Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

/paladin/ edition
>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk
>Previous thread

Attached: 1211211.jpg (640x640, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_2
youtube.com/watch?v=P1CpVjR4Xvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that suppose to be Arthas if he didn't turn evil?

its uther.

Attached: 56656.jpg (1280x554, 266K)

No, it's definitely Arthas. I remember this picture.

Uther wearing Lordaeron's Crown after he dyed his hair blonde.

>tfw no AU where they married and had a fuckton of kids and continued to lead lordaeron into prosperity.

Attached: ;.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Why is Saidan Dathrohan even in that picture? The guy was a moderately big deal in the Second War, but he's really not close to Turalyon, Uther or Tirion at all.

because he was one of the founders of the Knights of the Silver Hand

If that's what the theme of the picture is; where's Gavinrad?

Because nobody knows about Gavinrad.

He's in that picture, we went over this in the last thread

I like to ship Arthas with Sylvanas. They had so much in common with each other.

Attached: sylvanas_windrunner_by_davebrush-d627gs9.jpg (600x927, 120K)

With her human mate ded there's no one to keep her in place. The only way to stop her is to bring Arthas back.

Attached: Madame Warchief.png (1008x1028, 953K)

So Veeky Forums, you're put in charge of the next Hearthstone expansion. What part of Warcraft lore do you use? How do you change it up to fit the more 'silly' atmosphere Hearthstone usually applies?
An added bonus, what kind of Keyword(s) do you see yourself adding?

Attached: hearthstone3-860x280.jpg (860x280, 42K)

>human mate ded
Nathanos is double-kill?

He's a plaything, not a mate. Arthas kept her in place like a true chad.

>An added bonus, what kind of Keyword(s) do you see yourself adding?
make "can't be targeted by spells or hero powers" an actual keyword instead of that retarded string

Is the guy with Ashbringer suppose to be Mograine or Tirion? Who's the guy in the red? And why is Turalyon so young but in his Exarch armor?

Just off the top of my head, a Caverns of Time xpac could be cool. You could have cards concerned with what turn it was or some shit like that, secrets that grow in power the longer your opponent leaves them on board, etc.

I'd really like to see a MoP or WoD expansion

Saurok tribal when?

Orc campaign in WC2 is mostly canon, except the few final missions. Blizzard wasn't yet using the model of campaigns following one after another and kept campaings for different sides separate, as it was common during that time period.

BtDP missions weren't conquest, but smash-and-grab operations to steal the artifacts.

And yet no Alonsus Faol. That's kind of a shame, and I say that as a Paladin who has never even seen a Priest in his life.

Mage x Paladin is patrician ship.
Lich x Death Knight is god tier.

Kel was a bro.

Naga expansion, where Queen Azshara hosts a grand card party in her palace... and forgets that it's underwater. Card mechanics would include Splash, which would get cards wet, Drenched, which would be the condition of being wet - for some cards this is a bonus, for others a detriment and some cards will even start drenched, Dry, which would undrench cards, and Laminated, which would be certain cards that cannot be wet, because they're laminated. Also, the new tribal would be Naga, who mostly benefit from being Drenched and can Splash themselves and enemies.

Attached: 761px-Queen_of_Madness_TCG.jpg (761x600, 73K)

>mfw the Bronzebeards will never be relevant again because they're classic dwarves and Memehammers and Not!Duergar will continue to boss them around in their own fucking city.

Attached: 1495642216818.png (937x700, 530K)

Magni was pretty central to Legion and may make a reappearance soon and I'm 100% certain the Wildhammers are even more irrelevant to the setting now that the Horde can apparently just phase through the Hinterlands to reach Arathi.

Maybe Cataclysm shouldn't have made it so that humans can run into Ironforge and do whatever the fuck they want.

>Nelf dissenter falseflagging as a Dwarf and trying to subvert authority of the Crown
Get out of here, parasite!

Attached: Hes so average hes special which makes him average and special.png (408x627, 378K)

I've never approved of those damned Wrynns.

We really should have had another noble family take over. I vote on those Prestors! Always good folk, those Prestors.

In the novel Twilight of the Aspects you can find a bit about such AU.

Magni has effectively become the ambassador of Azeroth's world-soul. There's no way he's not coming back for a major role.

I find the whole elf female falling for a hooman fantasy a weird meme. Did anyone ever write it in another, more interesting way?

On another note, anyone knows where can I get a FB2 or PDF of Blood of the Highborne or Warcraft:Paragons?

Attached: cc.jpg (572x476, 443K)

Define "interesting". By default romances aren't interesting unless cucking is involved regardless of racial pairings.

I don't think anyone isn't going to pretend Elf Female/Human Male isn't wish-fulfillment for nerdy male authors.

The Gnome Male/Human Female married couple that showed up once is a bit more unique.

A plot where female character has more agency (relative to your standart anemic maiden) without looking like a tryhard SJW.

Mockingjay movies come to mind, where Peeta was pretty fucked up and girl was the 'strong' protagonist. They still had a family and such in the end.

And I don't get the cuckolding fetish.

>wish-fulfillment
Not always, I bet.

>Mockingjay movies
>interesting
Okay user.

>Not always, I bet.
Pic related is literally Elf Female Rogue and Human Male Wizard. It's absolutely wish-fulfillment 99% of the time.

Attached: Chuck Sarah.png (415x328, 230K)

No he isn't, thats clearly Tirion

I merely showed an example of male-female character interaction where I was surprised by how -she- had to deal with lots of things being the protagonist and a female. Including him losing grasp of reality and trying to strangle her. But they still had a sort of happy ending. I'm not advocating the movies or books themselves.

Sorry, IDK who are these. I respect your right to have an opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

I'd like to play a Forsaken but not sure how does one handle RPing a emotionally lobotomized person. Or does this answer contradict how ingame NPCs react? What's the point of adding all this gloominess then? So that race would still be appealing to le edgy crowd?

Source: wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_2

Attached: not a phase.png (566x270, 22K)

A humorless Addams Family member?

like with Vereesa and Rhonin?

I wouldn't worry too much about that dulled emotions thing. I've never seen a good demonstration of it in WoW's writing. However, in playing one, I'd still probably weight things towards less positive emotions just because a Forsaken typically doesn't have a lot to feel great about on a personal level.

Unless you're playing a Cata-vintage Forsaken rather than original recipe. In which case, you might be quite pleased with your condition.

For all we complain about the Forsaken starting with Cataclysm, there are some interesting things about Sylvanas making new undead. I rolled up an undead rogue yesterday and sat around Deathknell for a while just watching the val'kyr reanimate corpses.

Every time, the val'kyr would tell the new Forsaken they're free to do whatever they want. More than half the time, the newly raised immediately elect to return to death. Occasionally, one'll turn into a mindless zombie and wonder off (which is as good as dead, as they'll be destroyed soon enough). Some few are happy about the opportunity of new life and freely enter into Sylvanas' service. And then you get some who just choose to leave and go their own way. Heck, even the player characters can just forego the starting quests and leave.

For all the crap Cata brought to the undead, it did open up some intriguing options for players.

t. Kel'Thuzad

>tfw have a big set of WoW trading cards that I never played with

Faction war expansion

Attached: 5678876.jpg (1100x618, 403K)

Yes, at least until the Knaak purge. Although Vereesa doesn't have even a fraction of Sarah Walkers personality and autism.

this picture makes no sense at all
>Tirion doesn't look even close to Tirion
>Turalyon is young but has shattered Lothar's sword and High Exarch's amour already
>Gavinrad is forgotten as always

Where do you see the best trio (Genn & Jaina acting as Uncle and Aunt/Mentors for Anduin) going?

I'd love to see the young King become a bit more agressive towards the Horde.

Attached: Greymane-and-Anduin-small-600x300.jpg (600x300, 98K)

>anduin should lose the only trait that makes him stand out

I mean, Jaina did. And mentored by the 2 biggest warmongers among thr Alliance leaders, why wouldn't he?

>The Gnome Male/Human Female married couple that showed up once is a bit more unique.

so, we need to find out which Blizzard developement from that time is a manlet?

Because neither of them are his mentor. If anyone in the Alliance is Anduin's mentor, it's Velen.

Besides, if his father's antics didn't impress him when he was a child, I doubt Genn's and Jaina's far more emotionally based vendettas will sway him as an adult.

It will probably remain the same. Genn being hyper aggresive while Anduin keeps him in check for the most part.

On another note I really hope we get a proper Thrall and Jaina reunion and have them reminisce about old times in a happy tone. Jaina will then turn bitter as they talk about Garrosh and Thralls decision. Alliance and horde soldiers would burst out from behind them, charging as Jaina starts casting a spell. Thrall with a sad expression would start channeling elictricity in his fist and let out a roar before charging his former friend.

I know blizz won't do this but atleast have them talk god damnit. I know it happened in some shitty book but fuck that I need it voice-acted.

Attached: Times-Change.jpg (640x640, 106K)

More like Genn is keeping Anduin in check by preventing him from being a little crying bitch all the time
That questline where he gets his sword and Genn tells him to stop being so pathetic was fucking great
I wish we got 10 more of those in BfA

To be fair, it's more like he felt Anduin wasn't ready to cope with his father's death, all the wile saying he should get his fingers out of his ass because there was stuff to be done.

Barkenon Puppos

Remember when a lone doomguard could wipe out Stormwind, and a single dragon could take out Orgrimmar? I miss those days.

Attached: Doom_Lord_Kazzak_TCG[1].jpg (704x541, 230K)

I remember Lady Kazzak doing Stormwind.

>where's Gavinrad?
He was a Stormwind knight, so he came later. This is Alonus' fantastic four.

Rofl mate the next time Jaina meets Thrall his sanctimonious ass is going to get a frost spike right through the heart. And that's how Jaina becomes the final raid boss.

>And why is Turalyon so young
That's the point. Artist tried to capture Turalyon's more young nature. He is young, all-loving and ideal hero. Uther, Tirion and Saidan are more zealots and cynical (in a good way).
Also Turalyon is the only one looking into the distance, symbolising his cosmic adventures, that has nothing to do with undead or his brothers paladins.
Come on, guys! It's all very simple!

Attached: Naaru_Ship.jpg (600x349, 163K)

i don't get it, can someone explain this?

Female Lightforged /silly.

The answer does indeed contradict a lot of Forsaken behavior. Now granted, a lot of Forsaken tend to be cynical, cruel, and when they display happiness, it tends to be more of a gallows humor/laughing at the misery of others type of thing, but the writers seriously play up how edgy the Forsaken act when describing them as opposed to when they actually write them in-game. Hell, even the Scourge's leadership cracks a few jokes here and there when you level a Death Knight through the Scarlet Enclave.

Attached: qKM37et.png (864x677, 689K)

Why Alleria is more involved in the upcoming war, than Turalyon? What the fuck? She even shouts "For the Alliance!" more, than Turalyon. Yes, I counted!
Isn't she suppose to be the apathetic one, like "whatever, I don't care about your stupid war". But now she is even more patriot, than Turalyon.

Attached: soaA04.jpg (1280x1679, 719K)

she's pissed off now that she got thot patrolled out of Silvermoon because she almost got the Sunwell eaten by a void lord

>Isn't she suppose to be the apathetic one

No, burning hatred of the Horde is a defining characteristic of hers.

It's Lightforged female /silly: "Have you met my dog? His name is Barkanon Puppos"

Archenon poros is greeting used by normal draenei.

>whatever, I don't care about your stupid war
The heck gave you that impression?
>Why Alleria is more involved in the upcoming war, than Turalyon?
Because she's a racial leader while he's just an important class figure. Think of them as the counterparts to Lor'themar and Liadrin. The patriotism function is directly proportional to the level of importance in the faction hierarchy, and she's pretty high up there.

Just spitballing here, but I'm going to guess that when Alleria was around, the elven relationship with humanity was the best it had ever been, sans maybe the Troll Wars. Humans and dwarves fought, bled and died beside her, and it was the orcs who were vicious, monstrous invaders.

Another big part of her character was trying to reason with her wayward kin in Silvermoon, and bring them out of the Horde, before her whole accidental void interaction with the Sunwell.

Oh, the Light, how much I love her...

The weird thing about Alleria is how she seems to regard the present Alliance and Horde as the same Alliance and Horde she was involved with. I'm not saying she's on the wrong side or anything, but it's a bit bizarre how she seems to have no interest in learning about what's happened in the time she's been gone.

Her visit to Silvermoon really makes it feel like she hasn't done ANY homework about what her people have been through since WC2.

>Because she's a racial leader while he's just an important class figure.
He is a leader of the Army of the Light. Yes, he even above that draenei chick. But he is lower than Velen in the faction hierarchy, I guess.

>Just spitballing here, but I'm going to guess that when Alleria was around, the elven relationship with humanity was the best it had ever been, sans maybe the Troll Wars.
No, you're right. The Alliance was at its absolute historical peak in the Second War, and it was also the exclusively good side in the setting. People sometimes forget that these two things are very closely related.
Even making the Horde a potentially redeemed side indirectly resulted in a much more flawed Alliance as well as a flat out weaker one. And during MoP and Legion the Alliance were once again the protagonists and consequentially also at their peak strength as far as WoW is concerned.
So really, don't be suprised when Alliance players want to maintain a status of pure white morality because there's definately a correlation between being the good guys and being really fucking strong.

>The weird thing about Alleria is how she seems to regard the present Alliance and Horde as the same Alliance and Horde she was involved with.

Why should she not? The Horde are still assholes and the Alliance are still the Alliance plus more friends.

>but it's a bit bizarre how she seems to have no interest in learning about what's happened in the time she's been gone.
Like what? Basically it's the same Horde. Many orcs veterans are still alive. Maybe even that one guy that butchered her brother is still alive and well, enjoying his vacation in Silvermoon nowadays.
>Her visit to Silvermoon really makes it feel like she hasn't done ANY homework about what her people have been through since WC2.
Nor does Lor'themar tried to convince her.

>He is a leader of the Army of the Light. Yes, he even above that draenei chick.
He leads the army but he doesn't lead the people. He's in that awkward place between Anduin and Fareeya where he isn't the top human but leads an entire race of people, but isn't their racial leader.
You've got to understand the true character hierarchy isn't the same as the official lore hierarchy.

I love when she comments on Sylvanas with ''how could she ever wear the mantle of warchief'' like what the fuck bitch shit happened while you were gone.

The Alliance was at its absolute historical peak in the Second War.
The Horde was at its absolute historical peak in the Third War.

You know what would be cool? If they actually went into that with Alleria and Turalyon being complete fish out of water by the time they return.

>"What happened to Lordaeron? How is Terenas doing?"
>"Genn, you old dog, it's good to see you again. How's your son?"
>"Are the trolls still invading Quel'thalas? Where are Anasterian and Kael'thas?"

Instead we get one line between her and Vereesa getting angry about Sylvanas leading the Horde. Literally one of the most interesting part of these kinds of stories is the re-acclimation process, but they just blunder over it.

You get ONE cookie for stating the obvious, page.

I don't think you can blame her for not imagining her sister had turned into a undead monster.

>You know what would be cool? If they actually went into that with Alleria and Turalyon being complete fish out of water by the time they return.
They could easily made Turalyon into Captain America's expy. You know, trying to fit in the modern world. But I guess an upcoming book will cover this.

>But I guess an upcoming book will cover this.
No. An upcoming book is about Golden's pet Anduin. Again.

>but they just blunder over it.

They're not done with it yet. You've got them in the Stormwind thinking it's weird how there are statues of themselves.
In BfA you got Turalyon being sad about Horde paladins.

Turalyon has already been to a much weirder world though. He's a guy who's not up to date on current events but modernity itself shouldn't be a big deal.

Probably, it's still absolutely reeking of wasted potential.

>Jaina, where's your father?

youtube.com/watch?v=P1CpVjR4Xvg

>tfw no Lightforged waifu

>World of Warcraft: The Speedy Dub

>No. An upcoming book is about Golden's pet Anduin. Again.
Or maybe another audio drama about Turalyon and Alleria. A second part, if you will. The first one was great. Really sold me on those characters.

yeaah

Attached: the_tattoo_by_faebelina-dbyft85.png (1024x755, 275K)

There is so many lightforged females in slut transmog on my server. Like I am in paladin's heaven right now.

Attached: tumblr_p16vdm8vWA1tliclwo1_500.png (500x539, 219K)

>They're not done with it yet. You've got them in the Stormwind thinking it's weird how there are statues of themselves.
>In BfA you got Turalyon being sad about Horde paladins.
Exactly. Those are a baby steps, but at least it is something. Do you remember how Khadgar or Danath tried to adjust themselves to a normal life in Azeroth? Neither do I.

Wait why is Turalyon sad about horde paladins I'm not updated

I like lightforged draenei, but there isn't many sexy fan-arts with them out there (but there is plenty with elves). Which is sad.