How would a Sopranos role playing game work?

How would a Sopranos role playing game work?

Attached: don't stop.jpg (1272x718, 122K)

Stats would be Respect, Gabagool, and Canoli. Goal would be to get as many of all three as possible

Just use Hillfolk, it's practically what it was designed for.

Fiasco?

You finish it early

Why would you want to play a bunch of garbagemen

>AYY CARMELLA, DA GABBAGOOL
>A Role Playing Game about life in the Italian mafia in America.

>enjoy show
>they have to end it on an artsy what if

>Hillfolk
>Fiasco

Nah, I think Primetime Adventures would be a better fit.

because tony dies at the end.
it's a pattern you see
>Tony looks up
>POV shot, someone enters
>Repeat until man in members only jacket enters
>Tony looks up
>Pov shot is black.

Gabagool? Ova heeeere...

Attached: ova heeere.jpg (550x659, 80K)

>nat 1 on the watch it roll

Attached: chrissy.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

You'd probably need an all female party

What was he thinking at this moment?

This guy...

Are you leaving out gagootz, you fenook?

Can I play a tenor?

Everyone is Tony

The entire show was like that, though. Almost every season would have entire episodes that were fever dreams, imaginary symbolism, and near death hallucinations. It was laced through with suburban psychobabble and egocentric depression from the very start. I mean, I would agree with you if you said those were the weakest elements of the show, but I don't know why you would be surprised they would end on that note.

Attached: shrug.jpg (589x310, 24K)

I actually was going to do this at one point.

I set up a family in a fictional city with several captains and was going to put them into one of those crews, then let them work their way up. Once they got to the point where one of them was the captain of a crew, I was going to have a war and take out the boss, then let them either fight their way to the top and install one of them as the new boss, or support an NPC boss.

I had written up a couple mechanics where the main things they were judged by, which kind of worked as their experience levels, were respect, rackets, and favors. Respect was how many people knew you, and how honorable and/or feared you were, and was a way to influence social conflicts. Rackets were like possessions, each one representing a source of income. You'd be given one at the start and could either create new ones by investing time and money, or by stealing them or inheriting them from other gangsters. Favors would be like a meta currency, sort of like FATE points, which could be earned by doing favors for other gangsters, or by bribing, helping, or extorting people so they owed you, and then you could cash those in. You could create looping favors, as well, like with a guy who owes tons of money, or if you had an ongoing bribe. So a big part of the game would be calculating how much money all your rackets brought in each month, then handing out money as bribes to important people and kicking up to superiors to earn respect and promotion.

I really wanted to run the game because I love mafia stories, but I backed out of it eventually and did something else because I didn't think my players could handle it. They are astoundingly bad at any kind of sandbox type game, and generally if you don't give them very specific directions of "go exactly here and do exactly this" they will literally do nothing. After trying to run a pirate campaign and having that descend into passive silence and inaction, I dropped the idea.

Attached: Sadness.jpg (700x500, 105K)

I don't think they planned to end it where they did user.

Every season ends without much of a bang, last season was no different.