Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Fulfilling your Oath Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread:

Attached: 1490460308228.png (640x1136, 1.39M)

First for aayyyy.

Attached: warhammer high elf spearman.jpg (529x945, 54K)

>tfw you'll never be able to make a high elf army.
I'm starting to feel what Bretonnia fans must have felt for years.

Don't judge me.

Attached: woah mamma.png (509x765, 902K)

QT!

Attached: 1508323487443.jpg (1920x1080, 508K)

First for Elves are still massive cunts.

why?
there are enough models still from GW and from 3rd party manufacturers to fill full roster

and if you are into that kind of shit you can use Mantic elves

I'm normally first to bash "man face" commenters, but that's literally man face. Huge nose, set of eyebrows and cheekbones, the area below eyes especially.

Keep your chin up, friend. GW is still selling a lot of High Elf models under those weird new AoS names - the Lion Rangers, the Pheonix Temple, the Swifthawk Agents, the Order Draconis, the Eldritch Council, the Wanderers (for Sisters of Avelorn)...I don't see any standard spearmen or archers anywhere, but they're probably around. You've still got opportunities Bretonnian fans don't.

Attached: 1500780772909.jpg (640x642, 156K)

>total war waifufag is here
>check /twg/
>yep, it's mostly historic games now

>total war general talks about total war.

Its just a frown, user
You should be familiar with the expression

>posting qts makes someone a waifufag
lmao ok you gay.

Attached: 1487776776814.jpg (211x913, 227K)

Good shitpost.

area below eyes (between cheekbones and nose) is not affected by frown and looks too masculine

No, asrai pedophilia towards humans is.

its okay if an elf does it

Yeah it's not like killing innocent farmers or anything like that is bad, wood elves are innocent!

I'd more complain that the elves look human. If you covered her ears, there was nothing that would make her look elvish.

What exacerbates this in my mind is how CA was able to make the dwarves look so distinct with their faces, they weren't just short humans. They could have easily made the faces of elves taller and thinner, maybe darkened the eyes, without sacrificing their beauty - and they wouldn't look like how Damsels probably should look instead of proper elves.

Attached: 1458951390973.png (640x1136, 1.02M)

>typical muh alien elves poster
>cherry pics weird ancient art
>uses this as proof that all elves/eldar should look like munchkins
>conveniently ignores all the art that doesn't support his stance

you act like anyone in the setting actually cares for Bretonnian peasantry. Nobody gives a shit, if a Knight catches a peasant out of his village after curfew he‘d probably kill the guy himself.

m*n fags always grow a conscious when it comes to Asrai punitive actions against their neighbours but won‘t bat an eye when a Witchhunter torches a whole village on phoney charges or half a barony starves to death because of a cruel Lord.

To be fair I'd fuck them regardless.

Attached: 22904ac7edb9910985d6e7edd04c571c.jpg (660x1111, 138K)

don't tell me what to do
i'll judge you if I want to
and I do
4/10

>fire up Vermintide 2 for a quick mission before work
>get all the way to the end of the level, step through the portal
>backend rejected challenge response
KHORNE TAKE ME NOW!

most of the "brettonian pesantry oppressed" is bullshit, they live ok lives(for the setting).
Keep on defending elf fags killing innocent humans for no reason.

He didn't say that they need to full alien. But she really does look like a normal human. All tw elves do.

Attached: 1519071700873.jpg (476x839, 61K)

well, Bretonnian peasants are not humans, kinda like Norse

both are more like neanderthals or frazetta people, but peasants are more docile and servile, while norse are mindlessly savage

actual Tolkien orcs are closest example

Getting mighty tired of the bretonnian internet defense force

Attached: 20170916203308_1.jpg (1920x1080, 704K)

that mage model has a rather unusual Asur face, but that doesn‘t mean they should like literal Ghosts or more accurately Pthumerians from Bloodborne. Which your picture has a very strong resemblance to.

TWWH has a large amount of different artists making the concept art and 3d models so not all of them fit the aesthetic bill 100%, but artistic license is required for this type of work and I am not too bothered by the deviations compared to other examples we got in the past. Across the board the Elves in Warhammer total war look adequately non-human without becoming ayylmaos or straight up Elder Scrolls tier ugly.

Attached: ED8F50DD-AD57-4AE5-9F36-1E006791EAA1.jpg (1236x998, 346K)

its just poor degenerate anons who can relate to those abhumans

just ignore them

Reminder that this is the official theology of this thread.

Attached: gods and demons.jpg (1167x1612, 713K)

fuck off chaosfag

he looks like a Bogdanoff twin, so he looks like a human too.

I honestly think most Wild Hunts don't even reach beyond athel loren's borders. I figure the most usual targets are monsters and beastmen lurking in the forest, and corrupted glades.
Sometimes it happens that the wild hunt goes beyond the forest and do some crazy shit on bretonnian soil, but i don't think it's a yearly thing, otherwise brets from quenelle would be so used to it they could predict the time of arrival and simply move out of the way

Yes, he has two eyes, one mouth and one nose, so he's a human. Are you really that retarded?

I'm actually not a big fan of full aay elves. But I want them to at least look a little different from humans. I'd be happy with just higher cheekbones and narrower faces.

Attached: 1474562479195.jpg (1900x900, 280K)

>the Elves in Warhammer total war look adequately non-human
No, not at all. Cut out the ears and they are humans. There is nothing else that would point at them being something else than a human.

No. Brettonian peasants are at most mildly inbred(like pakistanis are). They aren't animals.

I'd totally pork that Dark Elf

beware the chaosfag, he will turn your lore into a bland and irrelevant shitfest of chaoswank if he is allowed to do so.
Ignore chaoswank, disregard chaoswank. The Chaos Gods are all liars and their followers enslaved fools, to believe anything that comes out of their mouths is pure folly.

This would be an appropriate elf that is not too humany looking.

Attached: sandra-duchiewicz-untitled-1sss-0004-background.jpg (1920x1559, 360K)

whats the difference between Taal and Rhya and the Old faith? are they the same thing??/

Attached: 212.jpg (300x451, 45K)

>They aren't animals.
nor are Neanderthals
but they are still at lest two steps lower than pure humans like knights

Waifufag, you are a retard.

threadly reminder that greatest child of the Chaos Gods was defeated by a bunch of idiot skinks SCREAMING WITH ROCKS

Korhil was always kinda ugly.

Attached: 1479506447780.jpg (800x600, 145K)

Taal is more hunting
Rhya is more fertility and growing.

Both are same aspects of the same thing, avatars of the natural world and seasons.

yeah-yeah, you're gonna say "She's a High Elf", but she's a Shadow Warrio, meaning she's a Dark Elf, but a traitor on top of that

I really don't see many examples of them looking non-human at all, man. I kind of wish I did, but it's like they didn't even try - they just made the human women look a little uglier so it wasn't quite as noticeable, but they still have human-looking faces.

Attached: 1467652533214.png (837x258, 270K)

Dickish to keep complaining, I know, but seriously - if you didn't know that was Morathi, a Dark Elf, would you seriously look at that and go 'oh that's an elf?' Focus solely on the face. It looks like a human face, right? Like some actress you just can't remember the name of.

Attached: 1500138431572.jpg (1000x1414, 348K)

because their faces are still basically human.
>pointed ears are the defining feature of elves in the setting
>if you remove them they look almost human
oh wow what a shocker. I guess the problem is that you want elves to look like Ayys with alien faces that don‘t have any facial features pleasing to the human eye, but I suppose that is neither supported by official sources nor what the vast majority of people actually want.

If you want ugly ass alien elves with huge chins and Owl eyes you‘ll have to go to Elder Scrolls instead

Attached: 94880C67-349C-46D3-A0B5-B6525248734F.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

you may have misunderstood. i was asking about the difference between the cult of taal and Rhya AND the Old faith. it says the old faith is allied closest to the cult of taal and rhya.

>would you seriously look at that and go 'oh that's an elf?
yes, humans wear more normally

fuck, he looks like my retard cousin
thanks for ruining HE for me, asshole

But look at this art, if you would - all the artist did was make the cheekbones noticeably large, and sharpen the face a bit. It's beautiful, yes, but it's obviously distinct from a human face, and no one has to have weird dark lips or thin alien eyes. Everyone wins!

Attached: 1459369319887.jpg (640x592, 97K)

god damn I love the high elf playstyle of elite units chopping down entire armies of rats.
>mod magic so that It is massively increased by both the AI and you.
>remove the shitty heal cap.
>Spamming heals and stamina buffs on the starting greatswords that teclis has

>They hold an entire flank by themselves massacring thousands of rats.

God damn this game is everything I wanted in a fantasy setting

Attached: fotosketcher2.png (1920x1080, 4.31M)

Or maybe this art.

Attached: 1467137928279.jpg (1091x1900, 280K)

>its distinct from a human face
no it isn't you dumbass autist.

As it has been said multiple times in this thread, you don't need to go full ayy. Higher cheekbones, pointier faces, sometimes almond-shaped eyes are pretty normal for elves, not only warhammer elves. These depictions from the video games however are full-on human, safe and not very warhammer. While the official art can vary, they barely depicted normal humans with pointy ears.

Attached: warhammer dark elves cold one knight.jpg (564x1197, 104K)

you‘re a literal retard and hopefully trolling. But in case you aren‘t, and just an idiotic brainlet with no grasp on the lore at all, Shadow Warriors are not Dark Elves by any definition of it‘s meaning. They are natives of Nagarythe who didn‘t join in Malekiths treason, and still defend their homeland from Druchii invaders.

Reminder that seasons are unpredictable in athel loren and can last anywhere from a few weeks to centuries

Attached: 1476680490573.jpg (618x912, 375K)

And now a real elf.

Attached: warhammer dark elves morathi.jpg (469x700, 49K)

Ah I see.

ToS doesn't really go into it but it hints at widespread belief in nature gods and spirits so your looking at your standard nature worship and animism by the sound of it.

Attached: 1471544599996.jpg (472x702, 122K)

heh, it reminds me of FB game I once had when I just started playing

>IoB kit + a few more kits
>charge a unit of 10 swordmastes in the flank with 20 skavenslaves
>charge in front with 20 stormvermings & warlord (yes, not the smartest move)
>stormvermings and blademasters keep duking out for the rest of the game
>meanwhile two swordmasters on the flank manage to cut down half the skavenslaves in 5 turns, causing unit to break
>skavenslaves didn't kill a single swordmaster

>this still painting is the real look of this character
fuck off. Smugrathi is better.

and japs living in US during WWII shouldn't have been called "japanese", should have been called "americans" and not considered traitors. right.

>apocalypse shitcan your setting to force people to buy sigmarine minis
>comission several great PC games for your dead setting

what did GW's board of directors mean by this?

what
did
they
mean

Attached: 1521061030160.png (300x220, 48K)

For flagellants I was thinking of having Norsecans that had converted to the one God of Araby, it also helps because they already come with flails. But shit they come on 25mms.
Should I still go for it or is forcing them to 20mm gonna not be feasible.

You can try this from Mad Alfred and there are articles on it on the WFRPv1 wiki as well.

www.madalfred.com/articles/Druids_and_Old_Faith2.081.doc

Basically the Old Faith is druidism - a vague belief in a mother goddess, the power of nature, all that. Taal and Rhya are more developed, with Taal representing the wildness of nature and Rhya representing its softer side, farming and good weather.

Having a hard time masturbating to that, eh?

Spearman and Archers are discontinued unfortunately

Buddy please, if I can jerk it to this a woman enjoying herself on a horse is easy.

Attached: flatties of khaine.png (1766x1760, 3.1M)

they were ugly as fuck anyway

you can get absolutely kickass elf halberdiers from MoM and make them into spearelves

why have they got no boobs?

and you are probably blind since those features are exactly what the elf in my picture has, high cheekbones, long and pointy face. High and narrow eye position.
You point at one mage model most people agree doesn‘t look all that elven and then project it on every Model.
Perhaps instead of spouting opinionated bullshit you should actually take a close look at the models in game.

Attached: A2D1971B-0A41-45BD-AF16-231D5BD11F77.png (1920x1080, 1011K)

Boobs get in the way of slaughter.

rather they are so bloodthirsty because they are angry they got no tits to speak of

elves don‘t have fat jugs all the time, only when they get pregnant

Bob's are problematic for their new audience.

>WAR

I miss it. ROR just isn't the same.

Attached: 1468897922482.jpg (1920x1200, 301K)

RoR is a piece of shit

Probably because the artist couldn't decide if he wanted to make an idealised womans body like Vallejo or Frazetta or the body of a female athlete. So he went for some weird in-between instead.

Because they are elves. Duh.

well to be fair the folks in cali were basically arrested the day after because the farmer's association wanted their land.

still a smart move

what a stupid comparison as expected of a brainlet mutt. Japanese weren‘t native in america.

This whole chain started with complaining about that one mage, though. She looks like complete human. It seems rather all elf women look like this, they only hinted a bit at it with some male models but then cowarded out when it comes to the girls.

a few scattered farmer families are a massive national security threat to the United states.
All the krauts in the midwest are not.

I believe more of it is based on Hindu veiws of the gods:
First they create.
Then the upkeep.
Then the destruction.
And then starts all over again. It may be true that all gods are one in the same. Chaos destroys the world, loses all its power via worship and emotion as everything is dead. So they begin to create, as the gods of order/old ones. Then the gods of upkeep are made over time through actions of mortals/elves ect. Then eventually gain enough emotional feedback from the new races (usually a fuck ton of time), the gods gain the urge to destroy, turning once again into the forms of chaos.
It would go with the cryptic speaking of "the gods of order died to make way for the gods of chaos" in a metaphorical sense.

how does she bend over

But it wasn't actually Be'lakor, it was a generic Daemon Prince. GW had to use Be'lakor's model because they didn't sell other fantasy Daemon Princes at the time.

Backwards.

Philibert, you dirty dog

Attached: PhilibertTheLoon.png (189x142, 40K)

female Dreadlord looks adequately elven too. There aren‘t that many female Asur, but almost all males have reasonably elven features as evidenced by Tyrion and Teclis, the male Dreadlord and regular infantry models.

the guy who modeled the sorceress is a talentless hack and /ourguy/ Jaco Herbst was so focused on creating the perfect ass he forgot the Death Hag was meant to be an Elf. But that can be forgiven, who could stay mad at this smile for long?

Attached: A9F72877-2718-4300-8CCE-C1214D2DE693.jpg (150x219, 11K)

Looks like the loon makes the damsels swoon.

same

The Loon gets the poon