean?

idontknow
idontknow

MODO?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

lmao thats great

nice shoes user

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

shandalar

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

researching doomsday piles for dralnu
only ones that don't require labman require a Fucking lion's eye diamond or power artifact

Attached: 1520538488204.png (316 KB, 536x598)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

arbiter of knollridge
This card triggers me because of my retarded friend who insisted on saying that card did not count as gaining life because it didn't say the words "gain life" on it.
Meanwhile I had either rain of gore or havoc festival out.

5mileys
5mileys

Ux Doomsday deck
not requiring LabMan
The hell piles are you looking at? Also run Mind's Desire Doomsday piles

cum2soon
cum2soon

magic workstation?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

wants to play Doomsday but doesn't have an LED
Don't.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Alright anons, if I wanted to build doomsday, what are my options?

It seems like I have a few issues with the concept:
doomsday doesn't put any cards in hand, meaning you need an enabler, that dranlu/grenzo conveniently offset
three black pips to cast, and while that's feasible, it makes me leery of three plus colour decks
sorcery speed unless you quicken it
I know one labman, but otherwise I'd have to start from scratch

Attached: 1511266507945.jpg (298 KB, 1200x1579)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

brainlets trying to play Doomsday

takes2long
takes2long

I love Lion's Eye Diamond, because it's one of the better trades I've made.

LED's get bought out
Price spikes from ~$100 to ~$250 each overnight
LGS ups the price on their playset of LEDs to $250 each to match online prices
nobody really thinks the price will hold
in comes this one guy and instantly buys the playset the LGS has for sale
proud that he managed to "grab" them first
walks around the store, talking to people about the LED spike
eventually realizes his mistake
but the mistake is made, he isn't getting his money back from the store
starts walking around asking if people want to trade or buy the LED's
naturally nobody is interested
he is getting increasingly desperate
tries to trade them off to me, tell him I'm not interested
he says I'll get a good deal on them
mention that I don't even need a playset of LED's in the first place, why would I want them now that they are way overpriced?
he says he'll trade them away for the pre-spike price
I ask him if he's sure, he is
trade a playset of Goyfs for a playset of LED's

And that's the story of how one guy spent $1000 on a playset of Tarmogoyfs.
I traded away the LED's a few weeks later for around $180 each.

hairygrape
hairygrape

It's arguably the most complicated legacy deck because it has so many options. I'm a stax guy, I understand that it's powerful, but I'm having trouble connecting how you win on the spot. I understand storm, but I don't understand how to win with five cards unless I've dicked around with a fuckload of mana before hand.

I guess I'm coming in with the assumption that I'm going to have limited mana, because I usually win through resource denial and boardstate, when that's not necessarily the case.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

There are some pretty efficient piles you can build.

Doomsday

opener

Gush
Git Probe
LED
YawgWill
LabMan

Best case scenario, that whole pile costs very little to start after landing Doomsday.

Real men play Second Sunrise piles

MPmaster
MPmaster

This God pull when hours came out
Invocation thoughtseize-$125

Attached: 20170714-204803.jpg (2.16 MB, 2160x2160)

Evilember
Evilember

Usually you just use Gush, some form of self-mill/looting (Usually Predict, but also Frantic Search or Thought Scour for example), with a 1 mana reanimate spell. Put the Lab Man in the yard, last draw spell being Gitaxian Probe, Brainstorm or Chromatic Shere.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Either it's FBB Volcanic Island, or Foil Gaea's Cradle, or my Foil Grim Monolith, not exactly sure which one is the most expensive.

Evilember
Evilember

Oh god
vencer + inalla + panhermonicon/this
Time to pick up your board

WebTool
WebTool

Thread question
I think Mana Crypt. I do have a set of Wheels though

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

playing at lgs, super casual since we got bored of our normal decks
guy comes over and asks if he can join
friend tells him that we are playing gimped precon tier decks
guy says thats great
"my deck is uber casual bro"
sits down and keeps his commander face down, "its a surprise bro"
playing landanimation tribal with surrak dragon claw
he casts his commander
walker teferi
casts chainveil later on
my interaction is limited to fight mechanics with some goodstuff
group gets mad, says thats not a casual deck in the slightest
he wins, ask him for a rematch with a similiar powerlevel deck
he looks smug and agrees
pull out Zur combo
doomsday his ass into next week
"r-r-rematch!"
zur is stupid consistent, its why i shelved the deck
he cant resolve anything of importance because i onky soend mana on counters and tutors
beat him 3 more times
he tries to bitch at everyone that i played "a bullshit commander against his casual deck"

Fuck that guy. Other problems at my LGS include some people holding grudges for literal weeks if you kill or counter their stuff

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Okay, now we're talking. I understand this type of pile, but what happens when you're missing a key piece? Do you just build your deck around protecting the one combo, or do you throw in a whole bunch of piles, tutor doomsday, and pick the best pile for the situation?

My gut says BUG self-mill mimeoplasm because it seems to pack enough recursion, and mimeo can reuse labman if need be, but I've never seen a list like that before. I'm mostly familiar with the Zur version.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Usually you should have enough draw spells to just use whatever is available to piece together a pile that works. Most of the pieces for a good doomsday pile are generically good draw spells in the first place, so having enough redundancy isn't really a problem.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

How do you not know? Good gravy I'm salivating thinking of all the helpful real-life shit I could buy just by selling those 3 cards

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Had the WOG version
what does wrath of God do"

Attached: 8J39pCK.png (143 KB, 179x307)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

there is no need for you to start acting like a nigger

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

That makes sense, it's all coming together now. So it's like a storm build in the sense that you want a bunch of cantrips, but instead of risking it fizzling out if you don't hit your storm card or play it out poorly, you grab doomsday to tutor a particular pile that wins the game.

What happens if labman, or your key combo piece gets exiled? I'm pretty sure the grenzo list involves kiki-conscripts in some capacity, but same sort of question.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Are we forgetting about the dick wurm

Attached: m-760-008-1nm-2.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)

farquit
farquit

You're absolutely right.

What's your favorite piece of removal user?

Bidwell
Bidwell

Because they're all worth a lot but the prices fluctuate so one might be more expensive than the other when I check and then a month later it changes.

I paid a total of $500 for all of them. I had been sitting on the fence for years on the Cradle before I finally made the purchase (At $250), then one month later it tripled in value.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Most spicy tech for this bad boy? Never done a mono-black commander either, mostly do tri-color.

Attached: Shirei.jpg (35 KB, 223x310)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Thread question
It's gotta be my last Chains of Mephistopheles. Sold the other three- but I'm never taking the last one out of Nekusar, no matter how antisynergetic it may be.

Booteefool
Booteefool

More importantly Doomsday asks you what you already have on the field and in your hand, and every usable card opens up literally hundreds of additional piles. The addition of Top or a Fetchland drastically change the routes available to win.
What happens if labman, or your key combo piece gets exiled?
You try not to let that happen, usually somehow involving the color blue.

This is the age of edhrec user.

viagrandad
viagrandad

Didn't Chains increase a lot in value the last few days?

It's $800 now.

likme
likme

Embrace the meme

Attached: shadowborn-apostle.jpg (32 KB, 223x310)

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

It got bought out, you can still find it for ~$400 in some places.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Any tips for nonbinary EDH deck?
Please no Yahenni or other monoblack (This deck shouldn't be portrayed in a bad light).

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Honestly might, trying to not making it as competitive as my other decks for my play group's sake.

Attached: 1511591625039.png (180 KB, 321x522)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Just get your playgroup to use custom cards and make a (You) commander.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Guy at my LGS brought a Shadowborn Apostle deck last week, it was sad to watch as we just made sure he never reached 6 apostles a single time. Eventually he just ran out of cards in hand and sat there topdecking one and one Apostle.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

thats rude user

Attached: r-rude.png (120 KB, 349x590)

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Friend wants to test a deck made of this pre-Razaketh
My only deck at the time is Talrund
He's got cascade for each time he plays an Apostle
Wait for him to cascade out all his Apostle's
He's feeling smug cause he can search for all his wincons
Timestop before stack resolves
I'd never seen someone go from happy to JUST so fast

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Jesus Christ, that's the sexiest thing anyone's ever said to me. Hope it hits the 4 digit mark eventually.

girlDog
girlDog

Maybe it was, but allowing him to reach 6 disciples would let him start repeatedly tutor, which we obviously couldn't allow.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

guy brings tuned apostle deck after weeks of buying the cards
that one player who maindecks memoricide to nab combo pieces uses it naming shadowborn apostle
sodium content so high the play lost its heart foundation tick of approval

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

All of this apostle bullying is making me reconsider this. I wouldn't care about winning but I wouldn't want to get straight cucked out of the game

Attached: qgji5zuf31sz.jpg (361 KB, 1280x720)

Evilember
Evilember

Best waifu commanders? Best cards to express affection and devotion (no fucking nykthos jokes)?
Best magical realm hinting cards?

Attached: mtg--thalia--heretic-cathar-promo-by-algenpfleger-dawnnia.jpg (207 KB, 1029x776)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Apostles do absolutely nothing until you have 6 of them on the board at once, and that's harder than it sounds, especially if you "only" run twenty or thirty of them.
I've seen Apostle decks been attempted a few times and each time it was a huge failure.

eGremlin
eGremlin

How do you find people who play commander?

likme
likme

Elesh Norn is great with Nykthos.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Atraxa is all of those things, especially the last one.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I just show up to my LGS.

RavySnake
RavySnake

look under the toilet lid, normally find a few stuck to the side of the bowl

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

My LGS doesn't do commander. A lot of the people there look down on commander players as inferior, and compare the format to YGO or Pokemon.

hairygrape
hairygrape

YGO is way better than commander though.

Evilember
Evilember

They're among the Magic players that treat any Veeky Forums that isn't Magic as absolute trash, and will actively harass anyone that doesn't agree.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Powercreep: The Game
No thanks.

Flameblow
Flameblow

at its most casual Commander is a boring non-game where hands are compared and the person with the most efficient start because of the few cheap powerful staples wins
at its most competitive Commander is a boring non-game where hands are compared and the person to combo off earliest with counterspell backup turn 2-4 wins
somewhere in between is a true casual format where braindead precon players are pitted against 75%ers with powerful combos, tutors and decks over $1000
At least yugioh in its multiple modes of play has an actual developed meta where each player stays around a certain level of power while card availability isn't restricted by a weekly buyout driving shitty cards to $800 like Chain of Mephistopheles.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Reposting from last thread

Orzhov user#9301

I can't seem to friend req you so send me one when you can.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Fuck off with your discord shit.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I love my Wort, Boggart auntie deck. It's so bad.

Thread question
The Dark Blood Moon

Attached: 60.jpg (79 KB, 312x445)

King_Martha
King_Martha

zur is a little bitch, desu

likme
likme

at its most casual YGO is a boring non-game where hands are compared and the person with the most efficient start because of the few powerful staples everyone has wins
at its most competitive YGO is a boring non-game where hands are compared and the person to combo off earliest with handtrap back turn 2-4 wins
somewhere in between is a true casual format where braindead precon players are pitted against 75%ers with powerful combos, tech engines. and decks over $100

askme
askme

If someone removes your butcher when you put his first ability on the stack targetting sheoldred, your sheoldred is permanantly exiled. Goes both ways though, you can so the same to anything you target with faceless butcher.

Nojokur
Nojokur

thread question
Usually my dual lands since they seem to ever be increasing in value. I have some expensive judge foils in some decks that beat them out though.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Most valuable card is my deck is Sol Ribg.
I never lose when I play it turn 1.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Its probably my Underground Sea, but depending on the day it could be my foil Treachery, those old foils are really inconsistent so I have seen it jump to $800 and crash to $250-300 range. Have a handful of other duals and pricey reserve list cards, but no P9, library, workshop or tabernacle, so I don't have any one card in 4 digit range yet.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Chain of Mephistopheles
This thread keeps bitching about this card and uses it as a Reserve List boogeyman but not in my almost ten years of playing Commander have I once seen it played even at GenCon. I've seen Cradles, I've seen original duals, I've seen Wheels, and I've even see Timetwisters. Never once have I seen this card y'all bitch about and I'm guessing it's more the Veeky Forums equivalent of the monkeys and ladders experiment rather than actual irl experiences.

FastChef
FastChef

i'll share the two non-labman i've discovered by rooting around google
Ideas Unbound
Basalt Monolith
Power Artifact
Exsanguinate
Elixir of Immortality
This pile doesn't win the game the turn you play Doomsday and you need alot of colored to play it (x5B; x4U) but it sets you up for a big win. elixir is there for protection but GY hate fucks you

the second pile i actually made the mistake of not realizing one of the key cards was white. so it will work out as an esper doomsday combo but sadly not for dralnu unless i can find a UB replacement effect for second sunrise.
Predict
brainfreeze
Conjurer's Bauble
Lion's Eye Diamond
Second Sunrise

Attached: file.png (139 KB, 223x310)

Emberfire
Emberfire

Don't worry, if they remove all your apostles they've just thinned your deck into pure gas.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Two smug assholes playing GAAIV and Leovold challenged me to a 2-headed EDH match teamed with a guy playing WURG partner infinites (who will probably not build another deck for that occasion).

Give me your best commander/tech to dunk on these contorl/stax assholes.Considering Ruric atm

Attached: 1499493470406.jpg (87 KB, 298x298)

Spamalot
Spamalot

at least hes only a couple bucks- thats sucks though user, love scooze.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

endrek, assault suit and all tutors, dont let anyone win

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

start match
call judge on Leovoldfag for playing a banned commander
win

FastChef
FastChef

A judge would do what?

Emberburn
Emberburn

Recommend me a single color to build a deck with!

Attached: 07b338b06a07cb3e3df1d159ea81f8ed[1].png (137 KB, 911x619)

Firespawn
Firespawn

Your opponent is playing a banned card. Their deck is illegal and the banned card either needs to be replaced, the deck needs to be changed to a legal deck, or they can just not play.
I mean I imagine it's just casual EDH night or whatever but you're perfectly allowed to refuse to play with them too, considering the Leovoldfag is literally playing an illegal deck. And if the precedent is set for ignoring the Banlist, just play Braid stax or something.

Attached: 1494812295740.jpg (80 KB, 602x500)

Soft_member
Soft_member

So the Judge enforces the banlist? But it's not a WOTC banlist is it?

w8t4u
w8t4u

Red.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

literally the first link in ops post to start the thread has the banlist

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

WoTC acknowledges and sanctions the commander format officially and abides by Sheldons banlist, yes. There's a reason we have official commander products, user.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Jokes on you, that faggot is our judge

Supergrass
Supergrass

if you are not using banlist play baral polymorph/emrakul
all counterspells and card draw
every polymorph effect
only creature in your deck is emmy-kun
100% hit rate

MPmaster
MPmaster

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-grave-combos/
rate my budget breya deck. and to answer the thread question, it's volrath's stronghold.

Attached: THANK-YOU-BOOBIES.gif (382 KB, 500x281)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Neheb or Grenzo, Havoc Raiser?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Either don't play with faggots who play illegal cards or beat them at their own game by playing your own illegal cards. has the right idea, or maybe Griseldaddy or Braids.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Fuck yeah, I'm so glad I got one of these before they tripled in price. It's fucking good and I love talking about the story behind the card.

He's one of my favorite artists so it's such a shame that he literally worships Hitler.

Attached: 4315896-orig.jpg (170 KB, 626x800)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

heartless, it's always heartless

DeathDog
DeathDog

been there done that desu

Spamalot
Spamalot

Yeah, if leovold is being played you gotta fight dirty. he'll come down on turn 3 or sooner with ramp and limit your draw. ruric stax will make the rivers run red with their blood. especially the GAAIV player

SniperWish
SniperWish

You have fo'real clowns feat

w8t4u
w8t4u

Nigger yugihoes is literal trash since 06.

Attached: 51EGzrmjgrL.-SS500.jpg (42 KB, 500x500)

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Da fuck is this? Looks like a diddly.

But yes his art is 10/10 even with hitler jesus being a thing.

Attached: Randomdildo.png (36 KB, 105x141)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

not to turn this into /edhg/ - /pol/itics edition, but what do you mean by hitler jesus? that just sounds funny and absurd. like, intentionally campy kind of funny.

Booteefool
Booteefool

A ding-dong diddly?

likme
likme

Err it's a picture Harold Mcneill did.

Literally Jesus with a hilter moustache.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Here. Creepy af.

Attached: 4523487-orig.jpg (60 KB, 599x735)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

tfw skeleton legendary in core set 2019

Skullbone
Skullbone

But user, that last sentence is what makes him the GREATEST MTG artist.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Reposting

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I honestly don't care what artists do in their personal lives. The shame is that we'll never get more MTG art from him.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

You've never doomsdayed untill you've tree trisk kill some one with grenzo piles

DeathDog
DeathDog

But maro said the ching chongs don't like them, and we have can't offend their cultural views even though none of them play, so no more skellies.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

That can't be real.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

well the whole ching chongs and skeletons thing is true there is a youtube video that explains why they removed all the bones from WoW for the china market version

Inmate
Inmate

Chinkeys don't like skeletons?

Wasn't there a skeleton mythic rare in Born of the Gods?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

The chinks/commies in the chink government won't allow any human skeletons to be depicted in their media. In the past, wotc has just altered art to get it to pass, and had two different versions of the art. No idea if they've decided to cut costs by letting censorship dictate their entire market. Fuck em if they have.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

China iz gay

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Depends on how good you want the deck to be, if you want it to be super competitive then don't run it.

It's a fine card in normal edh groups tho

Flameblow
Flameblow

I want a new Skeleton legendary, possibly in Sultai. I want it to spook things from the graveyard back the battlefield as skeletons. There's only a slim chance for regenerate, but I would like it.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Skeleton Tasigur

Attached: unnamed-(4).gif (147 KB, 483x305)

TechHater
TechHater

I was thinking maybe something that exiles permanents from defending player's grave and both you and him create a token of the card, but it has regenerate for 1B or GB, but delve skeleton that has an effect like Soulflayer and one cool effect in addition, or has each activated ability from permanents exiled with the delve ability?

Attached: Soulflayer-FRF.jpg (130 KB, 488x680)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

baral polymorph into emrakul the aeons torn.
at worst you'll just be a counter dispenser until your partner combos off, which is usually what I do with my buddy and we rarely lose. (Azami/Savra team)

Methnerd
Methnerd

Legendary soulflayer that has all abilities of cards exiled with delve would be cool.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

it's real. skeletons get altered art for the chinese market because they are 2spooky.

Attached: AltArt-DHG.jpg (142 KB, 665x770)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

What is best commander and why is it the Forever Serpent?

Attached: NickyB.jpg (21 KB, 472x266)

Flameblow
Flameblow

Too much mana.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Tarn, I cracked an MM17 and a Khans box a year ago and ended up with exactly the Grixis fetches which I took as a sign to build the Marchesa deck I've been thinking about.

Attached: 244.jpg (63 KB, 312x445)

Methnerd
Methnerd

I built one with Malfegor this year. I haven't played it yet and it's most certainly terrible, but that won't stop me

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-you-and-fuck-your-hand

Attached: wilde-kadse.jpg (74 KB, 599x563)

Soft_member
Soft_member

Reposting

takes2long
takes2long

gaeas cradle, bought it about a year ago

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Volcanic island is my most expensive in my deck but I have a mox ruby and some other reserve list stuff in a fire safe or in decks.

JunkTop
JunkTop

Wrong

Attached: Skeleton.jpg (52 KB, 312x445)

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Attached: Skeleton-5.jpg (46 KB, 312x445)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

When is a good time to get m25 singles? Now or next week?

I at least want some coalition relics and maybe some filter lands.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

I can keep going, but you get the point

Attached: Skeleton6.jpg (46 KB, 312x445)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

1-2 weeks after release seemed to be the low point for previous masters sets, so wait a little

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Is there a tier list for 1v1 commanders somewhere? My lgs started hosting 1v1 commander and everyone is playing that now, so I want a competitive tier 1 deck that can win.
Edgar Markov seems like a solid choice, but I don't have much experience in 1v1 commander.

Attached: 1520979881231.png (829 KB, 1294x1136)

farquit
farquit

Whenever I think "Yeah I have enough decks" I find myself building new things.

I hate this. I hate and love the fact that I have cards coming for Sasaya, Feldon and Kraj.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I once built a competitive combo list around malfegor. It was actually good. Malfegor was used as a wrath of God and discard outlet to get good things into the graveyard.

eGremlin
eGremlin

I remember when that shit was reaching $90.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

What commander best shows the evils of communism?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Yes, this is true, but I'm also 6'8", so it tends to work out. Ladies love them.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

What a shitty MBC deck that he can't get around hexproof.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

new thread

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit