Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Undead vs Skaven vs Bretonnians Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread:

Attached: 1471499788182.jpg (646x898, 148K)

Here's how: let them know how fucking funny yet cool Necoho is. There's a reason a lot of dubyaeffgees consider him canon, despite having only appeared on one page of Enemy Within and getting namedropped in 2e.

I have seen the autism and horror of AoS
ET were a blessing, I have seen what happens if you don't die gloriously

I never want to leave you whfb, I just can't go into that hornets nest

Attached: 1436409852804.jpg (660x692, 99K)

Attached: 1520606487304.png (511x764, 1.05M)

Really? I've tried looking at the AoS general before, but it's confusing. They just make lahmia jokes and talk about things that I don't understand.

And it's not as if WFB is dead - people are playing games, there's the videogames keeping the setting alive. GW made a big mistake - we rage against the dying of the light.

Attached: 1467866969814.jpg (747x1077, 168K)

Right, while they axed the setting, at least they won't touch it anymore, and we god rid of the GW shills,
Pretty much like 30k after all

They don't make lahmia jokes, they make lamia jokes. Because sneks.
And then they shitpost about squid kids.

>Bretonnians Edition
'...When the clarion call is sounded,
I will ride out and fight in the name of liege and Lady,
Whilst I draw breath the lands bequethed unto me will remain untainted by evil.
Honour is all. Chivalry is all...'

>saved the planet
>got to not only plow Morthai but had her LOYAL to him
>when the brothers cuck tried to ask him to come from the dead told them to fuck off

Do you think if I get enough gains and dress as swag I could be as chad as him?

Attached: 1454216858359.jpg (474x836, 110K)

Hates going to hate but I loved the french catholics got me into this wonderful game

Well for that you'd have to slay 4 avatars of the chaos gods so good luck with that
just get us rid off carnac and we'll call you chad all you want

the fuck is carnac? I have seen in spamed in 40k threads years ago and that was maybe to a refferance to a battle the necrons had won over eldar. I think people just spam the word autisticly not knowing what it means.

Attached: 2fd015a91d8f6879b138f81132f13376--high-fantasy-fantasy-art.jpg (624x876, 142K)

AoSg isn't always that bad. Just filled with unrelenting shitposting most of the time.

I drop in every now and then to see/discuss the new model releases. even drawfagged one lewd for them

Attached: 1491048565535.jpg (493x373, 31K)

So whats your favorite faction?

Attached: waifu values not by faction.jpg (2144x2104, 780K)

Carnac is one/several anons who have taken a liking to trolling wfb/40k with his "chaos win, everyone else suck" rethorics, he will be as obnoxious as possible, liken himself to a son of Belakor and use ET and 8th editions to make points here

It's like someone forgot to tell Aenarion that he wasn't in an early age tolkien setting

doesn't sound as bad as Nice Daemonette

And a price ham to anyone who remembers that shitposter

Dwarfs, followed closely by lizardmens
>inb4 i like the two most autistic factions of the setting

well to be fair you like the least autistic of the two more

I like all the elves as armies but their lore is pretty meh "we are all complete assholes because fuck you".
Guess the empire, love their gunpowder fixation.

He's been around for longer than them, actually. If you remember TIDF, "carnac" is just the same guy shitposting anonymously for (you)s

As long as one knight draws breath, Bretonnia lives on.

Attached: 1474210674322.jpg (685x1000, 221K)

There are no rulers called Satraps in warhammer right?

Thought there could be a kind of neat in-universe etymological explanation for Satrap in Settras name.
Sorta lika Caesar-Kaiser-Tzar

I want to bury my face in the Brett girls chest

reminds me of the line from the Once and Future King
"A mans life may be a drop in a vast ocean, but some of them do sparkle"

Would hanging out with Malekith be fun?

Attached: 1406382885269.jpg (774x1032, 151K)

>keep grudges against mountains
>deliberately let their race die out of tradition
>decide to go naked berserk hoping to die for having failed something you liked
I'm not quite sure
Then again the autism of the lizardmen stems from the slaans, kroq-gar would't mind equipping his saurus with heavy armor and gunpowder

>this is what Tyrion could become but nah the Khaine drug is too hard for the boy

Well i'm sure he would be at the very least entertaining.
>"hey that reminds me, do you know how i started the biggest war in the old world using a bunch of crossdressers ?"

Saurus and kroxigor are pretty autistic as well. Their society only functions because the skinks do most of the brain work.

High Elves because they are everything I wish I could be

Ogres because they reflect almost everything I am

do you mean the war of the beard?
I don't think those were druchi qts in high elf gear

At least I don't know of any lore saying so

Attached: how end times SHOULD have ended.png (550x952, 183K)

Only one of those things didn't happen.

carnac's the daemon of some petty troll god, basically necoho but not fun

I think it's a tie.

Attached: pmZlHgN.jpg (1206x836, 1.34M)

Nah, the joke was that druchii are pure chads and asur are effeminate virgins, ergo the need to crossdress

Well, saurus's buisness is war, and they do their buisness
And kroxigors are just plain retarded

>those froglike skinks
>them bretts
DOPE. AS. FUCK.

ok I'll bite which one didn't happen

Cucklord 1 and Cucklord 2 never summoned any of the phoenix kings. That shit's from ET.

>got to have preg sex with morathi
Not even mommy's boy can say that

history lesson time
you're on the right track. back during the carnac campaign there was a namefag who called themselves Tau Internet Defense Force who shat up the thread with obscene levels of shitposting. not long after when end times and age of sigmar started happening the same namefag began to shitpost there too and reap numerous yous. he mainly became known for his chaos-related shitposting in which he posts from the viewpoint of a hyper-exaggerated chaosfag, while also shitposting against other chaosfags. as his posting style was the same and he made no effort to hide it, everyone knew he was TIDF, but now went under the alias 'carnac' both in reference to the original campaign and to an obscure chaos lore mentioned i think in an old WD book. for a while he was mainly known as the belakor guy as his posts usually were related to him praising, again in an exaggerated way, belakor. now he's more generalized. as End Times had a fairly big bias in favor of chaos, writers going so far as to retcon large parts of the history and cosmology of the setting to their benefit, a lot of anons including chaosfags didn't like this and were unhappy about it, and carnac to this day harvests yous with his own chaos-fap posts that exceed even some of the worst material GW's own writers put out. while a lot of /wfg/ considers him an aos fag, he also shits up aos from time to time. here he usually makes outlandish statements then backs them up with skewed and/or misinterpreted old fluff and end times/age of sigmar content (noncanon here), and over there he makes the same statements backed up with wh40k or whfb sources (noncanon there), all while claiming he is "the loremaster" and anyone who disagrees with him is a "lorelet poser fag bitch" and he always claims everyone in the threads agrees with him, even when no one does (aside from when he blatantly samefags). everyone knows he's a troll but he still gets replies to this day.

Attached: of the elves and the coming of carnac.png (602x471, 372K)

>The Bretonnian tournament of Guyenne takes place in which King Jules jousts with one of the fey folk of Athel Loren and is victorious
cool

Attached: WoodElves6theditionp17.png (863x1232, 886K)

Considering there's lore on how his board of advisors includes dead people he's tied to their chairs...I'd probably skip on that.

>Be'lakor
Can't he turn into a woman and has in fact gotten pregnant in the past?

lore is supposed to be lord there, though come to think of it i don't remember if the character was a lord or a daemon, or if it was even specified, but still.

>these fey aren't naked idiots, they must be evil!
Never change Bretonnia.

>At the close of the year the High Elf emissaries finally emerge from Athel Loren near Quenelles, but are immediately assumed to be evil spirits by the Bretonnian peasantry. Heavily outnumbered, they are slain and their bodies burnt.

I try and be supportive about the peasants, I really do. But they make it hard.

Attached: 1360200371924.jpg (583x581, 191K)

Man half the time they look like decent peoples and the other half they're just screaming autists

Blame the wood nutters for raiding quenelles every year for no reason

and an addendum to ""the lore"", i believe carnac has also shitposted in the 40k general as well, usually in the same manner with the same beats. whether or not he's still a raging taufag is unclear. it's also unclear that it's even the same guy as it would mean it's the same poster going at this for nearly four and a half years. it's possible, and all his posts share the same general style with variations here and there. but because of those variations it's more likely a bunch of anons who copypaste the carnac formula (post crazy statement claiming it as fact, call anyone who disagrees a bitch, rinse and repeat), which surprisingly works, and is the whole point of this dumb analysis: it continues to work. it's almost like "carnac" is an idea, like the shitty evil twin of chad wardenn, who even years later people still got mad over. he makes outlandish statements that are obviously false, or uses sources ranging from highly debatable to total nonsense or irrelevancy, all while claiming he's doing nothing wrong/is being neutral/is speaking the truth. while anyone can see it's all a gag, some take him seriously enough to turn entire warhammer threads of all three games into shitpost graveyards. unlike chad wardenn though, the intent isn't to get a laugh, but to just kill threads, and is associated with skub and bitterness over lost or dying franchises rather than memes and mid 2000s internet culture.

Attached: carn wardenn.png (550x367, 184K)

>no reason
but it's spring

That's actually a really good point. I thought it was taking revenge when they rampaged only through Quenelles the year after, but it seems like they really fucking hate Quenelles for some reason. Shouldn't the Wild Hunt sometimes try to cross over the mountains to fight the Dwarves or the Empire, or at least go through Carcassone or Parravon? How can the Bretonnians claim any sort of alliance with the Wood Elves if they're being attacked by them every year? My head hurts...

Attached: 1481951106663.jpg (946x914, 527K)

Wood Elves are that school bully that says he's your friend and won't mess with you but punches you in the arm and "borrows" your lunch money on occasion.

>How can the Bretonnians claim any sort of alliance with the Wood Elves if they're being attacked by them every year? My head hurts...
Nobles in other provinces probably don't care too much about some peasants dying in Quenelles every year.
That one noble family of Quenelles dying probably upset even nobles for half a century unless they were a cunty family.

H-how does Quenelles survive as a province if their farmers and smiths and stuff are dying yearly? And that's not even taking into account if the nobles try to defend their serfs.

Attached: 1485049423666.jpg (1087x1463, 522K)

Middenhelm is still top 3 provinces even though Boris throw half his army at Khazrak every year for decades

Probably doesn't kill off that many of them.
Not worse than any yearly orc raids from the massif orcal I imagine.

Attached: Bretonnia5theditionP97.png (754x1065, 1.78M)

>How can the Bretonnians claim any sort of alliance with the Wood Elves if they're being attacked by them every year?
They don't. A best you could say the nobility recognizes that an elven nation is present in athel loren.

The peasants certainly don't view them as allies, seeing as they killed and burnt the high elves as soon as they were found.

my guess would be the people of quenelles fuck like rabbits

Khazrak isn't killing thousands of Emps every day or something. Mainly Boris occasionally hunts him and Khazrak runs away, then Khazrak raids Middenland when their backs are turned, then Boris hunts him, rise and repeat.

Knights drown in Asari pussy

Didn't Louis the Rash go into Athel Loren and make some alliance with the Wood Elves? I guess I don't know if that's held through the centuries.

Attached: 1502942495412.jpg (1693x1961, 681K)

Yeah but orion is nuttier than squirrel poo, and his wife can't keep him in check, bet she no longer even try

>Be a member of Finbars expedition to the human lands
>Don't know whats worse:
>The humans of Bretonnia trying to imitate us
>the fact our own brothers have gone full retard and don't even try anymore

I mean, you can read it up here >Louis the Rash, Gilles son, sends an envoy to the King and Queen in the woods and recognises Athel Loren as an independent realm. In return, Ariel and Orion offer friendship with Bretonnia

but then
>*raids your lands*
>*kidnaps your nobility*
>*slaughters your peasants for literally no reason*
As far as friendly relations go, the Dwarves are better friends to the Bretonnians than the wood elves.

Honestly i would go with the second option, if humans tries to imitate asur they can only improve

Yeah.

>1005
>Louis the Rash, Gilles son, sends an envoy to the King and Queen in the woods and recognises Athel Loren as an independendent realm. In return, Ariel and Orion offer friendship with Bretonnia.
>Wood Elves 6th Edition page 17

didnt expect anyone to post my model here. You can see an updated version of him in the back row of my armies on parade entry last year

Attached: armies on parade1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

Tried skimming through the pdfs, but couldn't find it, but went back a few threads because I did comment on it.

>Thus an uneasy alliance was formed with the Bretonnians, though the Wood Elves are an unpredictable and mistrustful ally at best. King Louis the Rash, Gilles' son, formalised the alliance between the two people in a grand banquet ceremony that several Wood Elf emissaries endured.

Attached: WoodElves6theditionp13.png (867x1232, 1.03M)

It's a good solid paintjob and I liked his colors.

Attached: 1494536528987.jpg (497x298, 78K)

more of map

Attached: Bretonnia5theditionP6.png (1147x1604, 1.16M)

Nice orc
Is it getting ready for a kill or being crushed by the bridge

thanks
fun fact it was the very first knight I painted. I went through about 112 peasants before I got to any knights. Now I have no motivation to paint them...

Attached: armies on parade2.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

Knigga please.

>In honour of the victory, Lord Arda, Warden of Ygrysyll and commander of the Wood E lf host, was accorded an honorary Knight of the Realm by Duke Merovech of Mousillon. Arda remained carefully polite whilst in the company of the humans, but removed the gaudy decoration Merovech had pinned upon him as soon as he was out of sight.

While we're talking about Bretonnians so much, do all Knights of the Realm hold land? If they're all independent nobles, how could you gather a bunch together for war if you weren't as high up as a Duke?

It's kind of nice to see a map that so clearly defines the borders of dukedoms. It can get pretty confusing where Gisoreux ends and Couronne and Artois begin, for instance.

Kind of sad to hear that, but it looks like you did a great job painting them - I like how you mixed up the peasant colors with plenty of brows and greys, and the cauldrons and catapults are a nice touch for that castle defense. I'd be happy to see those Ogres too if you wanted to share.

idk hes got a spear stuck in him so he could just be hiding
me and the ogre guy were two of the three people to enter the "age of sigmar" armies on parade. I guess AoS players cant be bothered to present their armies at their own contest

Attached: ogres on parade.jpg (1266x633, 130K)

>Vanquished an Elf Noble

Attached: Bretonnia5theditionp18p19p96.png (2680x1596, 2.19M)

>Thrice favored by the Grail Damsels

Attached: if you know what i'm saying.gif (307x281, 302K)

Attached: Bretonnia6theditionp12top15.png (2844x956, 5.97M)

>do all Knights of the Realm hold land?
I'd assume so. Even if just a simple township or village.

>If they're all independent nobles, how could you gather a bunch together for war if you weren't as high up as a Duke?
I mean, a basic knight is not raising an army on his own. He'll have trained and armed a retinue of men at arms or yeomen to help defend his territory, or to accompany him on his hunts/patrols.

And if the king, a duke, or a baron sends out the call to arms he'll bring however many he's able to. The peasant regiments of an army are likely drawn from the territories of several different knights.

Going to be buying a high elf army pretty soon. The only thing I know is that I want the centerpiece of the army to be the Sisters of Avelorn.

What kind of units/characters should I get to go with a horde of them?

He posts all the fucking time on /40kg/. Still a massive Taufag, hates Tyranids and Imperium. Frantically sucks Be'lacuck and Abaddon off.

>liken himself to a son of Belakor

ESL please

Those are saurus.

I assume you'd want the army to be somehow related to the Everqueen, even if she's not literally there to lead them? I suppose having the White Lions could be fitting, since they're the bodyguard of the Pheonix King and all. Maybe some Shadow Warriors if you don't mind other kinds of archers, or are going for an overall shooty army. An Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower might also be useful for that sort of shootiness, if you can find one. My Bretonnian senses tell me you should have some Silver Helms to take advantage of that ranged whittling down of your foes, and a sold group of infantry to protect those archers - you could make do with lots of Spearmen, though some Lothern Sea Guard might be handy.

Attached: 1502743280973.jpg (2109x2371, 3.08M)

I mean, I've heard they theory he's been around since 2010, being the user who was trying to force The Blood Feud as the defining aspect of the relationship between Craftworld Eldar and Dark Eldar. But nothing to confirm that since that's positively ancient as far as Veeky Forums history goes. But yeah so far, the confirmed evolution has been TIDF > Carnac > Belacuck

>theory
He was definitely the same guy. That kind of autism is too distinct.

It was still a defining aspect in 2010 though.

I thought 40k Belakor is an even worse jobber than fantasy?

ET had a bad habit of jerking him off, and Carnac liked that and is probably the only one who did. Aside from him I've literally never heard anyone, even Chaosfags, say they like Be'lakor. His original purpose was meant to be one of a failure who got way too big for his ego when he really wasn't hot shit and he was put in his place by rocks, then later the Chaos Gods themselves. Yet ET acted like none of that happened and paraded him as the coolest daemon lord ever and a total badass, which again, not even Chaosfags seemed to like since it had no precedence whatsoever.

I doubt he's been around THAT long. And again, it really is probably different anons taking up notorious shitposting styles.
TIDF > Belacuck > Carnac though. Even though he is starting to bring up Be'lakor more recently.

Justice for Imrik!

Attached: 531B73EB-3FC9-4320-9539-20C18AF0CF63.png (347x650, 365K)

>do all knights of the realm hold land?
Most but not all. Many knights of lesser houses end up as household knights in service of a duke or another landed lord

Thanks for the advice.

>he was put in his place by rocks

It's embarrassing when people try to use this as some kinda argument against Be'lakor, when that battle report happened during the time when Be'lakor had neither current rules nor presence in fluff and his model was only used to represent a generic daemon prince in the battle report.

>his exact model and exact likeness that no other figure has ever been associated with
>his role as a daemon prince tasked with invading lustria in a scenario about a daemon prince invading lustria
>it wasn't belakor because they don't mention his name

Come on man.

Attached: 1438592266272.png (1472x1716, 5.37M)

To be fair lorewise bel'akor when not crowning everchosens is a formless and mindless mass of chaos energy trapped in the realm of chaos. That is the model of the demon prince, who later was transported into the model of bel'akor specifically.
It keeps being funny tho, imagining bel'akor btfo by tiq'tak'to

Skinks are based as fuck

>To be fair lorewise bel'akor when not crowning everchosens is a formless and mindless mass of chaos energy trapped in the realm of chaos

Remember that that was much later. Early on he was a Daemon Prince who was around early on in the world who had a legion he went around with. Won some victories but was on the poor side of Daemon Princes, though he thought himself to be invincible and as powerful as the Chaos gods themselves. His Lustrian invasion failed horribly (screaming rocks being the highlight) and when the Chaos gods caught wind that he was plotting to overthrow them they turned him into that formless, mindless mass, and even when crowning Everchosens afterward he was half-crazy, half-sychophantic, with a small bit of his former "I wanna conquer reality" ambition still there.

But muh he wasn’t scared to fight Gotrek