/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-beast-players-guide-and-night-horrors-enemy-action/
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-wraith-the-oblivion-20th-anniversary-editio/posts/2110993

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/march-marches-on-monday-meeting-notes/

>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/grave-goods-and-buried-treasures-geist-the-sin-eaters/

>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/

>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

>Night Horrors: Enemy Action
Be wary of the user who posts rules of the Polish Witcher RPG under this name.

>Question
Which of the minor splats (aka one that's not in a book on the main line games) is your favorite?

Attached: Grand Theft WOD.png (900x1111, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/walking-in-the-world-mage-the-awakening/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for enema action

Attached: Enema Action.png (816x1056, 852K)

How hard it could be to sneak a dozen Weeping Angels into antediluvian tomb? Making a funsy surprise for a friend, you see.
While we're there, is there anything else to brighten up thaumaturge's day?
Sorcerer.

Attached: Angels_in_Byzantium.jpg (704x400, 70K)

>Weeping Angels
Get out of here with that faggot shit.

Vampire: The Masquerade calls those Gargoyles, user.

>you now have to face a Gargoyle who acts like a Weeping Angel for kicks

Attached: Gargoyles.png (508x500, 24K)

Not gargoyles, just very fast, very tough angel statues (like Cel/Fort10, limited activity time), so I call them Weeping Angels, since it fits. Never watched that show though.

What are the names for the player groups in each wod game? Such as hunter groups being called cells, vampire groups being called coteries, etc

He's right though. I just realized that gargoyles are now a lot cooler because weeping angels are gargoyles.

Yeah, you can even play one as such.
But rather important distinction for us, since gargoyles proper can be easily controlled or countered by Tremere who would be intended recipients of this surprise party.

hunter, cells
vampires, coteries
changelings, motleys
demons, cells too
geists, crews
mages, bunches of assholes
prommies, who the fuck cares
mummies, see above
beasts, furry cons

Vampire groups are called packs, though. Or groups, gangs, parties, whatever. Coterie is a word for Toreador, Ventrue and other faggots.

First for Dark Ages:True Fae

Attached: 1516617793016.jpg (1024x699, 144K)

Never played it. Why is it your favourite?

>Firstborn and Inanimae can actually interact with the world
>Barely any gay Chimerical shit
>Oaths
>More diverse courts
Only issue is a lot of the level 5 cantrips are pretty boring and or useless, unless you're using Day against Vampires in which case you stomp them completely.

Thanks. We're playing long Dark Ages chronicle, mostly vampire now (one ex-woof and one mage in bed with Tremere in the group). Going to read it and try to persuade ST to introduce it, maybe play one when I bite it, maybe as another side in all these conflicts.

Somebody has released Enemy action into the wild. Its on Nergals Vola if folk know what that means if not, check the pdf request thread and find it on that.

Pack is a Sabbat term

Winter Court would probably not mind allying with Vampires, especially if it's about fighting the Church and Inquisitors.

Attached: 1519008796026.jpg (1920x1280, 224K)

We (and everyone else involved, but we were the ones to kick the proverbial powder keg) had utterly wrecked the Church in north-eastern Europe, would that count for them?
They pulled back to around Middle East, France, Iberia and Italy and there they're stronger than ever, though. To the point that any given faithful zealot holds more power than royalty.

I actually really liked the idea of the ‘lost boys’ from Hurt Locker. Deus Ex with a touch of the supernatural. I’m curious if it’s a preview of what Deviant is going to be like.

Some Fae would definitely wish to ally with you in that case, mostly the Winter Court. Inquisitors are very dangerous to Fae.

It's found on kupdf alongside several other Dark Age books. Not full color, the pages have white borders around them and there are no bookmarks. Still, everything is of crisp quality.

How many master mages would be needed to take on a true fae or a Incarnate Beast?

Attached: rio_tokyo_ghoul_jail_kagune_v3_by_zashindo-dawhdhy.jpg (540x320, 58K)

A true master mage? Just one.

Great, I'll try to pitch it from that angle. Thanks again.

True Fae Dominions are weak af and can't even into countermagick with Mists

Incarna always beat Mages, unless those Archmages are Incarna themselves

STOP
Depends on what the Mage masters in certain paths will have trouble with a true fae and a Incarnate beast will wrek a master mage with the right nightmares

You replied "STOP" to the wrong person. Should have replied it to:

FUCK OFF mage supremacist. You faggots never realize mages are only OP in stupid white room battles with major prep time and all 10 arcana at max rank.

Not this again. Can all you how-many who-wins cunts go settle your differences elsewhere and not shit up another bloody thread?

So after doing my second playthrough of Vampire the masquerade bloodlines I decided to try to engross myself in the tabletop.
Maybe even make some characters of my own, or maybe a campaign. I have experience with tabletop rpg.
But although most of whaf i find is really cool, a lot of things are just plain weird to me.
Gehanna is real and the world actually fucking ends?
There's a dozen different supernatural creatures with their own societies? (I get werewolf and ghosts also mages to an extent but come on fucking fairies?)
An antediluvian actually awoke and was just killed by satellites?
Why are the Kuei-jin so different from other vampires? Why do they get to be so special?
Also I think I read somewhere that there is one vampire for every 100,000 people. But that can't be right. Most cities would only have less then 10 vampires and why even have primogen and such then?

Someone please help me get into this setting, I read the v20 core rulebook and have begun reading clanbooks.
Also another quick question. Anyone else here know the von Carstein vampires from warhammer? They are what got me into liking vampires. What clan would be most similar to them?

Attached: warhammer__isabella_von_carstein_by_soulfein-da9ed6a.jpg (867x922, 134K)

Kuei-Jin are actually Wraiths that permanently possess bodies, and when they consume Chi, they're consuming general energy of the universe. Vampires on the other hand, only become Wraiths when they reach Final Death.

VtM kind of sucks. You would have 10 times more fun playing Mage the Ascension 20th anniversary. Trust me when I tell you this.

Instead of playing Masquerade you should play Requiem. It's better than Masquerade in every way shape and form and it isn't held back by a shitty metaplot

>Gehanna is real and the world actually fucking ends?
VtM: yes. V20: no.
>There's a dozen different supernatural creatures with their own societies?
Yes. But you should safely ignore them altogether. Crossovers are rather wonky, anyway.
>An antediluvian actually awoke and was just killed by satellites?
Yes. Good riddance.
>Why are the Kuei-jin so different from other vampires? Why do they get to be so special?
Different origin, different spreading vector. Vampires are spread by Christianity. Kuei-Jin by Buddhism. Sometimes they mix (Ravana, Zao-Lat), but rarely ever well.
>Most cities would only have less then 10 vampires
Smaller cities, yes. Larger house hundreds. Megalopolises house thousands.
>von Carstein vampires
Old Tzimisce.

Yes. It was the official end of the World of Darkness line for a while, and the start of New World of Darkness (now in its second edition and called Chronicles of Darkness). World of Darkness is back though, although it's not really looking good.
>There's a dozen different supernatural creatures with their own societies? (I get werewolf and ghosts also mages to an extent but come on fucking fairies?)
People usually say mages are the ones that don't fit, ironically. But the Fae and Changelings aren't like fairies. At least not in Lost. Dreaming was different, it was all about staying a fairy. Lost is about being on the run from psycho monsters who made you half-psycho monster. But yeah. Werewolves, mummies, changelings, mages, ghost people, etc.
Yes.
>Why are the Kuei-jin so different from other vampires? Why do they get to be so special?
Don't know.
>Also I think I read somewhere that there is one vampire for every 100,000 people.
It's 1/10,000, but it's not really regarded as gospel.
>What clan would be most similar to them?
Ventrue, probably.

You were almost right until you said 20th anniversary.

Attached: 7aa728ac8ce9ed62baf952a1c1a2807e.png (400x34, 16K)

>Someone please help me get into this setting, I read the v20 core rulebook and have begun reading clanbooks
Don't bother Masquerade is terrible. I would recommend CoFDs Vampire the Requiem. As for clan Ventrue are pretty much Von Carsteins.

>Instead of playing Masquerade you should play Requiem. It's better than Masquerade in every way shape and form and it isn't held back by a shitty metaplot
Only if you want to be shat on by everyone instead of shitting on everyone & the metaplot is the best part of VtM

I can't believe none of the Magefags have posted this yet
theonyxpath.com/walking-in-the-world-mage-the-awakening/

Welcome, newfriend!

Yes. No. Maybe. Sort of. Some vampires believe that Gehnna is the actual, Book of Revelation style, end of the world. Others think it's merely the time where the Antediluvians will rise up and drink their Childer like juice boxes. Another group believes that Gehenna is cyclical, happening every 2300 years or so where the Antediluvians rise up, snack on their offspring and then go to sleep again. "Gehenna" is also a book that describes four end-of-the-world scenarios for Vampire: The Masquerade: one where God drops the second Deluge on the world in the form of a mist that only hurts vampires and saps their power and now the players have to try and survive and redeem themselves, one where Caine's ex is back and out for revenge, one where the Antediluvians wake up and start to judge their Childer for their crimes, and one where the Masquerade is broken, vampires start getting purged, the Antediluvians wake up, turn the planet into a wasteland and it's up to the players to defeat them thanks to a magic mormon floppy disc and maybe become the next Antediluvians themselves.

>There's a dozen different supernatural creatures with their own societies?
Yes. Werewolves, mages, ghosts, fairies, mummies, demons and the humans who hunt them. And don't mock the fairies, they will fucking murder you.

Yep. Every time a vampire dies it sends a shockwave through their ancestry all the way up to their Antediluvian, Zapathasura. He woke up and started wrecking Bangladesh, but was stoped thanks to the combined effort of a bunch of Chinese vampires and a faction of techno-wizards dropping magical nukes on him and used satellites to reflect sunlight onto him to finish him off.

They're not covered by the Curse of Caine, they're powered by Buddhism.

>Awakening
there's your problem.

How dangerous is it to fuck a True Fae?

Is it worth?

It is always worth it. However, the rest of Fae society might beat the snot out of you.

A honorable goal for a mage.

If you have Chimerstry then you're a god to faeries because everything you create is treated as a real and does chimerical damage against them

With Obfuscate 7 you can use "Visit Faerieland" to go to the Dreaming and fuck them up in their own realms

Awakening 2E is the best Darkness book ever written. This is irrefutable truth.

CofD is general is garbage buddy

Can you Ghoul a Fae?

Would part of Beast be made better if Beast manifested all or part of their Horrors when they used their powers rather than invisible + otherkin "I have a monster soul"?

With Integrity checks for witnesses.

I personally prefer "I only look human" over "I have a monster soul"

Mages are all incels, anyway. Especially sex mages. Although you sometimes meet, and wish you hadn't, Brucato Fritzl.

t. bumbling retard

>Anyone else here know the von Carstein vampires from warhammer? They are what got me into liking vampires. What clan would be most similar to them?

Old Clan Tzimisce. They're the ones that fit the image best.

have fun enjoying your crippling suffering over cheeseburgers

I mean binding your mundane blood and soul with something magical and outworldish is an act of denying material reality. Claiming communion with things beyond. Totaly would do it.

Post splats that can kick a mage's ass

Attached: 1520474409730.png (589x788, 452K)

the fact you can't even understand why that's thematic and interesting only proves my point, retard.

>World of Darkness is back though, although it's not really looking good.
Do you mean v20 what's wrong with it?
So the Kuei-jin are different because they don't have an abrahamic religion which believes in caine? That makes some sense actually.
>But you should safely ignore them altogether. Crossovers are rather wonky, anyway.
Alright. I was planning to do that anyways except for the rare werewolf and hunters because they seem tied to vampires.

Thanks for the help.

Attached: ddf067b9197adf38f5997974bb410f1c.jpg (439x696, 69K)

Get out of here with that faggy anime bullshit and stop discussing powerlevels in a situation that doesn't even apply.

>theonyxpath.com/walking-in-the-world-mage-the-awakening/
based Dave has not forsaken us

Angel: The Retribution

Attached: Archangel.jpg (900x1043, 882K)

>So the Kuei-jin are different because they don't have an abrahamic religion which believes in caine
They weren't indirectly created by Abrahamic God in his most evil interpretation. They 'know' it doesn't exist, just as they believe in Yama Kings and Jade/Demonic Emperor.

Lol

Mage

>So the Kuei-jin are different because they don't have an abrahamic religion which believes in caine? That makes some sense actually.
Yep. The Kuei-jin (portmanteu of the Mandarin words for ghost and person) are reincarnations of the ancient Wan Xian (ten thousand heroes) who became corrupted and are reborn into new bodies in an attempt to find enlightenment. This is in contrast with the Kindred for whom the concept of Golconda is more abstract and only a few try to attain it.

The wry part is that Caine, who is still alive at this point, could redeem himself by simply repenting and asking God for forgiveness.

How did they explain Saulot, anyway? An escapee from the hells?

Attached: Absolutely, 100%, definitely, Polish Witcher.pdf (PDF, 6.85M)

Lucifer too. Hilarious! Mentions it in the Gehenna book, when he gets shot with the love-gun.

okay I actually lol'd at this one

Nah, Lucifer's got his own stuff to deal with.

Attached: Lucifer's Reveal.png (400x1190, 232K)

>redeem himself by simply repenting and asking God for forgiveness
WoD God is a giant asshole. Caine tried everything, even outright begging to kill him, and was responded with uproarious cackle.

Attached: after the end.png (562x247, 134K)

I keep seeing this linked here, what is it actually trying to say?

From the same book.

Attached: Untitled.png (687x147, 48K)

if CofD is garbage, then why is Dracula stealing from it for V5?

it's not, anyone who thinks owod is better than cofd is an imbecile powergamer who can't roleplay for shit and should be playing Bunnies and Burrows instead of trying to act grown-up

Lucifer rebelled on god's orders, never told anyone about the 'on god's orders' part. Thinking back over the years gone by, He's terrified that God has fucked up on some cosmic level that has damned him, the world, humanity - everything. Or that maybe he was made to suffer. Maybe angels weren't a necessity, and maybe, just maybe, God's kind of a cunt.

Autist : The flamewar

>Do you mean v20 what's wrong with it?
Not V20. V5.

The Fall was engineered by God to give both humanity and the angels choice, and through that free will. That was the way He could let them reach full potential.

He's insulted because he knows what really happened.

Real life: The accounting
Works wonders against anime fags, too

Yeah, and? He can still be 'redeemed'. It's just about as likely as the entirety of California taking up Trump worship.

>thinks owod is better than cofd is an imbelice powergamer
>Awakening magefags are the greatest powergamers of /wodg/

>it's another autist screech episode

VtM Lucifer doesn't quite have the same origin as D:tF book, the Gehenna book even outlines this explictly

Lucifer would have to redeem himself in his own eyes and those of his peers because God is either gone or dead.

only in 2/3rd of the cases and only in Demon's Times of Judgement scenario

I should have added "with the exception of Mage", because that line is a god-waful mess in all iterations, as well as a haven for the worst retards, the ones who think they're smart

Well, not to him, apparently. And given that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong, that's a bit flawed.

You're welcome, user. i'll give it a rest for a few weeks. Unless I see the same idiot begging for the release then too, anyway. Try not to download anything titled "DTD - EnAc", because it's just the sample pages scrubbed of 'sample' and stitched over the top of more Witcher.

Well Lucifer still fucked up, God might have told him to rebel, but rebelling itself didn't make the fallen go evil, at the very start they weren't; Lucifer failed from keeping his peers from degenerating and fucking up cosmically

>S:Lucifer can be forgiven, it says so here. Or at least he thinks he does.
>R:he's got his own stuff
>R:no, wait, he has to forgive himself
>R:no, wait, he has to reform everyone else first

Pick one and stick with it. Last word games are stupid.

I was planning on buying it anyway, just gotta wait for my next paycheck

Nah. He's pretty much the Satan to them. Appeared before Xue (creator of Dharmas), learned all he could, backstabbed Xue and was gone, leaving behind taint, evil and misery. To the point that if they capitalize the Traitor, the Thief or the Deceiver, they're talking about him, and his name, if spoken at all, is never spoken without similar epithet.

I'm not the same user that had replied before lul

the fact is that in Times of Judgment Lucifer rebelled against God because She told him to do so in only one of the scenarios for the ST to choose, in the narrative of the novels they ran with the assumption that God ordered him to rebel

Okay. But he gets hit with God's big fat sticky white love gun, and thinks he can be redeemed. Or that there is redemption available. He, of all people, is going to know the difference between "magic faith gun that fires pretend god's love" and "god's love".

In what book does it say Saulot is the Demon Emperor?

It doesn't. he's just called a cunt. Zao-lot the traitor, usually.

In the follow-up line he could might as well felt insulted because he knows what really happened back then: God ordering him to rebel

He isn't. And, since he wouldn't be coming back he isn't even considered a Yama King. Just apocryphal betrayer.

Yeah, sure. But it doesn't say "THERE IS NO REDEMPPTTIOOOON."

>When something happens, the group always has some kind of line used to justify its actions, both to the world at large, and to its members. Often enough, this manifests as a catchphrase that serves as the banner under which the group operates. “Gay marriage is against the Bible!” “The US government is a modern dictatorship, and we’ll bring it down!” “It’s about ethics in journalism!”

>But in their own ways, each Skill can be used as an instrument of harm. In this section, we provide some ideas for various ways different Skills could be used in the Hurt Locker style.
>Computer: Online Harassment
>doxxing...may not seem like the worst thing that could possibly happen. The truth of the matter is that doxxing never happens in a vacuum. If someone cares enough to dig up information and publish it, odds are others will be sufficiently motivated to act upon it. The Storyteller should roll a die every chapter — a failure indicates that the victim is clear of harassment for the remainder of the story, while a success indicates that a stalker will harass him in some way.

>Precinct 44
>Kusari Gama listed as weapon, despite being statistically identical to existing weapon
>entire section on Tokyo

I found the worst drinking game. Reading Hurt Locker and noting every part that screams "Extremely Online weeb who still lives in terror of gamergate and/or Trump."

Attached: anonymous-is-leejun.pdf (PDF, 462K)