/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

Hey mods maybe delete the troll 5e thread made by the guy named "Pathfinderfag" edition
>Unearthed Arcana: Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine!
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA_preview_duergar.pdf

>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
What's your character's personal quest? What do they want to accomplish more than anything?

Attached: drag.jpg (2560x1600, 2.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hU3YdKa_OJs
docs.google.com/document/d/1O_iB3GisUuOo6IthChScexVf9hK3eYWZMd327Q3eya4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's your character's personal quest?
Hoard money and find powerful magic items

It's just gonna be deleted again.

This. Nobody likes pathfinderfag and if it were up to me he would be banned

If you delete this one then delete the bait thread too and wipe the slate clean.

How do we make the Sorcerer class more intuitive and fun to play?

Attached: 1481655335502.jpg (607x780, 240K)

Add more Metamagic options and increase their Sorcery Points

>What do they want to accomplish more than anything?

To be captain of their own boat with a full crew.

How this makes the class more intuitive?

To actually play instead of just being an idea

Don't delete this, fucking hell, stupid tripfags.

Kill dragons.

It's okay user, you will play one day

Attached: 1520052614722.gif (498x278, 540K)

That was my question as well.

Should they have powers instead of spells?

Curse of Strahd spoilers:
So, I'm DMing a Strahd game, and my players encountered a revenant from Argynvostholt while traveling to Vallaki.
Upon reaching Vallaki, they instantly decided to head to Argynvostholt and I'm not sure how to deter them. They're level 4, and it's a zone recommended for level 7's. What do?

Origin spells; More meta-magic options; More sorcery points.

Honestly I'm not sure how the Sorcerer isn't already one of the most intuitive casters, but having more SP to toy around with at least lets you use your features instead of being limiting.

Can't complain too much, I'm just a forever DM who wants to be a paladin again.

I'm in favor of giving them an increasing x/day uses of "cast a spell you don't know" in some form.

Throw monsters at them that are just tough enough to show them that they shouldn't be there yet, but just weak enough not to kill them

How about I can only take damage spells that deal my Draconic Ancestry's damage type then? Like that's the one exception. And Poison spells are the least common if I recall correctly.

>What's your character's personal quest? What do they want to accomplish more than anything?

I'm the DM. Most are focused on stopping what looks like an attempt by Llolth to enter the prime realm and spider the world. The one barbarian is likely looking at settling family issues - he was banned by his father - but his father may have been controlled by an artifact/axe.

Myself, I'm trying to figure out how I want the two things to connect.

Everyone always asks for more metamagics, but what would additional metamagic options even look like?

>but his father may have been controlled by an artifact/axe
This is why you never get married

What's the most fun way to play a Cleric?

lol

>I'm not sure how the Sorcerer isn't already one of the most intuitive casters
Sorcerer is the easiest class to fuck up. Metamagic requires system mastery and book work to use properly, Font of Magic allows for resource entropy (by converting spell slots and sorcery points), very limited spell list and spell known and Metamagic compatibility issues mean that a sorcerer could literally take two metamagic choices which compel the player to use two entirely different sets of spells (like Twinned and Careful Spell).

Origin spell lists a la Cleric Domain Spells.
Give Sorcerers an additional 10 spells and they end up with 25 known by level 20 which keeps them competitive with other casters.

Sorcerers should be less flexible than Wizards and lack the support utility of Bards but have more powerful spells that they can cast more often as a counterbalance.

Changing damage type would be useful for Draconic Sorcerers that didn't pick fire

I don't think that helps though.

Just have big boy Argynvost's ghost tell them to fuck off until they get his skull.

Then that's fixed (or at least alleviated) by adding to the amount of metamagics the sorc can know at one time, and giving them more SP to make more slots and not have them choose between their own class features.

Personally, I always felt that sorcerers shouldn't have magic spells. But instead have abilities. Able to forge and form magic. Perhaps they might mimic spells, but wouldn't actually be the spells themselves.

Repost because other thread is weeb, while I talk about my actually good weeb shit.

So I started a new campaign recently. Party consists of a young aasimar paladin, twin tiefling blood hunters (ones a trap, the other is a muscle girl), and a drunken master monk. They started at level 5, and had 1000gp to spend on uncommon magic items, or whatever other adventuring gear they wanted,

My question today is regarding the drunken master. He started with the Alchemy Jug (of course), and i've been giving him other homebrew magical jugs to collect. So far after defeating a mimic he was able to get a small magical jug of mimic adhesive. While I realize its potential to be overpowered as shit, I want to make some more collectable jugs for him.

So far I plan on 1.) Jug of Endless Bees (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES)
2.) Jug of Blood (to be looted off a vampire)
3.) Jug of Eternal Flame (once opened, shoots a stream of alchemical fire in a straight line, does low damage but the flame lingers and is hard to put out)

All the jugs are a once per day use, got any others i could use?

So like Wot4E but without being garbage?

collectible limited edition mugs and jugs

I know the current way has better granularity, but I wonder if making metamagic into spells again (sorc exclusives) wouldn't be a good idea anyway. You'd add extra spells known to compensate, and you'd be allowed to learn as many or as few as you want, as well as replace them on level up.

Great joke pops

Like Warlock's Invocations?

>making metamagic into spells again
So that the Bard can steal? Gosh, I hate Magical Secrets

How much warning do I have to give my players that they're wandering into somewhere far above their ability to fight
I want this to be a "oh fuck let's come back later" area but they're being persistent despite the encounters being a dead heat every time

Jug of Spiders
Jug of Paint
Jug of Gentle Summer Breeze That Isn't Too Hot and Isn't Too Cold

>Making a dublicate thread an hour after the first.
For what purpose.

Mods, please.

It wouldn't be the first time bards stole a class feature that way, so yeah.

Nice try, shadshitter

>Jug of Gentle Summer Breeze That Isn't Too Hot and Isn't Too Cold

Lukewarm Breeze?

If they're consistently defeating monsters above their pay grade shouldn't they be close to level soon?

Because the original was started by a shitposting tripfag that nobody likes and has devolved into an anime incest thread

Wouldn't such a place be obvious from the perspective of the society in the setting? Let them know that they're heading into a place that not even braver and stronger warriors than them go, a place that even peasants know is deadlier than the places they've been before. Like how people in the real world know not to fuck around in shark infested waters even if you're hot shit, and actively warn people of the dangers ahead.

I like that one. Gonna add a little potpourri to it, so when you open it the room you're in just becomes comfy af

Just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well as Jug of GSBTITHAITC

>I want this to be a "oh fuck let's come back later" area but they're being persistent despite the encounters being a dead heat every time

I mean if they wanna keep going even if they might be using up to many resources then let them but start double questioning everything they do so they start doubting everything they try and eventually turn back or die. Or you could just outright warn them before the session starts.

Yeah, to be honest, yeah I guess. It just never felt like 'having spells' was right.

>Like Warlock's Invocations?
And that is the problem. The Warlock has already staked out some of that territory.
My own thought was something more akin to Ars Magica. Though that would be far too complicated. But maybe a simplification of that system some how?

Easier said than done

they have levelled up but they've just beat up the outside guard grunts, when it gets indoors and they start fighting the actual lair inhabitants they'll get absolutely owned even if they level up
I'm wondering how I can motion to them that they're out of their depth
I had several wandering NPCs warn them of this labyrinth and to stay away from it, but that's only served to whip them into a frenzy for the fame and glory they'll get
I think I'll do that, stick in an encounter designed to take all their resources then follow it up with a second encounter so they panic and leave

Give me a fixed Undying lock god fucking dann reeeeeee

>but that's only served to whip them into a frenzy for the fame and glory they'll get
Well then it looks like they're going to learn the exact same lesson that most people who get greedy for glory learn.

Also my starting stats would be 16 con 16 dex 18 charisma (half elf)

Is half elf variant worth considering for a sorcerer?
2 skill proficiencies seem better than 35 move speed or a couple of useless weapon proficiencies

>Is half elf variant
There's a variant half elf?

Play a death cleric like me! He travels with neutral/good adventurers by pretending to be a polite nice guy, but deep down he actually worships murder and he kills young virgin women whenever he can.

How do you pronounce Aasimar?

Attached: E506D3C5-FA8C-4F1B-BB75-9A82778573DA.png (1024x809, 403K)

Reformed criminal turned southern preacherman with a slight drinking problem.

A-sim-ar

Ass-eye-mare

Ah-ah-zee-mar

ace-your-mom

A-ass-ee-mah-ru

Honestly drow half elf is crazy good

Ā-see-mar (mar as in “damage”)

High Elf grants you an extra cantrip from the Wizard list, and Drow Magic broadens your casting, which is going to use CHA anyways.

It's in SCAG.

>damage
dah-mash

What does /5eg/ think of Aasimar? I think they’re too close to human, so choosing them feels like: “I want to be a human, but I also want to special”.

I feel like if they dictated bleach white hair, skin, eyes it would make them a better choice than just a really nice human

Attached: 303BDB98-D906-4FB7-8FFA-7945C31E4A06.jpg (785x1091, 572K)

>(mar as in “damage”)
dar-mage?
da-marge?

>feels like: “I want to be a human, but I also want to special”.
you understand them perfectly.

Too snowflakey for me Tbh

youtu.be/hU3YdKa_OJs

celestial version of the tiefling
but tieflings are semen demons so there's no contest there

>I want to be a human, but I also want to special
Are you talking about elves?

>I want to be a human, but I also want to special

That's about the long and short of it. I had one DM that really liked the idea of Aasimar having a guiding Deva that would occasionally grant visions and dreams, and so your Aasimar could take on the appearance of any of the humanoid races, but still a very perfect version of that race.

>>I want to be a human, but I also want to special
I managed to do that yesterday, when I rolled 15/12/15/13/17/13 - before I picked my race.

So I picked Human. Level 4, I got Resilient(Dex) so now I have 16/14/16/14/18/18 stats.

I unironically use Awoken as my Aasimar

Attached: 4F3ABF21-0F80-4AC5-8AA0-668C6AA5D966.gif (245x270, 1.32M)

Cancer

I want to tell you to fuck off to /v/, but that’s a good idea

Or maybe I should just use Fire damage spells (+fire ancestry) and flavor it as "oh I use the firebolt to light my candles"

>xgte didn't have any racial feats for vgtm races

Attached: 1501257084682.jpg (412x387, 40K)

Imagine the outrage if WotC had published feats in a book for races that you would only have access to in another book. No way is that a good idea.

Of course it doesn't, why would I need to buy another book just to use the content from the one I bought?

Jug of Endless Water
Jug of Air (cast levitate or something)
Jug of Holding
Jug of Oil
Jug of Grease
Jug of Fog

Well, yes, this is how it's gonna be from now on. Each new book will pretend that the previous one never happened. Why do you think they reprinted Mastermind and Bladesinger?

>"oh I use the firebolt to light my candles"
Now I'm imagining a Sorcerer who learned Firebolt instead of Prestidigitation and he's too proud to admit that Prest is more useful so he carries around a jar of small bugs to put on things he wants to light since Firebolt can't target something that isn't a creature.

Attached: XGE Bonus - Expanded Racial Feats.pdf (PDF, 3.39M)

And sun soul monk.

>Bladesinger
They didn't do that

If I'm gonna list every single thing they reprinted in Xanathar's, I'm gonna die of old age before finishing.

I think they'll eventually just shy away from the "PHB+1" AL rule, reprinting stuff like that is fine now but hurts sales and content more in the long run.

"subrace of elf."

"Aacимap"

Shit that's DM's guild content? I convinced my gm it was a preorder bonus cause that's what the trove titled it.

It was a preorder bonus, if you bought XGtE from D&D Beyond. They got some people to pay for subpar/shitty homebrew.

Ah-zeh-mahr

Made a homebrew cleric domain for my game. Have a player interested in a cleric of many minor gods. Any comments on it would be appreciated

docs.google.com/document/d/1O_iB3GisUuOo6IthChScexVf9hK3eYWZMd327Q3eya4/edit?usp=sharing

Have them use spell point variant from the dmg. The metamagic spell points are added to this. Let them select their spells from the wizard spell list.