Make A Wish Edition

Make A Wish Edition

Previous: →

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
What do you Wish to see in Commander 2018?

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smileylich.com/mtg/magocracy/visual/1000_Cards_visual.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck wishes.

You said it, famalam.

Anyone who plays kitchen table EDH and doesn't allow people using wishes to get anything they want out of their collection deserves to be beaten.

Wishboards are literally no different than having a tutor in your deck

>Thread question
A legendary that's Living Wish on a stick

I've got a couple that roughly pass the light test but yeah, I doubt any could truly pass examination by someone who knew what they were looking for.

Like what? What would you run in a wishboard in EDH that you wouldn't already have in your decklist?

They actually are completely different.

Can you choose a copy of Glittering Wish from outside the game with Glittering Wish?

>What do you Wish to see in Commander 2018?

Eminence partner commanders with experience counters

Mana Crypt in every deck.

Did you convince your playgroup to allow you to?

I want some cool commanders that have cool abilities/color combinations. I would also like to see more planeswalker stuff, maybe new planeswalker commanders? More dual lands would also be a nice thing.

return of eminence

>So bad at deckbuilding that you are unable to put together a deck under the normal rules of the constructed format you are building for.
>So bad at deckbuilding you need to sit your group down and have a discussion as to whether or not you can include special crutch cards in your list, and change the deckbuilding rules of the constructed format you are building for to do so.
Yep, sounds like "Bad at deckbuilding" to me.

Just wondering if it directly conflicts with the highlander clause.

I would also like to see the return of some of the more fascinating cards from mtg's past make a return.

It doesn't have any interaction to the rules because officially sideboard do not exist in EDH and everything involving them is casual kitchen table nonsense.

Don't forget alternate costs to put them directly into play

I really hope to see abilities that scale based on how much mana you spent to cast them as well.

>casual kitchen table nonsense
You mean the only thing this format is good for?

commanders

commanders with morph

>change the rules
>when the rules allow them
No one has to sit down to do anything.
got it right.

>one with morph
>one that transforms
>one with X in the cost
What else would go well with these?

This but unironically. I thought it was neat, albeit poorly done.

One with multikicker

>Having people cart around their whole collection for wishes.

You are extra double fucking retarded.

They don't have to if they don't want to. It's the price for playing with wishes. You have to carry some extra cards around, wow!

I like this. I also want lieutenant to come back.

"Hey guys, I'm ready for EDH night!."

Attached: man after being told wishes are allowed by his playgroup.jpg (800x531, 101K)

> using wishes to get anything they want out of their collection deserves to be beaten.

>out of their collection

let me just take 30-60 minutes to rummage through my entire collection of cards to find that one specific card

Your realize how stupid you sound, right? Who would've thought that the person wanting to use a wish has to have the cards they want to wish for with them?

Would unironically be cool with as long as he doesn't take a year to pick, but you can say the same of someone taking long turns. Hell, I'd allow him at the table before a storm player because it'd still take less time.

>smileylich.com/mtg/magocracy/visual/1000_Cards_visual.html

>this is his edh deck

If they don't want to, why wouldn't they just stick to the rules and not allow it?

You are the idiot saying we should be beaten if don't allow some autismo with a wheelbarrow full of cards to tutor for whatever he pleases (and wait for him to find it)

They get the same amount of time we'd allow for anyone to take their turn.

No, I'm not. Someone else used those words. I was agreeing that you should allow someone to use their collection in a casual setting. And if they don't want to, why should they have a problem with someone else doing it? It's not making them lug around cards if someone else chooses to.

I sometimes make custom proxy cards for friends, like "Sliver Markov" that went over well when I posted it.

Y'all got me hmming an all sorts of bad ideas.

Attached: Morteia Sinn.png (375x523, 271K)

That card's broken enough without partner.

that'sthejoke.exe

Oh wow, what a cool custom card, I got a custom card idea too

Super Urza Ugin Bolas - WUBRG
Legendary Creature

Unblockable, Haste, Infect, Hexproof

Eminence - At the start of your upkeep, search your library for any number of cards and cast them for free

10/10

fpbp

Would play it for the name without ever using the ability.

you forgot

Indestructible

&

0: Split Second, exile until end of turn.

>implying people won't just keep 3-5 cards for a wishboard, making a wish card into a pseudo-tutor that can find cards you'd need in a particular situation, but don't want to draw into because they're dead draws in a lot of situations.

This is the real reason that wishboards have to be agreed upon by the group. It turns 1 card into multiple cards while only taking one slot in the 99, and without increasing the chance of drawing into dead draws. No one is going to use Wishboards to search their wntire collection of cards, and people who unironically think that people would do this must have some shitty experiences with shit players to come to a conclusion like that.

>Super Urza Ugin Bolas

only if it were mutant creature type

It loses to turn 1 Land, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Isochron Scepter with imprinted Stifle

Obviously balanced.

>It turns 1 card into multiple cards while only taking one slot in the 99,
You mean the 114, right?

...because your deck is not 99 cards anymore. You know that, right?

What baffles me is that you have 60+ unique non-land cards in your deck and yet you still need something outside the game? If it's good enough to wish for why isn't it already in your deck?

Unblockable isn't a keyword, user.

Are you questioning Super Urza Ugin Bolas?

If he says Unblockable is a keyword, it is.

Too narrow or interferes with the other jank I want in it.

That rules change makes no sense to me, it's more intuitive than trample, menace, vigilance, and haste; second only to flying.

Attached: 60.jpg (312x445, 58K)

Fair point.

What sort of super narrow trash are you wishing for?

And the all important question: Have you considered playing cards that actually win you the game?

It really should be an evergreen keyword. It's so easy to figure out. It's easily the most intuitive.

user, it was never a rules change. Unblockable was never a keyword. They changed the wording so people would stop thinking that

I kind of want to see the illustration for this card.

Why would I want to do that?

So, how does Yasova work with Dismiss into dream?

Attached: Increasing Confusion_DKA.jpg (488x680, 123K)

>not Mega Urza Yawgmoth Bolas Taysir the Karona Ugin

exactly how you would expect it to.

Nigger you can't flash it back twice, it gets exiled after the first time.

It does give an unfair advantage to the guy carting the cards user. If I have neither the time or inclination to haul around 20,000 cards to have the perfect silver bullet for any situation, why would I want someone else to be able to? More to the point why would I want to wait around for some one to dig that shit out?

Considering I was one of the people that originally got it wrong:

A judge clarified that since targets are chosen before costs are paid and resolution with triggered abilities; Yasova kills without need to pay the cost.

So there have been talk that commander damage could be taken away. I heard it from the commandzone today. Thoughts?
I honestly say fuck no to it.

Says who?
Yasova is a different kind of card and worded differently, so it's excusable.

Attached: Riftsweeper_MMA.jpg (488x680, 131K)

This would be a very stupid change. I'd rather poison counter wincon be removed than commander damage.

>let's have the Oloro decks run unchecked

Fuck, no.

Anyone who says that it'd be abolished is a fycking retard. Commander damage is one of the defining rules of commander and there's absolutely no reason to take it away.

There's zero reason or point for them to remove that mechanic when they encourage house rules directly on the website to promote enjoyment. People will play with or without commander damage regardless of the official rule.

Well fuck my ass and call me Grandpa, that's a neat card.

But that would completely invalidate certain commanders.

>Oloro
>a problem with or without commander damage

Oloro is a complete nonissue, even without commander damage. Not that they should ever remove it.

Daily reminder that Riftsweeper and Pull from eternity used to be banned before command zone was a thing

It's more that they'd drag the games down.

"Hey guys I'm at 200+ life, just try and stop me"

The voltron player currently being able to merc them in a single hit is a good thing.

Colour hosers for one. I wouldn’t run Choke in my maindeck, but would totally run it in a wishboard.

ohhh greaaaaat...

Attached: 1520843653803.jpg (878x1160, 274K)

What? Winning isn't fun, everyone else losing is
:^)

>I wouldn't run [card that hard counters one specific deck] in a main board, but I would in a wish board
No fucking shit user?

Daily reminder

Attached: Soon.png (907x266, 59K)

Instead of trying to hose other players, have you considered playing proactively to win?

The worst mindset you can get in is being a reactive player.

>tfw you won't get your 100 shekels because user will pussy out.

See? This is why any playgroup that allows wishes is strictly dumb.

>B-but they're exactly the same as tutors!
says the dumb people.

based

any day now

No, that's one dumb user. One dumb person doesn't invalidate an entire type of card.

As soon as I heard the command zone talk about it, I immediately thought of oloro. The point for getting rid of it was to simplify the rules. The same fucking reason banned as commander is gone. They also talked about how some commanders can take out players in 3 or less turns. Do these retards not run removal or board wipes? Fucking hell.

Literally everybody that wants to play wishes is that guy, though.

>some commanders can take out players in 3 or less turns.

I have two decks that can win on turn 3, but that requires a very specific set of cards, ie statistically insignificant.

I need a counterspell that works well in a 5 color deck. Was using Pact of Negation but too often someone would destroy my blue source in response. lol

I respectfully disagree.

Something cheap to cast or something really good?

I'm guessing you want a single blue in the casting cost if possible.

Negate is always good unless you're playing against 98 permanents + Genesis wave.

>user accidentally got the date wrong and fired off last night instead
Dammit I wanted $100.

No, it doesn't. But for a format with 99 cards in a deck and you still think you need answers to hose someone? And you are going to use card slots to run cards that get you cards that you could have ran in the first place. While the wishes have been compared to tudors, 90 percent of the time you Tudor it's going to be one of 3 cards that get you the win. So why don't you run those 3 cards and not the wishes?
The logic to me is flawed

TFW Wizards will never print more partner commanders

>thread question
Gix

Oh shit was that user that offed himself on stream for /r9k/ the fucker who owes us money?

So are you arguing that Wizards will ever do anything right?

What a shitty position to argue.

No I'm arguing go back to pleddit.

>I've played against this deck
It's kino