/SWG/ - Confederate Surplus Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ----
New Destiny boosters:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/way-of-the-force/
Official playmats for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/prepare-your-troops/
Season One Organized Play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/recruit-your-legions/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/take-your-best-shot/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/open-the-blast-doors/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/star-destroyers-fighters-and-fun/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-force-is-with-you/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-way-of-the-force/

What's the oldest piece of military hardware that's shown up in your campaigns?

Attached: Rebel_Munificent.png (1093x746, 541K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MoxBoarding/status/973991410243223552
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's the oldest piece of military hardware that's shown up in your campaigns?
Probably the CSA Invincible-Class that did a customs inspection on them, luckily on their way to pick something up

Seem balanced?

Also, if anyone knows what fonts the actual cards use (or if there's a site like Kuat Drive Yards for Legion), lemme know.

Attached: stormtroopercommander.png (418x300, 163K)

Please post more Rebel Surplus - of any kind

Attached: SWC_Fang_Fighter_hangar.png (1191x538, 1009K)

Do you think the Rebels used reprogrammed Vulture Droids as a QRF for their bases/ships?

wouldn't really make that much sense, except MAYBE to buy them a minute or two to jump to hypespace, since TIE fighters were pretty much designed specifically to fuck a bunch of vulture droids out a third story window

Attached: rebel flight school.jpg (1870x896, 880K)

Reposting from last thread, Gale Force 9 doing some obviously Star Wars terrain

twitter.com/MoxBoarding/status/973991410243223552

>The topic we're talking about is how you can't just shoot a bunch of Stormie's
To be a hundred percent fair, a blaster rifle or anything more powerful *will* instantly kill a standard stormtrooper minion too, by sheer mathematics. Higher-ranking stormies will survive though.

A blaster rifle could also one-shot a particularly frail PC to though.

>What's the oldest piece of military hardware that's shown up in your campaigns?

Depending on your classification, but in my upcoming 14 ABY campaign;
>One player is going to be an HK unit
>Most likely going to have the players find him in a crash-landed Hammerhead.

Attached: Republic_Hammerhead_Cruiser_1.jpg (800x600, 35K)

While I appreciate the sheer number of companies already producing terrain for Legion, it's kind of dumb that all of them exclusively sell "turret, moisture vaporator, and Tatooine house"

True, but in all but the absolute worst cases you still need more than 1 threshold success to zero out a PC.

This happened to me the first time I ran EotE.

And we mentioned how Luke using a stormies own e11 had to shoot another stormie 3 times to put him down, so players with dinky hand blasters aren't gonna cut it. Plus the

>reee stormie a shit cannon fodder hahaha

Shit posters have failed to explain how their Stormie's could suck so much ass and come in such pathetically few numbers.

I made the point that playing the tabletop as if you're Luke and CGI us retarded, because going against the empire as a player group would be far more similar to a shadowrun against saeder Krupp with the attendant 'even if you "win" you have lofwyr bear a grudge against you for the rest of fucking time'

Players should not expect to survive if they go loud and flashy. Play should revolve around players figuring out and implementing ways to sneak around if through the Stormie's without going loud. Social and tactical stealth.

Not big fucking guns.

Luke and co.*

QD/2 HLC Rhoboat user, I thought of one more question if you don't mind answering it for me: which obstacles did you bring and what was your strategy when placing them down?

I mean, it could be that Stormtroopers aren't that much more competent than the standard Imperial Army guys, but they're waaaaay more loyal and fearless.
Yeah they might go down pretty quickly, but for every one you kill another two are waiting to push into the gap, and they're going to fight to the last man. The armour isn't just for protection, it's to conjure up the image of a faceless, innumerable horde in the minds of enemies and fellow imperials alike

Coupled with better equipment and support, they're still a force to be reckoned with, even if the individual stormie isn't that bright.

you do have your normal mooks shit themselves and retreat when a bunch of them die, right?

Attached: stormtrooper.jpg (640x533, 71K)

>Rebel scum using cis white male munificents
Unf

Do you have the admiral Trench image saying >Absolutely Munificent

Morale tests etc are a staple of any decent system. Refusing to use them is also a signal of a shut gm.

>And we mentioned how Luke using a stormies own e11 had to shoot another stormie 3 times to put him down
Gotta love Rivals.

>And we mentioned how Luke using a stormies own e11 had to shoot another stormie 3 times to put him down, so players with dinky hand blasters aren't gonna cut it.

1 roll =/= 1 shot.

Morale tests are shit, but morale isn't.

Honestly it's the sort of thing I'd leave to fiat- but that's up to personal taste, and requires a decent bit of trust in your GM

And snti-stormie faggot has shown he's not a gm to trust because he uses tiny finite amounts of Stormie's as if they're ever deployed somewhere in such puny numbers. AND he makes them Benny hill sketch incompetents. So his players are never in danger anyway.

>2018
>people still thinking the EU was ever canon

What was her fucking problem?

Attached: Karentraviss.jpg (600x600, 56K)

Lusting after Big Boss/Boba Fett's dick and never being able to deal with it in a healthy way

There are people who exist, who think ST factions are more likely than Clone Wars stuff for Legion.

What do you have to say to these people?

X-Wing has gone sequel-era first, why wouldn't Legion?

The difference between a TIE/FO and TIE/LN, and a FO Stormtrooper and an OT Stormtrooper is arguably more noticable.

It obviously makes less sense for them to go Sequels first given how sparse everything is, especially at the kind of units Legion focuses. But it also makes way more sense in terms of sales to be putting out products that go with new movies because you're going to have a lot more people interested in the product then than later on. So seeing as how the next movies are Solo (which just uses more Empire stuff) and Episode IX, I'd definitely put my money on Sequel factions before Prequels, even if it's not the route I'd personally prefer they go.

a basilisk, one of those mandalorian mounts from even before the mandalorian war, i guess can be considered as old hardware since it is mechanical

aside from that an old double bladed light saber i 'stole' from a crypt of an ancient sith's coffin that her corpse was still holding onto. i literally had to pry it from her cold, dead hand since it was in her cybernetic arm. ended up giving my lightsaber to another character who was force sensitive and recently lost his after getting his arm cut off (still hasnt gottena replacement arm, is saving up for a cybernetic limb instead of just getting a prosthetic. yes, he lost his arm and his lightsaber). he was spending his xp on skills, being a skill monkey, and almost all his credits on weapon upgrades, but now he cant even use his blaster without a difficulty upgrade and doesnt even have force powers either with a force rating of 1. i have 2 cybernetic arms, legs, a brain implant, and cybernetic eyes and have move, heal/harm and am a consular niman disiple and teacher and mystic seer with a force rating of 3. he is only a guardian defender and hasnt bought any skills at all. he rolls 1 yellow and 2 green when using a lightsaber while i roll 4 yellow and 1 green. he sucks, and cant even remember the rules or how to roll dice most of the time. he is only there because he is a big star wars nerd (even thinks the prequels are better than the original trilogy) but spends most of his time at the sessions on his phone

sorry if it seems like i am venting, but goddamn if we are gonna have 2 force sensitive you'd think he'd be a bit better at using/buffing his abilities as such?

Attached: welp, fuck it.jpg (232x254, 20K)

Since I had QD, I brought Tiny debris (A rocked QD is a dead QD) and I would place as many rocks in my own corners/on my side of the board.

A cornered rock you can fly past turn 1- You control your own speed, but not your opponents.

The first obstacles that should be placed are those with the largest force projection- rocks are more important/dangerous than debris except in some strange edge cases, when considering what to place, treat them as being a bit bigger than they are.

Also, QD can pull surprise moves involving a debris, as she can pull strange "This is fine" moves by just going over them once she has a focus and TL.

Also- QD should probably be rerolling focus results to keep action economy up/save the token for defense unless you can either get multiple focus results from it or to ensure a hit goes through- you only fuck yourself over on 1/4 results, and you need to know if the shot is important enough to eat the focus- You are giving up a barrel roll next turn if you spend it.

With Vader- If you are confident in your flying ability, you should bring big rocks to fuck with fat turrets. After that, Big Debris.

I'm always looking for nuggets of wisdom- Are you good (or even OK) at flying anything? I'd like to know how it flies so I can prepare for it at Adepticon.

>Are you good (or even OK) at flying anything?
The nearest people to me who play x wing are 1.5 hours away so I've only played three games at a monthly store tournament last July. I ended up getting 3rd out of 8 with Ryad/Vessery/OL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've done practice flying on vassal just to get some reps in, along with listening to podcasts. But as far as actual experience, I have so little unfortunately. I signed up for the x wing vassal league so I'll be giving Vader/Rhoboats a test spin on there.

Just finished watching Made in Abyss and I can't stop thinking that pic related would make a great sith character in the Star Wars universe, especially in a story where she is on the protagonist's team.

Attached: Ozen-Profile.png (225x350, 69K)

What's she like?

>>One player is going to be an HK unit

Is it fair to say that almost every Star Wars GM has had to deal with this?

I'd just like to see it done well. So far, I haven't.

So with Tallie bringing back aviator scarves, will we ever see Rebel pilots wearing WWII-style bomber jackets?

Attached: esb snowspeeder pilot concept.png (265x344, 128K)

Kind of hard to explain everything that's going on with her even though she's literally just in 2-3 episodes of the show. Closest character equivalent might be Kreia from KOTOR2. She's got an imposing persona, an air of experience and power, and is able to toe a fine line back and forth between casual and dangerous, motherly and contemptuous, dutiful and looking like she will leave you for dead. Has both cute drowsy eyes and an excellent creepy face.

Rian already brought WWII-style bombers back in a setting that was previously all about torpedoes, so maybe.

My players came across this sight last week, and immediately started brainstorming how to get that ship going

Attached: Dig site overhaul.png (1051x788, 1.13M)

>previously all about torpedoes
counterpoint, pic related

was meant for the OP

Attached: d0045194_50a623bdc5e26.jpg (856x480, 64K)

>in a setting that was previously all about torpedoes
Bombs have been a thing since ESB and were prominent throughout the flight sims, Rogue Squadron vidya, classic Battlefront, Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire at War, etc.

Paige brought back those old-school flying caps, so we may as well complete the look.

Attached: paige-tico-tlj_df2960c8.jpg (768x432, 76K)

I encouraged him into it. I trust him to play one well.

Attached: rebel_alliance_fleet_by_colourbrand-d5uibh4.jpg (1024x611, 86K)

I'm glad the Rebels used a lot of old CIS tech.

Lets me blast both Rebel scum AND Separatist scum simultaneously.

Big ambition without the ability to back it up and inability to handle critcism, but also gets an unfair rap. Devil's advocate here, and even though the whole "imma come slit ur throat" shit was and is inexcusable, she got a lot of hate for her Mando Mary Sueing while Stackpole and Zahn got away with it for Rogue Squadron and Mara/Thrawn. There were also equally butthurt-can't-deal-with-different-opinions on the opposing side who lost their shit because she wrote Jedi as villains.

don't you mean CIS scum

Honestly the mando wank bothered me less than her deliberately(?) misinterpreting GL's concept of the flawed order. She went way further than he did and it was just dumb. That's an argument for GL not reading the EU honestly- if he knew what she was doing he might well have fired her.

It's not like WWII was also the heyday for plane launched torpedoes as well, and they can coexist perfectly fine.

Eh, some of those characters are kind of snowflakey (Zahn wasn't great about this. Thrawn is the one alien admiral? Mara is a secret agent of Palpatine who is also right-hand to a crime syndicate etc) but I don't think in their original work they're really mary sue like. They clearly have weaknesses and flaws, which are sometimes exploited by people (and Thrawn's gets him killed). Like, okay, Corran has a real bullshit backstory, but he's also fucking wrong about all kinds of stuff the entire time. The fucker is in prison, looking at the records saying Tycho's not the spy, and he still has a moment of "but how could I be wrong?".

Wedge is probably the "worst" in that respect, but that's because he's kind of a neutral character in a lot of the X-Wing books. He has to wrangle all these other colorful assholes, so it takes him a while to develop on his own.

>she went way further than he did
There's nothing wrong with it, and IMO she never went too cartoonish or overblown with it. She showed the Order as what it'd probably realistically be, bunch of old jackasses out of touch with the world hypocritically taking the high ground while trying to force their ideas of "goodness" on everyone else. It was a pretty nice depiction and while I can see why the Mandowank got some (albeit exaggerated) hate, I don't get why some people were so furious about her Order. It's like how those same people respond when Kreia is brought up.

Wedge to me suffered from some kind of "Sane man" syndrome in a way. He's the only neutralish character in a wave of personalities and as such while everyone else does character shit Wedge is just there to move the story along and usually is given the plot armor to do it for that reason. Not author insert, but very distantly similar.

it was more her inexplicably transplanting that fuckery to luke's NJO for no reason

There is something wrong with it my dude.
The attidude she takes is more severe than "arrogant but not evil". It's basically "arrogant dangerous cult that might be evil".
It's autism.

That I can agree with since the whole point of the NJO was "yeah those guys sucked before but we won't make the same mistake"

Still don't see how it's wrong my dude.

Personally I always thought more the issue was she was clearly harsh on the Jedi because she as a person did not like them, so Jedi = Bad, Mandalorians (who she liked, or made them something she liked) = Good and went out of her way to move all the characters she liked out of her bad camp into the good. But she's not at her most annoying in RepCom anyway, that doesn't kick in until later like said.

yeah. the OJO was a fucking hellhole mess by the end, and she wasn't necessarily wrong there, it was those problems magically time traveling fifty plus years into the future for no reason

>Rogue Squadron
Stackpole's Rogue Squadron series ended with a pile of dead X-wings and every one of the Rogues' major victories was won through combined arms warfare and plenty of allied support. Nearly everything that goes down in his dogfights is also entirely possible to do in the flight sims.
>Mara/Thrawn
Thrawn died and failed, while the whole point of Mara's character arc was that her snowflake edgy bullshit wasn't working.

Because it doesn't jive with the movies.
The Jedi are NOT bad, just getting vain after being top dogs for so long. She acts like they are Heaven's Gate or something.
see

Don't worry user- You can Git Gud. I believe in you.

For your rock choice with Vader if you aren't supremely confident in your ability, think of matchups that rocks would be good in and ones that debris would be good in, and if they need to be big or small.

>tfw you unironically spend ten minutes trying to count every ship in this pic because you're just that autistic

Attached: Rebel_pilot (1).jpg (858x810, 277K)

An old Derriphan-class battleship the PC's found adrift, moderately beat up and a bit dented. At the time they had a really shitbox freighter that was 'barely running' and a constant source of grief to them, so they spent time running back-forth getting the bits they needed, weeks of fnangling to get the weird computers to work, managed to find a reactor that would work, some better engines, slapped some shields on it and even managed to get some turbolasers on it.
>"It verks!"
>"hooray!"
The funniest thing was none of them legitimately knew what it was exactly, the thing was so fucking ancient and crusty they just figured it was an old armoured freighter abandoned and it was literally 5-6 months into the campaign that they eventually figured out (more by accident than management) what the hell it was. By that stage, they where totally in love with it- despite it being haunted, the systems being mostly gibberish, made by evil and apparently powered by space magic.
There was lots of room, it could hold a lot of stuff (very important for PC's) and it was ridiculously tough. They had chances to get something better, but they stuck with it anyway so it just kept rattling from adventure to adventure for the rest of the game.

Attached: Sith Battleship.jpg (600x1333, 113K)

It looks kinda, broken in half.

that's the idea

it crashed 19 years ago in the final hours of the clone wars

I didn't have the heart to point it out to them at the time

Everyone's the hero/villain of their own story. Jedi were never really the "hero" in the films. In the OT the only Jedi left are an arrogant farmboy who has to get his hand cut off to realize he let his ego get the better of him, and he plans to avenge the Order by turning his dad to the Light side, something the other washed-up two old Jedi don't believe can happen and instead insist he kill Vader, and Vader himself who's become a whole asshole.

In the PT we see masters willing to use psychological magic tricks to deceive and lie, a council of jackasses who refuse to listen to anyone else but themselves while claiming political neutrality despite propping up certain senators and chancellors, and an emo who chafes hard enough under the Jedi's rules that he goes psycho, with Obi-Wan being the only exasperated "sane man" and still flawed himself.

Not that the Jedi were evil, they were just not necessarily good in the traditional sense, and even when the truly good one Luke came about it was only after literally every other Jedi was dead except him and his dad, who also died.

Point being nothing was wrong with making the OJO at least the villains, because they were never heroes, and you can be the story hero without being good or the villain without being evil.

Even then she only had one adult jedi who was horribly overworked and forced into constant ethical quandries.

That was kinda the perfect Jedi to have since he didn't have the time or emotional energy to debate philosophy whenever Walon and Kal were playing Statler and Waldorf to snark about the shortcomings of the Jedi

Yeah that's where it mostly started getting intolerable. Though late Order 66 and pret6ty much all of Impcom were nearly as bad.

Eh, true but at least her books never actually include Yoda or Mace.

I have not read her early TCW Cartoon novelizations (PRe mandalore arc of course) because Kommissar Kettch the famished only has them in plain .txt format and I ain't readin all that shit.

Apparently she expands on her fellation of Djinn Altis and his faction from Children of the Jedi that was hinted at in Order 66 in it.

(And treats Pellaeon pretty well, making me think she wasn't killing him by choice in her post-endor swill.)

>And treats Pellaeon pretty well, making me think she wasn't killing him by choice in her post-endor swill
that was legitimately denning's idea.
Making Daala the new head of state also wasn't hers, she didn't even come up with bringing her back

She did apparently come up with the idea and relish the thought of killing off Mara, though.

oh yes,I'm not saying she wasn't a shit, I just don't want denning avoiding the hate he deserves either

le disingenuous faec

Yeah. Too bad that they didn't go through with the EU reboot earlier, then we could have avoided everything after NJO.

Pablo has mentioned that they were first looking into/talking about rebooting the EU as early as 2004

But then no Mercy Kill... But on the other hand Allston would be alive to have a hand in shaping the new EU.

I hope we can all agree, Denning is the worst.

He had like, one good book and just couldn't keep himself battened down after that.

Tatooine Ghost was good IMO.

Even the worst of the EU's authors are wholly overshadowed by Wendig.

The only one who about matches him is none other than McIntyre, but at least she never pretended to be a literary genius and was more concerned about making a bad fanfiction with magical realm elements than a hamfisted political farce coupled with talking about genociding critics, unlike the wendigo

sup /swg/, I need aesthetic advice.

I'm making a dual sided Virgin Kylo/Chad Blackout X-wing card, and i'm not sure if adding a gradient is a good idea.

When I make the card (I'll be adding hybrid meme/rule text in the top portion) should there be a gradient or no? Does it look good?

Attached: Chad Blackout front no gradient.png (1000x1400, 273K)

Attached: chad blackout front.png (1000x1400, 269K)

Attached: Virgin Kylo front no gradient.png (1000x1400, 154K)

Thanks buddy, I really appreciate it

So gradient or no?

Attached: Virgin Kylo front.png (1000x1400, 154K)

You are a saint.

Attached: Castro Track Suit.jpg (620x417, 76K)

I could see it because the ST movies are going on now and they could tie it in easier, but the PT has WAAAAAY more shit to work with as far as units and commanders go. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Rey or Phasma or Hux out commanding their troops but holy fuck give me Yoda and Grievous first

Hot opinion- Luke becoming disillusioned with the Jedi after going on a journey to learn about them was the only good par of TLJ.
I just hate that it had to happen in the TFA status quo timeline.
Also his continued reverence toward Yoda seems at odds with his new conception of Yoda's order.

So gradient or no?

I'll be adding a hybrid meme/rules text bit on the top half of the card in the vein of the normal virgin/chad meme (lines pointing to the art with text on them)- Should I keep the gradient?

Personally, I like and the most. The gradient helps cut the starkness of the white background which can be a bit harsh.

the gradient makes it more interesting, but I think some kind of border would be nice

Crystal Star was not that bad.

Everything with the Solo Twins was fucking adorable.

The rest was shit.

I didn't realize how kinky the Star Wars universe was until digging into the EU

I like the gradient.

Kylencer or BLACKEDout?

Also what do you think of this Scum Aces Build:

(100)

Fenn Rau (34) - Protectorate Starfighter
Push The Limit (3), Concord Dawn Protector (1), Autothrusters (2)

Thweek (30) - StarViper
StarViper Mk.II (-3), Autothrusters (2), Virago (1), Fire Control System (2)

Talonbane Cobra (36) - Kihraxz
Push The Limit (2), Cloaking Device (1), Vaksai (0), Pulsed Ray Shield (1), Engine Upgrade (3), Vectored Thrusters (1)

Trying it out I'm not sure how I feel about Dials and Talonbane and Fenn's reliance on Range 1 and PTL

Talonbane should have Autothrusters instead of Pulsed Ray Shield

that's pretty great

Could we combine scarves and bomber jackets to create the ultimate pilotfu?

Attached: earhart_nitm2.jpg (450x300, 72K)

you kinda want to take a bid with Thweek, his main strength is being able to arc dodge/chase the opponent's higher PS.

Besides that, not sure about PTL on Cobra, he doesn't really have the greens to back up that EPT, also you should swap PRS for Autothrusters, since he has a boost now. That really helps him at R3. I'd consider looking into VI and switching Cloak for Glitter stim, so that he can move last, charge in on someone and then light them up.

You think Trioculus ever jerked off with the Glove of Darth Vader?

Attached: dark greetings.jpg (700x1147, 239K)