/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Jagar Tharn is... HOT? Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

Except for Jagar Tharn of course!

Previous kalpa:

Attached: sketch___jagar_tharn_by_violetta_altory-dbx0irb.jpg (1024x1024, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/tonal-architecture
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Kagrenac's_Tools_(book)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you guys think they decided to place Skyrim so far apart in time from the other games?

Attached: 1390099958801.jpg (730x1095, 162K)

Not too sure tbqh. 100 years or even less would have worked just the same while making the TES world appear less stagnant.

Eh I think they had no idea on what to do after the Oblivion Crisis and death of the last Septims, so they decided to have character play some time after that, with some new lore written about what happened during the timeskip

I truly think it could have been done in 50ish since the only real thing to be explained would be the Thalmor and their rise to power but I think the time post-Septim and Red Mountain would be perfect for it. Although, I suppose does see the birth of the Third Aldmeri Dominion.

I suppose that makes sense but I think it muddies the ability to get some people into the previous games since they're set so seemingly unrealistically far in the past.

Attached: 1384967706665.jpg (799x999, 188K)

Eh I honestly always saw Skyrim as a soft reboot of sorts, partly because it seems so distant from previous ES games

Except the Bookseries was set fairly shorty after the Oblvion Crisis.
Kind of have to wonder why Bethesda hasn't had anymore books released.

Not distant enough, honestly.

Understandable, the change in mechanics and general accessibility definitely seem to point that way. Do you think that's why they chose the supposed end-of-the-world, Alduin scenario? You know, as a sort of tongue-in-cheek take on what they were doing with the series?

I honestly think they just got lazy

Hahahaha, I do too. I just hoped someone had a little faith.

Anyone have any hopes for what they do next, lore-wise? Personally, I am kinda hoping for more conflict between the Thalmor and Empire. I am actually pretty okay with exploring this time period more.

Attached: 1379755681423.jpg (750x993, 210K)

They'll likely do that as they were building up for that conflict pretty much the entire civil war quest line, so we'll likely have next game set near the frontlines, maybe Hammerfall or Elsweyr and have a faction choice, or just fight for the Empire if they are feeling lazy...although a man can hope for a questline based on reforming Aldmeri Dominion to be less nazi

I hope the Empire is fucking gone by the next game.

Theory: Keening doesn't hurt you in Skyrim because the lore stated that Wraithguard was meant to protect you from the power of the Heart that the Tools harvested, not from Keening and Sunder themselves.

Vivec says this in Morrowind
>Wraithguard's primary function is to protect the wearer from the fatal energies of the artifacts Sunder and Keening. It also has minor protective enchantments against physical and magical damage that you may find useful.

Not quite.

>...When held, the power of the weapons deals mortal blows to the wielder if not protected. Keening sucks the life from them, and Sunder overwhelms the life. Wraithguard blocks both assaults, allowing the wearer to be safe.

imperial-library.info/content/tonal-architecture

This implies that the tools themselves damage the person using the tools if not protected by wraithguard, as is seen in Morrowind.

Hmmm...is there any specific way it damages a person? Like through destroying a soul and such

Just so you are aware, the page you linked is a fan-made text/theory, so pulling direct quotes from it doesn't really mean much.

If you have any other sources of be interested in reading them. Being on the imperial library is normally pretty solid for me. Uesp doesn't have much info at all on the matter.

I really hope it is Elsweyr, the way Elsweyr is developed in Elder Scrolls Online and how they made Khajits less gay (and also argonians) makes me more interested in elsweyr or the black marsh.

Attached: Khenarthi's_Roost.jpg (1920x1080, 605K)

They also had to explain the post-oblivion Nord Imperialization and culture shift. So that's probably why it was so large of a jump.

I still wonder how they would implement Black Marsh if they did, I mean it is canonically a hell hole where only argonians are immune to its diseases, then again, maybe ESO explained it but I never played it

In teso you just played in the outter zones, the ones dunmer could actually colonize and all that. Also, black marsh was mainly unhabitable to non argonians because of the Khanhaten flu, with the illness gone black marsh is still a hellhole because of the hostile creatures that live there but at least now its not an instakill to go there like in the flu times

>Mfw Veeky Forums was flooded with /pol/fags whining about elven gender
If only they knew.

Attached: 1458956705201.png (2000x2000, 78K)

The weapons were connected to the heart, now that the heart is gone their power is fading

What should I do with Vivec's soul in Morrowind?

Either keep it and occasionally look at it, or enchant a spear and call it Muatra.

Attached: 1440802126650.jpg (1280x2218, 306K)

Give it to Azura as a tribute.

Attached: 68K5Ury.gif (105x261, 45K)

>Tfw no big tiddie Daedra patron gf

I like to enchant a pair of pants with a boost to luck.

>Bothering with luck

Attached: Seen any elves.png (256x240, 60K)

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Kagrenac's_Tools_(book)

>Wraithguard is an enchanted gauntlet to protect its wearer from destruction when tapping the heart's power.

>He doesn't level luck

Luck is OP as fuck at 80+

I suppose that depends on your build. I always play sorcerer types that rely on enchantments more, so the chance to cast is yes. Not to mention that the effects of having Willpower at 80 for casting spells is better than having 80 luck. I really only boost my luck when I'm doing the alchemy exploit, when I make potions of Fortify Intelligence/Luck to a ludicrous degree, and sometimes use them with other OP potions when I want to feel like a god.

I max agility and boost luck and just Dodge attacks all day long. What weapon I'm using doesn't matter because I'm hardly ever hit.

Morrowinds combat is fun when you know what you're doing.

I'm pretty sure simply boosting agility makes you harder to hit than boosting your luck.

Jagar tharn is blatantly a trace of fucking Raistlin. Not like D&D plagarism isn't rampant in TES or anything- I.E TESIV's Ice Atronachs are literally those Psionic Constructs from the expanded Psionics handbook of 3.5.

It does, which is why I mentioned both. Agility is the main stat, and luck boosts it even further.

I thought you were talking about boosting above 100, in which case it would make more sense to focus on agility.

You're not fucking serious are you?

Attached: Astral_Construct.jpg (400x549, 97K)

Will we get to Akavir before Mundus ends in the 5th era?

Lol, no.

>Wanna say that again to my face you little swit

Attached: Gaenor.png (600x1000, 1002K)

Why the fuck not, Todd?

Bcus $$$$

Because that would be hard, and Bethesda is lazy.

Beyond Elder Scrolls VI - Valenwood: Akavir when?

>Akavir when?
Never.

Never

Elder Scrolls will always be set in Tamriel, that's simply how the story works, it is the focal point of the series.
Akavir was never added into the lore to be a part of the games, it was added into the lore to imply there were strange lands that existed beyond Tamriel, to put things beyond the scope of the world you are in.
In other words "Mysterious Akavir" will remain a mystery. Hopefully forever. But then again, I could see Zenimax bringing back the Dwemer if they thought it would boost their sales.

What's you're favorite race in the elder scrolls and why, Veeky Forums?

Personally I really like the Khajiit. Between the ties to the lunar lattice, lorkhan, and azura they seem like a really interesting race that hasn't been explored in depth, which leaves just enough mystery to be interesting. The variety of Khajiit "breeds" is also an interesting touch, I'd love to see how something like that effects the day-to-day interactions between citizens of Elsweyr.

I also secretly want lusty Khajiit and Argonian maids/slaves.

For me it's the Bretons - partly because they were what I first picked to play, but I think that there's some really interesting lore for them underneath the generic medieval human tropes they so often get buried under. They also have enough history to feel really connected to other provinces - trade relations and wars with Hammerfell, wars with the Orcinium, and so on, so they feel kind of grounded. It seems like a great place to adventure, going from a small town in Northmoor to the great city in Wayrest, if not as exotic as Resdayn.

Though I should probably mention that my next two favorite races are the Dunmer and the Khajiit, it's unfair to leave them out.

Attached: pge01_highrock_pic_05.jpg (200x661, 71K)

I'm hoping for a schism between the Colovians and the Nibinese. Also a new outrageously racist "empire of man" based out of Hammerfell.

Redguard, first race I picked to play like and because no matter where they show up, they always seem to be a bit "off" from everyone else. It's not like Bretons were they're the in-between of Mer and Men or Nords and Imperials where its various flavors of Men or the elves which are just...y'know, various flavors of Mer. They always seem to be the outsiders.

Which is kind of fitting considering their lore - coming from a different cycle, their own pantheon and culture.

Attached: Хундинг.jpg (760x500, 109K)

I need lore that could drive someone mad in the tes universe. Zero summing and chim shit don't count.

Attached: Skingrad.jpg (1280x800, 52K)

The black books, Sheo, Amalexia was driven mad during the events of Tribunal as she grew weaker and weaker, pretty sure Hermaeus Mora could just outright cause you to go mad if he wanted you to, IIRC reading the elder scrolls should cause you to go mad if you're not trained (but I might be miss remembering that), being a high ranking Telvanni,

For sheo it would be easy af to make you go mad bc, you know, he is the prince of madness.

Wrong construct. It's purple. You'll know it when you see it.

The Oblivion Crisis was an inside job.
The Emperor is really a Hist controlled lizard man in disguise.
Tamriel is flat, but the Mages Guild, every navigator in the world, and the Emperor himself have worked to keep the general populus from knowing.
The Mages Guild is constantly firing Telepathic waves at every person in Tamriel so they can read your thoughts, and the only way to prevent it is to wear a Colovian tin hat.

I don't know but I liked it and I hope the next game will have another little time jump (maybe 100 years instead of 200)

I think most of us agree that Akavir should never be a setting for the games, as it would ruin the mistery behind it.
However, I would love a game where the main threat is another akaviri invasion.

That does sound interesting

>What's you're favorite race in the elder scrolls and why, Veeky Forums?
Dunmer, I love their culture

Right? Imagine the possibilities
>never before seen race invades (either kamal or tsaeci, hell even an alliance maybe)
>tamriel is mostly fractured and unable to really stand against this enemy
>possible political shenanigas to ensure a cooperation between races now that the empire is a goner
>possible betrayals or unexpected alliances among certain factions
>trying to ask for help to some Ka'Po'Tun or Tang Mo that followed their enemies
>Ye Ol' Daedric princes who jump at the new opportunities
>You [Prisoner] that have to untangle all this mess
>Bethesda's utter inability to make any of this interesting and instead cutting all in favour of copypasted dungeons
And much more...

Let's be real for a second, the Dunmer have the advantage of having the best game explain their culture, which is also original on its own. It is a shit culture though and actually being a non-great house Dunmer doesn't seem fun.

Being a peasant isn't funny in any culture

We could argue that everyone is a peasant in Black Marsh though

Temple Zero, get out of here!

Hey, don't make AKA's space-car into an Alex Jones level conspiracy theorist.

Any game set in Hammerfell would likely use sword singing as its gimmick.
A Valenwood game could probably use a monster morphing (wild hunt) gimmick.
Any other provinces associated with a power/force that could be utilized as a gameplay gimmick?

They're dumping alchemical reagents in the water that are turning the freakin' Argonians gay!

My ideal set up for the next TES would be set in Hammerfell, with the PC as the Hoonding trying to get the AD to fuck off.
There would be rumors about a new Empire in the North with a Dragon emperor, duking it out with the AD for control over what remains of the collapsed Cyrodiilic regime.

So, I just read C0DA for the first time yesterday, suddenly Morrowind's lore seems pretty tame by comparison.
Seriously, what the fuck was Kirkbride going on about, this is the kind of stuff you'd find in a mental institution written on a patients wall with their own shit.

Attached: 213413241324.png (500x496, 581K)

Black Marsh could have Hist sap stat bonuses through some Hist fuckery so it works for any race do long as the chosen one does things beneficial for them.

Khajiit could have some lorkhan or Azura blessings for the chosen one. Not really sure about any cultural/racial powers inherent with them though.

All that leaves are the altmer, which we will never get a game on Summerset, and the Brenton's, who I don't know enough about to speculate on.

He REALLY needs an editor, but it's basically a bunch of symbolism for what is needed to bring about an Amaranth and start a new dream.

Assuming they want to take the Thu'um as a base, the only other thing that comes close to it would be only Sword Singing, in the way it can fuck with the Dream. Unless someone starts using Tonal architecture again.
Khajit's different breeds is the only other gimmick I can think of.

>which we will never get a game on Summerset
Why not? Considering how important is the Dominion now, it seems like a good place

>with the PC as the Hoonding
as long as I can ignore it, I'm fine with it. I hated being forced to be the Dragonborn, in Morrowind you can roleplay anyone and not being locked into "chosen one" unless you want to

>Implying we'll ever get games in Black Marsh or Elyswere
Way too alien for the current fanbase Bethesda is going for, the most we'll get is Hammerfell.

Aren't Thu'um, sword singing and other similiar stuff just weaker and limited versions of tonal architecture?

Thu'um is a blessing from the Gods

not quite, they all use different methods to trick the Dream, with Thu'um being shouting at it, Sword Singing cutting away at it, and Tonal Architecture being basically a chirurgical magic way of tuning the Dream.
They are all different in the methods, but yes Tonal Architecture is the most precise one. Which doesn't mean most powerful but most useful indeed.

>Read The Real Barenziah
>Dunmer girls are canonly massive sluts who are likely to have threesomes before they even have their first period
>Orcs are seen on the same level as fucking goblins and ogres

Attached: 1400095430226.jpg (284x276, 12K)

Khajiit would likely deal with the prophecy of the Dro'Jizad.
Because the Altmer are going to let some bum ass Nord anywhere near their island

>khajits have barbed dicks

The Khajiits can also acquire super powers by taking drugs, but I doubt something like that would fly in a main installment of the series.

>Dunmer girls are canonly massive sluts who are likely to have threesomes before they even have their first period
Re-read the book, it's just Barenziah.

Question: is a massive slut who only wants to fuck favoured by Mephala or by Sanguine? Does Dibella also approve?
Dibella=Sex as a beautiful act
Mephala=Sex and also deceiving
Sanguine=Anything debauchery really
correct?

Nah, they outright say that Dark Elf girls have a reputation for being "pro... Pro... Prostitutes"

The Hoonding can be anything from a person, to a political movement, to an inanimate object, right?
It would be neat if the game let us determine (or never specified) who or what assumes the role of the Hoonding.

"Mom, what's for dinner?"
"Hrodulf, don't call me 'mom' just because I married your father."
"How should I call you then?"
"Same as before - Bjorn the Brave."

>Elves are promiscuous by nature, you know. Everyone says so
>Everyone' is wrong, then. Some are, some aren't. The Emperor -- and I -- expect you to display both discrimination and good taste
>I strongly suggest you model your deportment after our good Drelliane. Milady
>I'd as lief be back in Darkmoor!" Barenziah snapped resentfully, offended at the thought of emulating the frigid, prudish Drelliane in any way
Basically Barenziah gets told by some Nord lady ("everyone") that Elves are promiscuous when they are in their teens. Barenziah brings this up to Symmachus and he says, 'nah girl, you're just a fucking whore.' And then tells her to model her behavior after Drelliane, a woman who was actually raised in Dunmer society and likewise happens to be very reserved and in control.

Dibella's sphere is more in the line of sacred sex, the beauty that exists in the union of two. I tend to doubt mindless whoring is in her favor, it's more the intimate loving side of sex.
Mephala on the other hand is the dark side of sex. The taboo, in fact, see her as the reason sex is taboo. Sex as it is meant to be hidden from others, sex as a weapon. There are other ways of looking into Mephala's role regarding sex, mostly in her considering her other aspect as the god of murder, where she is essentially the god of giving and taking life. In the Mephalan vision ,sex is a dangerous and powerful instrument not to be taken lightly.
Sanguine on the other hand is the Prince of revelry and debauchery, he just wants you to have a good time and doesn't care how you do it. So I would say mindless fucking falls mainly into his realm.

>think Khajiit have very interesting lore
>get called a furry
>at least half the fanart for Khajiit is furry shit like this
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: star_the_khajiit_by_skykain-d4qlxg9.jpg (752x1063, 115K)

Tell me about it. I like the Khajiit lore a lot but there's such a massive amount of furry garbage to wade through that I have up looking for good art.

Honestly what did you expect? They are literally humanoid cats whos entire body is clad in fur

Careless hedonism is very much Sanguine's thing.

Welcome to any animal race in any fantasy setting.

Attached: 6877535847_c2586122e4_o.jpg (1800x1307, 327K)