Connected to CCCNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Brainhacking__Is_it_real?.trid
>Sprite_Compilation_Guide.=&(§$ [FILE CORRUPTED]
>Best_Persona_Designs.link
>TMs__Are_They_Even_Dangerous?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 300 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo, chummer. Got some programs for me?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Sunglasses_At_Night.BTL...

>Code straight
>Conserve memory
>Do not buy CGL programs
>And never, ever hack a dragon

Matrix Edition
How do you run it?

Attached: Tensor of order 2.jpg (992x560, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gtieNVb2
jankruener.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it wiz to post character builds here for critique?

sure thing

No pizzatime.
Opposed roll if i'm not feeling like doing the whole song and dance. Each 2 hits generate mark on a target.

How difficult should I make it to capture toxic mage alive?

(He’s wanted dead or alive, but the party that will shell million for a live one won’t pay a penny for a corpse which is worth merely 200K to different, completely unrelated people)

>Million
He better be behind 7000 toxic spirits.

>Matrix Edition
>How do you run it?
Quick-Matrix rules. Decker wants to do something? Simple skill+attribute[deck attribute].
90% of Matrix rules are cut out, and everyone is happier for it.

Attached: mage-trix.jpg (300x278, 22K)

How powerful are they?
Because remember: Being old in a profession that has a high mortality rate means that person is dangerous.
And being a Toxic mage who managed to survive to rise to power means they knows how to
>evade attention
>plan ahead
>have safeguards

The more powerful it is, the harder it will be to find them, harder to come ahead of them and harder to actually disable them

Honestly I am thinking about multiple high force great form toxic guardian spirits possesing troll sized wicker men and wielding machineguns.

Nothing they can’t nuke with explosives and I think the wicker men should be "alergic" to fire, but if they go that way, thay can’t expect the mage to live.

Dude, a million is a retirement fund. Even divided by 4 it's obscene.

He better be endgame-tier.

500k is a retirement fund.

I mean, lead was used as a sweetener historically.
I think I'll actually have him go by Captain Panzer desu. It fits him.
Very difficult. One million is enough money that your players will probably retire on it.

You want decent Reaction (for Piloting) and Intuition (for jumped-in Sneaking) as a Rigger anyway.

Can you get extended magazine for weapons that don't require magazines? Like, fluffing it as having a 200 round belt of ammo instead of a 100 round belt for your machine gun or something?

Glad I play proper Shadowrun instead of this Plebrun that seems popular now.

Can you get skimmers on a liminal body? I can't think of any reason why you can't, but Chummer doesn't let you for some reason.
>Matrix Edition
>How do you run it?
I don't know the matrix rules, but neither does the party decker. I just have everything be opposed tests because that seems to work well enough.

Plain old killing them would be a bitch and a half so imagine how difficult it'll be to both subdue and keep them alive. You'll also obviously need a way to *keep* them knocked out cause we are talking about someone that can kill you(or much, much worse) with just their thoughts.

I'd sooner geek them and split the 200k.

RAW is ambiguous. The mod is called 'extended clip', a term mentioned in the rules too, but the rules just mention adding to the gun's capacity without specifically stating it has to be a clip. Personally I would rule that it only applies to clips and I think most GMs would do the same. That still has some high potential for machine guns and some assault rifles, like a Krime Wave with a 100 round clip.

>Can you get skimmers on a liminal body
Skimmers require feet. You should be able to skimmers on a Centaur body's four feet, but wheels or treads are out.

The liminal body section suggests GMs should come up with their new one, so see if you can blag some kind of hovercraft or vector thrust body.

Mostly I just want something to make up for my character's inability to get into cars, to be honest. Ah well.

A northrup wasp can be a stripped down personal helicopter. Get it implanted upside down. Fly all the time! Man from the waist up, helicopter from the waist down.

I would just say mod your vehicle for paraplegic access like you have to for the Paraplegic quality.

>Ooooh! Look at me! I like over-complicating mundane aspects of the game for no reason, even though it wastes precious time people don't have and there's a completely legitimate alternative that increases fun for everyone!
Good for you, user.

>Ooooh! Look at me! I'm a whiny passive-aggressive little bitch who thinks sarcasm makes for a super awesome response, and play with ADHD shitlords who can't bear even a short period of observing something! And fun is an objective quality! And my fun is the best fun! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Yeah, top notes kiddo. Stay mad.

>Does exactly the same thing he accuses the other poster of doing, but he's so much better!
Please try harder.

Anyone mind taking a look at my character for me? I built him about as well as I could build a street sam who spent almost half his essence on tank treads for no reason other than because I think it looks cool.
pastebin.com/gtieNVb2
Screw that, Captain Panzer is a tank mark 5 from the waist down. He has sponsons and everything.
Now the only issue is that I don't have enough money for a car after building a street sam.

Ok

>doesn't want to be a flying blender

Fuck. Off.

They're called MAGAZINES not CLIPS

The toxic mage knows whatever the fuck happens to them is going to be worse than death, so they would rather die than be taken in.

They're a mage.
They've had time to summon a fuckton of spirits.

You do the math.

Taking in a toxic mage alive should generally be the focus of several runs, and once its done its pretty clear you've moved on to the serious big leagues.

>Very difficult. One million is enough money that your players will probably retire on it.

Permanent medium lifestyle is half a mil IIRC, so it's not enough to retire on.

The game literally has "Expanded clips".

Suck it up dude.

Yes, I know, and I call it extended magazine in person, but that's what the rules call it, OK?
I think I'm going to have Captain Panzer get really angry about the magazine/clips thing too

>People saying they'll retrie with a quarter million nuyen.

You keep running until you can afford permanent luxury lifestyle or die. (Or get bored of the game)
That's the fucking rules.

If you don't, they airdrop Bull into your house and he rubs his fupa on you until you relent.

Delete this.

What, your tastes run more to the silver instead of the sweaty?

Attached: Pat 'Sex Offender' Goodman.jpg (250x333, 18K)

Attached: DWpZ5qeU8AMgMjH.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Oh god
That's really a thing. And it's from Bull's twitter.

And worse, so is this.

Attached: WHAT.png (583x605, 533K)

Why do you have to ruin perfectly good threads user?

Because I am a bitter, bitter man.

i'm gonna run my first shadowrun game pretty soon any tips lads?

You tell me that you are here for the Keymaker, but the Keymaker is a means to an end, not an end in and of himself, therefore you are hoping to achieve something. I know what that something is, but do you? I think not. For you see the most important thing in this world is causality.

Choice? Choice is an illusion created by those with power to manipulate those without it. When you trace every choice back far enough you find that every choice has a cause, a reason why. Why do you think that you are here, scurrying through the shadows on an errand for someone whom you do not know and who does not know you? Or perhaps they do know you after all.

As a runner you run for money that you otherwise lack. In an unequal system those with power control the money and those without it play by the rules established to get it. You think that you are outside of the system, that you have chosen a life outside of the rules, but now you sit here as errand boys for those with power, products of a system yet you grasp onto the illusion of choice and that is how those who have power control you still.

Look over there. Do you see that elvish woman? So bourgeois. So beautiful. Effecting everyone around her. I have sent her a dessert...

Attached: merovingianwut.jpg (604x417, 36K)

I mean, there are other possible game overs and ways to retire characters. Just look at Shadowrun storytime (2D gets a cushy civilian job at Ares, and Gepetto starts reeeing about getting hurt and stops running to stay in the mob full time).

Read the matrix rules carefully through, plan out any such encounter.

Have the cheat sheets ready at all times.

Don't be afraid to wing it or fudge shit. What's important is that you guys have fun.

Everybody in the FLGS has agreed to keep decking a NPC job. It's neater and quicker for everybody involved.
I haven't even bothered to learn any matrix rules since 3rd ed.

That's very fascinating Mr. Johnson. It's great that your philosophy degree helped you develop your bullshitting skills enough to get you this position.

That's honestly not that awful an idea.

At one poitn we just made it a "Computer roll" to do most shit, since most of the time its tedious as fuck.
That still left a "Computer guy", who got to be the hacker, but also got to be useful for other stuff.

I like how the best solutions to Matrix rules are "reduce it to a single roll and/or series of extended tests" or "reduce it to GM fiat via NPC decker." It really shows you how robust and well-constructed decking is.

what is shadowrun?

What are your current characters, lads?

>Albert "Big Al" Jones
>alligator shaman (me and a GM talked it over for houserules, it's a combo of a few other totems) with some boat-focused rigging on the side
>jovial psychopath from the bayou
>likes fishing, cracking open cold ones with his buddies, and butchering people with a machete to feed them to his pet gators
>pirate-turned-runner with a grudge against the Ancients for taking his eye
>knows the sewers like the back of his hand; the team frequently uses them for stealth/escape routes with his help

He basically looks like pic-related.

Attached: barracuda.jpg (1020x1600, 249K)

A miserable little pile of secrets

3 days of planning and 600 seconds of mayhem

Chummer don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.

Read the matrix rules carefully through, never use any of them.

Have a diceroller, chummer and all the cheat PDFs you can find

Follow your heart.

Write down negative qualities your players took and make sure at least half of them matter during run/downtime.

>Your players took Phobia (Clowns), Social Appearance anxiety, addiction (K-10), and dependent

If you aren't on an IV of K-10 at character creation you should really reconsider your commitment to the game.

Attached: 1520638981026.png (808x1517, 278K)

Y'know, shitposting aside, I remember the first or second German splatbook having a bunch of made-up advertisments in it, one of which was along the lines of "Shadowrunners against racism" or something along the lines and I remember thinking even back than that this shit made no sense. Why would runners give any fucks about the shitters from the humanis policlub and other assorted asshats? I mean, yes, what they do on the side is their own business, but why would career criminals go around advertising that?
Same goes for this. Why would anyone (in-universe, obviously) advertise that they are a potential criminal?

Loose Alliances is a bit like that. It makes more sense in context, at least. Even the antifa are just anti-corporate homeless having a tactical freakout in the street.

Have you literally looked at the music industry for like half a nanosecond?
Entire brands are built around making yourself out to be a criminal.

In shadowrun one of the big gun companies is literally called "Krime".

Fair, but would you still make yourself out to be a criminal in a world where Lone Star are some of the nicer security forces around?
I mean, assuming you aren't a rich person living in your own little bubble of pretend reality, obviously.

>Serious clowns surround you
>They aren't attacking, they came to talk to you about your crippling K-10 addiction
>Your loved one is here too, tears in her eyes
>She cannot bear to see the wreck you have become
>You try to hide from her eyes, but there's nowhere to run as ever-growing crowd of clowns surrounds you, their painted faces bearing somber expression
>melancholic honking fills the street
>Someone hands you a K-10 laced banana, but you throw it away after looking into her eyes
>A clown closest to it slips, falling with unearthly grace in deep silence
>You realize this whole scene is slowly getting monochrome, background count and the fabric of reality itself are being altered by sheer concentration of regret and sadness

Attached: emmett-kelly-linda-halom.jpg (651x900, 104K)

Look, if Lonestar get that jackboot itch, they gonna kick your face in anyway, reason or not. Might as well advertise you've got an ares predator and nothing to lose.

Now rewrite it to be a Bonzy expy.

Attached: h9m2rxmbs9iy.png (768x4160, 467K)

It'smagical

Attached: Mane, Magic, Machine.jpg (1055x659, 260K)

>Why would runners give any fucks about the shitters from the humanis policlub and other assorted asshats?

Remember when shadowrunners used to do things because they were right in a world where everything else was wrong, instead of for a paycheck? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Attached: Leather Punks.jpg (664x1024, 467K)

Best thing from one of these threads so far.

Even from 1e it was pretty "Meh" about whether this was an ideals or a money thing.
Like in the 1e supplement for the universal brotherhood (Honestly one of the better supplements, and I'd 100% run the adventure from it to this day) the NPC runners are clearly idealists, but the adventure literally tells you straight up that you shouldn't let them just steal the jewellery and run, and also gives you several options for "And this is what happens if the players decide to bail", and assumes you do in fact bail at the end instead of fight a gigantic multi-hive of insect spirits,

Also it's kinda sad that the big iconic arcs from Shadowrun are the Renraku Arcology and the Universal brotherhood, both of which ended 20 years ago.

Castle Ravenloft was 83, Undermountain was around that time; most iconic modules are considered classics for the reason that they're really fragging old, and were formative to the setting and audience.

I can't think of an iconic module for an old setting that's been released in the past few years.

I have a few.

>Roaring Feather
>Pistol Adept
>Amerind born and raised in the Sioux Nation
>Joined First Nation after her compulsory military service
>Is a Made Man of the gang and is sort of a squad leader/den mother over the neophytes.
>Favors runs that net her gear for her gang or take the piss out of their rivals

Attached: Roaring Feather (portrait).jpg (703x1137, 103K)

TBF they stopped giving a shit about D&D modules in 1999, but you still have stuff like Eberron and Planescape in the 90s and 00s making some headway and being somewhat iconic, even if not as big modules then at least as settings and ideas.

Shadowrun's got squat since the Renraku arcology.

>Aswang
>Troll infiltrator
>Lived on Yomi Island, a concentration camp for metas
>Survived by hiding, stealing, and occasionally fighting for the scant amounts of food and water available to the general population
>Joined the Huk rebels after they liberated the island and its prisoners
>Has and will cut a bitch for money
>Is actually a huge nerd who is super shy

Attached: Aswang Character Portrait.jpg (1097x900, 153K)

Lad, crocodile shamans are a thing, you could've just reflavored one of those lol

On topic, I'm basically playing pic related: Shadowrun edition. Wared up sammy and her twin brother, a gun adept with a bit of rigging on the side.

GM let me play two characters because my character died on a run and another one of our players left the game because of personal reasons, and he liked my idea for twin runners.

Attached: alex n ash.jpg (1191x670, 202K)

Where'd you get your art mang?

That's lazy as fuck and I can't see why anybody would wear this.
>they kept the catalyst logo
Why ? This is a custom made cover and not official right ?

So your name is dickbutt ?

It's official, or rather it was made by catalyst and given to some of the freelancers. There's not a lot of them, and you can't buy it.

But since catalyst is really just the freelancers at this point its more like the freelancers scraped together some money and made this official thing.

The last part of the vecna module was in 2000.

>Escravo
>Social Infiltrator and Face
>Dryad born in infamous Dryad camps in Amazonia
>Sold as a child slave to a wealthy CAS politician
>Lived as a slave into her twenties until the DDI (the CAS version of the feds) busted her owner for illegal weapons dealing and human trafficking
>She was given a SIN, some money, and deported to the UCAS in an effort to keep the political scandal to a minimum.
>Didn't work and she became locally famous for being "that poor slave girl from that scandal"
>Is sort of embarrassed by her past but uses it to her advantage every chance she gets

Attached: Escravo Character Portrait.jpg (850x1500, 812K)

Eberron and Planescape are new settings, though. That's different from writing a new module that slots into Greyhawk and becomes an iconic part of the setting.

They made a whole series of Missions about dealing with Headcases that looked a lot like the UB series, but they're not iconic because that role has already been filled. They can write stuff about the Comet, and people call back to Bottled Demon. It's hard to make something new that also fits into the setting, without either being too new and making people upset about change, or too cliche and getting called derivative.

Attached: 1505335421474.jpg (236x294, 12K)

In between games at the moment, so here's the character from my previous game, and the one I'm rolling up for the new one

Previous game: Dorkula. He wanted to be called Deadeye, but none of the party gives a shit about what he wants. He was a Vampire Larper who, by coincidence, became an actual vampire. Now he goes around murdering people with his adept bullshit while he plots revenge against the Storyteller who kicked him of the LARP.

Next game: Captain Panzer.
Well, probably. If any of y'all have a better idea for a name, I'm open to it.
Anyway, Captain Panzer used to be an engineer who designed tanks who one day he decided he wanted to be one.
Then his wife left him because he has a sponson where his dick should be, and he got fired because that sponson has a grenade launcher in it and they wouldn't let him bring it into the office, so now he has turned to a life of crime. He is very happy about this.
A very bad and dumb game that I love for unknown reasons.
>Write down negative qualities your players took and make sure at least half of them matter during run/downtime.
Only negative quality I've managed to bring in was the party sam's allergy to bees, but that's also the only one I can remember, so yeah, that's probably good advice.
(Before you ask, I decided to refluff wasp insect spirits as bee spirits, and then I made my players fight an evil bee wizard.)
>phobia: clowns
Halloweeners dress like idiots, don't they? Have a group that dress up like shitty joker knockoffs.
>Social Appearance anxiety
Bully the nerd!
>dependent
If you can't figure out how to work a character's wife into a game, you suck.
>addiction(K-10)
Slap that player
That's because you're old, dude. Everyone knows being edgy is the new hotness. seriously though, almost all my shadowrun characters are awful people because the game assumes you're a criminal for hire who works for evil megacorps. How can such a person not be evil?

Would the system be adversely impacted if I were to remove most of the rules involving the Matrix and Technomancers from a custom setting using Shadowrun rules? I'm thinking that there would still be specialized Deckers for the computer technology that exists, would this disproportionately impact balance on things like drones or gun turrets if they can't be wirelessly hacked via the Matrix?

Attached: 1507658208437.jpg (640x640, 82K)

>Where'd you get your art mang?

Shamelessly stolen from jankruener.tumblr.com/

That joke has been made more than once. She took her name from the mythological Filipino monster known to terrorize people in the night. It also eats babies. It was supposed to be scary but most people she's met have no clue about The Philippines or folklore so its lost on them. It's become a sort of running joke, naturally.

user, you just mentioned one quality at a time, multiple were needed.

>Yojimbo
>Adept Street Samurai
>Born into the Renraku corporate family
>Joined the security department in the hopes of transferring to the Red Samurai division
>Trained and studied hard for it
>Turned out being a woman and openly gay was a problem and was asked politely to remove herself from the program
>Politely told her executives to go fuck themselves because she was awesome
>They politely deactivated her Corporate SIN and told all her family and friends she died honorably in a saboteur's attack
>Left Japan with little more than the clothes on her back, her sword at her hip, and the corp script in her pocket
>Now earns money as shadowrunner, travelling extensively on the Pacific, working as a sometimes pirate and sometimes bounty hunter

Attached: Yojimbo.jpg (1131x1600, 772K)

Fine, sure
>Dorkula
>Gun adept who dresses up like Dracula and Neo had a baby
>Actually says bleigh on occasion
>Was kicked out of a Vampire LARP for saying bleigh too much
>Took that really personally

>Captain Panzer
>Has a tank where his legs should be
>Is a gun nut, mostly into historically weaponry.
>His primary weapon is a MG 08/15.
>has a cyberyoutube channel where he eats cyberMREs and talks about how they taste
>wears a stahlhelm
>makes his own stick grenades because he's really committed to his aesthetic.
>did I mention he has a tank where his legs should be? It has sponsons and everything

That is the wrong part where quatlities were needed to be elaborated upon user.

user.
user we were talking about using qualities in a game.

>bee spirits
But wasp spirits and bee spirits are different! Wasps are angry and nasty and eat humans, we are soft and cuddly and want to be friends with humans!

Attached: q-bee.gif (329x448, 29K)

Wait, those are all on one character? Okay, that changes things. Anyway, I'd advise using most of them separately. Having all of them come up at once is stupid, although two at the same time might work. (If he's never told anyone he's afraid of clowns, you should have his wife decide she wants to become a clown and start applying to clown colleges.)
Also, you should slap him for taking addiction(K-10), that part hasn't changed.

Bee spirits hadn't been added to the game at that point, so I assumed they'd be evil jerks like every other insect spirit.

>Batwoman/Azula fusion
Cute.

Bee spirits have not been added to the canon at all, but let him have his fun.
It's a fun addition to the threads.

>Astania Merlavine Brandstatt, "Merle"
>daughter of German high society; her mother is the CFO of AG Chemie and her father is well-known corp lawyer
>bored lonely rich girl archetype
>huge nerd when it comes to trideo and an avid viewer of Karl Kombatmage and its spin-offs
>especially loves the Sammy Samurai character
>gets it into her head to get into becoming a runner herself
>with the help of her handler/butler/friend she stealthily gets herself cybered up
>now plays the part of what she considers a sexy yet dangerous shadowrunner while also keeping her cover at home
I've been playing her for little over a year now and I've had a blast so far.

Attached: 1503425752468.jpg (564x1404, 58K)

>barracuda with magic sewer alligators
I’m a forever DM (I guess I can share some NPCs I like if you want), so I don’t have any characters to talk about, but I just wanted to say I love this guy already.

>Bee spirits have not been added to the canon at all

Hey, Dark Terrors wasn't THAT bad, it's not worth going into denial over.

Waifurun

Attached: dark terror.png (211x42, 11K)

We need a /srg Tits & Ass edition. Yekka can start it.

Also I'm super proud of how high I got my Con skill I just wanted to share it.

Attached: Escravo (Character Sheet).pdf (PDF, 58K)

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Attached: cyber-war.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

Just noticing the common threads is all.