Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2116: All-Star Jumper Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread:

Attached: 1521102320128.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51924150/#51930200
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51581767/#51589329
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55248549/#55254364
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51617431/#51626159
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to buy historical monuments in other modern world jumps and turn them all into a fast food chain.

You absolute madman.

Attached: elder gods active.jpg (460x2329, 167K)

"Thank you for calling the Leaning Tower of Pizza, can I take your order?"

"I want one Hajj burger please."

"Eiffel Tower, how many in your party and how can we service you?"

What is your proudest moment?

The Hell would Stonehenge even serve?

Attached: 100322-bacon-stonehenge.jpg (750x600, 105K)

How much do you usually write for your chains?

My first chain was all bullet point details of what went on in my jumps, which let me go through a lot of jumps in a pretty short period of time.
Now I've started to make full write-ups for my second chain, which takes up a ton of time and effort but feels more satisfying overall.

Burgers and shit, why would I make it thematic when I'm doing this to fuck with people.

When I told Aslan a pun so bad, it made Lion Jesus groan.

Ah, so it's that kind of scheme. Don't mind me then, carry on.

Asking this again, what would be good effects for these NPs for a Baba Yaga Servant, preferably ones complimentary to Territory Creation EX? Tentative names from what part of her legend each is based around.

C Rank - Horrific Visage
A Rank - Ambiguous Enigma
EX Rank - Strange Witch's Realm

You'll need:
The Softest Tap. So you can have absolute levels of control over your own strength.
A Message of Hope: To train others in super Kung Fu.
Hard Work Overcomes All. Karate Kid basically IS this.
Brains Beat Brawn. So you can exploit things that you really shouldn't, like a Kryptonian's momentum.
Mind of a Genius. You'll need it to pull off the bullshit that is Karate Kid's actual style, literally it's every martial art in DC's Existence boiled down to it's best parts.

I'd suggest Titanic Strength in addition to round out your three discounted 600's. Full on BS Silver Age Karate Kid clocks in at 1400 CP.

I plan on serving pasta out of the Pyramids, Burgers in most middle eastern places, nothing but salad in America and so on.

Probably the Magical Girl Extortion ring. I don't think i've quite topped that yet.
God it's been a fuck ton of threads since i explained that.

I think your proudest moment was when you created a magic Endbringer in worm while trying to do something totally mundane.

DBS Jump?

DBS Jump?

Need dat shit

Just go to DB Multiverse.

Oh my god shut the sweet salty fuck up about Dragon Ball already.

Get stronger than time so you can skip ahead to when it's done, you fucking scrublord.

Actually I'm pretty sure Dragonball As Fuck AF literally has all the perks you need to reach Perfeccioné.

Not here yet. We've only got Dragonball, Z, Multiverse, GT, and AF. So make builds and post, people. I'm interested.

Sadly nothing in All-Star Superman actually gives you the skills you'd need to pull off the feat, only the ability level. It's a sad truth but Karate Kid Jumper best chance is merely a shadow without the ability to gather all the Martial Arts of existence together.

Personally, I find the mindset that has people looking for dragon testicles to be... Disturbing.

For someone with only little knowledge of the series, what would be needed to fix the dark souls universe?

Explain both of these.

A complete restructuring of the entire verses metaphysicis

Anyone know where I can get some good keikaku perks?

Attached: since when.jpg (517x600, 38K)

Letting the Age of Fire end on its own. No tampering, no throwing people into the First Flame, no dicking around with the metaphysics.

Just let the Age of Fire end. The reason for 90% of shit going as badly as it does is because Gwyn's artificially extending it because he's afraid of the dark.

Let's be honest here, the Age of Dark ain't exactly "fixed" either.

There's one in PS238 that pretty much gives you a second brain devoted solely to planning.

They accidentally created a magical endbringer, or rather a great many of them, in Worm ages ago.

Well, actually if you get to Gwyn before he ties the souls of humanity to the ebb and flow of the flame that would actually be fine

> So make builds and post, people. I'm interested.

Dragon Ball Multiverse
> Age: 24 [Rolled6]
> Location: Universe 2
> Origin: Gag Character
> Gauntlet Style [Get a Freebie!]
> QUOTE: "Any need (Food, drink, conveniences, meditation space) will be given as asked as long as the organisers are able to do it."

I wasn't comfortable putting my chain up for wager in a contest of power levels, so I went Gauntlet.
Before my first match, I began demanding large quantities of food and binge eating grotesquely. I ate literal rooms full of food, which they could not deliver fast enough, such was my speed of consumption.

When the match began, I walked out into the arena, threw up all over Vegeta, and then fell asleep, forfeiting the match.
It was fun. I had fun.

Attached: izumi_konata-christmas-renderedbyva.png (667x975, 408K)

>the Age of Dark ain't exactly "fixed" either.

No, no it's not.
But assuming that it's not permanently damaged and about to unravel, letting it straighten itself out over time will help more of the issues.

Horrific Visage would make people who look at her become paralyzed with fear, panic, and receive a temporary '-' in their statistics until they get out of range or overcome their shock.

Ambiguous Enigma would allow her to alter the effects and properties of her Territory or simply of her immediate surroundings in unpredictable ways to produce various effects. In the Territory created by Territory Creation it would be vastly more effective, allowing her to manifest NP like effects out of her surroundings, twisting its shape and nature wildly.

Strange Witch's Realm would allow her to rapidly turn any location into her Territory as a Phantasmal Realm. It would allow her to move it freely, hide it away, and animate said realm as an extension of herself. It should also empower her Territory further beyond its standard level of power in boosting her magic.

What are good illusion powers?

Ah well, let's do this.
Magical Girl Extortion Ring:
Jump 3 or so Madoka Magica (Not Wraith, it didn't exist at the time)- I was a mobster. A very, very amoral mobster. So much so that I made a deal with Kybey, began monopolizing grief seeds and selling them to magical girls in exchange for favors- of course, the fact I was forcing little girls to commit crimes to survive drove them to despair, making more witches, which created more energy for kyubey and more seeds for me to use.

I then stored those extra grief seeds in the warehouse, took Kyubey to Worm, and...

--
Magical Endbringer:
Well, after the shitshow that was Taylor Herbert becoming a magical girl, Jumper pretty much stopped giving a shit. Grief seeds can become witches after some time, if i remember correctly, so I (ab)used soul fuckery in order to create an Endbringer out of Witches, basically my own Walpurgisnatch, so I could have mecha fights with Endbringers.

This was...before jump 10.
I may or may not have caused the end of Worm multiple times across my chains. To the point the exception is the world not ending.

Hm. That seems pretty damn good, but seems more about being prepared for shit to go wrong than actually putting your own masterplan into motion.

Adding to this, don't fall for the Sable Church's Lord of Hollows meme. Whatever the morality of actual humans, by the time of DS3 Humanity as a metaphysical substrate is too corrupted to create a world hospitable for anything other than creepy zealot bacon strips that hate the living.

At best, you're a puppet for a vengeful conspiracy. At worst, you're a hollow husk consumed by the dying Flame you usurped.

We've never even seen an Age of Dark, proper. We do, however, know the Judicator Giants came from an Age before Gwyn's rise to power, implying there is a larger cycle at work which doesn't kill all life like Gwyn would have you believe.

Overlord (The Series)
Katanagatari
SUCKERS (SBURB)
Keikaku Dori (The World Ends With You)

Why not just take the extra time to achieve Perfeccion while you wait?

I imagine it'd still build contingencies for any plans you expect to make use of, but yeah on review it seems more general purpose than specific.

>S U C K E R S
I'm honestly not sure why I don't see more people take this.

Greek Mythology, believe it or not, gives a 100cp Drop-In perk that makes any schemes and plans you make become more and more likely to succeed the more complicated and complex you make them

I'm curious about something. In the chain death instantly sends you home, unless you have a way around it. But in some cases Humans die in hospital for a short amount of time and can be resuscitated.

As such why is death considered a complete chain ending event when people currently can return from, an albeit temporary, death. I was just thinking about a couple posts a few threads ago where they were talking about how some settings just revive your character as an actual part of the setting, I think it was a Final Fantasy or some such they were referring to.

Get a Firekeeper to wrest the First Flame from its kiln before letting it fade and die, just like the Eyes ending of DS3.

I don't know why most people forget about the Xanatos Gambit in Gargoyles.

Further proof that Quicksilver was too irresponsible to handle creating /jc/. Of all the miniscule things to fuck up, this one's the worst.

All this fast food talk got me thinking, how many gluttonous jumpers do we have in the thread right now?

Are you the fine dining type who dedicates their food time to elaborate dishes, all gourmet and shit?

Or are you a real jumper, who jams everything in sight into their stomach until it pokes out their mouth?

I got really bored and hungry, and I've been binge watching Epic Meal Time for the last two hours. Somebody stop me.

Attached: Picture 8.png (1280x800, 712K)

Most of early /jc/ problems can be attributed to the fact that nobody would have expected jumpchain to last four years and counting.

Just ignore the death rule. It, like everything else from the start of JumpChain, is outdated and needs to be disregarded.

Thanks myrmidont.

Attached: rogers.jpg (640x718, 51K)

>Lack of foresight and planning.

Yet another mark against Quicksilver.
Man, it's a wonder he didn't run this into the ground on announcement.

I wouldn't say completely disregard it, it does have it's place. I'd say that should you 'die' in settings that have a legit way to come back, as in a canonical part of the setting, then you shouldn't treat it as a complete chain ending event. Perhaps if you're still dead after the 10 years are up then yea that's you lost, but I think otherwise you should be fine. So like in Dragon Ball (first to come to mind as people are talking about it) if you die but are brought back by the Dragon Balls themselves before 10 years are finished then it should just continue as normal.

Becoming a Overlord in Diseagea

Attached: Bobby-Power up2.jpg (560x632, 200K)

>I wouldn't say completely disregard it

Don't try and backpedal now.
You took the stance, own up to it.

I at no point said that it should be completely disregarded. In fact I didn't make an opinion of mine available on it in my original post, I pondered a question to see what others thought on the matter.

Not really that clear. The time it was blocked by Rho Aias was not during the fated death spear NP move but the flying death spear move, which doesn't possess the same causality fucking stuff.

Should the spear be able to pierce the heart, even if the target is too tough? Probably. It can do it even if the target is too fast to hit. It may not necessarily do enough damage to take you out if you can survive your heart being destroyed and filled with nasty curses.

Sure.

Eeeergh, it depends. It could let you do everything the Holy Right has done in canon with ease but it is unlikely to scale infinitely like that one may or may not.

No. Death is already hard enough to make happen to a Jumper, they don't need many extra easy methods of revival on top of all that too.

I really hope DBS jump has a perk to make esoteric effects stick harder against opponents who don't have any specific defenses against them. I want to be able to hit Jiren with bullshit magic that he can't just shrug off by being stronger the time.

I feel like it's a logical concession necessary to at least maintain the illusion of risk in the chain. Even if most people just rule that they'll never fail their chain just because, it makes the whole thing feel more substantial if there's at least a theoretical condition for failure.

Besides, in a less meta sense, I feel like not being allowed to die, even temporarily, is a pretty fair trade off for being sent from universe to universe becoming progressively more OP forever.

>they don't need many extra easy methods of revival on top of all that too.

No, what we need is the Death rule removed.

Define death for a Jumper then please, I'm actually genuinely curious as to what you see death as.

Considering the community that you know you're in, I don't know what other responses you were expecting.

That's fair actually, but after a point the rule becomes kinda worthless. In the sense that it cannot be enforced due to all the ways around it, or all the ways that can be used to avoid death. I suppose it depends on the individual and how they rule their chain in the end.

>It can do it even if the target is too fast to hit.
I wonder if Schreiber would end up in an eternal game of tag with it.

Attached: Schreiber.jpg (1200x900, 140K)

That depends on what you consider to be "death". For instance, people who "die", but are resuscitated, generally all that happened was that their heart stopped, which halts the flow of blood and thereby oxygen (which is carried by the blood) to the brain and vital organs. These can survive for a (very short amount of) time without oxygen, but will quickly begin to die off. The longer you're "dead", the more your cells die, and the more permanent damage is incurred. This is why, after a period of time without a heartbeat, doctors eventually call it and say you're actually really dead, because at that point you've lost so many brain cells that there's no way to bring you back. And, actually, even in the event that you are brought back, if brain cells have died from a lack of oxygen, you can very easily wake up with brain damage.

Actually, even in very early Jumpchain, we got regeneration perks that would avoid that fate. Hell, one of the very first ways around it was becoming a homunculus from Fullmetal Alchemist, which can basically regenerate from massive body trauma at no cost! And big debates were had about if, like, you had instant regen abilities to regenerate from a single cell/drop of blood/vapor/Majin Buu/whatever, does that count as death? This was, like, way back in the first couple hundred threads, even!

Anyway, for all intents and purposes, death has usually counted as "something you can't come back from", with some variance based on personal opinion, and obviously disregarding outside intervention like "a resurrection spell to be triggered on 'death'" since in that instance you still did actually die.
So, like, if your heart stopped in the hospital, but a doctor brought you back, that wouldn't count as death, because you never passed the point of complete body death.
And, it's been a long while, but I kindof remember Quicksilver being asked about it, and I think he was of the opinion that "Wow, I have no clue. Just go with what makes sense."

Attached: konata-sensei.jpg (300x300, 29K)

Then you don't really need the rule to be lifted then, if you can already find so many ways around it.

Hey Val, how valid are these at these Ranks?

Is he the "always faster than your opponent" guy? I thought that was the blond leader guy who's name I can't spell at the moment.

I'm only one route through the VN, so I'm not familiar with all the super OP guys that needed to be summoned by the swastikas.

I have a dumb question. In one of Fate Hollow/Ataraxia's minigames, there's a weird tiger-dojo-esque side story in which Taiga becomes a servant of Ilya. She then develops a reality marble which lets her turn fights into a Japanese card game, with winning the game functioning as if you had won the fight. So, my question is, would this be a valid reality marble? I don't think I would take it regardless, but it struck out to me when I played so I was curious about what you would rule for it.

I never said to lift the rule, that was other anons. I asked why the rule was such an absolute when even currently we can come back from death. Or at least a short term brain death.

I remember that homunculus thing, there's also the idea that once your body gets durable enough it just wouldn't break down.

Actually this is probably the most concise answer I've seen on the matter. So basically as long as the death is not something impossible to come back from with your own perks (and only your own perks), then it's not fully counted as death?

>Spoiler
Yeah that's him. The one you are thinking of is named Reinhard. His power is to basically make people into his minions and they become eternal so long as he lives or if the enemy doesn't destroy the soul they would just pop back up later on.

Attached: Dies Irae Reinhard.Tristan.Eugen.Heydrich.full.259968.jpg (800x600, 171K)

How would one deal with Crowley and Fiamma in Raildex? I was thinking it'd be a great place for Maiden of Worshipped Wind, given that we have a bunch of extremely powerful gods looking for some kind of contact with the world without crushing it. But then I remembered those two and I've run flat up against a wall.

On a related note, would becoming a Majin or a Level 6 count as staying?

4 u

1: Dragon Ball
Background:
Hermit [100], Demon [200]
Perks:
Hidden Potential, Leaf on the Water [Free], Importance of Control [100], Stone In A River [200], All Is One [300]
Items:
Ox Outfit [Free], Turtle Shell [100]
Drawbacks:
The Jumper Saga

2: Dragon Ball Z
Background:
Guardian, Demon [400]
Perks:
Hidden Power, Ki Training, Crazy Hair, Meditation [Free], The Futon Flew... [Free], Apotheosis [300]
Items:
Outfit, Water [Free], Namekian Trees [Free], Dragon Statue [300]
Drawbacks:
The Saga Continues

3: Dragon Ball GT
Background:
Earth, Shadow Dragon, Avenger
Perks:
Dragon of Darkness: Light, Dragon Princess [Free], A Shell of a Man [200], Power, Hero Shield [Free], Negative World [200], Revenge Made Manifest [300]
Items:
Crystal Sphere [Free], Reborn Homeworld [300]
Drawbacks:
Dragon Ball Jumper Tour

4: Dragon Ball AF
Background:
Racial Import: Shadow Dragon, Hybrid: Saiyan [500], Z Warrior
Perks:
Ki, Willpower [Free], All Day Everyday [Free], Go Further Beyond [Free], Perfected State [300], Space Age Wonders [200], Go All Out [Free]
Drawbacks:
Past Connections

5: Dragon Ball Multiverse
Background:
Universe 6, Newcomer, Majin [700]
Perks:
The Basics, Time for a Tournament [Free], Magic [300]
Items:
Multiversal Manga [Free]

>On a related note, would becoming a Majin or a Level 6 count as staying?
No, but it's really hard and will probably kill you if you try, so you might end up staying anyway. Especially considering becoming a Majin literally has dying as a requirement.

What's the deal with Crowly again? I just remember him as the upside down loli from the anime, but I'm guessing he turns out to be super overpowered or something later in the LN?

The C rank one is good, the A rank one is way too strong without more detail and limits (Being able to buff a area to create an undetermined amount of NP level effects feels far too much like getting multiple NPs)

The EX one is probably fine, depending on how big the area of effect is and whether she can stack it on multiple places at once.

Eeeeeh, dunno. It's a joke thing so I think it'd probably depend on the level of your opponent, being able to work as long as they're not above a certain level of strength.

It's probably just a manic state brought on by better weather, but I'm having a good day.
How's your day going, /jc/?
What are you working on?

Attached: pokemonsterhunter1.jpg (1000x800, 212K)

>Pocketmonster hunter
Not gonna lie, that actually sounds kinda rad

I'm not an expert on Raildex, but... afaik Othinus can warp reality on the entire world in an instant, and she's not considered a 'real' magic god by the others. Crowley beats several true Magic Gods. I think it also involved some kihara plot, but he was considered the best magician for a reason.

Hmm. Now I want to pull out my tools and see what I can forge from the pokemon.

Bout to go out and eat Ethiopian, so that's always a good day in my book.

I'm working on Mars of Destruction. Miraculously, I already have all the perks done. I'll take care of items too if I can stay this productive.

For the A rank one, what limits would you suggest? I was thinking it would be all be temporary, only work inside the Territory, nothing particularly strong, and or all affects the NP produced would have to be actively, continuously maintained as a start.

For the EX one, the size of the area would be the same as what EX Territory Creation could produce. It could potentially be used to produce multiple, but could only use its active control over one at any given time.

> Actually this is probably the most concise answer I've seen on the matter.
I really tried, thanks.

> So basically as long as the death is not something impossible to come back from with your own perks (and only your own perks), then it's not fully counted as death?
Yeah, basically!

I mean, there was some debate about it even back then, but basically people would ask, very honestly (as opposed to baitingly), why would they lose if they could come back instantly with no effort on their part, because like, what even counts as "death" at that point?
And nobody ever really came up with a consensus answer? And QS was really just like, "Instant regen? What? This is way outside what I signed up for, I'm sorry, I was thinking about fox tails."
And so it was just kindof left there.

But that would kindof be the takeaway rule, yeah, unless you want to challenge yourself. Or at least that's the closest interpretation we have?
And, like, it's true that this means that with certain jumps under your belt, it's very easy to basically avoid death forever barring really exceptional circumstances, but that's been a thing since, like, our 200th thread. It's not really new. It's not HARD to break Jumpchain, if you're trying.
So just go with whatever rule makes the best sense for your chain, I guess.

Attached: Konata_Fox_by_BrooklynZB.png (500x400, 84K)

Crowley was the top of the magic side before he decided to bring the Science Side up to the level of being able to create Science Gods.
He's always been essentially the true end-boss that comes after you've cleared the game. Recent events haven't really removed him from that position.

DBZ: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51924150/#51930200

DB: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51581767/#51589329

DBGT, redux: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55248549/#55254364

Drawbacks: Dragonball Jumper Tour, A Hero's Legacy, Taking The Tour, Seven Black Stars, I'm Not Just Saiyan This (1700)

Earth

Android, Scientist, age 22

Antivirus Subscription (Free)
Prototypes Aren't The Best (1600)
Perfected Construction (1400)
Do You Love Me Father (Free)
Gero Expy (1300)
Symbolosis (1100)
Hell Jumper Creator (800)
Capsule Machine (Free)
Machine World (500)
Jump Fighter (0)
Power (Free)

DBAF, redux: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51617431/#51626159

Drawbacks: Past Connections, Disaster Known as Fanon, Frieza's Army, Caught in the Crossfire, Ugly Color Scheme (2100)

Z-Warrior, Racial Import: Shinjin

Ki (Free)
Willpower (Free)
All Day Every Day (Free)
Turtle Style (2000)
Turtle Schooling (1900)
The Art of Ki (1700)
Creation (1500)
Go Further Beyond (1200)
Perfected State (900)
Potential (300)
Training Dummy (Free)
Sacred Water (200)
Z Sword (0)

I hadn't looked back at my builds for these for some time, and was positive they were all some variant of "I tried to fuck off to the sidelines and start a 3-star restaurant chain, sometimes feeding the Z-fighters, and despite wanting no trouble got some anyway". If any contradict that narrative, it is safe to assume it still happened.

I don't think GT changed that much. A Dyson Sphere of YorHa and Machine Lifeforms instead of a planet just means more hands in the cosmic kitchen. I was cooking with such intensity to ignore the ambient stupidity, the first new form I unlocked in AF was probably Ultra Instinct Chef de Cuisine.

But AF itself-oh god, I didn't know what I'd unleashed at the time.

I was NOT prepared for El Hermano, Red Shirt Shaggy and El Grande Padre to book a table for 3. And then demolish my restaurant over an argument about the Spanish language.

Attached: jc9.jpg (1000x1273, 148K)

now tell us what you did

>How's your day going, /jc/?
Barely functional between a herniated disc and the meds to alleviate the pain and muscle spasms from it.

Attached: pkmnhntr151.jpg (850x1275, 192K)

Those effects sound like good limits, depending on how strong you meant the effects to be.

Mmm. I think it'd only work if you had a limit on how many you could make, since they're a huge area and still give benefits even when not controlled.

Pssst. DBZ got updated a while ago. Android is now a race and the original perk got replaced. Plus a few other new things.

Attached: 1510706670610.png (564x526, 155K)

There's a few of these.

Attached: pkmnhntrtye.png (2083x1666, 1.34M)

The NP isn't what's creating the Territories, EX Territory Creation is, if that helps. The NP is just making it go faster and easier. If a hard limit on that is necessary, how about up to three at any one time, so they can be dispelled and replaced if that ever becomes necessary?

Sure, that's fine.

Do reality marbles and noble phantasms have to be combat-oriented? Or can my reality marble just open a doorway to a hotel room to complement my seduction powers?

They don't need to be combat based.

Is there a perk in here for Handsome Face?

Attached: HeavensAnon, I….jpg (834x563, 47K)