Game Finder Thread

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Voice/Text
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Attached: 1519595296596.jpg (500x434, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/users/721612/dusty-thoreau
discord.gg/7caJKyc
discord.gg/XHgMe6J
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone play Canadian Highlander in the Oklahoma City area?

>System Preferred
Simple 2d6 homebrew. Resource management and degrees of success resolution or contests.
>Times Set (with timezone!)
1pm PST on Sundays
Discord
>Voice or text
Text
>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
STR#6958 DM me your concept for the midieval noble House you would like to play. General information/theme. Don't overthink it.
>Additional Notes
This game is one year/session in thus far, seeking a couple more players after pre-game attrition.

The king is dead after being maimed in battle and succumbing to his wounds. His heir, now newly bethrothed to secure the peace, is too young to sieze power. Time for a civil war. The queen, the king's brother, and the first princess are all fighting over the regency(obstensibly). Meanwhile, the islands to the northeast have siezed on the opportunity to declare themselves independent. Set your own goals, align with factions, conquer them, try not to get killed by your peasants, and rise or fall. Up to you.

PVP and coorperation are both optional.
While there are multiple players in this game, it will be a limited-information game based on your actions, faction alignment, and region. Any information you choose to share OOC is entirely up to you. Otherwise, you won't know a player holds a certain House until you're facing them in battle or holding court with them. If your House is eliminated you will reroll a House subservient to the House that defeated you(either PC or NPC), at least temporarily until you presumably get uppidty and depose them of their authority.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2485x1387, 1.58M)

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
5E
UTC, Central Time, Saturdays and maybe Sundays
>Voice/Text
Both, either or
Skype, Discord, or Roll20
>Contact Info
DinkleDuncleCruncher#5706 (Discord)
>Additional Notes

Why the fuck is it so hard to find a game in general, tried enrolling on Roll20 to find a game, fucking 2 weeks go by, and player applications are spammed in the triple digits n every application forum, holy fuck I just want to learn to play and get into DnD.

Attached: 1518941205210.gif (350x236, 3.84M)

I was with you until the party wasn't playing together and PVP was expected. At this point, why not just make it play-by-post style?

Same thing here

People whine about nobody playing and then they shun anybody that's not an expert

play something other than D&D. D&D obsessed fags are really fucking annoying, they expect everyone to have system mastery, and don't want to play with first timers. No matter how cancer a non-D&D game is, most groups are happy to invite new players because inviting a new player means potentially increasing the player base for a game they want to keep receiving updates.

Please note- D&D is also the only system that regularly bitches about normies on this board.

I've always wanted to play it though or pathfinder, these people are just so far up their own asses that it'll need ever happen

I can't play without knowing how and its so much shit to go through that ill never know how to play without doing it.

Attached: 1508295114063.jpg (302x225, 9K)

Because I don't like the play by post format. I like sitting down to play rather than checking in throughout the week. In addition, players have to wait longer for others to catch up once they've finished out their year before they can proceed, so it creates a dynamic where the good players who dedicate more of their time and respond quickly are punished for finishing early with boredom. Due to the separation of players, the game also speeds along more nicely than normal text sessions, because nobody is waiting for others to finish typing/doing what they're doing before they act, so we can get more done. At that point the only bottleneck is me, the GM, but that's true of any game. I'd just really rather not.

IGNORE PODCASTS.

Most players want to focus on their game, podcasters want to get The Joke(tm) that'll get parroted and posted on twitter for the next week to bring more clicks.

3.5/PF? I could set up a tutorial thing for you if you'd like, help you get a feel for mechanics. I recommend avoiding those systems though, elitism is rampant there, and they're usually looking for more of a "knows how to powerbuild and does so constantly" build rather than a "knows how to build a character and play" skill level.

holy shit what did that post get deleted for? What are the janitors doing?

I thought it sounded kinda dumb, so I deleted my post, partly too because I am just so fucking done with trying to find these bullshit games, I'm on the verge of just dumping my books and dice that I have in the trash and just reinvesting my efforts on Steam game bullshit.

Don't do that!

Look, it can be hard to get started, but the main thing you need is to get a single group. Try an OSR game, honestly. Those guys are always super excited to share their ideas and help new players get started- it's a pretty good community.

Idk, I always kinda liked how light hearted some of them sounded and how laid back they seemed. I was listening to Drunks and Dragons and that sounded really fun, a new DM trying to teach and play DnD with new players. Not like the majority of irl games I've found myself in, with some hardcore meta-gamey authentic RPG feel experience bullshit players. Or being the only younger guy in a group of guys hitting 40 to 50 that have known each other since birth, and you feel really out of the loop, or having to ask people their ages before meeting irl because I really don't want to play with some highschoolers in their early to mid-teens. But I've had some REALLY bad experiences and it just makes the whole ordeal bitter, and trying to find a game daily for an hour or two on Roll20 daily just to spam out my application in hopes a DM will reply only to get a PM telling me they want me on board, though they want to know more about me, give them information about my experience, then axe me off for a better candidate.

I'm just about done, I've been looking for a game to play for a few months (technically years) and it seems impossible and ridiculous, and I refuse to go back to an irl game after the terrible experiences I've had. Never played more than one game at someones irl group or house, they're usually just really hostile and/or really hardcore gamers. I looked up the link, but I assume it's forum text gaming?

Attached: 1514194307793.png (288x330, 71K)

>I looked up the link, but I assume it's forum text gaming?
OSR? No, it's TSR-era (pre-2000) D&D and knockoffs of same.

Witnessed. And I am not sure what TSR is? So I assume they just play older versions of DnD mainly, and in what format?

TSR is the original publisher. Older versions and modified versions of them, played in any format you normally play an RPG in.

Are the games usually voice or text or both or are they sub-played on D20?
Also, pic related literally today on Roll20.

Attached: Roll20_SC_3-15-18.png (1067x1800, 95K)

>Are the games usually voice or text or both or are they sub-played on D20?
Like every RPG community, it varies.

I can run some 5e for y'all if you like. I run lots of AL games at my local shop and teach noobs all the time.

Roll20 ok? Maybe on discord?

Attached: Screenshot_20180110-173946.jpg (1280x720, 425K)

If it's text, I'm in. I've read the PHB, I have a solid character idea that I would probably like to do some homebrewing with (just minor things, for fluff mostly).

Text? What's that? Like play by chat?

Essentially, yes. You just type what you want to say. Moves along at a steady pace, so long as you can type quickly. I like it better than bad quality audio.

Roll20 or discord would be fine with me.

Is this the same user who wants to learn 5e?

No, I'm a different guy. But I definitely want in. I've been wanting to try 5e. I've never played DnD before. I'm already familiar with playing on Discord, dicebots and musicbots and all that.

Ok. I was just going to say that 1 it's 2 am where I am right now and will have to plan this based on a good time for you but we can talk about that in PM. As for the text thing I can't do that because it's super hard to do, and practically impossible to teach with, because me teaching via text would be me practically rewriting the PHB.

I'm relatively new as well. I'm not any of the anons you were talking to, but I'm interested if you'll have me.

oh just saw that you weren't doing text. Sorry about that.

So all anons interested to learn 5e who have a mic bug me on Roll20 and send me a message: app.roll20.net/users/721612/dusty-thoreau

And we'll try to work something out

An alternative would be to have voice for OOC and text for IC.

Can I join if I'm interested in leaving my nogame status behind.

Yeah, it sucks. Oh well, guess it's back to waiting.

*shrug* up to you. It's up to all who want to learn and just play a 5e game.

Why so bent on text only?

It's just a preference of mine, for online games.

I am the 5E guy, I would be very much down to learn and play.

Send me a hello in roll20 ;^)

Mavith#2306 on discord, totally new.
Want to learn

Just sent one, thanks. Name is Drunkle.

There are a couple of us, I am one of them, specifically

I'd join but timezones would likely be a problem

Send message to my roll20 profile link

Have you ever considered DMing? It's a pretty good way to eliminate most common D&D problems as you put yourself in control. You do run the risk of becoming a forever DM, though.

I have DM'ed only for my cousins a long time ago, they liked it, but I wanted to play, I barely know how to play the game as is, and would probably just piss off a lot of ppl if I just started from scratch, though it might be fun, a lot of new players with a new DM learning 5E.

On it, pm the discord while I do this though like what I'm signing up for time wise and such

Original user asking about 5E, do you respond or just keep our contact info and user #?

It has been done

Is there an app for it I can download? Mobile browser is ass in two cans

I'll respond just not right now. Currently falling asleep. Will bother you tomorrow.

Attached: Screenshot_20180120-230135.jpg (1280x720, 435K)

Okay, thanks.

Not trying to crush your dreams of playing or anything, but there's literally nothing wrong with being a newbie DM. The only way people get good at DMing is by giving it a shot. Sure, you might be terrible when you start, but your friends won't know better and will probably think you're amazing.
t. Guy who won a bag of dice in a carnival and then started a game a month later

Sounds reasonable, it's late across the board

Attached: 1498107440419.png (500x500, 309K)

Do you have a Discord? I'm not looking to DM yet, but I want to do text as well. Maybe we can slowly cobble together enough people to play. Drop your Discord and I'll add you.

I might as well, seeing as the player to DM ratio is somewhere in the 1000 to 1 range.

(OP)
>GM/Player
Player at the moment
>Systems Preferred
D&D 4e, Any Savage Worlds setting (the system itself looks neat) Deathwatch/Rouge Trader Vampire:The Masquerade, Mutants and Masterminds, somewhat in that order of preference
I've read the core book of most of these or made characters, but would probably be up for anything I haven't already played.
Pretty much all Sat/Sunday, anywhere between 12:00-11:30 Pacific, Unavailable Monday, probably Wednesday as well. Prefer between 12:00-6:30 Pacific if on any other weekdays, but can possibly adjust.
>Voice/Text
Both/Either.
Discord/Roll20
>Contact Info
Giggles#2057
>Additional Notes
Looking to learn new systems in general. Want to pick up anything simple or with a cult following so I can maybe eventually teach and possibly GM more systems.

Attached: Me after my players start talking.png (386x262, 97K)

>GM/Player
player
>System Preferred
willing to learn any (pathfinder proficient)
any
>Voice/Text
either
any
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
GM'd a bit IRL and would be willing to do it in the future, but would like to learn more systems and become for "fluid". On that note, I'm willing to GM pathfinder for noobs.

>GM/Player
GM
>System
5e
>Times Available
GMT, anywhere from 10am to 7pm as starting, Monday - Thursday
>Voice/Text
Text
>Method of Play
Discord Peter#9567
>Additional Notes
Want to run an official module, but not very experienced that way, only ran homebrew. Most likely Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

You lads and anyone else that isn't very experienced, and hasn't run this campaign yet, post disc if interested.

TrafficHazard#6214

>IGNORE PODCASTS.
Podcasts, video or not, are also editted so they give you an idealized impression of a completely homogenous game, or just make people shut up and not try something less railroady or speak up about something that bothers them because the show must go on, there's only so much time, they need to wrap an episode, it would derail the smooth operation of their show, etcetc.

Overall, it is a compromised environment.

streams however, especially of casual games (not critical gay) are sometimes great ways to introduce new players to what the scopes of dnd actually is

>Want to pick up anything simple
what counts as simple?

Mostly not the things he listed.

He should be looking at Paranoia or something.

>GM/Player
Player, have one more player and dm, looking for max 3 more
>System Preferred
Eastern
>Voice/Text
Eh
Have roll20 open to other platforms
>Contact Info
Grim#6425
>Additional Notes
27 male, looking for semi serious, dungoen centric, slightly power play

Attached: IMG_20170520_212334.jpg (2592x1944, 1.74M)

found this in my roll20

I kind of want to relearn this system with all the tokens I've thrown in here

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (1647x889, 242K)

Mavith#2306

This game is full atm, sorry.

Ok maybe not simple.
I mean like... easy to explain to people?
Like, 4E, for example:
>"D&D fantasy with a focus on grid combat"
Deathwatch
>"The Emperor has been killed by the xenos"
>"Are you a bad enough space dude to rescue the Emperor"

Shit like that.

>GM or Player
GM

>System
Hombrew/PBTA: Basic mechanic is roll 3d6+Modifier, 9 or less = fail, 10-13 = partial success, 14+ = full success. More details in channel

>Times
Weekend ideally but current plan is Mondays 12 PM PST

>Voice/Text
Either, probably text

>Method of Play
Discord/Roll20

>Contact Info
discord.gg/7caJKyc

>Additional Notes
You are wizards, you go on adventures and work to defend your villages from HOSTILE FORCES. UFO crashed into Tower of Babel and spilled out its cargo which turned into edible jungle of alien creatures; those who eat of the jungle begin turning into aliens, it is gradually terraforming the planet. Invaders return to recover ship; mysterious builders of tower return to recapture it; you are caught in the middle! What will you do?!

Attached: ss (2018-03-12 at 09.02.13).png (289x354, 59K)

Bump

All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Yes or no?

Player, I'd like to play some Rogue Trader most of all, but Deathwatch or maybe Only War would be good also. I have a lot of experience building RT ships, so I can help expedite that process for the GM if needed.

Times available: Basically any time after 5 or 6 PM EST, except for weekends when I'm available all day after 10AM EST.

I prefer to play with text, but I can voice if needed.

I've played over Roll20 mostly, so I'd prefer to use that if possible.

Contact info: email me at [email protected]

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
Weekday afternoons and evenings, West Coast U.S. The best time will be Thursdays after 5pm but I can usually be somewhat flexible.
>Voice/Text
Text
Discord with the possibility of roll20
>Contact Info
discord.gg/XHgMe6J
>Additional Notes
The game will be very anime-inspired. Cute girls are acceptable but it will involve ERP.

Attached: 1505916379247.jpg (1765x1214, 1.58M)

I'm the GM of this game.
Need more players! I'm open to suggestions as to how exactly the game is going to run, and we'll have a session 0/talk about it, so if you might be interested check it out please.

>The game will be very anime-inspired. Cute girls are acceptable but it will involve ERP.

That was actually a typo I'm a fucking idiot.

Anyway the game's full so it doesn't matter.

Attached: 1511004472726.gif (500x281, 487K)

if you like whats it about sure?

Sent a invite if you wish to talk about joining something new.

please join our game!

Attached: 147562.jpg (600x448, 145K)

What kind of game is it?

Attached: 1515882928987.gif (320x198, 1.49M)

see

In terms of what the game itself will be like (rather than just system), that's TBD. Dungeon centric for sure, but there will be a conversation about what else people want in terms of setting, plot, power levels, and anything else of importance.