Softcover vs Hardcover

Softcover vs Hardcover

Which do you prefer when it comes to your rulebooks and why?

Personally I just feel softcover books are easier to handle, though I love the look of hardcovers on my bookcase.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x277, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dark-Sun-Campaign-Setting-Supplement/dp/0786954930/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521269173&sr=8-4&keywords=dark sun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hardcover or just pirate a pdf.

>Hardcover or just pirate a pdf.

Attached: 1484377776292.png (142x289, 75K)

Hardcovers feel much better and last a lot longer in most cases. What kind of sissy waif prefers a softcover book, especially for their rulebooks? Also, this:

Coil-bound. Easier to lay flat and keep open to sections you need to reference.

softcovers are for stinkers

Hardcover are more prestigious, but softcover excels at usability.

I'd rather have my RPG of choice rulebook in the format of Paizos small rulebooks for table usage than a big leather hardcover to look good on a shelf.

Stinky

you fuckin said it buddy

Hardcover. I find softcover too flimsy and cheap, doesn't feel good enough quality to part with my money. Oh, and I pirate pdfs as well regardless for convenience.

Softcovers are good for small books where the hard cover would be as thick as the actual pages inside. Hardcovers stand up better to use and are less likely to flop around in the bookshelf. I've got World of Synnibarr (500-600 pages) as a softcover, and that thing will flop around like a flag in the breeze if you haven't got something next to it to keep it in line.

>I've got World of Synnibarr (500-600 pages)

Attached: y tho.jpg (1813x2111, 912K)

When you see WoS 2e and its supplement on sale from the original publisher, for "mint from factory" condition, for the same price they were in 1995, you buy that shit.

I... I can't fault that

under appreciated

Whats with the image? Does numenera 2 have a softcover book?

>People buy/collect physical books
Wow I thought i was all alone on this damn site

What do you guys collect? whats is your rarest/prized book? pics? this shit gives me a hard on

Attached: 109.jpg (1214x1800, 527K)

I've been trying to finish off my Anima collection. One card game and two books left. Shit's hard to find, but SLA Industries might be even harder.

This pic's kind of old, I've since got a couple of Van Richten's Guides, the Infinity Classified Deck and ITS Season 9 book, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy RPG line, Heroines of the First Age, Rigger 3 Revised, Cannon Companion, SR Companion Revised, Man & Machine, Matrix, Anima Tactics, Gaia 1, Dominus Exxet, the Anima GM Screen, Prometheum Exxet, Beyond Good & Evil, and Twilight of the Gods.

Attached: Shelf composite.png (2250x1679, 7.5M)

Oh, and SLA Industries - Hunter Sheets Issue 2.

Very nice my man, What is Anima like? Ive only ever heard about it in passing. I just started collecting maybe a year ago. give me a sec and i'll take a pic.

It can be a bit complicated to wrap your head around sometimes, but it works pretty well once you know what you're doing. Like most rules-heavy systems.

This! I don't own a single roleplaying book, I keep all my RPGs on a flash drive and as backup data on my computer.

Hardcover looks great but I always feel bad when they get dented and scratched. I have no such problems with soft cover.

Anyone seen the prices for D&D 4e books on ebay and amazon? that shit cant be real right?!

amazon.com/Dark-Sun-Campaign-Setting-Supplement/dp/0786954930/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521269173&sr=8-4&keywords=dark sun

Attached: 1521254785887.jpg (1000x1439, 346K)

Sorry for the wait.

Attached: Collection 3-17-18.jpg (3879x1507, 1.33M)

I only recently got into tabletops so I only have a 5e core book and and Mage the Ascension.

How do you go about doing this? Do you just have the PDF printed at an office supply place and have them do it? Can you even do that?

>Player asks to look at hardcover book
>"O-okay, just be caref-"
>Quickly opens book all the way, audible CRACK.
>I feel physical pain

>Do you just have the PDF printed at an office supply place and have them do it? Can you even do that?
It depends on the publisher.

Attached: Steve Jackson Games Warehouse 23.png (764x121, 7K)

>Numbenera
This fucking game. Half a page in and the intro 'theme' character is killing his own pet because of a random encounter?

Fucking dropped. Learn to write material, Monte, that's edgelord as shit.

I typically only buy books if I find in them in the wild, but occasionally I'll grab ones that look interesting. I've actually got enough small sized rpg books that I've had to move them to a separate shelf.

Rarest is currently the hardback Maze of the Blue Medusa. It was my grail for a decent amount of time. Honestly the adventure is mostly pretentious nonsense with some neat ideas and art mixed in, but being denied a physical copy through normal means made me crave it.

My most cherished book is probably my first edition copy of Maid RPG that I picked up at Gencon in 2008 when it was new. It reminds me of good times both in my real life and on Veeky Forums, and it's still my favorite system for oneshots.

Attached: 20170622_230408.jpg (4032x3024, 4.46M)

Never use Amazon for anything old unless you can price match it with ebay. For some reason sellers on Amazon will jack the price by crazy amounts. For instance there are copies on ebay ranging from $20-$60ish dollars.

>Pass friend book
>They lay it flat on the table, pushing down and smoothing the open pages to stay open

You lucky fucks try living in England. Compare the prices of RPGs on Amazon (.com and .co.uk) and you'll see what I mean.