Doing some session prep because I have some time

>doing some session prep because I have some time
>party are in underground fortress looking for a princess
>had thought to have something tying her down there, trying to come up with ideas
>I know, how about love
>maybe she fell for one of the maids and now can't bear to leave without her

And then I stopped, as I realized something. I like yuri. I research yuri often. It could be considered a fetish of mine. Does putting yuri in my games make it magical realm?

Attached: witch yuri'.png (1280x1506, 496K)

How do you research yuri?

Embrace the cause, comrade.

Attached: Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg (640x480, 20K)

They're just lesbians, as long as you don't make it seem overtly sexual and just treat it like you would any other romance you're fine.

With only one hand

Yeah, but who knows, your players might be okay with that.

I don't think it's bad necessarily, though I'm a yurifags myself.
Just keep it in moderation. Include some gay dudes and straight couples too. Don't force everything to be about lesbians and you're good. And especially don't make everything about them being lesbians. It's one thing to have gay characters, it's another for the entire game/character to revolve around being gay.

Be Ellen 2.0 not original straight out of closet Ellen

Yes, but welcome aboard. At least your magi realm is the purest form of love, so your game won't be affected in any ill way.

Attached: yes2.jpg (532x929, 40K)

Bad user, do not encourage magical realm

Magical realm is only bad for people not interested in that magical realm fantasy.

but only faggots don't love yuri, therefore no harm is done if you have a yuri magical realm because the only people who don't enjoy it are faggots you probably don't want to be playing with in the first place.

BAD

Attached: she knows.png (498x335, 89K)

absolutely nothing wrong

Attached: 1515329536855.png (870x1236, 310K)

If the PCs succeed in "rescuing" the princess then they should absolutely be pursued across the world by a gallant, dashing meido dead set on rescuing her.

See, you're making an argument using sentence fragments and a dreadful lack of punctuation while the counterpoint is pictures of Cute Girls In Love. At some point you end up doing more damage to your cause by arguing poorly for it rather than well against it.

Attached: __barbara_and_hanna_little_witch_academia_drawn_by_qiongsheng__13f115393164a1998a8051a84b72c83d.jpg (849x1342, 277K)

god I love HannaXBarbara
Is this a common pairing?

I haven't seen the show but considering the pun I'm sure it has to be or has to be intentional.

/u/ art is a lot more lewd these days I figure because more actual dykes are making it

Shinozaki-san is a miracle of the universe.

I didn't finish, but they were close but nothing really yuri. Definently goggleable if you want to go fan fiction where while constantly comparing themselves to diana they comfort each other and grow closer and closer and eventually their friendship evolves from being just underlings of dianna into being deeply in love with each other.

Has a dreadful lack of material, but it's easy enough to find given the lack of competing pairs with them its pretty easy to find anyway.

If that's firsthand insight I'm seeing then I've got nothing but good things to say about it.

It's canon, user. Can't get much more common than that.

>canon
eh for real?
like actual canon, with kissus and dokidoki? or like /u/ canon of 2 girls glancing at each other so its confirmed canon lesbian scissoring behind closed doors? Please don't tease my heart if its untrue

Attached: 1518344635313.png (739x928, 380K)

...The potential is there at least, Check back with us when we get seasons 3-4.

My fragile heart has been corrupted by darkness brought upon by the despair you have wrought.

I still get really irritated about the Stretch manga not ending in /u/.

The tipping point for Magical Realm is whether or not it makes your players uncomfortable. I don't think fluffy yuri lesbians would make very many people uncomfortable aside from autists, super-hardcore religious fundamentalists/social conservatives, or maybe gays still deep in the closet.

Just because something is canon doesn't necessarily mean it's the most common ship.

Attached: its like thousands butthurt fanboys cry out in pain.png (1024x800, 769K)

The most common ship in naruto was fat old man x any kunoichi

It's only magical realm if your players don't like it.

We see them showering together in episode 12 or 13. No kissu, but the fact that they share a shower is enough for me to consider it confirmed.

Ye, that's canon material right there

Attached: witches bath.jpg (630x900, 119K)

Makes me wonder what the tabletop version of Spitting Distance or Meaningful Glances would be.

>implying you don't get together w/ your bath bros so you can watch the water roll over their soft, youthful skin.

Attached: breddy gay.jpg (361x279, 34K)

Having your magical realm leak into your game/setting is fine if done tastefully, is logical for your campaign and isn't just creepy.
Hell, depending on your players having a lesbian princess might give you a good rep as such a progressive person for having homosexual characters.
My current character is basically a gay magical girl and nobody has even realized it yet.

>does putting my fetish into the game, the definition of magical realm, count as a magical realm?

All I know is I would play your campaign and I would really enjoy this

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the princess having a maid to keep her company, help her bathe, keep her secrets, and making sure she doesn't get cold at night...or at least that's what they're going to have to explain to her father.

Attached: lewd dork.png (900x900, 636K)

I mean, if you wanted to make sure it isn't magical realm, you could always make it a servant boy or butler that she has feelings for.

That completely defeats the fun of it though.

Nothing wrong with inserting your own interests into your story, after all its your story.

The only important thing is to not make it obnoxious, having some subtext or even plaintext about your princess being gay for a maid is fine. Just don't make her obnoxiously gay and every line about how much she wants to bash shellfish with her maid.

And you really don't need to plainly state it either, make her a bit too attached to the maid maybe and if players care enough to see the yuri they will. If they don't then it doesn't matter.

Don't take this the wrong way but gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nah, it's not magical realm unless the maid is a girl(male).

>maids
Yes

Magical realm is more about intention. If you had to stop and remember that it's something you fap to then it's probably fine. Just portray it as a normal romance, same way you would if they were a straight couple and avoid any allusions to the sexual side of a relationship beyond what you would do if they weren't lesbians.

>implying
If I was the king, I would stop them from saying anything. In fact, I would make sure my daughters always had plenty of maids to tend to their needs on a daily basis, and preferably maids that grew alongside them. I would also grant them female retainers, such as a gallant knight lady from a prestigious line of warriors, an insightful young sorceress that treasured her from a tender age, and a pious clerical maiden that took a sacred vow to always be at the princess' side and to fulfill her every wish.

oh my

It's not magical realms unless you make it weird.

The princess was captured. She was scared, but that one maid was very comforting and nice to her. It turned into a little romance. Sounds plausible, but also feels kinda like stockholm syndrome.

>every wish
>growing maiden

user no

Magical Realm requires more than just a fetish yo be included, there are three other parts that turn something Magical Realm:
First is that the players are made uncomfortable; if nobody objects to your 7 foot tall muscle-girl amazon then it is not Magical Realm.
Second is that the other players are forced to interact; if a shop sells an powerful aphrodisiac, which will only show up later if somebody actually buys it, then it isn't Magical Realm.
Finally is that if something does cause discomfort you still try to add it; if the others object to including a dragon-loli to the story, but you change her to something that isn't objected to, and don't try and shoehorn in another dragon-loli, then it's not Magical Realm.

There is still hope for Veeky Forums

/u/fag here, I speak from the heart as I say this:
In all my tabletop experiences, I've never ONCE seen or heard of anybody who plays lesbians well, PC or NPC, ever
Most of the time they just end up played like two straight girls, or worse, men but just with "cute girl" skin, and that's not representative of yuri at all, which denies the point of it

What you should want to do is play off an in-universe couple as a parody, because too many times has Veeky Forums wanted to have relationships in a campaign and it just ends up "lol they're lesbians because i only like cute girls!!!" with no thought for how a relationship would actually progress, no imouto-oneesama atmosphere, no interlocked fingers, no lilies, no nothing- It may not seem so bad to you, but it's nigh-criminal and is an absolute affront to the yuri name if you try to play it straight (pun intended) without knowing what you're doing
Now, if you're going to have it set in a catholic school with PCs as fresh-faced schoolgirls who have no idea about their sexualities and get relentlessly pursued by raunchy upperclassmen ready to drink tea and insert their maidenly fingers between the former's legs, and then have the overarching conflict involve keeping their relationships secret from the school board who would expel them for inappropriate conduct (but are later revealed to be even raunchier lesbians out to take our maiden heroines for themselves), that's fine, as that's proper application of the genre, and some variation is of course acceptable most of the time

But a standard fantasy adventure where characters fall in love with each other and they're both girls just because that gets your rocks off? Fuck RIGHT off.
OP's example can easily be done in a humorous, parodious manner so it's perfectly fine, I just wanted to complain regardless

Attached: 1481247916312.png (1219x721, 265K)

The needs of the many... are outweighed by the needs of the Yuri...

Its not often that my two favourite boards collide in a thread that isn't "hurr lewd lesbian elves"

This desu, though it's partly my own personal preferences and ideas getting in the way.

If you're going to do something like this, either do it subtly where they can't tell and it's just a minor trait, or go full fucking out my mother in heaven bless me for I will fucking abduct and finger this young paladin until she forsakes her God and pledges her life to lilies

>Women
>Pure in any way

Imagine the tearful overexcited face of a swanlike, virginal elven maiden as a spoilt-rotten human princess pushes two fat little piggish fingers past her lips and into her mouth. Purely to watch her squirm. And they taste just like pork.

She can take the maid with her so you need more. Then have her take the maid with her.

There's still plenty of room between "fetish fuel" and "over-the-top parody", one of them just being "have some variety". Just having a character be gay because they're gay and, in OP's case, won't leave wherever they are because they're in love with someone there doesn't have to be turbo /u/ to work. It can just be two girls being lesbians. A lesbian pair with two feminine girls (not having one of them be a man with a wig) can still be rather casual about the whole thing if they've been together for a while already and are otherwise secretive about it to the outside.

Pure evil maybe
Heyooooo!

Attached: 1414456488296.png (321x315, 21K)

I wasn't in the game, but I read the logs. A lesbian that used to be in our group played a small in game. She was new so it was kind of bad, but she would try to seduce every girl they came across. Rolled nat20s every time as well so was pretty funny. She got kicked out due to other drama in the group though, was a shame too because it was really dumb drama and I enjoyed how dumb their session was going.

Not them but the main problem isn't that it's a thing
It's that people can't RP them for shit and it always goes bad. Same reason I hate dudes playing lolis. It's not that lolis can't make sense, it's that they can't RP lolis and it always gets into fetish territory. If you're over the top and obviously a archetype parody then you let those things slide because you're playing a part instead of failing at playing a part.

>>maybe she fell for one of the maids and now can't bear to leave without her

Attached: 1440223542541.jpg (600x480, 166K)

People often play female characters in a reasonable, proper manner even if they're dudes. Playing female lesbian characters doesn't have to be much different. When it comes to this stuff, OP could just cheat and have the girls have a "normal/neutral" personality. Many women don't have outstandingly female personalities, there's no reason not to have your NPCs be similarly neutral when it comes to sexuality and relationships, especially if said princess is already old enough to know how that whole thing works and possibly even have experience already.
Not every princess/maid automatically has to have a girlish, pure and shy personality to fit the bill. Having them behave like normal people can work fine, no need for parody levels of stereotyping to make the "gay princess" archetype work.

We know what must be done.

Attached: 1501971861632.jpg (1357x700, 420K)

This.
If you're jacking it to Yuri doujins that will probably make its way through and weird people out. But exploring different ways love expresses itself is a valid narrative.

As I said. Than "can", but chances are if you're questioning it or trying to find a way to shoehorn it in, you're going to be bad at it. And it's going to feel like crappy fetish fuel.

Kind of. If you're blatant and/or defensive about it than yes. If nobody knows you get off to it than no

Like this.

Attached: thèse yuri.pdf (PDF, 1.27M)

This is legitimately interesting.

Of course it's from a German-speaking country.
I wish there was any serious future in Japanology.

>Actual lesbians read Yuru Yuri
I already kind of knew that this was true, since it comes up in the autobiographical yuri series Honey&Honey, but I still feel vindicated reading this.

>“I think, therefore yuri is.” (Kurata 2011, 30)
This is beautiful+

Attached: i think therefore.png (397x245, 35K)

>163 pages of research
>20 pages of references
I'm genuinely impressed. I could never be bothered to do more than the least number of sources my professors would accept on papers.

Considering this is her MA paper and about a topic she's evidently interested in herself, it makes sense that she'd go all-out.

I thought the most common ship in Naruto was NarutoXSasuke, followed closely by Rule63_NarutoXSasuke.

Attached: single target sexuality.png (966x553, 198K)

Do not rape meidos

Where is raping meidos on the alignment chart?

Nice desu ne

tag yourself

Attached: maidalignmentchart.jpg (1200x1200, 393K)

Makes sense.

Seems fine to me desu

Yes, it does. Also, fap before posting.

So, the maid would be sorta like her concubine?

Is this anime or hentai? I feel like I’ve seen it before

Anime. Fate/kalied liner PRISMA ILLYA

That's hentai you dirty liar.

I don't know what you're talking about. There's nothing impure going on here.

Attached: I don't know if I like where this is going.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

I men, it's got a lot of hentai, but the show itself isn't hentai.

It's only pedo-ecchi.

I kill the sodomites.

I'm definitely chaotic evil

Attached: 6ac.jpg (746x990, 855K)

Chaotic neutral

But user, you are the sodomites

I only have sex after marriage with a member of the opposite sex in the missionary position with the lights out

heathens begone

Beautiful

You sick bastard.

And also holding hands for the sole purpose ofprocreation

>And also holding hands for the sole purpose ofprocreation

Attached: titaQ.jpg (644x202, 24K)

That's how babies are made, right?

Found the octopus.

Attached: Nani the fuck.png (852x539, 709K)

>I only have sex after marriage with a member of the opposite sex in the missionary position with the lights out

Pervert.

>Court a woman for a decade
>Marriage
>One year post marriage abstinence foreplay
>Both virgins
>Missionary position
>For the purpose of procreation
>With the lights off and blindfolds, just in case.
>Through a hole in the sheets with bare minimal skin contact
>Both loudly reciting bible passages the whole time.
>Climax with "AMEN"
>Leave without a word to sleep in my separate bed in a separate room in a separate house.
>Children raised by blind catholic wet nurse.

That ain't the catholic way of love my heretical friend.