What's the biggest problem with the TT community is facing right now?

What's the biggest problem with the TT community is facing right now?

Attached: 1517643725402.jpg (240x202, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/hexer/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/p28RKOir55zDAVbhSbJV_w/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shitposting and frogposting.

Fuck off, frogposter.

Feeble attempts at infiltration from /pol/ and more successful attempts at infiltration from the same groups who tried to ruin video games. It is a hobby under assault from both the left and the right.

Attached: woosh you have smol pener.png (500x337, 87K)

Veeky Forums's newer userbase

Autism interacting with the same uncompromising hyperpartisanized shit that the rest of the greater western community is facing.

I fear tabletop games will have the same /pol/ infiltration that video games had

The myth that tabletop games have a culture and even if they did, the idea that culture is worth defending.

It's facing the same problem it has always had.

>Outside social pressures and stigma (before christfags, now SJWs)
>Only has one major franchise (D&D) with little room for others games or systems
>Niche as fuck

>The people making them want to push their agenda
>A dedicated group of autists would rather use them to push their agenda
>Tau

Attached: 1513662363550.jpg (787x720, 115K)

You, OP.

You are the biggest problem the TT community is facing right this very moment.

Solve it by killing yourself.

More and more blatant corporatization of tabletop games with bigger companies subtly seeking to expand player bases by making small compromises with their IP integrity and smaller companies fucking up by being unpractised with proper monetization of their games.

Also kickstarter scams.

Nomalfags latching onto the latest trend which right now happens to be tabletop

spbp

Grognards shaking in their boots over normal, well adjusted people having the same hobby as them.

Its a cycle really, we'll move on to a more obscure hobby and then once the normalfags have finished destroying TT they'll follow us to the next hobby and destroy that one. This too.

Attached: Anime_2aea18_6525113[1].gif (500x281, 2.24M)

Not this Grognard, I was there for the big D&D boom of '81-'83 when it seemed like everyone played tabletop. I was also there for the swift collapse into "that nerd game" oblivion, where I had to play with B.O. guy and creepy mumbler who always makes little girl characters and fuckers like that, and eventually watch the hobby get taken over by "muh build" autists despite a brief upswing in hot goth chicks playing Vampire in the 90s.
Now there's a chance things'll improve again, and I'm all for it. Most of my best tabletop experiences over the years have been with "normies." If they have to placate the pronoun retards to make it acceptable to the public, I really don't give two shits.

This
It is and it isn't like that. Just like with video games wants it becomes a normie thing rather than a niche thing it all goes downhill. No one puts any love into it anymore because normies are eating all the shit up and loving it. So now everything caters to the lowest common denominator and becomes normie shit , and normies looooove playing rehashed shit

fuck that, why is /VG down?

This

That's not why video games declined. Video games declined because they started getting overproduced and bloated. Back when video games were good you could read the credits on the title screen

I know for a fact that those games don't appeal to normies, because most of the normies I've met like indie games and retro games

Some boards are malfunctioning, those boards will be deleted

In 10 hours

Attached: shock everybody.gif (256x192, 985K)

God i hope /pol/ is one of them.

ah, fuck, thats going to take forever.

No, it just mean more people are exposed to the medium, and a more popular form (D&D) becomes more simplified at worst.
>Video games are Normie.
There is nothing wrong with this. My Roommate in college loved Madden and CoD. It's a simple fun game meant for mass enjoyment and it turns a profit. There are still good video games being made, and although you might have been too young to remember, videogames have always been a cash grab. For every Metriod Prime or Halo Combat evolved, you had Tarzan or Jaws Unleashed. We just remember the good games and thing that they specifically were more handcrafted and loved back then.
>Niche is good.
Niche is not good. Niche is just niche. Different things are more enjoyable to different people, and the more specific you get, the more it fill the desires of a niche audience. Keep in mind that FATAL is considered niche.
>No one puts any love into it anymore
Untrue, either. When talking about video games, I can list sever, even popular games made with love in this modern era, much like the both overrated and loathed by /v/ Undertale. In terms of TTRPGs The love is there, more so than ever. Nowadays we've got so many things and details we couldn't put into our games. Just the advent of Roll 20 is crazy to me. The most important aspect is that games are inherently personal. If a game doesn't have love, that's because of the DM. If you are using D&D as an example, they give you so many details, worlds, and ideas, and say "Do what you want with it". There's no excuse for having a bad game of 5e.
>caters to the lowest common denominator
Once again, not much wrong with that. I feel that this is like people who dislike things like the movie Matilda. It's decent, not as great of bad as everyone says it is. That's because it's for kids, and it should be that way. Same thing with 5e, it's for people who like rules lite, or are beginners, and it should be that way. (Continued).

>I know for a fact that those games don't appeal to normies, because most of the normies I've met like indie games and retro games
Ooooh kayy , yes it is the hardcore gaymers that keep every iteration oh CoD a success. It is the major league gaymers that keep Fifa , NHL , Madden whatever fucking year it is. Normies nah they didn't hurt the industry at all, they like playing quirky indie games like PUBG right goi?

You are a fucking faggot says I might be too young and than starts using metroid prime and halo as fucking examples. You know shit son

Whats more obscure than tabletop but still fun?

Pepe Memes

Muh women and trannys

Agreed. It went from having a damn Saturday morning cartoon to being unpopular enough to where I felt lucky to find games on Fidonet. I welcome the normies and whatever comes with them.

Normalfag here. This is our hobby now. Neckbeards are no longer welcome.

Attached: 1246323456523.gif (286x285, 1.99M)

Thank god

Have fun with your next zombicide kickstarter faggot

>goi

I really fucking hope /v/ comes back online soon

Retards who handwave things as "lol it's fantasy with magic and dragons dude, no explanation needed xd".

>Normal people (Because you are too special to be one) love rehashed shit.
This is something that I think I can understand. There are several major reasons for it. The first is the Seinfeld/Shakespeare effect. To most people in our day and age, Seifeld and Shakespeare are absolutely boring. This is because every single piece of media and narrative framework borrows heavily from this. By the time we see Romeo and Juliet, the idea of star crossed lovers is already dry.

The second reason would be the idea of progression vs. tradition. If 5e was the same as 2e, why even bother making it? If it's too different, people complain. If you bring something back like electrum pieces, people complain. There will never be a game good enough for people. The most you can hope for is that it's like a musician albums, where two are great but different, even if you don't like the rest.

The third would be that many haven't experienced this stuff in their life. Many people getting into 5e had no idea what Ravenloft was, and never would if they didn't bring it back. Ravenloft is still a fantastic setting, and I would like anyone who plays D&D to experience it. There's no need to say "Sorry pal, you missed the bus. Should have been born sooner and have been a misanthropic ape like myself back in highschool".
Popular franchises that kicked off very well, and of those franchises some of the most popular and well made in the series. Should I have said Pong and Tetris to avoid getting your cheeks red?

Attached: 1401654464869.jpg (500x373, 32K)

There's a number of frozen boards due to the FBI investigating Veeky Forums after that kid killed himself on cam on /r9k/ today. No idea why Veeky Forums got hit, but I assume that's the reason.

ah, fuck, serious?

fucking christ, some people here are god damn animals.

>due to the FBI investigating
Retards.

Sounds pretty in line with /r9k/.

Beyblades

beyblades are never coming back, man
you're not going to let it rip ever again

Model Railways.

LOL wut

This month's CoroCoro begs to differ.

Just say normalfag like a normal person.

It's time to let it R.I.P.

Attached: 1481565544-tumblr-inline-nv213bdyj91ryyjv7-540.jpg (261x192, 11K)

Dude, Didn't hear about this/

>/VG

Attached: weeavision.jpg (850x839, 132K)

I always miss the good stuff

What's wrong with Tau.

>that kid killed himself on cam on /r9k/ today
>frozen boards due to the FBI investigating Veeky Forums
If you bothered to check, you'd know that /r9k/ (the board you explicitly say he was posting on) isn't frozen and that your theory is /x/-tier.

>By the time we see Romeo and Juliet, the idea of star crossed lovers is already dry.
It's a cycle really. Rehashed idea reaches saturation and a few failed high budget ventures into it don't make bank and people won't touch it and look to other things. After that starts getting saturated the oddballs and people trying to get ahead of the curve will look for old ideas that worked and push them out because they worked, and the thing is on some level they'll work again with a fresh coat of paint and there is a generation of people who haven't had it be a saturated stream aimed at them. It sucks but be it human psychology or social ideals but we'll be rehashing WW2 copies into the ground like China and Japan rehash Journey to the West, it'll at best just be in phases.

You know there are random periods where boards will get frozen, right? Random freezes are part of the Veeky Forums experience.

The biggest is the politics and the second is the attention seekers. Politics because TT should be politically neutral minus the actual politics that goes down in-game. The hobby and the board should be NEUTRAL. Instead of tt being escapism from politics, the lefties always bring it up. At least the conservatives will keep it out if you tell them to. The lefites will pull a bitchfit if you tell them to cut it out. When an esoteric neo-nazi is telling you to knock off the politics and have shit be politically neutral, maybe; MAYBE you should stop, sit down, and stop with social justice shit for like 5 hours goddamn. Don't do magical realm shit, don't cram post-structualist garbage down our throats, just fucking play the goddamn game, Jesus Christ. The genderfluid elf druid anarchist is a cringe magical realm gimmick, David, get your fucking shit together. And stop with the tranny accent, you're not passing.

The second is the attention seekers. Thanks to the ebin screenshots of Veeky Forums and other places, people want to be a zany badass Sir Bearington Henderson, who is also a lucha wrestler and regularly suplexes dragons on the fly. That's the sort of shit that pisses me off. Everyone wants to have le whacky tabletop adventure, like muh critical role. But ain't no one wanna do the heavy ass lifting.

>The first is the Seinfeld/Shakespeare effect.
>Seinfield confirmed for being a work of art just like Shakespeare's plays
I knew it all along.

Attached: living_large.gif (220x165, 1.96M)

>Seinfeld is art
>Not Cheers + Frasier
Watch you some Niles Episodes at least.

>Here's to feeling good, all the time!

That was such a great episode. I think I have my next character concept.

>Tfw all the good things are just slowly dying in your lifetime

Attached: 1520201262863.jpg (460x554, 49K)

SJW infiltration.
The only meaningful resistance to SJW infiltration being such a pack of toxic shitheads that no one is willing to rally around them.
the secular decline of hobbies in general.

Such is life. Things die. It is up to you create things, or be bogged down by death and die a loser's death.

dumb frogposters

Attached: dumb frogposter.gif (487x560, 898K)

the right is just as bad as the left, it's just that the line between the crazies and the normal people is much blurrier on left than it is the right.

Why do people unironically use and believe in an [s4s] "meme"?

Oh now it's a meme that frogposters are dumb? I thought it was just plain old self-evident.

Over-politicization
On both sides

No, it's an [s4s] meme that some autist took to /qa/. From there it spread to /jp/ and then the rest of Veeky Forums

To be frankly honest its been downhill since the first traditional game players in the role playing/war game sense just because of how society is falling into lazy ideas.

You had to actually learn the game either by reading the book or interacting with people and you only got fantasy ideas from reading books, and books are hard to read unless you're motivated to do so. Fast forward and people are getting their fantasy ideas from people who used to play D&D, later we got video games which popularized the ideas in RPGs and tactical games which may have gotten more people interested which seems great. Fast forward to now and you have people learning to play from podcasts, youtube videos, and understanding RPG mechanics from "retro" ps2 JRPG and coming off with some processed shit on how games should work from things that are not table top games. They basically have ADHD and can't stop checking their phone for more than 10 minutes and have an expectation that playing the game will be entertaining and no work really has to be put into it like their video games or shows.

Not to do a whole "this generation is shit"plenty of people my age have become attached to their cellphone to check facebook and twitter but its more with actual investment. There is no more work from these people than learning the thing exists doing what amounts to common internet obsession cycle where they spend a few hours looking up something they just learned about and expecting magic to happen. We're stuck with people putting in less effort and considering the results great because they don't know any better and its sad, it's like some high school students deciding to form a track club because there isn't one and coming to a consensus that as long as they're speed walking fasting than other people they're doing track stuff and may fully well know you can do this running thing but that's only for strange/old/try hard people that don't "Really" know what track is about.

>the right is just as bad as the left
Oh nonono, don't start that shit. The methodologies and motivations between the two political poles are very far apart. Just say you hate proselytizing cunts instead of overly simplifying a complicated subject such as "dey both derail threads so they're all just as bad." Especially on a board like this where a dude posted the same copypasta 500 times over 2 years just to stir up /pol/ posters.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/hexer/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw/

I have never seen right wingers or /pol/ with that level of autism. And I regularly chat up those awful kekistani spergs.

As much as I love Seinfeld, I'd say that it's more about how it was a big thing that people now look at as bland, that many things like the Big Zimbabwe Theory copy.

This shit, when pathfinder had a tranny dwarf as official cannon and rules for playing a tranny I realized they have movies and games in their grasp and want tabletop too.

I honestly think a lot of it is relative. I live in a shitty hick town in the middle of nowhere, and I deal with far right autists daily

>implying that Hexer guy's posts were a genuine expression of his own political beliefs

user, I don't know how someone could come to Veeky Forums regularly and still think that.

Are they autistic enough to do this?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/p28RKOir55zDAVbhSbJV_w/

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/p28RKOir55zDAVbhSbJV_w/
I wouldn't put it past people trying to get (you)s.

Psst, he *is* /pol/

The tide rises, and the tide falls. We will endure.

>over-saturation.
Too many people in the hobby.
new players drawn by media presence= more products
more products=lower quality
lower quality= angry hardcores who know the difference
angry hardcores= offended sjw's
offended sjw's= media presence
media presence= attracted new players
new players= more products
Its a cycle that feeds itself. With the advent of "nerdiness being cool", we have a diluted hobby that has become a cultural sideshow and it just attracts the worst sorts of people anymore.

You don't have political beliefs unless you're actively forcing others to be of your political group or working to make sure they can't have any political power. If you're not doing that you're like a christian that doesn't show up to church, read the bible, or do anything else that is part of the faith. Politics and political action is just justification through whatever process in your country to ultimately remove peoples rights and force them to do what you want. Just be happy the majority of people would rather let whoever gains enough political clout to butt fuck them however they want than to actually be political.

>what's the problem with [literally anything]
>muh SJW
>muh Alt-right

Good thread guys.

>nerdiness being cool
But it isn't, not even in the media. Being smart is treated like a magical power you're born with and no work or effort ever goes into it and oh you're allowed to be quirky cause you have autism. Deceptions of nerds who obsess over stuff or spend time learning to be better or trying things out that might fail in monthly time frames are seen as bizarre losers who at best you can get somethign out of but shouldn't deal with them unless you can "fix them" by removing all the dedication and making their nerdieness, once again, into a magical power that just comes up and solves things without effort.

Make the personal political or you hate women. Unless your politics is you hate women then you're a white supremacist.

I get the impression he just wanted attention and happened to be really good at shitposting

You're fucking obnoxious. I roleplay to escape politics, and having them forced on me is the fucking worst

I hope /v/ comes back soon

>Wanting less options and mechanics support instead of more options and mechanic support

>You're fucking obnoxious. I roleplay to escape politics, and having them forced on me is the fucking worst
Life isn't fair, if you don't want power dynamics learn to enjoy being alone and not consuming what other people produce.

A lack of settings and systems that cater specifically to me and my tastes with my political sensibilities and only attracts people within my Overton Window of likability. What else?

Maybe I don't like being alone. I want to have fun, and people like you are getting in the way of it

This is the only way to transcend humanity

Nothing, is the same shit as always.
The difference between this hobby and other shit is you get control of whatever happens or is included in your table, is such a private matter that the fact people here are comparing this to movies or video games (which give you no creative control outside of non-official mods in videa case) is ridiculous.

You can do whatever you want in your gaming table and it only matters to you and the people you're playing with.

Attached: 1513532077539.jpg (1073x1694, 676K)

Identity politics of any kind are cancer, and anybody that can't pursue any of their former interests without connecting it to their newfound political fervour need to seriously think about necking themselves. However while the SJWs are indeed nibbling away at what is relatively minor and irrelevant stuff that has zero impact on my games in the real world, the bizarro SJWs are determined to use those instances to shitpost relentlessly in a misguided attempt to proselytize for their own obnoxious shitcunt ideologies on what for many must be their preferred discussion space.

So what you'd like is people bend to your sensibilities, this is a fucking human instinct you're not even escaping it and you probably could get over it easier if you climbed the social ladder a bit.

Its almost like theres some sort of horrible fucking crisis rocking our culture from end to end.

Liberal here. One of my groups of friends is entirely conservative. We know each others views and we respect each other on a personal level and enjoy each others company. Ain't got nothing to do with power.

Finding and playing games, same as always. Roll20 tried and failed, and now we are waiting for the true savior.

What the fuck are you even talking about? You sound literally insane

Yeah, it's called the news. Stop watching it; it's melting your brain

Casualization. Wile games like 5e are popular and have some good things. The "rules light" meme everyone is going for is accualy more of a negative and limits gameplay options.

Please learn to proofread

Retards posting idiotic memes like they're funny, political fucking retards typing kek and lul. Other than that TTG are great.

>limits gameplay options.
Not really, just means there's more fluff than crunch. If you want to drop a chandelier on someone, the DM makes a number to roll and maybe a number of dice to roll for damage. Nobody actually went through the book to see how much damage it would do.

Same thing with stats. If you want to swim in rapid water, roll an athletics check instead of a swim check. DM makes up a number and decides the consequences regardless. Your options aren't any more limited.

>muh alt-right boogeyman tried to ruin videogames and tabletop
Please explain to me how the odd /pol/ shitposter is shitting up the hobby, because I don't see it. I do see left-wing culture vultures trying to cock up things with cucks like Mearls.

And before you put words into my mouth, no I don't think the whole tranny elves thing has irrevocably ruined 5e or blah blah blah 5e was boring shit from day one desu, but come on man it is retarded.

Social Anxiety, prove me wrong.

Attached: x4IqQbg.png (750x1334, 1021K)