mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Attached: 40kg.jpg (1602x535, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/30-Yrs-Of-40k-Primaris-Veteran-Sergeant-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Using named characters is morally wrong

Cuckstodes are still trash garbage

Attached: smlaugh.gif (702x496, 318K)

I like Mopen play. Power levels, Open War card missions, but matched play 1 strategem per phase, one manifestation per power, power payed in advance for summoning.

It's both easy for beginners, fun and comparatively balanced.

>Using named characters is boring

fixed

My entire list is just Supreme Command detachments filled with only named Imperium characters. Fite me.

I'm sure lascannons just love you.

>power levels
Absolutely disgusting

Both are correct

It must be hell trying to figure out which character your opponent can actually shoot at each turn.

easy things:
good saves
large number of bodies
long range
access to cheap anti-armor shooting

hard things:
bad saves
small model count
short range
expensive/unreliable anti armor

SOON

Attached: 1517525855188.jpg (800x645, 77K)

Post it

I didn't ask for this, but it's the fastest means of list building on the spot. Because apparently nobody has pre-prepared army lists when you play pick-up games.

I like Power Levels when its just for super casual adhoc stuff, like you've just met up with someone and decide you want to kill an hour or two. I'm glad they're there as a short hand points score.

And I enjoy ITC format missions with points and matched play rules. Let's all have our own fun together because 40k is fun!

Attached: 1514923956992.png (521x350, 175K)

Best chaos god coming through

Attached: The_Great_Horned_Rat.png (1000x1046, 833K)

>40k is fun!

Attached: frown.gif (480x270, 99K)

Attached: 1520900017953.jpg (720x528, 149K)

I don't like ITC things. But it's okay if you like them.

Go back to your containment thread. Nobody cares about AoS.

Not when based Chinaman and his powerful chincasts are on your side, friendo

Attached: chinaman.jpg (1024x682, 241K)

Attached: 1517633983286.jpg (512x450, 116K)

>Khemri ~ TV

Attached: chuckle.gif (480x270, 1.61M)

>same filename everytime
It's pretty easy to tell when it's you user.

You got a problem with having a bit of fun, grumpy pants?

Attached: 1520104161161.jpg (676x1023, 153K)

open war with an agreed upon matched points limit is the patrician method of play

>I'm playing with motion controls!

>Implying I am talking about AoS

Attached: 40k Rats.jpg (1600x1200, 247K)

Do we know the codex release schedule after necrons?

Soon

Attached: 112641958642378.jpg (600x911, 91K)

This is the ideal I strive for.

Looking for some feed back for a SM list built out of my 10 yr old marinelets (the veterans) and tonks plus some new stuff (primaris and LEVIATHAN )

Feels like it needs more specialized firepower. The abundance of S7 and S4 with AP seems capable of handling most threats. The LC as well as the Dreads fists and the HQs weapons should handle most things that need a bit more strength to punch through. But still feels a bit weak.

Thoughts?

---

Aurora Chapter 2k (Ultramarine Succesors)

--

Battalion Detachment:

Captain w/ Jump Pack, MC boltgun, The Santic Halo, TH

Lieutenants w/ Jump Pack, MC boltgun, TH

3x Vanilla Intercessor Squad

-

Vanguard Detachment:

Techmarine on Bike w/ Combi-melta, Power maul

Sternguard Veteran Squad w/ 9 dudes ,Special issue boltgun, PF on sarge

Venerable Dreadnought w/ Twin LC, Stormbolter

Venerable Dreadnought w/ Ass cannon, HFlamer

-

Spearhead Detachment:

Sergeant Chronus inna Predator w/ Quad LC

Predator w/ Pred cannon, HBolters

Predator w/ Pred cannon, HBolters

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought w/ Claw, Stormcannon

What is this supposed to mean? I just like their missions and being able to pick secondary objectives.

We're all having fun together!

It was how you really rubbed peoples face in your dust in mario kart wii, beating them with motion controls and then spamming the emote.

That scheme is sick. Based off of Requiem vampire knight, so cool.

Actually that series has some cool visual stuff that could translate to 40k well, like those techno mummies for admech/neurons.

Attached: 1521173259038.jpg (360x360, 34K)

Interesting. I've only ever had the pc to play vidya games on.
Don't really get the point of rubbing peoples faces in if they lost though, unless like if they are being cunts in the first place maybe? idk seems not worth.

Any further Taudex leaks? I'm looking for the datasheets

Fifteen different types of riptide wing.

pewpewpewpew

Attached: IMG_20180316_015323.jpg (4160x3120, 1.62M)

We are back?

In truth, the thing I want to see the most is crisis teams. They didn't get a points reduction so I really hope they have a statline boost to make up for the fact that they're currently awful. 3+ to hit would be very good but +1W would also be alright. A special rule that let you split them after deployment (since squad size 3 is still the minimum) would also be alright.

Guess Veeky Forums needed a time out.
What’s your warlord’s name, /40kg/?

Attached: 7B0F2452-DD2A-47E5-815D-A588C574890E.jpg (3264x1913, 1.73M)

R8 my list:
Supreme Command Detachment
>LoW - Roboute Guilliman [385 pts]
>HQ - Celestine [200 pts]
>HQ - Inquisitor Greyfax [85 pts]
>HQ - Inquisitor Karamazov [150 pts]
>Elites - Eversor Assassin [70 pts]

Supreme Command Detachment
>LoW - Knight Crusader (RFBC + Stormspear Rocket Pod)[585 pts]
>HQ - Cypher [110 pts]
>HQ - Grand Master Voldus [190 pts]
>HQ - Sly Marbo [65 pts]
>HQ - Emperor's Champion [75 pts]
>Elites - Callidus Assassin [80pts]

1995/2000

Attached: Guillimancrowning.png (817x1131, 1.73M)

Youll spend an hour or 2 on a game but not an extra 30 seconds to make sure each army adds up to 500 points?

No. No they don't. Don't expect anything you haven't already seen, but certainly don't expect any change to crisis suits, one of the most consistent things said about the codex was that crisis suits were completely unchanged. We have the farsight enclaves stratagem and that's it.

So. Im getting into the hobby soonish. Thinking of running Shadow War (got the book not the box) wih my friends and GF. They said theyd be down, granted this is after i offered to buy the models and assemble them.
One Friend wants Khorne
One Friend wants Tau
One Friend is Undecided
As is my GF (she wants Skaven for Mordheim tho)
Me im probably going to either go Orks or Guardsmen.

Whats the most economical way to get the models required for such an endeavor?

Related Question; say im not willing to buy terrain or make it myself. Is using random household objects as terrain a viable alternative for a bunch of casuals? Im talking full Army Men status here. Also what household objects are most useful for this aside from books and clamshell cases?

sometimes it's "Space Marine Captain"
others it's "Knight Commander Pask"
others still it's "Company Commander"
and finally it's sometimes "Space Marine Captain on Bike."

Bellisarius Cawl

I wasn't expecting it; just hoping. It's too bad because I really have no reason to field such an expensive unit that accomplishes so little. It still is more worth it to just bring another commander, just now you have to bring along 5 fire warriors to make him into a patrol detachment.

Why don't the Chaos Gods make more use of Xenos races?

Orks, Nids and Tau are all reasonably accounted for, but why don't Eldar ever fall to say, Tzeentch? To say nothing of all the other random Xenos races in the fluff.

Attached: 1500551552047.gif (811x541, 930K)

They're unchanged outside of 1 in 3 being able to take an iridium battlesuit.

Creating a new Kabal.

Kabal of the Wraithborn or Kabal of the Silenced Scream?

Wraith-inspired aesthetic, soul-stealers and slave takers.

Attached: ghost.jpg (1503x873, 472K)

Attached: 7D0D8E0E-22D1-4C56-9988-98775A23621A.gif (647x340, 1.3M)

Attached: Drukhari General Pic.jpg (720x528, 150K)

Why can't ghostkeels be commanders? I'd love to run just stealth suits and a ghostkeel as little side project.

Hell running a single ghostkeel in kill team would be kinda cool (though likely broken).

I like ghostkeels.

>Friends unwilling to buy the models
>Even assembling them is too much, much less painting
>Not willing to make your own terrain
This might be the wrong hobby for you user. Video games are a much cheaper medium for what you're after.

Archon Edmundus for my Dark Eldar
Brother-Captain Mikhail for my Marines
Da Masked Mek for my Orks

Haven't got a name for my Lord of Change yet.

30 seconds if you have a list prepared beforehand.

At my LGS no one brings premade lists. (A good chunk of the store also list tailors, which is extremely frustrating. )

There's also multiple fuckers who have no problem with trying to cheat.

Sorry(not sorry) I dont buy into your "storytime" army. I just want space men to fight my friends' space men.

Silenced Scream, Wraithborn sounds too much like Wraiths of the Craftworld variety

How does one go about choosing a chapter? I can't decide between Imperial Fists, Salamanders or some variety of my dudes.

Attached: 8aece2ed35d1dd8e6b3d1abc3e40f3f3-650-80.jpg (650x363, 53K)

Shas'O M'kais Var Mont'yr
Roughly translates to "Stupid bloody sword commander"

because that would require making a shitton of new models. And will make lore more interesting. GW tries to avoid both.

Are they gonna be able to take iridium suits? since it's a support item now?

There are corrupted Eldar living in the Eye IIRC.

Barely many mentions of them though. Both the Craftworlders and Drewcareys are not dumb enough to go Chaos, though.

Why respond to a post asking what you name your guys if you don’t name them?

Are you some kind of saudi prince or some shit? Buying into the hobby isn't cheap as it is, buying into the hobby with 5 armies will cost you a fortune unless you're satisfied playing only kill team. Even then that's a pretty penny.

Because in the scenario I mentioned its for a quick pick up game and I don't care whether they other guy can fit in Plasma Cannons but not Lascannons or whatever

Its a fine mechanic for simplifying list building when appropriate, thats all it is and all it needs to be.

>Silent Scream

Attached: southofheaven.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Well there’s no problem with that.
Do you at least paint your minis?

He said Shadow War; could get away with a basic troops box per player, depending on the forces. Still seems like a dumb thing to do, buying stuff for people so they'll play with you, but its not really that expensive either.

>They said theyd be down

Nice!

>granted this is after i offered to buy the models and assemble them.

Well that was dumb. Economically? Go onto Ebay. Pathfinders can be found for about $25, Khorne? Erm...daemons or bezerkers/cultists? If CSM, Chaos marines painted red are pretty cheap on ebay.
Undecided friend? Whatever the fuck is cheapest then.
Yourself? Whatever you want.

To be honest though, if they're not willing to do any investment themselves other than show up, try just playing a board game with them. The rules are somewhat heavy and in my own experience with trying to get friend into a game, they sort of just wait for you to tell them what is "legal/illegal" rules wise and just move models. It's a step above just playing by yourself.

You can also just get "Table Top Simulator" on Steam and play with your friends on that. Would be the cheapest method.

>terrain
I use books, pieces of 4x4, Legos, beer cans, some 3d printed terrain, cardboard and other shit. It's totally fine.

OR...Chinaman, everything. Of course.

How does it feel to be so boring? I bet your shit is half painted too.

Nah dude I have a life and a girlfriend lol

I mean you don't have to be a sweaty nerd about it but adding some fluff and personality makes things more interesting. There's more gravitas to a scenario when it's your dudes instead of generic captain #147

So what? Me too. And at least half of my shit is painted.

The other boards are back up as well user, you can go back wherever you came from now.

Attached: 1521003851942.jpg (600x631, 37K)

Commander spam isn't going anywhere, and our stupidly easy access to battalions and brigades means we can afford to burn as many CP as we want a game.
15 fire warriors, a fireblade, and a commander is a battalion. That's 309 points with a trifusion commander, so in a 1000 point game you can fit in 3 goddamn battalions, giving you 12 command points, 45 fire warriors, 3 trifusion commanders, 3 fireblades, and enough points to turn the commander into a coldstar, turning the fireblades into ethereals, or buy something small. A 2000 point list can just be that and then some.
So, yeah. Just keep spamming commanders as hard as possible. Using the crisis suits in a farsight bomb can maybe work, we're not sure as of yet, but don't expect farsight bomb to be particularly competitive, as 9 crisis suits + farsight + drones will run you about 1000 points.

covered an ork in purity seals. Put a big choppa on top of another big choppa on top of a knife.

I call him da gray nite.

Its not that theyre unwilling. Its just that they dont normally have the income to do it and they expressed interest in the hobby. Also i wanted to assemble the minis and then ship em off to he painted since my hands arent as steady as id like and I wouldn't be able to get the paint jobs how i want it. If they end up not taking to it, theyre mine now and ive started collecting. If they do they can start getting their own models after. Win win and im only out like 200 bucks in a period when ill be flush with cash.

If none of your friends can even pitch in $60, it's not worth it. Also building/ painting is like 50% of the hobby.

If you do end up playing, make sure none of them play Harlequins or Tyranids. Both factions absolutely destroy any sense of balance in Shadow War.

As for terrain, you're going to need a LOT of stuff piled on the table for any of the games like Shadow War or Necromunda. In addition, since there is no climbing mechanic you're going to need something to mark out ladders and such. You can probably just print/cut out images of ladders and tape them to terrain.

Attached: fbv2xwj3otk01.jpg (1800x1095, 216K)

>not having your girlfriend help you brainstorm names and critique your paintjob
I feel bad for you

>Nah dude I have a life

Attached: 5A13D771-3ACB-4872-9E1E-B1C8024E0AAA.jpg (700x509, 35K)

>PFFF, I'm so much better than the other dudes who play with plastic toys because I don't lore my dudes
>I-I d-definitely have a g-girlfriend and unlike the rest of you guys
You're the worst kind of sweaty virgin aren't you?

made me chuckle

This guy fucks yall. watch out for long dick jones over here.

Nah, half my shit is fully painted though. Some of it is stuff that I've stopped using in games, so it's hit the bottom of my painting queue. Scions are what I'm working on right now.

Sure buddy. That's why you're on Veeky Forums at this hour. Gotcha ;)

Imbut I'm not

Knight Paladin Juraj Janoshik
Or Scaristan(dominus) Piotr Wilniewczyc
Depending on whether I want the Ravager or the Autocaduceus

>3 commanders
>"spam"

Attached: 1520064559438.png (458x462, 430K)

I initially offered one guy he said "sure why not" then i got hyped up and asked other friends. This was over the phone and a product of my manic thoughts. They all love the setting, weve played the rpgs, and some of the vidya and we all expressed interest in the hobby. I also REALLY want to build something. Thats hos much of an autist im being. Gonna use it as my grieving process for a recent tragedy in the family. Im allowed to make poor financial decisions.

ya'll see this dude yet?
games-workshop.com/en-US/30-Yrs-Of-40k-Primaris-Veteran-Sergeant-2017

Attached: 99120101210_30Years40KVetSgt01.jpg (920x950, 110K)

What about him?

yes we did.

>It’s another “repackaged Primaris Intercessor, but for €25” episode
There’s no way anyone buys these crappy characters, right?

Already own him

If they've expressed interest and can't chip in for a SC box, than either they are feigning the interest or the hobby isn't for them.
>Out 200 bucks
You're severely underestimating how much money you'll be spending. Especially if you plan to commission paint all five armies (which I recommend against doing because the process of painting and improving is such a large and rewarding part of the hobby). Again I strongly urge you to look into video games as an alternative or maybe even Tabletop Sim a few games first.