Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Slaanesh Is Too Sexual and Problematic For Our Young Community Edition!

>Forgebane Blackstone:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/15/blackstone-101gw-homepage-post-4/

>Necron Leaks:
3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=VYnrjJD5CxU

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#tomatoesforCyraxus
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Attached: deamonette-1.jpg (660x391, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_gvweJDAIGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous Thread:

T’au!

Attached: F35CA439-DC23-477F-A061-07C86C606202.jpg (683x1024, 75K)

Soon

Attached: malal.jpg (400x523, 36K)

Cyraxus.

Attached: cyraxus robits.jpg (2749x1416, 857K)

does this make Whirlwinds and land speeders worth their cost?

Attached: datalink telemetry.jpg (655x366, 118K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_gvweJDAIGE

Attached: 1519749807015.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Guard!

Attached: 1517092904799.jpg (749x960, 52K)

Man and I thought the Kastellan Robots looked retarded. Why are admech tards excited for this trash garbage again?

Attached: Thanatar-Calix Admech.jpg (1000x1192, 152K)

Rate my list lads.

Battalion Detachment
>HQ- Farseer (Spear, Doom, Executioner)
>HQ – Farseer (Witchblade, Guide, Fortune)
>HQ- Avatar of Khaine (Warlord, Eye of Distant Events Trait, Pheonix Gem CAN TAKE FAQ)
>Troops - 10 Guardians (Shuriken Cannon Platform)
>Transport – Wave Serpent (Twin Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Catapult)
>Fast Attack – 3 Vypers (Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult)
>Heavy Support – 3 War Walkers (2 Scatter Lasers)

Vanguard Detatchment
>HQ – Jain Zar
>HQ – Feugan
>Elites – 10 Banshees (inc. Exarch, M.Swords)
>Elites – 10 Banshees (inc. Exarch, M.Swords)
>Elites – 6 Fire Dragons (inc. Exarch, 6 Fusion Gun)

7CP TOTAL: 1998pts
Alaitoc Craftworld Attribute (-1 to hit at 12” range)
Fuegan, Dragons and Farseer deploy off table in Wave Serpent as per Cloud Strike Stratagem (1CP) Thinking of having vanguard det as Saim Han to reroll charges.

Attached: QT Banshee.jpg (1024x1453, 251K)

F

What do you think Veeky Forums is Games Workshop actually making an effort to erase Slaanesh from the game and tone down the sexuality or are people seeing conspiracy everywhere?

Attached: 1337260874294 (2017_09_22 13_17_09 UTC).jpg (209x214, 8K)

Attached: the-man-with-no-taste.jpg (800x449, 66K)

So, if I run guard and have say, four infantry squads and give all sgts a lasgun, run castillen creed and a company commander, I can issue 4 orders for first and second ranks fire, correct? Does this mean all my infantry dudes will make a total of 120 shots if within that 12' range?

All marines get 2 wounds, primaris and terminators 3 and custard 4.

There, that should fix the everything.

I think Age of Sigmar was a test for their bigger franchise. It failed so they wont touch Slaanesh.

I remember situation when ship receives SOS signal and flew to investigate. When they arrived they discovered that it was them who send SOS signal, warp time fuckery.
Do anybody know the source?

Pointy-eared garbage/10.

You should probably kys

Attached: pointy bois.jpg (800x450, 104K)

are you joking? the whirlwind still does zero damage

The problem with them is that they dont offer things that you can get elsewhere or better stuff, they are both platforms for mid strength shooting with low end damage. Are they bad? Not really but Marines have better access to anti-tank and anti-infantry than Whirlwinds and Land Speeders who are stuck doing both roles but not specializing in them.

Take Whirlwinds and Speeders if its your thing user, I got 3 Rhinos Im not using and Im going to turn them into Whirlwinds because they look cool and the stratagem is pretty good but you shouldnt expect great things from these units.

Both Whirlwinds and Land Speeders are pretty "eh", and marines have better ways to delete hordes anyway, so no, not really.

its funny how that kinda works

But user sergeants can't take lasguns

Because it's heavy armed and don't need floopy disc to work.

Since we're talking purely opinion, I disagree. Strongly disagree. Disagree to the point where I'd like to ask your opinion on a number of different matters, since I'm just about certain that you and I will disagree on such a level where anything you love I will hate, and anything you hate I will love. I want your opinion because I know that you have to have the worst possible opinions in any given circumstance, and I wish to use you as an inverse meter of quality. You are like a shit-barometer

>Says the plebbit namefag

You can keep projecting, but we all know playing admech is akin to admitting you like cock up your arse.

Maybe for one faction, but not for the game as a whole.

Shit Couch Opinion / 10

>always need to overcharge to kill marines
>terminators don't die to overcharge plasma
>fnp on any of these means they will eat twice as much plasma if a single wound is ignored

Just imagine

Alright la

Attached: ALRIGHT LS.jpg (2048x1536, 151K)

Hey friendos

IDK if this has been discussed before on a previous thread, but I recently heard about an app for finding games and stores in a user's area called GameFor - one of the youtube talking heads put it together and I think it's pretty neat. I already have played two games in the last week thanks to it, and I haven't found a game in more than a year before. I don't eant to come across as shilling but I think the potential is there for it to be really useful if it establishes a bigger userbase.

Also one of those games was against a Slaanesh army, and yes, it was too problematic for my young list. Demon princes, man. rough.

Attached: 10857967_766356733399798_6605192664134734311_n.jpg (720x960, 77K)

That's still useless against hordes, when Marines should be fucking deleting hordes.

Or just give Tacticals a stratagem that allows them to fire twice in the shooting phase and ignore Heavy Weapon penalty for 1 CP.

Another idea:

Give Captains a rule to let one Tactical Squad within 12" of them fire twice, don't increase anyone's points.

WAACfag/10
Go be a knife-eared soyboy somewhere else

option 2

Namefags like me are the only ones who give actual advice instead of memes and waifu posting. Generally speaking, if someone isn't willing to associate a precious name with their advice, it's probably bad.

>20 banshees
>no wraith
>no reapers
>waac
k

Attached: 1520978741863.gif (660x780, 201K)

ROCKOFF!

Attached: 1521054148936.jpg (733x1090, 207K)

Whoops, deduct a couple shots from the total then but you get the idea.

So since Tau are good again, I'm gonna get some Riptides.

Can anyone tell me what airbrush colours I'm supposed to use for them?

Marines in general under perform for their cost by half. They don't kill well enough and don't live long enough.

That and armor saves and toughness mean little, gw is balancing around wounds now so you need to update the wounds for expensive units to compensate

Question, with dawn of war truely dead, who would you entrust with a new RTS title?

Go die in a fire you shill

On a roll of a 6+, bolters generate another shot. Captain's now hand out +1 BS so it happens on a 5+.

I bet you think apple has a good design

Taufag detected.

>give tactical marines a 6” scout move
Are they useful now?

>CC focused elves
>Avatar of Khaine
Looks fun. I'd play against it

So GW can do nipples and gore...

Why did the coward with the rest of the line? Only a cuck would know

Attached: 2507425E-56B7-4879-821D-C100EE551121.jpg (920x950, 73K)

>brightly heralded plated noisey marines now scout

And your taste in aesthetic is strongly lacking, the admech are perfect for this, a faction of machine worshipping dudes who half half an idea what they are doing but it's still better then the rest of humankind's understanding overall

>[UNIT] in general under perform for their cost by half. They don't kill well enough and don't live long enough.
Same could be said for many Troop choices from most factions. This is not a unique thing for Marines.

>That and armor saves and toughness mean little, gw is balancing around wounds now so you need to update the wounds for expensive units to compensate
I generally agree due to their "everything can wound anything" concept. That doesn't mean Marines should be the only ones to get it.

Problem with this change to any or all factions is that nothing kills anything; why are we playing at that point?

But slaneesh has been mentioned since the very beginning of AOS?

Also
>AOS failed
kek

EA. I want loot boxes and a progression unlock system so I actually keep returning to play.

Whats wrong with it

Attached: bein.png (84x142, 26K)

Wait, are we talking about AdMech or Grey Knights?

can an army based around nobsquadz with kustom shootas work or will it get me tabled in turn 2?

Boy it's a good thing you're not Tau players otherwise you wouldn't half be getting some shit you'd be getting for these godawful proposals

IDEA:
new h'eavy weapon for orks boyz

war drums/map reader/rokkstar: gives the whole unit extra movement.

y... you too

It’s not like they’re infiltrating/being stealthy, it would just represent them being EXTRA/fit/ and give them a reason to be fielded ever

>-1 trait
that would be my reasoning to the WAAC title

Show me irrefutable proof that AoS didn't fail.

Keep in mind I will reject every bit of evidence you can produce.

you will lose before the game even begins

>Or just give Tacticals a stratagem that allows them to fire twice in the shooting phase and ignore Heavy Weapon penalty for 1 CP.
You are gravely overestimating bolter out put if you think that is worth an entire CP.
For that price you could reset an entire squad of cultists, 10 marines in rapid Fire range would kill only 7 more bonus cultists.

That actually pretty much fixes Marines.

Primaris perform pretty much exactly as Marines in general should, they just lack the mobility Drop Pods etc provide their manlet cousins.

Giving them special weapons or an actual dedicated transport wouldn't break the game, and that's basically what you would do by upping Manlets to 2W base.

Also, Sternguard Veterans and the like would finally be useful.

For 7 Bolters at 12" that's roughly one additional Bolter hit if the enemy does not have -1s.

Additional shots at 6+ don't do shit.

Scouts still do area denial better.
Think about the niches of other units.

Scouts are cheap cover.
Intercessors are tough backfield units.

That means Tacs and Crusaders need to be the offensive unit.
That means giving them firepower worth a damn and that means either giving them tons of special weaponry cheap or giving them some way to make their weapons better significantly.
Therefore: Tacticals need to be able to shoot twice.

Tactical squad specific stratagems (including move/shoot/fight twice for a cut down price) and a chance to refund CP would do it I think

Fucking seriously? Other armies have it, and Eldar strategems and craftworld traits are mediocre at best.

'Ah but it's a metal nipple so that makes it okay'? I have no idea. Maybe they're testing the waters over what does & doesn't provoke outraged mums?

>Super-Heavy Detachment
>Guilliman, 2x Terminus Ultra

Is this a good idea when going up against a knight army as Space Marines? I want to avoid Forgeworld units.

How do I find out if a box has old metal models or the newer plastic ones? I found a Burning Dawn box but don't know if that was before or after Pathfinders switched from metal to plastic.

Playing banshees requires that trait idjit. Just because some people stack it doesn't mean people using it for its intended effect are waac.

>Same could be said for many Troop choices from most factions. This is not a unique thing for Marines.
Wrong.
Firewarriors, Boyz and Guardsmen are great.

Most Demons are adequate.

Guardians are outperformed by other stuff, but still not terrible.

Since we have not one single AdMech player, I can't tell you about them.

Necrons are terrible, but that's an army design problem.

It's eldar

Admech have shit lore and shit aesthetics. Pic-related. Anyone who says otherwise is probably suffering from some sort of brain damage.

Attached: 99120116009_AdMechCorpuscariiElectroPriests01.jpg (920x950, 91K)

I'll check it out

nice job cherry picking

Attached: f2789d5ebd0d1bf74641489313f9f8be.jpg (600x620, 32K)

Nice useless criticism, faggot.
Try adding something to the conversation?

It's from 8th ed WHF(5th ed 40k) so It's old model.

>good thing you’re not Tau players
Gue’la...

Attached: 752310D7-8F91-4D94-92C3-D8442CE0B5EA.jpg (750x1334, 268K)

That box is all plastic m8, you can youtube some unboxing videos

>For 7 Bolters at 12" that's roughly one additional Bolter hit if the enemy does not have -1s.

>14 shots
>1/3 of them are bonus shots

Pretty sure that's like 4 extra hits (remember 2+)
Would be better if they're just generic bonus hits.

It would also allow them to double fire their Combi, Special and Heavy, so you at least get a little use out of it.

Ultimately the problem lies in the Bolt Rifle being what the Bolter should be while the Bolter sucks gonads. Some cheap or free "shoot twice" rule would be the most elegant fix imho.

Ok now I'm trying to tell if this is bait or not because this is such a massively wrong opinion that it has to be on purpose, I refuse to believe someone can be this dumb.

Also cherry picking the one not so good modle they have is unfair, spell out in plain why you think their lore and overall design is bad

Still WAAC as fuck faggot

Still fugly. Why would you even bother posting that hot trash?

Yes. You are part of the problem, faggot.

>1 CP
>Shoot or Fight twice with a Tac Squad
>Use once per turn
>If the squad kills a unit, get a CP

Huh, that works surprisingly well.
I'll playtest this.

Skitarii do quite well for their points.

Why the fuck are you posting with a name, anyway? Also,
>opinions
And holy hell people hate electropriest models, even admech players.

I dunno if clearing additional cheap chaff fixes marines. Maybe, I could be wrong.
Figured it was their Lack of survivability.

Get 1 Terminus Ultra and Chronus, use Devastators otherwise as they're cheaper per point than TUltras

namefags always have shit taste

Attached: 99120116004_AdMecOnagerDunecrawler01.jpg (920x950, 98K)

enjoy getting "balanced" on the 24th faggot

Attached: 1517118695467.jpg (625x626, 67K)

>But mommy the other WAACfags are doing it too!
Still makes you a WAACfag.

Disregard this imposter, I love AdMech!

Creative Assembly or Firaxis.

>why aren't my marines like they are in the books they should be deleting units easily
Tacticals could do with some help. made a decent suggestion with strats specific to them. I don't even know how to be constructive towards suggesting that bolters randomly fire extra shots sometimes, or that hulks in power armour gain scout moves when there's literally a choops choice called scouts for that

Potential DE leaks over at The Dark City. Thoughts anyone?

>Pretty sure that's like 4 extra hits (remember 2+)
Forgot the 2+
Still, that's what, 2 dead Guardsman more for a Tac Squad + Captain?

>Faction must meet lore requirements 100% to be fixed
>Marines should have bonus wounds while not considering weapon damage or saves
>Necrons never die and always stand up or are teleported away, thus never counting as victory points
>When an Ork dies, they explode into 4 squigs. Squigs likewise explode into goblins. When 6 goblins die, they make an Ork
>Tyranids gain a model of their choice from the same squad type as they kill, not unit
>Eldar of all varieties have 1++ due to backflips and superior dicksucking abilities
>Chaos can never lose because the current writers deem it so, regardless of losses
>Tao can take any troop choice from most factions at a fraction of their cost and don't have to pay weapon/equipment points because those units joined with them already
>Etc.
My point is that if you are going to "fix" one without realizing its ratifications, then it becomes a slippery slope. Somebody think of the children.

>many
>most
>Necrons are terrible, but that's an army design problem.
Point proven. Emphasis was that it isn't just Marines.

Attached: RANDY!.jpg (1844x1210, 146K)