/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1521257629446.jpg (1379x7370, 4.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edPn7MtawLs
youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1521258273323.jpg (1382x7938, 2.48M)

Attached: 1521258554607.jpg (1379x6349, 3.48M)

Attached: 1521258629610.jpg (1379x5669, 3.25M)

Attached: 1521258947483.jpg (1382x7371, 2.33M)

Attached: 1521259033377.jpg (1382x5972, 1.81M)

Why would you post it in the wrong order twice

Hes an evil fucker thats why

Mystery box?

I just beat Shadowrun: Hong Kong and got the ending where your dad gets trapped with the demon and it kind of got me wondering why there's no waifu CYOAs for indescribable horrors.

Maybe the Jaded Empress of Torments is lonely and wants a husband for all eternity, and you regularly dispatching her minions has piqued her interest. Or the Mother of Twisted Fates tricked you into signing a contract that makes you her consort. Don't worry, she loves you. It's just everything else she hates.

>kind of got me wondering why there's no waifu CYOAs for indescribable horrors.
There is. WAIFU.

>spoiler
Not outplaying her at her own game

for shame

I'm trying to get into making CYOAs, but before I feel confident enough I want to know how you guys reliably align text so it looks good, and what you use to do it.

Photoshop

What about nightmare waifus?

Attached: Nighmare Waifu 1.png (1200x7050, 7.45M)

Attached: Nightmare Waifu 2.png (1200x6300, 4.82M)

I use paint.net, though it sucks for fixing text.

With 90% of photo editing tools, you can create guide lines that elements such as text will latch onto. I don't know about other tools but in Photoshop you can even create custom guide layouts.

Just eyeball it.

Mmmmmmmmm...

MOTH PUSSY.

Though the other ones are fine too.

>Acheld
Creeper, probably a sexual deviant in other ways and thus terrible relationship material.
>Angel
Incompatible life goals. Anything close to the entertainment "industry" needs to be avoided like the plague. And its members aren't exactly renowned for their morals. Also, I'm too much of a sperg to let it work.
>"accidentally" trips in front of me
>I dodge it and step aside

>Beri
Just asking to get cucked here. And optimists make me sick.
>Lime
A person whose entire existence is a lie. Absolutely degenerate.
>Ferrean
Sounded good until "playful and flirty" came up. Seems like a barely concealed whore, and I can't take any chances with someone who conceals their intentions in the first place.
>Gil-kun
A shit, next.
>John
Sportfags are typically degenerates, but the biggest red flag is "muh career" tied in with what she "discovers". I.e. a "free spirit" not to be trusted.
>MaidAnon
Anyone who unironically goes to a gym should be shot.
>MaidOfCharts
Daddy issues incarnate, avoid.
>Monster
An artsy type who is difficult to read--bad idea. Not to mention I don't care about most art aside from a few specific types.
>Rosanon
Openly degenerate.
>SDG
Literal barslut, pass.
>Spacefuture
A pain in the ass.
>Stoned Celt
I like the owl more.
>Symbiobro and TextAnon
Both tanks. I don't want to be a dairy farmer.
>Scientist
Qt, but probably too smart for me. It's just asking to get cucked if you aren't respected.
>ZBG
Degenerate.

Well, looks like they're all shit. I'll take the unnamed letter.

Attached: Absolutely SLAVIC.jpg (276x280, 24K)

>Openly degenerate
And what's wrong with that, user? At least I'm honest.

Attached: 12fd6541a320d2f03dee3b38a0745735.jpg (900x1161, 590K)

>I
[citation needed]

But I appreciate honesty inasmuch as it allows me to judge you quickly and avoid you. My true rage is saved for the degenerates who pretend they're something else. But that doesn't mean you're not a degenerate.

Citation provided.

C'mon, user. We'll have tons of fun together donning our Pinochet cosplay and throwing Communists (the real degenerates -- yurimancers are smalltime) out of helicopters.

Attached: commietits.png (540x675, 292K)

I'll fight for the Guardians.

Silent Sphinx: Telepathy, Statueform, Master Transformation

I'll fight for Love

Titan's Ring
War Council
Titans

Nemesis: End of the World

Fight on the Flanks

I'll be a telepathic officer. I'll pair up with one of the commanders and issue orders to the troops en masse. Hopefully I'll survive this war and get my reward.

Thanks for choosing me, user. I don't even mind sharing you with all the other authors not named in this CYOA

Moral decay in society was an explicit goal of the communists, though. As I said, though, it is a matter of scope and degree. It isn't an issue if gays exist, but it is an issue if they demand special treatment at the expense of society. They should keep it in the closet.
Wait, I thought the unmarked letter meant that you would just stay single?

Attached: DEMORALIZED.jpg (759x468, 61K)

If you wanted to stay single, you shouldn't have played this CYOA

The "Unnamed Letter" was to pay tribute to everyone who didn't have an entry above it. Theoretically, it would only have been written by one of the many, but if you average out the multiverse, we share you now.

Attached: kanbaru bouncy.gif (480x640, 490K)

How was I supposed to know all the options were shit beforehand?

Attached: cyoag in a nutshell.png (763x1100, 516K)

>all the options were shit
Maybe the shit was inside you all along.

Attached: 1515113642359.png (384x390, 175K)

>at least we're not jumpchain

Attached: 1497699282004.jpg (500x406, 117K)

Hello?

When is Magi Bloodlines suppose to be release? Was there a mentioned date or month?

Months away

DELETE THIS!!!!!!!!

>He thinks Italics will stay on schedule

Is it me you're looking for?

This is probably my favorite CYOA now. I really want to play an RTS game with this set up.

St Patricks day already here in Australia, on the Spiced Bundaberg Rum this time.
Hope y'all enjoy your day, good luck and drinks to all.

Attached: Warhammer 40,000 Chapter CYOA.png (1400x3320, 2.07M)

Attached: Warhammer 40,000 Chapter CYOA (Mystery Box).png (1399x1182, 748K)

Sisters of Battle don't actually have to take a vow of chastity
I pick Custodes though

Happy St. Pat's, cunt. Take a swig for me.
If that's true, then there's no reason for me to NOT be a battle lez.
I can respect not wanting to die a gruesome death or be a chick, though.

Attached: CYOD.png (877x2100, 3.1M)

Mystery Box option 1, please.

Attached: 390px-War_in_the_Webway.jpg (390x599, 95K)

Are there any good CYOA with actually good friends? I wanna do a teen titans type group adventure in my head but I need friends

Post Hitler rising: the final solution CYOA.

Alternate Marine CYOA

Attached: Space Marine.png (1220x4750, 6.46M)

What was it's name again?

Attached: Space Marine - The Box.png (1000x2440, 2.18M)

>Be a lamenter
>Already have tear drops and heart on my armor.
Seems like picking eldar is fine with me.

>implying you have enough battle brothers left to paint anything anyway

Well, you know:
>Hitler rising:The final solution
>Sweaty gay erotica cyoa
>Scummy scummy cum-fucks 2: Someone stole my little sexy lunch money.
>My First Work
>Blue Diamonds by Night
>This cyoa was made by a raging pedophile
>Moon Man: Whitetopia
>My Cyoa: Better than Yours
>horse cocks in my ass? Yes please!
>Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke
>Nigga's in Paris 12: The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Chronicles & Knuckles, Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
>So you got arrested for licking toilet bowls in the girl's bathroom...
>youtube.com/watch?v=edPn7MtawLs
>You start in a Tavern: The Cyoa
>Hack Frauds; The Musical.
>BRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP 2: The Cyoa 2
>I find ugandan knuckles funny.
>youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

Attached: Larry.png (908x399, 38K)

>laughs in Minotaur

Alright, guess I'll go worse then death route

Fight for the Forces of Darkness

Corrupted Guardian General (Agility, Code of Honor, Riposte Traits)

Knowledge Reward
Guardian's Hair
Guardian's Halls
Silent Sphinx Nemesis
Sergeant Role

Loyalist Stance. Yeah, my stupid, suicidal self is going to try to free or greatly strengthen the Goddamn Corrupted Guardian.
Agility is for sneaking around backstabbing the other dark forces where looking human does nothing and no amount of weapons would make a meaningful difference in how massively outclassed I am. And since I am sure not pulling this off with even more corruption and either incapable of stealth or missing an arm I'll just hope that I can use Code of Honor as an excuse to job a bit on the battlefield and my general is willing to cut me some slack and work with me a bit on ignoring the constant lying and backstabbing I'm going to be doing on the home front. Necrosis or Kinfe in the dark would really help me out there, but the former could draw the Corrupter's attention and the latter would be a hell of a red flag if I was able to have Code of Honor with it.

I am almost certainly not going to qualify for a fucking reward, but knowledge doesn't mention that I have to wait till the war is over and I need all the information I can get. I am probably not going to survive a decade and not shitting my pants is going to be a daily challenge, so the Guardian's hair is perfect. Seeing the Guardian on a daily basis is likely not going to "hinder my resolve for battle" either. I don't actually care about fighting sphinx, but I do care about having my plans be unreadable, so that's an auto-pick. And if I can build a position of power by sending my frenemies to their death, so much the better.

But seriously this is a terrible idea.

Attached: Costume Choice 5.png (1284x3280, 1.76M)

D-Delete this. I mean I guess its okay if Italics doesn't stay on schedule. Just as long as he delivers in the end.

Azteca.
I don't have to murder folks, I just have to acquire fresh organs.
I can probably bribe some mortician to let take the organs for my own use.
Maybe I could even cook the organs before eating them, depending on the exact definition of 'fresh' being used. Probably just swallow the eyes and tongue whole.
Every body potentially nets me a total of a year of life, 10% strength and reflex increase, 20% stamina increase, and potentially a new language.

>Gain the body of a buxom blonde 26 years old
Where am I supposed to hide a body, cmon now

can someone post the newest waifu cyoas or atleast some island survival cyoa
maybe even the worm cyoa

Cowboy I guess; maybe I'll move to Texas, maybe I'll sell the ranch.

By the time they're at the mortician's, I doubt the organs would be considered "fresh" for this purpose.

fuck off

Not until you post a build for every other CYOA in this thread.

Full cyoa never ever.

Attached: PSDCYOA.jpg (1200x5277, 1.37M)

Fuck.
Guess I'll just try to find some vulnerable, acceptable targets and keep a bottle of very strong barbecue sauce on hand to drown on the flavor of raw organs.

Yeah, people tend to underestimate the logistical complexities behind these kinds of plans (even if freshness hasn't been an issue - which, speaking as someone who's been tangentially involved in the field of organ transplantation, it really, really is - you're still left with a fuckton of questions: do you know how much money the mortician would take? What if he exposes you? Wouldn't it be suspicious if corpses at the mortician turn out without hearts? How fast can you perform a run? How about cannibalism related diseases? etc.)

Vampires have it WAY easier in that regard because A. extracting blood from someone is far easier than extracting their organs and B. most people can afford to lose a lot more blood before anything becomes suspicious (compared to having their liver eaten, which is pretty fucking noticeable however you think about it)

>Just asking to get cucked here
>Cucked
>By fucking beri of all the possible persons
You must be an awful person
>Optimists make me sick
Yep

Attached: Faggot.gif (420x240, 386K)

Hearts are one of the least survivable body parts. Under optimal conditions, on the operating table, in the middle of a dedicated transplantation surgery, from the moment of death, a heart has 3-5 hours where it's still good to use ASSUMING THAT IT IS REMOVED BY THE DOCTOR, WITH FULL LIFE SUPPORT, THEN IMMEDIATELY FROZEN. After 5 hours it's pretty much dog food.

And that's all in the operating room itself. Transplantations actually fail because sometimes the procedure takes so long the heart goes bad before it's over.

By the time a corpse is at the mortician's, no way in hell the heart's good for anything.

Hello, It's me Picasso

Attached: I will paint.jpg (1500x9820, 1.82M)

Normally I try to maintain a policy of not modifying silly CYOAs after initial release, because I think it somehow cheapens the cheapness of it all, but I just had to fix a couple typos that grated on me.

Attached: Quality CYOA 3+.png (1284x3280, 1.76M)

From what I can see you've changed the genie's flight/invisibility timers to being " not consecutive" instead of " not cumulative" and added that the nurse' trust fund is 50k a year rather than total. Anything else?

>have an idea for collab cyoa items
>Its already closed and finished

Are you gonna finish what you started?

But I want to be an Inquisitor

Remember: One CYOA directed by one person > One CYOA being made by a bunch of people.

How do we deconstruct the CYOA genre?

Attached: Hard Choices CYOA.jpg (1396x8130, 4.62M)

fine

Attached: 1502200857423.png (1296x8550, 4.57M)

The innocent best choice

Ditto, comfy immortality is the best.

It sounds nice, but i think i'd go mad from the unending sameness. It doesn't specifically say, but it seems like the entire world as a whole would never really change. No new worldly events, no shifts in technology, etc. That sounds boring as fuck. Also, at most you're in middle school so lewds with other cute lolis will be difficult to achieve.
Also, a town that always has good weather? But I like the rain. :(

The only way to win is to not pick.

>Also, a town that always has good weather? But I like the rain. :(
"Good" is subjective. Maybe for you it includes the occasional drizzle.

You can just choose artist and make art as hobby if you don't want anything

Time for another Designer Palico CYOA update!

Sub-Species: 5/5
Purrsonality Traits: 16/16
Weapons: 6/6
Armour: 6/6
Tools/Gimmicks: 4/8
Skillsets: 6/9

I'm aiming to release sometime next week. Would've finished this week, but the Purrsonality section was a last-minute addition that took some time to put together.

Please wait warmly while cute Lynians load the game!

Nyaice

You can also just choose the Stranger, because as the CYOA itself points out, if you're being realistic for a moment the odds of any of the drawbacks ever becoming relevant are pretty slim. The vast majority of people will never do anything great in their lives anyway, so unless you have a specific reason to think you're destined for greatness you might as well just get a guarantee of comfort and stability while you're at it.

Questions about The Hero:

1: Does the Nemesis want a fight to the death, or does he just want an honourable, non-life-threatening duel?
2: Given that he is 50% stronger than us in every way, isn't losing to him a foregone conclusion?
3: If we lose (and chances are, we will), what will he do to the Earth?

I didn't make the CYOA.

The last paragraph of The Stranger implied that not even the family you will have misses you much.

The Artiste share the same problem with The Genius: If you keep it as a hobby, you'll always feel that you're wasting your talent.

Having wasted talent is certainly not as good as having applied talent, but it's up to you whether it's really that much worse than having no talent at all.

Ah. Well, in that case, let's make an open-floor question of it; what's everyone's guesses?

Anyone have a good background picture for a strange small town CYOA?

All the pictures big enough that fit thematically tend to be panoramas, not many fit the vertical format of a CYOA.

Given that the option's clearly meant to provide a (deconstructed) superhero fantasy, I'm assuming that the only way to truly stop the Nemesis would have to involve either sacrificing yourself, somehow managing to defeat him regardless of the power difference (it happens all the time in superhero movies, guess it comes down to "guts" or something) or carefully coordinate with Earth's militaries so that they whittle him down just enough for you to be able to fight on equal ground, but avoid causing so much damage that the Nemesis considers the battle forfeit and warps away (that solution would cause "catastrophic collateral damage", but I guess part of being a superhero is having to be the one who'll choose to sacrifice New York rather than their own life and live with it)

Whatever happened to Italics?

Being able to enjoy repetative stuff is the one great boon of being autistic.
I read it more as shifts in tech at the same comfy rate and bad stuff still capable of happening "elsewhere".

>I read it more as shifts in tech at the same comfy rate and bad stuff still capable of happening "elsewhere".
That's very much RAI, though. I think it's fairly obvious that the main drawback of this option is supposed to be the sameness of it all. It wouldn't make sense if it only amounted to "progress is slower" (since it gives you an infinite amount of time, any pace of progress at all would make the drawback completely meaningless). The theme of the CYOA is pointing out the rarely considered cons of some classical CYOA choices, so the whole deal is "do you really, really, really, REALLY want an endless childhood that bad that you'd be willing to accept a truly ETERNAL childhood, with all that entails?"

Nothing?

>>Acheld
>Creeper, probably a sexual deviant in other ways
with you so far
>and thus terrible relationship material
you lost me

Post the rest of it, please.