Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Rootkings Edition
Previous Thread : New Books have been added

Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed)

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Malign Portents Stories
malignportents.com/story/the-clockmakers-tale/
malignportents.com/story/rodbuls-last-fight/

New books

>Callis and Toll The Old Ways
mega.nz/#!JNJiwSLZ!HM0fIa9VjF2hWWpJOS0fymB6kd944VYdHmrk7yKQ2N4

>The Tainted Axe
mega.nz/#!QRx1gIwS!X3bvo8LQgV6V1Q12C2Y5dnM3m4lF5IkvxTKMzdQuazs

>The Witch Takers
mega.nz/#!5URyAJTZ!edeqlJAaUNRXsDVBHyGuyL5g3JXlbLej0Ug_oY7qtao

>Thread Question
What author would you like to write AOS books?

Attached: ec4f438247996dd79b59ad9ec985187e.jpg (495x600, 39K)

Which 40k models could be reasonably be ported over for use as an AOS army?

Attached: tf.png (225x225, 5K)

Chaos Daemons

>be freeguild legacy faggot
>find MoM Miniatures
>notice their conquistador style halberdiers and knights
>awesome
>was looking for Empire Knights for ages
>halberdier models just a bonus
>notice all the weapons except for lances look like trash
Why are they so trash? Why do they ruin the models with this shit?

Attached: momweps.png (1918x818, 3.02M)

>What author would you like to write AOS books?
Sandy Mitch or Dan Abnett. Maybe then the characters won't feel like box cut outs.

Working on an orc shaman, pretty happy with how he has turned out so far but I have a ton left to do. He’s super complicated and layered so painting him is pretty hard for me as
I’m still super new to mini painting

Attached: 12AC1593-3D6D-4E4A-8FA8-5EA87C6DBAAD.jpg (3264x2448, 1.46M)

Nth for Werewolves pls

Attached: 4531800bfe4a3de45231fe718e402f2f24c85303.png (1039x1200, 585K)

make sure to paint very nice fire and gud glowy effects, but who am i to give you advice, all i painted in my life were some shitty skeletons long time ago

TZEENTCH BOYS FUCK HARD

Attached: lord-of-change-duncan1.jpg (939x542, 127K)

Kroot, Tyrannid, some monkish techless Tau, some Dark Eldar and Harlequin units, Dark Eldar Mandrakes and beasties.

Mandrakes and beasties could pass as a monsters of ulgu or order faction.

Soon

Attached: 00983A93-D15A-4754-9C5B-C6DD643DA027.jpg (400x513, 38K)

St. Celestine, same base size and appearance of a Prosecutor.

Attached: Warhammer celestine-horz-duncan.jpg (753x417, 76K)

If sigmar was a planeswalkers what colors would he be and what would his stats be?

Hey I've been working on my Freeguild Marauder/swordsmen and started painting them. It's my first time painting models so I'm taking the sarge to my LHS for advice on how to continue.

Namely making a believable skin tone. Since there is a good chance the resident painting expert won't be in today, any advice how to continue? What should I do next? Did I lay the base paint on too thick?

Attached: 20180316_091533~2.jpg (2080x2128, 735K)

Magic is a gay

but probably white-red

>what colors would he be

Red/White. Order, justice, a desire to build and shelter, measured fury and wrath.

Neat

Attached: 27b7d10b54f495e2f9e62c9e2abaf57657f91229_209601_848_1200.jpg (290x416, 42K)

Non-gag female Destruction units

WHEN?

Attached: warhammer man eater.jpg (920x950, 76K)

Never.

Anyone here have any experience ordering from mantic’s site? I ordered some bone bros about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but they still haven’t gotten here, and my trash in my email as already gotten rid of the receipt

man I want to like magic but I feel like the past few years it's really hit a steep decline. I got into the arena beta and it's so bad I don't even feel like playing it

>human non-chaos barbarians
>can turn into bears, wolves etc
>live for nothing but battle
>hot as hell 80s cheesecake barbarian waifus
>follow their own gods/aspect of gorkamorka
I know this describes over a dozen different fantasy dudes and are way too generic but it'd be kinda cool.

Attached: diii-female-barbarian heavy metal warriors.jpg (475x706, 62K)

I think you're fucked, dude

The Egyptian themed Amonkhet plane is gorgeous and every race and land from it are beautiful.

To keep this from sliding away from /aosg/, Keep fighting buddy, I love Egypt too.

That's what happens when SJWs take over your hobby. I got out a year or so ago but the warning signs were there long before that.

Attached: c4rd4r7_4PtlrfJixC.jpg (750x450, 251K)

So I'm just starting out, I wanna play a load of 1000pt games before I expand into 2000pts, to see what I like more. This is the list I'm going with. Is this a bad idea? Should I trade the black knights for 20 more skeletons?

Painting and building black knights sounds a lot more fun than another 20 skeletons, but I imagine 40 skeletons is a lot more competitive. Do you think I'm shooting myself in the foot by not optimizing?

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blades
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Halberds
5 x Black Knights (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 67

Attached: army.jpg (1352x948, 426K)

Nuln oil. Lots of it.

So last week we got star wars death star destroying. This week seems to be working together to stop the apocalypse.

Roll call everyone! Whose with me?

Attached: post-211-0-23737400-1369090946.jpg (960x609, 79K)

the art and set design is the only thing mtg has going for it though, the actual gameplay is at one of the lowest in the game's history with the worst standard since probably affinity and the worst series of bannings ever, on top of that the last few sets have been disasters with the last 2 masters sets being awful and the card quality declining non stop

>LE SJWs

Attached: thumb.jpg (800x450, 34K)

What brought you over to AoS?

Angry Trees reporting in. Gonna turn Nagashizzar into a nice new forest.

Attached: 1224615474106.jpg (557x720, 254K)

Oh they still exist

Attached: warhammer-cafe-1081589.jpg (1280x720, 437K)

#
What do you run in your Brayherd, user? What are your tactics? I like the models but I always lose.

Anyone? Any advice at all?

Which unit should I paint next?
Skulltaker
Bloodsecrator
Slaughterpriest

sorry, i hate freeguild so my advice won't be objective

You are shooting yourself in the foot but I'm of the opinion that fun > optimization

Stay out of our realm, fleshies.

Attached: nagashedit.jpg (489x262, 63K)

>forced diversity in all of the art
>trans characters
>lgbt and autistic characters in all the shittily written stories
>gender neutral people
>players getting banned for life because a girl cried muh harassment
>players got banned for making edgy jokes in a private group
>magic content creators write pieces about "women in magic" constantly
But sure, keep living in denial.

Attached: 1518210775456.jpg (339x392, 125K)

but also winning sometimes > losing every game

Check out Duncan’s tutorial on how to paint the skin for beastmen Gors. You could apply the same technique

>Maybe then the characters won't feel like box cut outs.
Elaborate?

The Rotbark Raiders will aid in the destruction of Nagasizzar in the name of Grandfather Nurgle!

Attached: 1764EF7E-3C8B-4E78-8B02-B3E8ED10B0B7.jpg (1001x750, 245K)

All at the same time.

Pink

Blindfolded

Listening to Justin beiber

Also don't forget to spray Lego around you chair so no funny ideas but not painting.

God damn user, you're a fuckin genius

Objective how? I'm just looking for painting advice.

Attached: 20180316_105719~2.jpg (1803x2052, 622K)

It's a good start but it would really benefit from some washes to add depth/tone. Neaten up the colours a bit, then coat the skin with Riekland Fleshshade, the cloth with Agrax Earthshade, and the metal with Nuln Oil. After that you can start thinking about highlights, but if you're just starting out, base+wash will get you a playable painted army quickly.

Ghal Maraz made every mamed Stormcast sound like they had the personality of a Lego brick, and the Glotkin like Saturday morning cartoon villains. Eight Lamentations had characters that felt like they tried too hard to make you believe their roles instead of letting it flow naturally.

It's what made Eisenhorn and Comissar Cain good. They were so fleshes out I could see them as living characters. They haf a life outside their combat role.

There is nothing non-canon about that image.

>They had a life outside their combat role.
The main character was Volker and he clearly had a life outside of his role. They were literally a common party of adventueres brought together. The weakest being that merc chick imo

What about Callis and Toll?

Call of Archaon made every Choas General a very interesting character, sad there was literally NO love for Slaanesh in it.

>Ghal Maraz made every mamed Stormcast sound like they had the personality of a Lego brick
Have you read Plague Garden or The Thostos books?

>literally NO love for Slaanesh in it.
Well duh. Slaanesh is getting squatted any day now.

Wasn't godless one of the short stories in it?

Better but...I don't know how to describe it. There wasn't that click for me where I could just accept it and see them as believable characters. Maybe it was because I was expecting something more like Blackhearts.

No, see, I just don't care about any of that. I'm not denying they didn't happen. So again, pathetic.

Plague garden yes. Thostos no. Why does it get better?

>he actually thinks he's making an argument here rather than exposing himself as the cuck who lets everyone walk all over him that he is

Attached: fine.jpg (1050x549, 199K)

>trans characters
>lgbt and autistic characters in all the shittily written stories
>gender neutral people
Okay, either you see problems where there are none, namely of the "wah Magmadroths aren't explicitly gendered" variety or you are so terrified of the SJW boogieman you've gotten paranoid.

I was talking about MtG, stooge.

I should probably just hang out in WIP general huh? All you dudes do is bitch, and ignore when someone actually tries to discuss the game.

Attached: Internet Graphics (8996365).png (239x167, 88K)

Can anyone tell me how Grey Seers work?
Do they have an actual "spiritual", automatic connection with the GHR or it's just
>They are gray with horns, make them our wizard and priests of the GHR
Also I seem to remember having seen a pic here once saying that being a grey seer was potentially the only hope female skavens had of not becoming breeding machines?

Attached: creative-assembly-dannys-skv-greyseer-posed-frame-a.jpg (1491x1836, 493K)

>Maybe it was because I was expecting something more like Blackhearts.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see Black Library novels of that caliber again. All the books they've been producing lately have been much shorter than those released during their heyday, presumably because they can be written faster and released alongside model waves to push sales. I really enjoyed Spear of Shadows and felt the characters were all distinct and engaging, but it really would have benefited from being about a third again as long to help flesh them out.

You can join the people pacific rimming the chat to go kick Nagash in the family jewels.

Unfortunately since DoK came out it gave /pol/tards lots of ammo.

But in a happier note, what you wanna talk about?

I'll try to reply but got work to do too.

Did he weave his clothes out of his beard?

>Thostos no. Why does it get better?
I don't know. I liked the excerpt that was in Hammerhal and plan to read them I finish. The stormcast in it openly had problems with each other Plague Garden was a lot of fun the standout being Cadoc Kel who's an insufferable prideful asshole only held back by Gardus

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 2.22.39 PM.png (1413x520, 333K)

The horns and magical gifts are given to them by the great horned mouse so they are revered and start life way higher on the food chain.

Also yes it was the only way for females to not get the baby factory treatment.

>Undying King
/aosg/ does have shit taste

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 2.16.44 PM.png (861x437, 77K)

Grey Seers are naturally more magical then their non-Horned kin, making them more in-tune with all magical entities. The process for becoming a Grey Seer involves touching a giant piece of Warpstone with the Skaven bible equivalent on it and seeing if the Horned Rat smites you, this presumably allows the Horned Rat to be selective about what type of rats he wants as his priests.

Note, Grey Seers are not the only magical Skaven around, Eshin has a cabal of sorcerers too which has nothing to do with the Grey Seers and is made up of the Runners/Assassins who show any magical talent.

To be honest, the more I see of SCE fluff, the more I like them. They feel far more interesting than Space Marines ever were as a posterboy faction.

Again, user, I will make it clearer for you. I see none of those as problems.

No. See this is the sort of help I need. Clothes and armor I got a good idea for, but hair and skin? I have no fucking clue how to make it look good

I don't care if you don't mind your house being covered in shit. Everyone else can see it's covered in shit and thinks it's disgusting.

It's a sensitive topic.

Attached: beardo.png (331x177, 79K)

Only a small subset of people have a problem with it, user. The same people who use the term social justice as an insult.

>/pol/tards

Id say it's more run-off of /v/irgins and /whfb/ thanks to Vermintide 2.

Don't ignore the OP, Friendo. Ignore shitposters, don't try to talk to them like actual people.

Attached: 1519670365736.png (480x375, 98K)

"Social Justice" is fucking retarded, but there's literally nothing wrong with having more prominent female characters in a setting.

Okay user.

What's a good use for a Spellweaver in a purely Wanderers army?

Attached: Guardia_del_Bosque_Karl_Kopinski_Elfos_Silvanos.jpg (945x648, 154K)

>here we go
Shouldn't have responded user this can only end bad.

For brown beard I normally do dry ad bark, brown/black wash, then highlight/ dry brush gorthor brown. Or do pallid rakarth flesh, nuln oil and then a highlight/drybrush paid wych flesh.

Thanks. For future models what order do you think I should start painting to make it less of a hassle?

KURWA
Where are the Deepkin?

So the pallid flesh works to make a white/grey beard?

>kurwa mac
Somehow, your posts can be deleted and you can even be banned for mocking poles on this board. I think that at least one mod here is a polish whfb veteran

Ya, it's a dirty white so it doesn't pop out like other whites (for me anyway)

>no update on the DoK skirmish points
what gives?

Attached: xwHkCyV.png (608x510, 168K)

There are a couple of approaches you can use. Some people start with the largest bits, to get the bulk of the model done first, others take the innermost areas so they don't have to worry about accidentally getting colours over stuff they've already painted. Personally I always do skin first, especially faces, because I just really like painting skin and faces.

Grab some of /your guys/‘ heroes and put them in an RPG style party à la Skirmish, regardless of Alliances.

How would they fair together versus the world at large? How much ass are they pounding?

Attached: 9DD66DB5-09E4-4389-B322-83345CC3A329.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

user, skirmish was ded on arrival. I'm not sure why GW even released this supplement. Shadow War was a beta testing for Newcromunda at least

Next week!

Ehh, it was very popular in my gw cos they were quick, fun and a great introduction system for beginners.

Do you guys think they'll play Eye straight since it looks like a likely winner this week? Or will there be a swerve? Or do you think the results don't really matter since this is the ending of dread solstice?

>Undying King = bad
dude, did we read the same book? it was awesome.
user, also realize Arkhan is brotier now

Yeah I know - I used it to teach my gf how to play. Still, GW fucked up with the balance, small unit poll and lack of updates. I hope that new Kill Team is also a beta testing for Skirmish 2.0

A Freeguild Knight, an Ogor Warlord, a Saurus Eternity Warden, a Chorf Sorcerer, and a Slann. I think they'll be okay.

That's contrary to almost all human thought on such matters but sure, why not.

for the skin it looks like you've already used bugmans glow. Just completely cover that in cadian-fleshtone and shade with reikland, bring up the colors again with thinned down cadian