>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Does your party spend downtime and leisure time together, or do they do their own thing with their own friends? Do they get along on a non-professional basis?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_july_shichigatsu__7cfc498119ab4ee90ee473a22bdc4c6a.jpg (2512x1298, 3.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Genasi#Dread_Genasi
1d4chan.org/wiki/Keptolo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, after 4 months of "yeah we'll get back to it eventually" I think it's safe to say that my IRL group of 5 years is finally dead. Are online groups really as bad as people say they are? Can they be as good as IRL games with your friends?

What level of artistic non-realism is allowed in your character art? How anime/non-anime can they get?

Attached: finefighter.png (700x800, 639K)

I need someone with a doctorate to explain to me what the fuck is going on with elf genitals that they can do that but still produce viable offspring with humans.

>Are online groups really as bad as people say they are?
Sometimes.
>Can they be as good as IRL games with your friends?
Depends on how shitty your friends are.

I found a good online group but every other group I've tried hasn't gotten farther than 1 session.

>Genetically speaking, how would this D&D race..

Attached: 1384466867467.jpg (640x616, 54K)

very few elves can do it

also god magic

Anons, I want to try and convert a planetouched race from 3e; anyone got any suggestions?

The race in question was the Dread Genasi - a variant genasi based off of the Dread Elementals of Ravenloft.

Blood Elementals are tainted water elementals made of living gore, who can suck the blood out of people they touch. In 3e, Blood Genasi could track bleeding creatures as if they had Scent and cast (reflavored) Grease 1/day, and had a unique racial feat to cast (reflavored) Gaseous Form 1/day.

Grave Elementals are corrupted earth elementals who can cause people to be dragged underground by skeletal hands, where they suffocate. Grave Genasi had no need to breathe, the ability to cast Soften Earth & Stone 1/day, a racial feat that gave them +4 natural armor, and a racial feat that let them cast Stinking Cloud 1/day.

Pyre Elementals are violent, destructive fire elementals who can animate corpses as burning zombies/skeletons. Pyre Genasi did +1 fire damage with their melee attacks, 1 fire damage/round when grappling, could cast Produce Flame 1/day, had a racial feat to grant them Fire Resistance 5, and another racial feat that gave them the ability to cast Fire Shield (Flame) 1/day.

Mist Elementals are foggy air elementals who can force an alignment switch to Evil on anyone they touch. Mist Genasi could cast Obscuring Mist 1/day, lessened the concealment from fog & mist, had a racial feat that let them cast Fog Cloud 1/day, and another racial feat that made them better at Mistwalking.

So, Yeah, I'm really open to suggestions on how to take this race and work it over to 5e, because they had some pretty interesting "dark fantasy" fluff.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Genasi#Dread_Genasi

It's Wizards. When has internal consistency ever been a concern for them, much less when it comes for the purposes of niche wish fulfillment?

It's not magic, user. It's engineered biology.

WotC didn't come up with half-elves.

Anons? Quick question: I'm developing a Frostfell region for my campaign, and I want to add wolverine-people as the resident savagely feral carnivorous freaky tribals - can I get away with just reskinning Gnolls?

Especially since I prefer to use 4e's Playing Gnolls as my fluff, and thus these "Gulons" can likewise use that same "some are Cryonax-worshipping monsters, others are savage but still decent folk" sort of approach?

>still no playable mantis people
I know someone at WotC said they had to add them eventually, but there's so little actually added to this edition in general. I hope he didn't change his mind.

cite a page number, then

In the new video about the Drow, Crawford says that "some" elves are blessed by Corellon and are able to decide their sex after a long rest between male, female and "neither."
If a female Elf wants to keep a baby I imagine she will have to choose to remain a female for the duration. Which might explain why Elves aren't known for their fecundity. Who wants to be the one stuck walking around with a baby and all the physiological baggage for 9 months?

Anons? Two simple questions about tieflings & homebrew:

First: is it overpowered to let tieflings switch their size to Small or take the Powerful Build trait?

Second: if I wanted to convert the unique tiefling strains from Pathfinder - oni-blooded, kyton-blooded, etc - would I be better off using the rather clunky tiefling subrace rules, or just making them as entirely new PC races?

Doesn't answer my question.
They don't care. They've never cared. They just throw things at people and keep what sticks.

Can't. The book isn't out yet.

Attached: Con-5.gif (310x760, 24K)

alright then stop flipping a shit about it until we know how it works

It's kind of both isn't it

So, out of curiosity, being aware that fennec-people were actually a thing in AD&D (Lupin Vermin Hunter breed, from Dragon #237), I was inspired to give making 5e version a shot. How overpowered would you rank this as?

Fennekin
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
Size: Small
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Desert Born: You are Acclimatized to Extreme Heat, which means you are immune to the Exhaustion loss caused by Extreme Heat (DMG pg 110). Additionally, you only need a half of a gallon of water per day, or one gallon in hot weather, and have Advantage on the Constitution save against Exhaustion caused by not drinking sufficient daily water.
Keen Hearing: You add double your Proficiency bonus to Perception checks based on hearing, but suffer Disadvantage on saving throws against the Deafened condition.
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check or saving throw, you can reroll the dice and must use the new roll.

For comparison, back in AD&D, Fennecs looked like this:
+2 Dex, -2 Str
Movement Value 6
Bite attack that inflicts 1d2 damage
Infravision 60 feet
83% chance to detect if a person is a werewolf
+2 bonus to detecting invisible and ethereal beings
Free proficiency in Blind-Fighting
Tracking skill equal to one-third Wisdom (rounded up) with a Ranger adding a bonus of +3
Can recognize a race by smell with an Intelligence check with a +2 bonus and a given individual in the same manner with an Intelligence check with a -2 penalty
-1 penalty to saving throws vs. odor or sound-based attacks
Hear Noise Proficiency of 40% + 2% per level
1/day, can reroll a single dice result for itself, an ally or an enemy

It's just gay elf magic as usual.

Attached: magic.jpg (720x479, 57K)

>First: is it overpowered to let tieflings switch their size to Small or take the Powerful Build trait?
Only if you don't make them take the hit to move speed that comes with being Small.
>oni-blooded, kyton-blooded
I have no idea what those are but I'd give it a go making subraces and only make them unique races if that totally fell apart.

>83% chance to detect if a person is a werewolf
So anything but 1 on 1d6.

Aside from it being a furry race, it looks fine. If anything it's slightly underpowered.

>Small / 30 ft
This is an important advantage already; most small races (outside of goblins and kobolds) have 25 ft speed.
Desert Born is unnecessarily complex. "You are acclimatized to desert climates. You ignore the effects of hot weather and require only half the water other creatures do." Alternately, you can just grant them resistance to fire damage, which also confers immunity to the effects of extreme heat.
For consistency's sakes with other abilities, I'd change Keen Hearing to Advantage on perception checks based on hearing.

I feel like there's one extra thing too much but otherwise I think it's fine.

Hey Veeky Forums first time poster here, not sure if this is the right place but wanted to share this with y'all.

>Group of six of us, all new and all at varying levels of skill, some players barely know how to play their character, but it's mostly casual and for fun
>DM is new to it as well
>DM decides to add another player to an already bloated team that is leagues better than most of us
>Homebrews an overpowered class that we have to scale way back after the first session when she nearly one shots a miniboss
>We're playing a heavily modded version of Curse of Strahd and we're in his castle, invited to eat dinner with him, and after a lengthy dinner chat he offers us to join with him
>New players character is an edgy bloodborne vampire hunter that get's mad, gets up to leave, and when the door is locked tries to shoot Strahd out of nowhere without warning
>Strahd turns out to be an illusion and we have to go fight him in another room
>Vampire hunter runs ahead and we all have to basically chase after her and the result is half of our party barely makes it into the doorway while our Gnoll tank and vampire hunter pretty much solos strahd.
>Basically a battle our party has been waiting since October to fight was ruined by this character that went rogue that's been with us for only 3 sessions
>Had the DM been harsher on us it might've resulted in TPK.

Anyone here ever had to deal with something similar? Some of us feel like she's ruining the dynamic and her style of play just doesn't work.

Also my character has reason to be pissed at her character but I'm also pissed off about it and I'm not sure how to approach it without meta gaming hard.

Punch the player in the face and tell her she's a cunt.

>Showing up to a new DM's game with a homebrew

That Girl.

How much of this has been communicated with the DM?

>homebrewing a class for a new player when you're an inexperienced DM
He fucked up.

Attached: oh shit nigger.jpg (366x380, 18K)

Never never never never let a player brew their own class without documenting that the DPR is at or below the level of an average character. You need to tell your DM this over and over until they'RE not retarded.

Anons? I want to convert Keptolo for use as a deity in my 5e setting; what do I actually need to do?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Keptolo

Appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, finding werewolves is traditionally an important skill amongst lupins.

Isn't a racial trait in 5e supposed to be as strict and clear as possible in its racial writeup? Although, personally, I don't mind just giving them Fire Resistance, which is more specifically useful.

As for Keen Hearing, I hear you, I just thought it maybe was better to homage their former penalties and proficiencies in one racial trait.

Just say he's in your setting, done. Deities don't have any mechanical effect on anything in the game in 5e.

Fire Resistance is probably a bit much on top of all the other stuff.

>Isn't a racial trait in 5e supposed to be as strict and clear as possible in its racial writeup?
Yes, but if your racial trait requires such strict delineation it could do with simplification. 5e's core trait compared to previous editions is simplicity. The Goliath and Triton both have similar traits to your planned Fennekin abilities and aren't nearly as wordy (though Triton's has been confusing).

But what domains does he have for Clerics? Just Trickery, or something else? Heck, should I homebrew something?

Not much. I told the DM that I thought she was still overpowered after the Nerf and his response was that she knows how to min max, which is the issue. She intentionally made a powerful as fuck character in a session with complete newbies. Her class is basically a fighter with a high powered rifle, so now we have this super skilled player next to a fighter that spends most of his turns using his crossbow.

Like at the dinner scene, the player had to bring up the point that if we were dressed nice we shouldn't be wearing armor and that we need to lower our ACs and she constantly tries to tell the DM lessons and stuff. If this were a skilled group it would be fine but right now it's basically a pro swimmer bitching at a bunch of kids at a community pool.

just out of curiosity did we ever get any kind of confirmation about spell jammer coming to 5e or was it just a bunch of theories?

I would remove lucky, to be honest. That's a halfling thing, and it doesn't fit as cohesively with the rest of the race.

You did read the part where they could reroll a single dice result of theirs or an enemy's once per day back in AD&D, right?

Halflings have Lucky now, but it's still an appropriate racial trait for these Fennecs if using their AD&D stats as a base.

Yeah, Trickery is the only 5e domain that would really make sense based on that description.

Any ideas as to what this is?

Attached: from the shadows.jpg (960x663, 17K)

no i didn't but in my defense you're responding to the wrong dude so i don't know why i would have.

They also have a bite attack, the ability to detect werewolves, no disadvantage against enemies who are invisible to you (Blindfighting) and have an innate tracking ability. You're going to have to choose what to cut down on and Lucky seems less in tune with the rest of the racial abilities.

Whats the word on (non-kensei) monk weapons? Is quarter staff considered best?

Chupacabra

Thoughts on multiclassing a level 5 bard with 2 fighter levels to get action surge?

I've seen split thoughts on multi-classing in general.

In case you don't see it in the last thread, go right ahead.

For context

Attached: from the shadows facebook.png (540x586, 81K)

And same thing here. In case you don't see it in the last thread, off to bed now, so I'll check out your app tomorrow!

What kind of bard? As memorization-type casters, the Bards' greatest strength derives from magical secrets, and you will be fairly significantly delaying your spellcasting progression for this segue. Unless you're a lore bard (which will allow you to get magical secrets early), you will be significantly weakening your combat abilities.
That said, the fighting style, medium armor proficiency and action surge are actually very helpful, and fighter is generally an easy class to multiclass into. In terms of pure stats hexblade will give you medium armor proficiency as well, with offensive cantrips that mesh better with your charisma, but narratively it's much easier to justify your bard getting some martial training from one of the other players.

Fiend of some sort.

He's a halfling bard.

Story wise it kinda works because he's a scrappy little bastard. The DM was nice enough to let me respec him as a Lore bard from Sword bard since fighter would give me alot of that stuff anyway. Also college of swords kinda sucks if you ask me.

I was thinking
Bard 5 Fighter 1
Bard 6 Fighter 1 for magical secrets
Bard 6 Fighter 2 for action surge and then Bard from that point on.

>can I get away with just reskinning Gnolls?

Yes

la creatura...

Can I please hear some opinions on whether or not you think Devil's Sight should work with Hunger of Hadar?

Attached: oldgods.jpg (1200x848, 892K)

You'll be one spell level below a full caster for the rest of the game up until the higher levels you'll probably never reach, but you won't have to invest so much in dex, so I don't think it's a bad idea.

I would argue it doesn't. The flavor of the Blackness is a portal to another dimension/plane, so it's less that you're looking into darkness than that you're looking into a hole in which there is something black.

So my bard already has a pretty high DEX. I believe it's a 18 right now.

Is there any other way to get Action surge? Also what are some good spells to dip into for magical secrets?

>Is there any other way to get Action surge?
>Also what are some good spells to dip into for magical secrets?
Haste to both questions. Haste gives you another action. It's weaker than action surge in that it limits the actions you can take with it and it's concentration, but it also lasts a full minute instead of one turn.
As to your other magical secret, that depends on the role you want to play.

Reading over it I actually really like that spell.

That leads to my final question. When spells say "You can use this on a creature" does that include yourself? For instance can I give myself Enhance ability?

yes to both questions.

>only elves that can change gender at will are the ones blessed by Corellon
It's just a limited version of the "Master of Myriad Forms" invocation, isn't it?

Yep, unless it specifies otherwise

Fuck yeah.

Thanks for the advice guys.

It's always warm to receive helpful tips from Veeky Forums of all places.

But you can still go it in an antimagic field.

Abyssal Stalker?

It says "creatures fully within the area are blinded" and doesn't make an exception for the ability to see in magical darkness, so I would say no.

As long as its not chibi or something I am fine with it.

>your character art?
people use character art for anything other than just having a general idea of showing the group what your character looks like or for getting inspiration?

bloodborne had a more impressive score IMO. They even used a live orchestra for 100% of it.

I picked the best ones out of my playlist because I didn't want to post a wall of embeded links. My fuller list is Bloodborne OST, Witcher OST, Made in Abyss OST, King Arthur (movie) OST and some random boss entrance themes. Maybe some westworld as idle music.

That sounds pretty fun actually.

Some people want to literally be the person in the image. It gets really frustrating when it's a videogame or anime character you recognize.

Attached: loli2.png (555x399, 254K)

The problem is that when Chad rolls up to the table after drama class and starts playing up his voice despite being a Barbarian with 8 Charisma, he outshines the Bard being played by the somewhat shy fellow who speaks in character but is fairly brief and not bodacious as all hell.

Encourage roleplay, but don't ignore the mechanical facets of the game that are intended to create a level playing field.

I'm planning an encounter where the party fights two magical fighter twins where one powers up if the other goes down. What would be some good power up for them to get?

I'm putting together a short couple sessions where the PCs are children getting into trouble in the same town as the usual party. Are there any references for particularly low-powered characters? How would you go about this idea? I'm considering low stat totals and making "level 0" versions of classes, but I wanted to avoid tweaking a bunch of crap if there are better ideas I overlooked.

Attached: 1520804359988.jpg (1025x1000, 520K)

I had a new guy in my group call his dwarf barbarian Mithrandir. I was so fucking tilted.

Agni and Rudra

Base stats of 8, most likely.

we also wouldn't want it to swing the other way either.
>social autist plays a bard with +12 persuasion
>asks if he can convince the dude to let them pass
>What do you tell him user! You cant just roll for it!
I've yet to find a good balance between stats and roleplaying ability but when I find it I'll probably post it here.

Whoops didnt mean to quote there.
Something like that yeah but they are both fire guys. Not magical enough to be talking swords controlling demon bodies though.

What kind of beholder gets made from a dream about a dragon? Any pre5e precedent for this?

Attached: FUNNEL.pdf (PDF, 1.56M)

man, does the DM even allow that shit?

Anons, I'm building a world for my own gaming enjoyment. Can I get some feedback on the races present by continent?

*Daggerland (Main Continent)
>Humans
>Minotaurs
>Cogsoul (Competent Tinker) Gnomes
>Mountain Gnomes (Dwarves)
>Forest Gnomes
>Haffuns (Rabbitfolk)

*Hordeland
>Hobgoblins
>Goblins
>Gremlins

*Isle of Catastrophe (Mournland Mad Max Australia)
>Ratfolk
>Junkers (warforged expies)

*Dark Continent (Pulp Africa)
>Hutaakans (Slaaneshi necromancer jackalfolk)
>Gnolls
>Fennekin (fennec-folk)
>Sun Elves
>Gorgons
>Kobolds
>Tondi (orchid mantis thri-kreen)

*Gloomlund (Sylvania expy)
>Dhampirs
>Shadar-kai
>Fetches (half-ghost)
>Ghuls (half-ghoul)
>Mortif

*Ryutochi (China/Japan mash-up)
>"Lungborn" (Dragonborn based on Lung Dragons)
>Kitsunes
>Tanuki
>Oni
>"Nekomusume" (tigerfolk)
>"Grassblades" (militant rabbitfolk)
>Wukong (monkeyfolk)

*The Unexplored North
>Gulons (wolverinefolk)
>Goliaths

*The Moon
>Moon Elves
>Netherborn (warforged expies made from stillborn elves)

>items are split between them, when one dies the joined items combine or fly to him
>they have a phoenix style rebirth, when one dies the other absorbs them, 2 dudes 1 body, double the actions
>if they don't die together they get back up at half health
>they are secretly an ancient fire giant split in two, killing one releases his full power and size

Not since i talked to him about it. I don't mind references, but ask the group before you finalize things. My last character was named Nimitz, but none of the players know their history for shit so it was fine.

Probably some monster or race related to the shadowfell. The bestiary section of Tome of Foes is supposed tonbe thick with denizens of that gloom in counter balance to the thickly fey Guide to Monsters.

Maybe the return of the Caliban?

The moon elves and their warforged expues fascinate me. Assuming stigma or class system being the repurposed dead? Or are they more plentiful than their elven creators?

Hmm... looks kind of like an Oni to me. There were two oni breeds unique to the Shadowfell in 4th edition; the necromantic Spiritmaster and the Souleater. Kind of reminds me of the latter, honestly.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the Caliban return, especially if they come up with better crunch for it than just "reflavor the half-orc".

They're growing to be more plentiful than their elven creators. Long story short, as part of their dying race schtick, moon elves breed as frequently as humans do.. .but only 1 in 100 babies are born alive. When 108 of the soul-shards of these stillborn infants are inserted into a memorial-construct, it kindles to life as a Netherborn.

I want to throw bodaks at my noob players, but i don't want them to find out about the instant death the hard way. What's a good way to hint at their ability and it's weakness without straight out telling them?

I might mix the first two of those together.

A living testanent to their decline. Neat.

So...hordelands. Ruling warbands, disparate factions, orc Khan raiding the steppes and conquering gob lands from his yurt? Are humans only on the dagger place?

>only part of our group can make it this week
>DM prepared a filler one-shot
>it's based on me playing my now dead Necromancer, the others being clones of my character in various stages of undeath and the DMPC being Alfred Bonesworth, who is apparently now my old Mansion's buttler

I am really not sure if I should be happy/honored about my group liking my old character that much or if it's weird.

It sounds fun as fuck. Our old DM would only give us generic dungeon crawls as fillershit.

Should I see myself out?

Attached: Character.png (387x396, 297K)

I'd like to play a Goliath paladin because I like the idea of being a gigantic, towering, menacing warrior of light. Is it a good idea or are they a poor race for paladins in terms of stats/lore compatibility?

Attached: 1436211247188.jpg (800x745, 259K)