Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Prospero Edition

Previous >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Attached: 1476532311685.jpg (811x542, 671K)

How many Dreadnoughts do you all have?

I have a weird love for them but think I should slow down since I’ll never use them all. I have 1 Contemptor Mortis, 5 Contemptors, and 1 Deredeo while wanting to invest in 2 Boxnoughts.

Attached: 8A6FA606-9F87-4477-9803-07C6E00FF985.png (600x611, 151K)

You've been given a time machine with 9 charges in it! You have just enough time between each jump to say a single sentence to each traitor primarch to convince him to stay loyal.
What do you say to watch Primarch, and when do you say it?

>to all of them except Lorgar, after Lorgar completes his pilgrimage:
"Lorgar has secretly turned against the Emperor."
>to Lorgar, at any point:
"You're a twat."

Nigger you don't even have a Leviathan? It's the best one!

Attached: DG_Leviathan_Storm_Cannon_Bombard_1.png (646x532, 525K)

I’m finishing building my Storm Eagle but I’m stuck.

Do I run the TL Multi Melta or Missile Launcher with my Lascannons? One makes it more dedicated for close up armor while the other capitalizes on either being able to help the Vengeance Launcher or Lascannons in a pinch.

Oh wait I do. Forgot about it.

Silly user.

It’s 5 am. Plz forgive

Like, in total across all armies? Around 25 or so, I think. In HH I only have 7; 2 contemptors, a deredeo, a mortis castraferrum, a achillus, a galatus and a telemon.

I prefer the ml, flexibility and range help a lot to keep the fucker safe and the las/ml combo is usually enough to handle enemy fliers or medium targets. For dedicated tankbusting you'll need other tools anyway.

Only 9. 2 Contemptors and 7 boxnoughts (1 is a siege dread if it makes a difference)

Need that IF dread, then three more plastic contemptors to convert to cortus and add a deredo and a Levithan or two.

Would that work with Angron though? If anything, I would haver thought knowing another brother wanted big E gone could be a catalyst to some sort of alliance

Knight Armiger

WS4 BS3 S6 AV 13/12/12 I3 A3 HP3

Type: Vehicle (Walker)
Unit Composition: 1-3 Knights Armiger
Wargear: Reaper Chain-cleaver, Thermal Spear, Ion Shield
Special Rules: Armsman, Loping Stride, Trample, Move Through Cover

>Armsman
This model cannot never hold a Household Rank. However, each Knights Armiger squadron may select one of the following special rules during list creation:
- Implaceable Advance
- Outflank
- Coordinated Fire Protocols

>Loping Stride
This model may move up to 12" in the movement phase. Furthermore, ignore the results of Immobilized results on the vehicle damage table for this model.

>Trample
This model causes a Hammer of Wrath hit at Initiative 1 during each turn of combat, not just during turns it charged.

Weapons
Melta Spear 30" S8 AP1 Assault 1, Blast, Melta
Reaper Chain-cleaver - Sx2 AP2 Melee, Sunder, Murderous Strike

Thoughts?

Attached: 40kForgebane-Mar5-ForgebaneArmiger3bq.jpg (920x950, 109K)

You still won't get official rules for heresy

How many of those are the Calth dread?

I know people give it a lot of shit, but it can look decent if you spice it up with some bits and change the legs or rotate the torso.

Attached: 27458877_10154984457910810_3333219366917610878_n.jpg (714x960, 58K)

So DG-dudes, do you prefer/run Deathshroud in tartaros, cataphractii or indomitus?

Attached: Mortarion_Deathshroud.jpg (600x879, 89K)

Hell, that could even work to the good guys' benefit. You reckon Angron can keep a secret like that for 40 years?

It look not bad

Fuck you, FW. Get your head out of your ass and make fucking rules for the new Custodes gear already.

Still no Skitarii rules for 30k despite them being common mechanicum troop

>betrayal at calth out of stock
heh jokes on you gw i didn't want to get into 30k anyway heh

Attached: heh.jpg (780x864, 81K)

>I’ll never use them all
Why not?
Elites
>Contemptor Mortis
>3 Contemptors in a talon
>2 Contemptors in a talon
>2 Boxnoughts in a talon

Heavy Support
>1 Deredeo

Granted it would be expensive even in a 3000 point game but would be very lethal and hard to remove all those dreads.

>What's that? You got 30 mk III marines from prospero box and fancy running some breachers?
>Too bad! Here complete resin kit! Fuck you!

>Horus
Erebus is a lying cunt, you'll cause the future you fear
>Fulgrim
Gimme dat sword boi
>Perturabo
I appreciate you.
>Curze
You're forgiven
>Angron
Nothing, just scream at him
>Lorgar
Nothing, let him turn so Horus kills his bald ass
>Mortarian
Lol you'll be a psyker

I don't know if I'm missing any, but if Horus stays loyal they all do except Lorgar

Attached: 1520764945108.jpg (1280x854, 281K)

Well, at the very least they have compatible profiles and can be made work. We have a guy at the flgs that runs the entire Skitarii and CultMech range unaltered from their 40k codices in his Tagmatha list and nobody bats an eye at this.
Not that it's any consolation, but given the supposed volkite keruffle it's not that surprising that they didn't make rules for them back during 7th and they presumably just don't have the people to do so now.

It's like they desperatly want people to use shapeways.

You forgot Magnus, but in fairness Magnus would just ignore whatever warning or advice you gave him.

3 old metal CSM boxnoughts, 1 Contemptor and 1 Leviathan, with plans to get an ironclad or tow and more contemptors.

Also 1 Galatus and 2 Achillus without the guardian spear because I want them to run through SoH lines

It's what a Warhound is to a Warlord, only to a Knight which s supposed to be sub-Warhound scrubs. no me gusta

>Forgiving Curze

Literally unforgivable.

Why the fuck didn't the Emperor just duel Angron and beat him that way? He was all about gladitorial honor, so if he got beaten that way, he would have respected him. Vulkan and Russ got spoiled desu.

Also helped out Angrons gladitorial armies instead of beaming him up.

Curze fukked Nostramo before Horus turned traitor, so he's fucked either way.

Friendly reminder

Attached: LorgarFerrus.png (1636x326, 37K)

I don't know what that is supposed to highlight aside from the other primarchs being dipshits with the social skills of a dead frog.

Pls no bulli.

Still, it's better than having Angron as your dad. That guy is abusive as all hell.

>Magnus, who has no business at playing soldier, berates his brother, who doesn't want to be one, for having doubts
>Ferrus pointlessly antagonizes his brother over a friendly barb
>Curze is being Curze
Masterful writing.

>Alpharius
Hydra Dominatus

wasn't implied that the gladiators had been influenced by Khorne? Hence why the Emperor decided it might not be a good idea to save anything other than his son.

Attached: 1496997382473.jpg (900x582, 86K)

What Legion is that?

Hardly a friendly barb. The first one I agree with, but Lorgar was retarded in the others.

Pretty sure that's not the case. I have not read anything mentioning this, in the old lore or new.

Could just be a fan theory.

>Magnus, who has no business at playing soldier, berates his brother, who doesn't want to be one, for having doubts
Magnus understand the truth of their existence, while lorgar denies it
>Ferrus pointlessly antagonizes his brother over a friendly barb
Ferrus don't have time for jokes, and it was insulting as ferrus put all his efforts into creating the imperium of man, while lorgar is preaching in a corner about wrong things

>Yes, Magnus, you tell the man. Your knowledge and skill in leadershipobviously qualify you to deny others their role in the grand crusade. It's not like you'd fuck over even your own legion repeatedly.
>Yes, Konrad, you are for sure in a position that allows you to speak of *anything* regarding honor, courage or rational thought.
Ferrus is kind of an edge case here. His response is stupid and hostile, but the Gorgon wasn't exactly a people person in the first place.

Surely it shows what a fuckup Lorgar was that even Magnus and Curze (hardly top-tier primarchs, as you say) think he's useless.

>Magnus understand the truth of their existence, while lorgar denies it
If he understood the point of his existence he'd be less of a shitter, one would hope.

>Ferrus is kind of an edge case here. His response is stupid and hostile, but the Gorgon wasn't exactly a people person in the first place.
Don't think so, seeHe doesn't care about anything other than the future of humanity and the creation of the imperium, the rest is waste of time for a primarch

He think he have a special pass with emps because both are high tier psykers and that it make them wiser, where in truth he is easily manipulated

Magnus and Curze are right by virtue of the fact that they do their fucking job.
>Give someone machines and staff to build a sea wall
>He instructs his staff to make sand castles
>What the fuck why are you angry that I'm not doing my job?

If Lorgar actually kept up his pattern of conquest after Monarchia than he would have been a top tier primarch with a great rate of conquests, instead he bitched out and joined Chaos.

That's the thing, on an individual level Lorgar is the runt of the family, sure, but pointing that out is kinda pointless: Everybody knows it and it's not like he or anybody can do anything about that. But on a grander scale he's a very competent and shrewed commander with a highly motivated army that neither neither the NL or the TS can compare to on the overall scale. They may be building too many cathedrals and take too long in their conquest, but damn if their conquest didn't stick. Just because the guy prefers diplomacy over hitting things a bunch is not a good reason to treat him like shit.

It's not like Emps was under any kind of pressure time-wise in the crusade. He could have just let Lorgar proceed at his own pace with his super-compliant worlds and then, later, after he would have gotten rid of the primarchs, slowly weaned those worlds off their faith.

>But on a grander scale he's a very competent and shrewed commander
Of course, he's a primarch, but that's the bare minimum
>They may be building too many cathedrals and take too long in their conquest, but damn if their conquest didn't stick. Just because the guy prefers diplomacy over hitting things a bunch is not a good reason to treat him like shit.
They do everything the emperor asked personnaly NOT to, thousand sons got exterminated for less

>friendly barb
It's an insult, and they weren't even particularly close

Konrad doesn't talk about honor though, he calls him a coward and a weakling, both of which are true

>It's not like Emps was under any kind of pressure time-wise in the crusade
Read MoM, he WAS running against the clock, hence the need to go back to Terra and nominate Horus as a successor

If it didn't involve planning the fastest way to murder a bunch of people, Angry Ron would tune out and forget about it.

Angron does also have an interest in cookery, especially meat-based meals. They did have to stop him promoting cooking products after the incident with the lean mean fat grilling machine though.
>It's so good, I put my face on it!
>AAAAAARGH THIS HURTS SO MUCH

Don't ever try to be funny again, on pain of pain.

Attached: I Have Spoken.jpg (246x275, 27K)

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad.

I, Malcador the Sigilite, call to order this Council of Nikea to assess the merits of the art of humour, the success of the Humerus project within the Legiones Anonymous, and to review the continued use of humour by user. Let the record show that in attendance are the following:
>user
>user
>user
>user
>user
>user's mum
>OP and other assorted fags
Do any in attendance wish to take the floor first?

Attached: The_Sigillite_clean.jpg (500x495, 51K)

Humour shouldn't have any boundaries, up to and including making jokes about religion and the Emperor.

Attached: Brother_Amsu-Legio_Standard_Bearer.jpg (379x805, 133K)

Humour is the domain of madmen, tyrants and xenos! Too many wrongly believe that they have mastered it, when all too often their lack of control wreaks (social) destruction around them!

Attached: Mortarion.jpg (247x526, 35K)

When are the BLOODBOY$ getting rules?

Q3 2021

Bloodboys you mean Blood Angels?
They already got rules in Retribution

any examples of white scars painted in warm tones? wondering about doing them so, but worried that it'd just end up looking like death guard after weathering

Q7 91476

Just one. I made it into a Kheres/Havoc Mortis

Q-1 3i

None. Perfectly bland stats for a perfectly bland unit.

You forgive Curze because he'd kill himself

you people suck at helping out
how the fuck do you not know what a c-y is

This is a troll, isn't it? No one real would be so persistent while so unhelpful

Have you tried being a not-shitty dude?

Would help a lot. No one has to assist you.

fine, it would be something like this, a hoop for holding things. We call them clip-yacks here. do you understand now?

Attached: file.png (1694x1694, 4.2M)

Yeah you’re being pompous still.

And no, no one makes them. You’re better off getting jewelry bits to make them yourself.

Are you saying you call a carabiner a clip yack? For real?

>bother the thread with autistic mentions of "clip yack"
>reveal that it's a fucking carabiner
Never knew desertniggers had access to Veeky Forums
And adding them to veterans look retarded when they aren't holding something, just add 'nades, pouches and ammo

so, like pic related?
those are tiny at 28mm scale.
best you could do would probably be pouches and webbing stuff, individual hooks will be hard to find.
Victoria miniatures and anvil industries are likely a good place to start.

Attached: 61e5dNBeyfL._SL1263_[1].jpg (1263x1263, 81K)

Big E knew that Angron would go all sick house on him and beat him to death with his own arms.

Attached: Angron_Istvaan_III.jpg (500x662, 105K)

DID SOMEONE SAY IT IS WELL DONE????

Attached: angron's-steak.png (852x945, 779K)

You know what I mean. When are they getting their main rules for characters and special units?

Next book, though we don't even have an estimated date on that.

I’ve been stuck at this stage for a while now, thanks to work and family life. Just a test piece, not going to use it. Medea Com-art White over Vallejo Khaki, random mix of cool grays in the shadows.

Attached: B80B5F0D-3B25-4325-9EFA-A5AE3E586980.jpg (4032x3024, 1.9M)

Who in the world calls that a clip-yack? Wow. Mind blown. At least we know now.

Buy a small chain and use the links, or look at accessories for model tanks.

because originally they were used to clip packs onto animals, including yaks. clip, packs, yak, clip-yacks.

glad I could enrich someone's culture today at least

My bad, it's actually a rare nepalese user, don't you have to suck your local communist overseer dick though

Attached: 1519963033651.png (450x375, 280K)

So anyone want to post an army list or army fluff or anything?

Oh my god

You cocksucking retard, all you had to do was include a pic when you first asked, or explain what it was.

I hope your army gets vomited on by a fat neckbeard with bad hygiene.

>because originally they were used to clip packs onto animals, including yaks
[citation very much needed because seriously, dafuq nigga]

I don't want to over-saturate the thread with my IW guys, tried it when I was new here and it (rightly) wasn't too popular.

Which of these should I use for my Thousand Sons army?

Attached: 1ksons symbols.png (897x442, 347K)

The absolute state of HH these days. No Black Book until december, the BL books are universal trash, and endless primarch arguments, my-legion-can-beat-up-your-legion bullshit and worse. Is this the lowest point?

I still prefer it to what happened to 40k.
Dead game > trash game

Left looks better, I think

Just starting to build the models for my White Scars in the scheme of my test Contemptor above. I'll come up with names once the guys are assembled and painted, but they're early-Heresy loyalists whose ship darts towards a planet and drops them off somewhere with fewer anti-aerospace defenses. They then have to drive/ride hundreds of miles to the target. So no flyers (anything that needs a landing pad), pods, or walkers.

Brotherhood of the Bounding Hare - Chogorian Brotherhood, 2500 pts

Praetor on bike: Paragon blade; iron halo; Cyber-hawk (joins Outriders)
Librarian on bike: Mastery Level 2; artificer armour; force axe (joins Attack Bikes)

Apothecary on bike: power sword; augury scanner (joins Attack Bikes)

9 Veteran Space Marines: 7×combi-plasma; 2×plasma gun
Sergeant w/ artificer armour; power glaive
Rhino w/ dozer blade & pintle-mounted multi-melta

5 Tartaros Terminators: 1x power fist; 2x chainfists; 1x lightning claw; plasma blaster 235
Sergeant w/ power glaive (Tribune model)
Land Raider Phobos w/ dozer blade; armored ceramite

6 Outriders: Sergeant w/ power glaive; 2×power axes; melta bombs

5 Jetbike Sky Hunters: 1 volkite culverin 215

10 Tactical Support Marines: volkite chargers; chainswords
Sergeant w/ artificer armour; power glaive
Rhino w/ dozer blade

5 Attack Bikes: 5×multi-melta; melta bombs

5 Heavy Support Marines w/ missile launchers; flakk missiles
Sergeant w/ augury scanner
Rhino w/ dozer blade

The Termies are mostly because they came in BoP; I might replace them with Predators and Javelins.

Are there any known Blood Angels traitors?

Wait for the "community" approved timeline you need check to see if you can use your character in an upcoming event or risk being accused of high WAAC.

Welcome to the new game, Flames of Horus.

I guess technically the Baal garrison were rebelling against Terra when they told Malcador's envoy to fuck off. Not really the same as declaring for Horus though, they just didn't want Baal stripped of all military assets when it still wasn't confirmed that the primarch & legion were lost.