Necromunda Underhive General - /nuhg/

New and improved edition

>New forge world kits for Esher:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/16/escher-weapons-and-the-sump-dogsfw-homepage-post-1/

>Resource mega:
mega.nz/#F!EXQTwCyY!ptmlCCuaDbhB7pRwt3MQ4Q

>FAQ:
whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Necromunda_FAQ_v1_ENG.pdf

>Gangs of legend:
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/09/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf

>Previous thread:

Attached: girly guns.png (1210x788, 1.91M)

Lets not forget this thing. Can't decide if I'm ok with it or hate it. I'd probably be more interested in the new book than the new models

Attached: what is this.jpg (878x878, 407K)

The fact that it doesn't seem to have any plasma gun design cues is making me think it might be a conversion beamer or some other 30k lostech.

Attached: Conversion_Beamer2.jpg (462x183, 29K)

I know what I'm going to be making when the bits are available.

Attached: RA2_Desolator_Render.png (405x600, 239K)

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Considering the whole 'They are killing themselves with radiation', they could totally toss them a couple of those Admech radiation guns.

Has anyone had any luck with GSC gangs? Or even played with them yet?

They are really, really alpha-strikey. Throwing demolition charges at people first turn...then having a t3 W1 champion getting his shit kicked in if anyone lives past the demo charge.

Acolyte with demo charge and infiltrate, if you're playing underhive game then you're good. If you're playing in 3d make a gang with lower rating so you can get a better chance to choose the scenario to bomb your opponent. It worked well until you get a bad scenario, or when your oppoent figure your one-trick out and kill your suicide bomber.

yes, but i completely fucked it up and got my acolytes killed or captured
DO NOT give them the heavy mining weapons- that is a fucking trap

Does anyone know how long FW delivery usually takes? I’m pretty hype for the new weapon kit although I’d like to know how long it’ll take to get here because I’m in an ongoing turf war right now.
It’s bad enough it doesn’t release till next week

So Escher House Equipment list got bigger

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-16-14-56-24.png (720x1280, 1.39M)

...that's a bloody lot more options. Needle Rifles for all is a hell of a boost.

>Pros
GW is definitely getting better at CAD sculpting.
>Cons
God damn that looks like an Infinity rip-off.

What bugs me about Necromunda vs. like Shadespire is the design team is so much worse, and editorial is missing so much shit.

most of the new additions are just the common items from the trading post, but there are some nice new goodies in there. makes it really unfair they didnt at least release the goliath kit alongside it.

Hoping that the Huntress/Escher Queen end up getting models soon, but Idk based on them only having concept art so far. Was going to wait to pick up the upgrade pack until they came out.

Man, I really need to expand the hospitaler weapon list now to match up to actual gangs. Not 100% sure what I'll add to them.

Most of the new item are not common or in the trading post.

my bad mate, saw the wargear list double in size and saw that they were just normal items anyway. that is a huge boost to their house. I kinda don't dig it- I'd rather the trading post get more fleshed out with goodies

I mean, I'm ok with quite a few of them (Like needle rifles for a faction that can get combi-needles already). Some seem kinda meh though.

The part that blows my mind is that meltaguns can just be bought from the house armoury. I’m not up to date on my lore or anything, but is that commonplace in the underhive now?

Where are the rules for the stiletto sword?! What makes it better than the knife?

In Gang War

Oh. Oops.

Also, good that I can armor a juve now...

Well actually good that I can just get rid of flak armor altogether. It's meant for the guardsmen not my mushy mushers.

They were in the Gangs of Legend options before but I must am surprised. I put them on my Hospitalers but then...Adepta Sororitas. They are like the 2 special weapons the entire faction has. Kinda surprised they are on a gang that doesn't have them as sorta 'their thing' like how they are for toxin weapons.

The sword is AP -1 with parry

So I'm thinking of starting a Necromunda gang to play some games with friends.

Modelwise, I like the look of the Goliaths and the Orlocks, and I already own some GSC models.

In terms of 40k, I really love assault-based armies but I don't mind playing shooty armies either (I play primarily Nids and Ad Mech)

My friends will likely go for Van Saar and Goliath.

Can you give me a run down on how Orlocks, Goliath, and GSC play? I'm reading through these pdfs, but right now I'm focusing on trying to understand how the game plays rather than analysing the gangs.

>Can you give me a run down on how Orlocks, Goliath, and GSC play? I'm reading through these pdfs, but right now I'm focusing on trying to understand how the game plays rather than analysing the gangs.

Orklocks are your basic gang, in a good way. They're brave all rounders who put down a shit tonne of firepower downrange. Not the most accurate but there is a lot of it and it's not inaccurate either.

Goliath are slow but dangerous, hitting like a truck in melee and being able to bring heavy firepower to the game with grenade launchers even if they can't outmanoeuvre others. They are, however, kinda shit mentally outside of very good Cool values.

GSC are slow alpha strikers. They can get guys right up in your face first turn due to infiltration but once they've infiltrated they are not very fast. Their leaders are all close range shooting or melee, with the line troops providing the covering fire with good basic weapons.

>Orlock

Rapid firing shooty gang, Good at medium-short range. Their weapon list is kinda boring but they have a good kit and great compability with other kit. So less to no conversion require.

>Goliath

T4/S4 fighters zerg rush with grenade launcher support from the back. Terrible kit, you'll need to kitbash to bring out the most of them

>GSC
see Champ/Leader is CC fighter, with god awful stat.
Gangers have access to good (but very expensive) weapons.

So aside from suicide bombing, the other thing they can do is taking potshot at their leader or champ (they have good Cool stat) hoping that you'll get something

I thought the deal with meltaguns is that they're not too uncommon, Sisters just happen to really like them.

I see some people above me have posted stuff about the armory.

So I'm going to talk tactics cards. These represent unique situations that come into play somehow. The underhive is unpredictable and thus I can only give you a brief overview on what to expect as you play.

Goliath's will be pulling many surprise stand ups and charges. Some can take less damage than was dealt.

Orlocks deal with leadership and working together, so expect them to be activating together and not breaking morale. Also... expect to take wounds from unarmed attacks.

Genestealer's unfortunately don't have much going in terms of tactics cards, but I have little doubt that those that purchased the online bundle received a certain card that could shake the very foundations of civilization as we know it.

Genestealer's also make up for their lack of tactic's cards with the Webber, which has a tendency to out of action many gangers.

>FW Escher kits

Honestly, i expect them to make an alternative head instead. I'm fed up with those manfaced trannies that we get.

Kit 2 has a few.

Cheers, guys. From the sounds of it, I'm probably gonna not go with GSC. I'll need to take a closer look at the armies, maybe watch some videos online. Any recommendations for good necromunda campaign series?

Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot out there atm, and the ones that are out there get a good handful of rules wrong.
I was actually thinking of starting a video series myself, but I would need to finish painting everything which would take a while

It is definitely an irad-cleanser. AdMech radiation guns have the trefoil fins around the aperture.

Attached: ThallaxIradCleanser00.jpg (385x437, 35K)

Also loses backstab iirc

Part of me wish to restrict the starting gear options.

Any chance that Chaos Cults will be a thing? Even if they do become a thing, will we still be stuck with the comparatively tiny chaos cultist models we have or will we get new ones that better fit the scale?

Attached: 1502644059105.jpg (803x548, 68K)

>or will we get new ones that better fit the scale?
This one is highly doubtful.
However, some rules for cultists are going to happen; there are rumours that they would be able to conduct rituals during downtime.

They've been mentioned alongside GSC as a potential filler-release. We're probably not going to get new models for it, unless you want to throw chaos symbols all over existing Necromunda models as proxies, which might also be an option.

I mean, Dark Vengeance had good Cultists for the time, but now they're kind of eh sculpt-wise. Certainly a better release would do well to flesh out renegades and heretics/warp cults and imperial militia.

>Chaos Cults
Probably not as a faction, but maybe as a mercenary? A gang of heretics doesn't strike me as one that would last very long, considering that a handful of OG Necromunda gangs are explicitly pro-Imperial Creed.

They'd work as part of an Outlanders style expansion, working in the same sort of territory as Scavvies and Ratskins in the deepest shittest part of the Hive.

If you had a bloody GM he could have random gangers as part of the cult in a campaign.

>Start daubing the walls with anti-Emperor rhetoric, and symbols of Chaos.
>A 'crusade' of House Cawdor and Redemptionists backed by the Arbites show up and push your shit in.

You're going to be making scorched earth?

OK, with this list what do you think the optimal Escher loadout is?

You probably still want to start small. Get a good 8 bodies and give everyone S. Knives and sprinkle autoguns, lasguns, a shotgun and maybe a needle rifle for your leader.
After a few games, then you start tailoring based on your opponents and the amount of cash you can grab. Always make sure your dudes are survivable before you get them expensive weapons because otherwise, they’re going to die with them

>optimal Escher loadout
Everyone had a Combi Bolt Rifle, except for Juve.

I did that. Called them the bolter bitches.

Gun is cool, but man, those masks are just so alien to Necromunda.

They would work for a Spyrer.

Can anyone tell me what each of the gangs place is in necromunda?
Escher are the chem makers
orlocks are the miners
goliath are the...miners? builders?
are the van saar the weapons trade/manufacturing?

Goliath produce and forge most of the metal component, they owned most of the working furnaces in Necromunda and they have muscle and endurance to work in the extreme condition in the forge.

Van Saar making high tech component and sell high tech weapon to the great house.

Goliath are forgers. They're pipe-fitters and forge-stokers. And since those machines run hot and their components and tools are heavy, they value strength and endurance. They also value practicality and intuitive knowledge of their machines over book leaning.

Van Saar look like they sell advanced tech to the uphivers; their flawed STC giving them the capability to produce much more advanced machinery than their counterparts. Although its flaw also produces a good deal of toxic and radiological byproducts.

Still, each House has some of the capabilities of the other Houses, although it's not their unique specialty. It's why they can steal contracts from the other Houses for the same kinds of jobs.

Will be interesting if Spyrers ever turn up.

It would be very cool to see them add a few more weapon types so I'm 100% behind rad guns.

That's actually a great name for an Escher gang. I'm trying to think of one now.

I'd actually really like to see some new gangs if we've a new edition of Necromunda. I love Ratskins and Scavvies and Ash Waste Nomads but I want to see new things too. I'd love to see a scenario using the Necromundan Spyders or something.

Attached: download.jpg (219x230, 7K)

What sort of new factions would there that would fit naturally? A scenario with NPC Spyders could be very cool though.