What is Exalted?

What is Exalted?
A role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them. Limping along with a "decades between splats" business plan and as of this moment still having only the glorious godking splat, the dragonbloods are a core part of the setting and only coming out after the "solar accessories" book, and published by a company who saw fit to purge all the previous edition's homebrew from the internet simply because they're twats like that.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Previous thread:Homerew MartialArts edition: Anybody know of a Lucha MA? If not I suggest a name along the lines of Feathered Boa Style and challenge you to write one in thread.
not that it matters since the conversation starter is always ignored anyway.

Attached: koc0287.png (341x800, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz
pastebin.com/FCZPQt64
pastebin.com/RPRRWiZN
pastebin.com/XbDnZJjC
pastebin.com/efSM3fYk
pastebin.com/77AXCrFN
pastebin.com/p161yWVA
pastebin.com/A9Kn7bfQ
pastebin.com/bWKh4MCR
pastebin.com/7bavMRkR
pastebin.com/8iCy4Y2J
mediafire.com/file/ya9hcl4h7ev444b/Arms_of_the_Chosen.pdf
mediafire.com/file/qgexgamqs93gpeb/Arms_of_the_Chosen.pdf
exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/ATaxonomyOfMadness
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJbSMU9aEM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Homerew MartialArts edition: Anybody know of a Lucha Libre styled MA? If not I suggest a name along the lines of Feathered Boa Style and challenge you to write one in thread.

i'd help you out with homebrewing shit, but i can't even write up some god charms that i can steal from gods with divine mantle. mostly because my ST is making me do it for gods that share my intimacies at defining level since they'll probably never come up in the story other than when i use their charms.

So Kickstarters usually go up on Tuesdays right? So probably the 27th for Db's then?

Anyone have the Adversaries of the Righteous stuff? Curious about the Lunar one, some of her stuff seems like previews for Lunar charms.

Post Errata Arms of the Chosen PDF would be nice as well, if we're requesting things.

Here's most, if not all the Adversaries and Devils:

Doppelganger: pastebin.com/d8erArwm
Mata-Yadh: pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
Ifraja the Librarian: pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
The Broker: pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
Cynis Borok: pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
Ragara Feria: pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
Strix: pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
Zicnal of the Asmani: pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz
Mouse of the Sun: pastebin.com/FCZPQt64
Rantai: pastebin.com/RPRRWiZN
Fulope: pastebin.com/XbDnZJjC
Elephant/Mammoth: pastebin.com/efSM3fYk
Fang-Blossom: pastebin.com/77AXCrFN
Cloud-Person: pastebin.com/p161yWVA
Metagalapan Riding Hawk: pastebin.com/A9Kn7bfQ
Plentimon's Ladybug: pastebin.com/bWKh4MCR
Ku Nenaveya: pastebin.com/7bavMRkR
Eska of the Seven Blades:pastebin.com/8iCy4Y2J

I miss Keychain of Creation. I hope it gets finished eventually but that seems unlikely.

Never ever. ;_____;

Any idea what he's been doing? None of his quests seem to have updated and he seems to have fallen off the map.

Okay, do they still do the thing where they mark up each pdf so people who post them can get tracked or no?

I don't believe that they do, user.

If I get sued I'm gonna be mad
mediafire.com/file/ya9hcl4h7ev444b/Arms_of_the_Chosen.pdf

Who is your favorite Redness?
Just keep it alive while I work at this
There are removers if you're afraid

Attached: RJ3j4.jpg (626x800, 248K)

Actually good point. Once I see the updated version in the OP mediafires I'll take this down. So whoever's in charge of that I guess

I don't think that person is around anymore? Someone ought to rewrite the OP and remake the pastebin and trove.

Been waiting on this for a while. Thanks, user.

OP Mediafire has been updated (link below). I haven't added the Monthlies becuase I'm waiting for them to be realeased as a compilation.

mediafire.com/file/qgexgamqs93gpeb/Arms_of_the_Chosen.pdf

Ah okay, the monthies that were posted here but not updated to the OP made me think you might have been KIA.

Got a link to those removers?

Understandable.

So I can take down my link now?

You can. Thanks again.

If the file isn't password protected you can delete them right from acrobat. If it is, there's a hundred programs out there, just search for "PF Watermark Remover". If you don't want to do that, convert the PDF to Word, delete the watermark and reconvert to PDF.

>Who is your favorite Redness?
the lunar one

thanks

Rustled Feathers Sell
2m per i saved, MA 1, Ess 1
Reflexive
Withering
Instant
The first step to the practice of the Feathere Boa Style, the effective selling of the enemy attack. After taking withering damage, the wrestler may sacrifice 2 motes per initiative point lost. If he does, he does not lose the initiative point. Up to [stamina] initiative may be preserved this way. The enemy still gains the initiative that would be lost from his attack.

Attached: 200.gif (278x200, 1.09M)

Came here to post this. One of the few webcomics I followed back in the day.

Sudden Response Upset
5m, MA 2, Ess 1
Simple, Clash
Withering
Instant
Prereq Rustled Feather Sell
Seizing the opportunity in the windup of an attack, the wrestler reaches for an upset in the fight. May only be used if RFS was used last turn against opponent Clashing. The wrestler may use his Rush pool instead of his attack pool. The loser of the clash suffers a -1 penalty to all grappling related rolls next turn.

Attached: what happen.gif (373x248, 1.82M)

That sounds more like regular old brawl to me. Clinches, holds, lots of just generic punching.

Mastery : May use on any Clash

Flying Boa Form
10m (1w)
Martial Arts 3, Ess 1
Simple
Form
Scene
Prereq: RFS, SRU
The wrestler takes on the path of righteousness, taking up the fight a step closer to the sun at any opportunity. When in the form, the loser of a clash enhanced by SRU must roll an MA/Brawl+Stamina pool at Difficulty 3 or be knocked prone. The user of this charm may also reflexively initiate a grapple gambit if he wins the clash. A successful grapple made this way may be reflexively ended with a Throw. The user may enhance any Throw made while this form is active by paying one willpower to raise both characters to Short range of the ground before the throw is made. Falling damage applies as normal. The wrestler treats falling damage as one range band lower then usual until the end of that attack.

Special Activation Rules
If the user successfully grapples and throws a non trivial enemy, he may cut the damage that enemy would take from that throw in half in order to activate this charm reflexively.

Rudo form will be reserve for Infernals

Post freeze bump

Jukashi recovered, did a few things, then vanished. Probably working on Tian Shang for an actually competent system for Exalted.

I'm calling it, he was a Sid and his Resplendant Destiny's gone out of date.

I hope you guys realize that Jukashi stopped drawing because he was raped by tendonitis and has lasting damage from it. He hasn't stopped working on creative endeavors altogether, but a comic isn't going to happen because his arm is not the same anymore.

How do you fucking do that? Is he 70? How can your body be so weak?

If you had actually read anything about tendonitis you'd know it's a persistent motherfucker. Dude changed his lifestyle and still hadn't recovered after weeks so he tried various medications, none worked. It had been months at this point so he tried surgery. The surgery worked in so much that he's no longer in pain and has his old range of motion back, but it also fucked up his arm. His finesse, his hand-eye coordination is shot. Ain't his fault, life sucks.

I had a complete biceps tendon tear. It took a year to recover full range of motion and strenght, but recovered nonetheless. If you can recover from that, why wouldn't you be able to recover from an incomplete tear? If you live in a civilized country and worked a day in your life the government should even cover the cost.

It's been like four years since I read his forum posts about this, so I may be incorrect, but I believe the cause of the problem is the surgeon done fucked up and damaged his nerves.

Well fuck, that's a difference case. I hope he's doing well, that sounds like a death sentence.

Like I said, he still does creative work, for which he gets paid.

What has Jukashi done recently? Did he continue making homebrew shit after Third Edition came out?

What sort of armor would one get in Chiaroscuro?
Outside of like a thick-padded shirt which honestly seems to be like everywhere in Creation.

if you want to play up a stereotype, Chiaroscuro loves their glass.

Otherwise lamellar seems fine?

It's popular cause it works, who hasn't heard of gambesons these days. But if you covered those in Chia glass you'd get some dank light armor. Maybe make it Medium with no Mobility penalty or something.

Right I didn't mean just armor types but designs as well.

>using a question mark instead of a period

Attached: stop it.jpg (456x386, 80K)

Hard angles, pattern etching on glass, layered plates. Probably not many "full" features like single piece gorget and breastplate, more styled like faulds, laminar and lamellar. I would stay away from going full Jap because that's Lookshy's thing.

Attached: 14222344_774856285989393_4661978532144308604_n1.jpg (456x498, 55K)

how would you make a 1cd that exists only in reflections(or possibly with the ability to enter reflections), related somehow to szoreny

I'm thinking like blake in pact or hiku in naruto

1 and 2e are good too, I'm looking for inspiration more than something to port into 3e directly, but it'd help if they were balanced for their edition at least

I'm still clinging to hope.

Anyone got that picture of Perfect Soul kneeling in Sol's temple?

exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/ATaxonomyOfMadness Nothing like you want I'm afraid, but there's a lot of homebrew here

>an actually competent system for Exalted
But 3e is already out, user.

In all likelihood he just moved on. Doesn't find that sort of comic interesting anymore, wants to do other things.

It's page 34 of the 3e pdf.

I would take a template from the Quick Character section of the main 3e book and then read every section. I would then copy each section in a Google Doc, erase the numbers, and decide which one would be good for the feeling I'm trying to evoke, based on the rules that are given. I would finally create three or four charms related to the thematics I want, with really evocative names if I can find them.

In the eventuality that you get 4 players with 5 Influence, how would you bring these 4 Khangz together?

Attached: xps_mmd_four_kings_by_tokami_fuko-da1hr17.png (745x1073, 353K)

I've been looking for an Artifact that somebody wrote up several months ago (shortly after the release of Arms of the Chosen, I think). It was a soulsteel firewand that was fluffled as a lantern with a ghostly flame or something inside. The person who wrote it made a several-page pdf containing the artifact itself and a whole evocation tree, as well as a image of the weapon. Has anybody seen this thing? I don't think I just hallucinated its existence, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

nvm found it homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJbSMU9aEM

Look up elder scroll glass armor concept designs, they get pretty wild.

Attached: 1520281693025.jpg (1280x2218, 306K)

bump

Doesn't look very protective

So we're still searching for a competent system.

Which is perfect for exalted; armor doesn't need to look practical, just look pretty.

Who teaches Dreaming Pearl Courtesan style Veeky Forums?
No one is immune to turning into a fish/dragon monstrosity and loosing themselves to the martial art so... How are there students of this style? Or dojos for it?

Does it? If you don't have Hardness and shit even a lucky mortal can get to you

i believe they're referring to the fact that a Solar craftsman could turn basically anything into artifact armor.

Who taught the first Snake style?
I think that DPC Style is one of those things that cannot be taught, only learned.
Or that it is taught, but only Exalted can use Essence to unleash the true power behind it i.e. turning into the fucking dream-chimera and disregarding the waking world for the dream.

A wise master should, presumably, try to use ICC as little as possible. Not only that, you're only at risk when you die with ICC active so really it's the same difference if you're using it or not when you die.
I can only assume Dream Pearl Courtesan is taught by matron DB courtesans, in the age of sorrow.

Isn't how it works in 3e that the majority of martial artists for any given martial art are mortals? So, like, the average teacher of Dreaming Pearl Courtesan is probably some old courtier or assassin teaching you mundane (if potentially supernatural when charged with essence) methods to fight unarmed and with improvised weapons.

This might be a stupid question, but do committed motes have to come from the Personal pool, or can they be Peripheral? Is this the same in 2e as it is in 3e?

Committed motes can come from anywhere, you just can't split

Can Lunars use their attribute excellencies to enhance attribute-based statistics? Can the Strength Excellency be used to pump raw damage? Can the Stamina excellency be used to temporarily bump soak? Can the Appearance Excellency be used to overcome someone's resolve easier?

Thus far it looks to be half stamina round up to soak, the devs have commented on finding solutions to the others though we haven't seen them

How did it work in previous editions? I'm getting into 2e/2.5e and I think I saw some mention of that.

Don't bother making another thread until BD kikestarter is out

There is nothing worse in the entire fandom than the Delzhan. [That's how you spell that right?] Not even the child-raping Ebon Dragon thing made me as angry as they do because at least the writers openly stated that he was a villain.

Nice hot take there bud.

If I'm wrong then prove it.

Not him, but...

Attached: proof chicken.jpg (956x631, 66K)

>tribe of transgenders who fucking murder anyone who fails to use their preferred pronoun once after being told not to.
>"they are seen as noble heroes"

Exalted was always good because it was absurd, but written by people who had a basic understanding of how people react to things. The Delzhan would have either been wiped out by their neighbors or banned from entering their settlements lest they murder an innocent child for failing to interpret what a specific grey outfit means to one isolated tribe that shares a culture with fucking no one.

The new NPC's are usually the end of the month right? I just might end up buying this one if it ends up being the third circle demon

Sorry the book doesn't slap trigger warnings at the front for you user.

>tribe of transgenders

Managed to say two wrong things in three words, impressive.

First off, taking the grey isn't being transgender. It's taking on the social obligations of the opposite sex to gain the social benefits of the opposite sex. It has nothing to do with what the person taking the grey identifies as. The Delzahn have incredibly strict gender roles that don't let certain jobs be done by the wrong sex. Only men fight, so what happens when you have a woman who is an incredibly good warrior? Their only option is the take the grey and be treated as a man so they can fight, the culture allows that. But if they get to fight like a man, they have to take on all the other shit of a man and lose the benefits of being a woman.

Secondly, the whole tribe doesn't do it, in fact it's considered unusual "but no more than one who is left-handed or has mismatched eyes." Those two examples vary wildly but that's someone between 1 in 10 and 1 in 1000. It's something that happens but isn't something everyone does by any stretch.

Third, when it comes to Prince Diamond's reaction to people people not recognizing it, as you even said, an explanation is given when someone uses the incorrect pronouns "hey, actually a dude, it's fine you didn't know but now that I told you I would find it to be an act of the utmost disrespect if you did it again." Which is outlandish, yeah, and there are plenty of cultures all over the Creation that have weirdly specific things that they find disrespectful. Since the Delzahn are a warrior culture, threatening violence is a pretty go to response from a cultural perspective in a Bronze Age setting.

I typed all of this up in the vain hope that you aren't just a triggered asshole worried about the SJW boogieman and actually someone who just didn't take the time to read about something that has been in the setting for years.

So, I'm hoping to build a character who deals with fights via battlegroups of summoned demons. There are just one or two things that I need a bit of clarification on.

Firstly, is there a better demon to summon than blood apes for combat purposes, or are they basically the go-to sorcerous foot-soldier?

Secondly, I've decided to go for summoned demons over summoned elementals because demons can dematerialize and materialize easily while elementals can't, but is this more issue than it's worth? Like, if I'm being followed through the market by 60 dematerialized blood apes, is the local city god gonna wreck my shit?

Thirdly, and this is really just a continuation of the second question, how does materialize work with battlegroups? The FAQ said battlegroups can't activate charms, but does that cover something as basic as the battlegroup materializing as one at the beginning of combat?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

I have been wildly misinformed. That's nowhere near as bad as I'd heard. Thank you man.

You heard about their unique thing and grabbed pitchfork. Happens to the best of us, but remember that next time someone sells you the newest hot take on "SJWs are killing the industry" conspiracy theories.

The wilful lack of context is where SJW such as yourself err. Not as much an error made in good faith, but an unwillingness to admit the broader implications. That constant and pervading hypocrisy is why people don't like you as a rule.

The Delzahn were always a part of Exalted, that is true. They weren't a huge part of Exalted, always here in passing ; nonetheless, they were there. When people laugh at the 3e lineup, they aren't raging against the very existence of Delzahn. If nothing else because they aren't raging at all: they are laughing, at the devs first, at you second. They find it funny, and ironic, and somewhat retarded, and also autistic, and they mock you, not at the thought of a tribe of transgender, but at the whole enterprise.

I will remind you that in the 3e lineup, we have a brown barbarian, a black queen of a black kingdom, a black woman, and a trans. Each of them have the right to exist in Exalted and stem from pre-existing lore. Taken together, their horrendous design and obvious pandering is very amusing to anyone who is actually a long-term Exalted fan.

It would be an insult to intelligence to say those character aren't pandering to SJWs. An insult to intelligence SJWs do again and again, because they quite like to insult intelligence. Probably goes with the hypocrisy.

Anyway, this has gone so far that they are asking the queen of cheesy Exalted pinup to draw a tumblr reject. Again, people are laughing, though the SJWs don't seem to quite grasp the irony of the situation.

Attached: 1521059875844.png (811x1026, 676K)

>each of you rule over four factions
>you've met at the white table, to negotiate a pact
>after a bit of discussing, you're interrupted by a commotion outside, and several of your servants bust into the room - they seem panicked
>an hour ago, a massive catastrophy laid waste to all the nearby lands as a giant monster rose from the earth
>how shall you, kings of men, defeat such an opponent?

True true absolutely. Mind you, I still agree that SJWness has no place in any game, but that doesn't change the fact that this is NOT an incident of it. Bait for it? Maybe, but it's actually a really cool idea from what you told me.

Dude, where's your point? I'm waiting?

For what it's worth, I was another random guy.
I really don't think it's going to be done other than more vague shit about pandering. A thing that's only inexcusable if it's done for the sake of brown people, women, or whatever. Because I didn't see this level of megabitching about all the titty art from 2e. And I liked that titty art, don't get me wrong. I hope they get Uran to do some more good tittyart.

Seriously, I get pandering can be annoying, but Exalted's always pandered to multiple groups aggressively. This isn't new.

Dereth are only component of the Delzahn. Mostly they're just Seljuks my dude.

Or, you know, his hands don't work anymore. That's what stopped him in the first place.

I miss him.

>Firstly, is there a better demon to summon than blood apes for combat purposes, or are they basically the go-to sorcerous foot-soldier?
They are, sort of, but there's other combat-ready breeds of demons. What are you looking for, especifically?

>Secondly, I've decided to go for summoned demons over summoned elementals because demons can dematerialize and materialize easily while elementals can't, but is this more issue than it's worth? Like, if I'm being followed through the market by 60 dematerialized blood apes, is the local city god gonna wreck my shit?
IIRC Blood Apes are the worst possible choice for dematerialized bodyguards because even while immaterial there's obvious signs of their presence.

>Thirdly, and this is really just a continuation of the second question, how does materialize work with battlegroups? The FAQ said battlegroups can't activate charms, but does that cover something as basic as the battlegroup materializing as one at the beginning of combat?
I guess they materialize for free at the start of combat. Ask your ST, I guess.

Now a more difficult question
How would you bring 1 king together with 3 total hobos I mean ronins?
Hard Mode: No destroying his kingdom

>Seriously, I get pandering can be annoying, but Exalted's always pandered to multiple groups aggressively. This isn't new.
Yeah, it's not new, and it's not inherently a problem either. Problems start if pandering is all there is to characters, if they don't have real depth or personality in addition to whatever features they have meant to pander to specific groups. From what we know about 3E NPCs, they do appear to have some personality and nuance to them. They seem just fine to me.

It depends on characters in question, but some kind of a tournament organized by the king to find a bodyguard who could offer an Exalted ruler maningful protection might be a decent starting point. If the king is a warrior, a tournament meant to just find him a worthy opponent or sparring partner would serve the same purpose.

I'd say yes because 2e lunars need it

false. halta is objectively worse

to be fair, longterm exalted fans have little intelligence to insult. exalted has always been like that. holdmork's "lets make 1e great again" delusion is just catching themselves in the area effect of "glories that never were" (those fiends) which they only used to justify their autistic reeee-ing purge of "badwrongfun"