EDH / Commander General

R&D saves Magic, again.

Previous: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
What is the worst deck you've built and how quickly did you abandon it?

Attached: SUUB.jpg (375x523, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fright-milk-fight-with-the-power-of-a-scarecrow/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temur-brew-ver10/
techinasia.com/china-doesnt-censor-skeletons-the-truth-about-game-censorship-in-the-middle-kingdom
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enter-the-zone-roon-edh/?cat=&sort=cost
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-03-18-scorpion-god/?cb=1521291853
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Thinking of picking up a playset of Obliterators since I foolishly traded 3/4 of my playset away
About when do you lads think the prices will plateau out?
Also Terastodon is the best green creature every printed

Fuck wishes

>I traded away three of them
>when they were significantly more expensive
>foolishly
>so I want to buy four more
Just fucking don't.

>thread question
every deck ive ever built, I have about 13 of them but I have never played a game vs another human and im selling my collection next month because im moving to a country with no mtg scene

Attached: 1517899992140.jpg (640x786, 96K)

>I have about 13 of them but I have never played a game vs another human
How the fuck. Not even online?

Attached: 1332425431446.jpg (212x251, 15K)

What country? I think you would be surprised.

>thread question
Mono White angels tribal, with too many boardwipes; a couple of weeks/months.

Attached: 20.jpg (312x445, 67K)

Nah lad, I need a playset.

For EDH? Why not just get one and put it into whichever deck you're using

mtgo is shit, I just play vs myself, ive been collecting on and off since revised, I went to the BNG prerelease but thats pretty much the only game in over 20 years

romania

Various edh decks.
There are just cards I like so much I need a playset.
Just like Ravager.

Probably Tazri Ally tribal, the cards are all super sweet but you need a critical mass of Allies to do anything. Played the deck for a month or so before moving on.

Anyone else get anything good in the mail for your decks? Pic related arrived today for the deck it is at the helm of, not huge on the invocation border but the art is way better on the invocation.

Apologies for the shitty pic.

Attached: It's not great.jpg (3032x3320, 2.62M)

You should apologize for making us look at that vomit-inducing shit.

>thread question
WBRG -1/-1 counters, abandoned it after one goldfish

anyways, can you boys give some advice? i'm trying to build a gimmicky (but hopefully still viable) artifact combo deck with reaper king at the helm. what do i do to make it better, and hopefully not with ridiculous priced options. there are pricey cards on the lest, but i already had them. there's a reason i'm not running 10 shocks, 10 fetches, even though i should.

Attached: The Reaper King.jpg (1121x800, 353K)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fright-milk-fight-with-the-power-of-a-scarecrow/

fuck i forgot the link

>Thread question
Zur Opalescence combo.

"But Zur can't tutor Opalescence", you might say.

Yep. I played it once and conceded when someone played a card that revealed my hand because I was too embarrassed to show the cards I was running.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fright-milk-fight-with-the-power-of-a-scarecrow/
i dont really have a suggestion, but man is this guy my favorite card. its sad that his tribe isnt very synergisticly good.

LOOK AT THIS OPENER. ON OLORO

Attached: bullshit.jpg (1920x1080, 1.53M)

>thread question

Saskia enchantress with powerstone minefield and repercussion

AND I WILL NEVER ABANDON IT

Arcbound Ravager? In EDH?

anyone tried scorpion god + wither shenanigans? worth building or is it a garbage fire?

Attached: necroshitter.jpg (223x310, 16K)

more like YOLO amirite?

It looks like you've already won because he now has a 5 card hand and you're going to be ramping hard

Build hapatra instead desu.

was there any news i missed? everyone seems to be talking like the sky is falling in regard to the future of the format

edh is fine, standard is dead and modern is shit

You end up drawing a ton of cards if you get going, but your commander is too much of a mana hog. Unless you're running stuff like urborg+coffers you wont ever use his ability. I wish he placed 2 or 3 counters instead, how could they male the 3 bug bros so different in power level?

EDH is fine as long as the RC never changes a single thing again. Sheldon is the biggest faggot in all of Magic and needs to keep his retardations to himself.

>being this much of a meme

Would you rather wizards had control of the banlist? That would be retarded cancer.

And yet the MODO banlist is wonderful.

I just built a Sek'Kuar deck revolving around creatures that return to the battlefield and sacrificing; it's pretty doodoo right now.
I might swap the commander for Kresh, who is one of the 99.

>its sad that his tribe isnt very synergisticly good
i think wotc has it in their heads that scarecrows are mostly going to be jank creatures. look at pili-pala: while it does go infinite with grand architect, it is otherwise probably the single worst mana ability in the game. with scarecrows, you barely have to start worrying about synergizing because you are already worrying about how to even use the cards. worrying about not sac'ing lurebound scarecrow, about being able to cast spells with geist-fueled scarecrow out, about being able to pay the 6 mana to fog creatures with flying. though, that being said, i would like to see the scarecrow/anti-flying theme expanded.

>tfw I'm about to open a box of m25

I just want a phyrexian obliterator

>What is the worst deck you've built and how quickly did you abandon it?

Atraxa superfriends

Built it and playtested it against a friend, it was so boring, my turn took like 20 minutes, like holy shit

It would have been cheaper to just buy that card instead of playing the lottery game like a moron.

do you have a ebay account to sell them on?

Well scorpion god is canonically dead.

Nah, he got better

>Would you rather wizards had control of the banlist?

Unironically yes. Sheldy's "official" ban list is basically just houserules without being comprehensive or following any real guidelines.

Attached: image.jpg (1032x774, 173K)

>What is the worst deck you've built and how quickly did you abandon it?

Marrow-Gnawer with every rat ever printed as of SOI (no Nezumi) and a plague/disease theme. Shelved it after three or four weeks.

It turns out that playing spells that largely have no impact and your only wincon being an infinite combo that people can see coming from a mile away, does not make for good EDH gameplay.

Attached: rat-alone.jpg (552x512, 31K)

This would go pretty good with Yasova because she targets even if you don't pay

Attached: dismissintodream.hq.jpg (480x680, 406K)

>Would you rather wizards had control of the banlist?

>Nephilim become legendary
>Tamanoa becomes legendary
>A coherent banlist instead of whatever Sheldon lost to in his home games

Yes fucking please

You don't want to show us a cool card, you want to argue with people who don't know how Yasova's effect works.

how's this for budget mana?

Attached: grixis.png (263x529, 17K)

Unironically yes? We might have something that's fun to play then instead of autistic singleton vintage.

Attached: whats_wrong_with_being_a_bitch.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

>this argument again

Attached: 68716816306317.jpg (419x344, 36K)

pls stop

Crypt of the Eternals is pretty bad. Also not sure of tainted isle/peak with so few swamps. You could use the Odyssey filter lands or the SOI check-from-hand-lands. I also like the ravnica bouncelands, even if they do come in tapped.

Ditch the panoramas and just use Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse. You probably don't want Crystal Vein either. Lands that produce colorless without any real utility in a 3-color deck are almost never worth running.

ill probably sell them as bulk to the lgs or something, there are thousands and thousands, mostly rare and stuff ive hoarded for edh I wont have the time or energy to sell them 1 at a time, maybe if I sold them by the deck then the singles as bulk, most decks without duals are $500+

probably important to add i'm mostly running artifacts.

use vivid lands, yeah they come In tapped but for 2 turns they produce any mana then on color from then on and by then you usually have enough of each, I always use them in 3+ colors and ive never had an issue
but my meta isnt cedh turn 4 combo wins

>thread question
99 swamp Korlash
technically i still have it.

I'm gonna second bouncelands. They work best with other lands that come into play untapped and can be a bit tricky, but eeking out three landdrops out of a two-land opener feels great

who’s a good rakdos commander to just shove every mana flare effect into.
i’m thinking scorpion god, but tsabo and grenzo are interesting choices.

Vial-Smasher is probaby the 'best' choice

Speaking of Rakdos, what does Rakdos do best in EDH? Or any shard that includes the Rakdos colors like Grixis, Jund and Mardu?

BR is generally good for going hellbent, preferably making everyone around you as well. UBR can be any number of things, it is very flexible-you can play control, reanimation, discard, zombies, wheels, artifacts, etc. BRG is generally about reanimation and fatties. WBR is about half as flexible as UBR and can be built any number of ways.

>what does Rakdos do best in EDH?
Shooting itself in the foot

Rakdos dashes out hurt. A third color influences in what way you dash out hurt

>what does Rakdos do best in EDH?

Ruin everyone's fun, and try to edge out a victory from that being the plan all along; generally resulting in The best Rakdos shard is Grixis, because blue.

Unironically true

Speaking of grixis, is meekstone worth it in jeleva/nekusar?

>Meekstone in Grixis

You have blue at your disposal, there are plenty of other defensive options. Although you'd be better off playing proactive cards, not defensive ones. Hell, something as banal as a Mulldrifter is better than a Meekstone.

Attached: 80.jpg (312x445, 70K)

sell them to me homo.

this is an easy mistake to make. to think that wotc making the banlist better and giving the format an "official feel" is a good thing. let me tell you, it's not.

first of all, if wotc made the format legit-legit with a banlist that was designed for competitive play, you would see a massive influx of players to the format from dead formats like modern, standard and legacy because commander now has competitive appeal. this would cause commander to permanently shift from a "let's intentionally gimp our decks so everyone can play goofy shit" to something more like "let's try our best to win!!!" which means that about half the fun of EDH, goofy decks, is gone already. i consider edh's shitty casual banlist one of it's greatest strengths. it wards off players who think all formats should be competitive.

secondly, the prices for EDH staples and fun-cards would utterly soar to the sky with a massive influx of players. they're already pretty high up, so imagine what they would be.

you'd actually get something closer to autistic singleton vintage with wotc controlling the banlist. maybe more like legacy.

that said i could be 100% wrong about everything i said since this is just speculation but heck i'll trust sheldon over wotc to not fuck this format up. sheldon has done a great job at not fucking up whereas wotc has fucked up everything in the last 2-3 years or so.

>product already has yearly releases with format designed commanders that consist of most of the top tier commanders in the game
>thinking the ban list would be the tipping point for prime competitive autism

Wizards taking control of the banlist would make the format less competitive, if anything. Given that Maro has said that if wizards were in charge they'd make jank like the nephilim EDH playable

Can I get some thoughts/input on my Temur deck?
First time building this color combination
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temur-brew-ver10/

SPICY

Attached: file.png (672x936, 1.33M)

Remove the counter magic, they are duds when you cascade into them and this doesn't look like a control deck. Replace them with card draw.

Attached: 204.jpg (312x445, 69K)

I also run propaganda, but I have a couple big mana decks in my meta and paying 2 per creature to hit nekusar's ugly lich face is nothing
Meekstone is just another layer of protection that gives me time

If you intend to build around Maelstrom Wanderer, then you shouldn't use normal counterspells as much. They'll be dead cascades. If you want to run counterspells in Maelstrom Wanderer, you should run Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command instead, although they're pretty expensive so maybe just don't run any counterspells at all.

You'll also want around 16-18 ramp cards for Maelstrom Wanderer so that you can consistently pump that Maelstrom Wanderer out in a reasonable timeframe.

You should also up your land count from 33 to 37-39.

I would also either commit to infect properly or not run it at all. Doing half your combat damage in normal damage and half in infect is really bad.

This deck doesn't really look like a Maelstrom deck in general anyway. Usually with Maelstrom you want to ramp up quickly then cheat out 5-7 cmc spells with cascade.

So, if china censors art of skeletons and undead, do they change the creature type? If they change the 'skeleton'-type to something else, is the wording of Death baron changed to buff something else? Is there anyone who reads moonrunes and can attest to the fact?

Attached: Reassembling Skeleton_MM2.jpg (488x680, 125K)

Attached: 1516396414983.png (181x201, 67K)

Attached: Skeleton.jpg (312x445, 52K)

>word around the campfire
>I'm not going to give my source
100% it's just discussion bait. Not even a good one. Everyone else just had a confused "but y tho" look on their face when he brought it up, and basically called it a retarded idea when discussing it. Also looking through the comments, almost nobody was at all in support of removing commander damage.

techinasia.com/china-doesnt-censor-skeletons-the-truth-about-game-censorship-in-the-middle-kingdom

companies censor themselves to have a better chance of having their games released, skeletons are not "banned" but someone reviewing it could on a whim say its superstitious and the company would have to change it

Thank you guys, for your opinions.

This deck isn't built around Maelstrom, but uses him as utility.

Cascading into Counterspells can be a pain, but Since the deck is not cascade focused but uses it as acceleration/ramp I can live with a fizzled counterspell a game.
I need the counterspells to deal with threats before they etb and dangerous creatures because I coulsn't think of any good creature removal in those colors.
Suggestions for good creature removal are greatly appreciated.
(Mystic Confluence/Cryptic Command are out of my price range currently and this is also supposed to be a budget deck)

Why should I play so many ramp cards/ more lands?
My curve is pretty low, this is supposed to be an aggro/rush deck after all, please elaborate.

I run every decent infect card I could find through gatherer, if there is more that I missed please tell me.

This doesn't look like a Wanderer deck, because it's not. My gameplay is to play lots of weenies, beat face for value (card draw) and then play my big beaters and give them infect/unblockable for the win (rite of replication + phyrexian hydra, Triumph of the Hordes + board full of weenies, etc.)

Yeah, I realize that they're not really banned, but there are some skeletons that were modified for chinese audience and my question mostly focuses on them and Death baron.
I'm just interested if the creature types were changed for those that the art was modified, or are they still skeletons or whatever they originally were?

Hope of Ghirapur voltron
a silly colorless deck that tried to suit Hope up with a bunch of equipment, with all the colorless equipment synergies.
It was a fun deck but woefully under powered.
Some times I managed to suit it up with a bunch of equipment and swing in but most of the time it struggled to do anything.

Help me Brothers, I need opinions.
OPINIONS ON FAERIES
out of bitterblossom whats better?
The regular one as a foil or the judge promo?
Same question about vendillion clique

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Rebecca Guay all duay

>Hope of Giraphur
Smh.
I already laughed at this card back when it was spoiled and people here were hyping it up

Judge Foil.

>The regular one as a foil or the judge promo?
As a person with both, I think the judge promo looks better in foil.

Guay's is really nice too though, but the Hamm version's colors look better in foil imo.

Bitterblossom is one of the few judge foils that I think looks like absolute garbage.

>Same question about vendillion clique
oh also Clique judge foil no question.

Rebecca Guay is a sometimes food, user. She's one of the best artists to ever grace MtG but I wouldn't want her art on every card. I'd grow sick of her from overexposure and I don't want that.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enter-the-zone-roon-edh/?cat=&sort=cost
I need to do 3-5 cuts for Strionic Resonator, GWU Tamiyo, Cultivate, Akroma's Vengeance and/or Coastal Breach. Any suggestions what's trash and should go?

Attached: cma-190-roon-of-the-hidden-realm.jpg (672x936, 287K)

Out of curiousity, why? Both are essentially taplands but EW only untaps for one colour. Sure it thins your deck but how important is that in a 99 card list?

>This doesn't look like a Wanderer deck, because it's not. My gameplay is to play lots of weenies, beat face for value (card draw) and then play my big beaters and give them infect/unblockable for the win (rite of replication + phyrexian hydra, Triumph of the Hordes + board full of weenies, etc.)

Then you should probably be playing Riku instead.

Quick, gimme your 3 favorite big red creature bombs!

Hm, that's not a bad idea.
I'll give him a try, I like that Wanderer gives me haste across the board but Riku looks pretty neat too.
Sometimes I swap Wanderer with Surrak from the 99.

Evolving Wilds is a one mana investment to fix your colors. You play it and you can immediately get a land to use on your next turn.
The panoramas require you to pay (1), so you're investing two mana. They don't do anything on their own outside of tapping for colorless mana when you'd rather have colored mana in almost all cases.

Angel of Condemnation, it's slow.
Call for Unity, it's just not a good card.
White Gearhulk, Akroma's Vengeance is better.
Emeria Shepard, seven mana plus a land drop is a lot to ask for an average effect.

Inferno Titan
Conquering Manticore
Bogardan Hellkite

Bonus: Thundermaw Hellkite

Alright, scorpion god
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-03-18-scorpion-god/?cb=1521291853

Attached: 1446909969094.jpg (500x375, 31K)

Scarred Puma
Scarred Puma
Scarred Puma

Magmatic force
Scourge of the Throne
Myojin of Inifinite Rage

bonus: red akroma

Bearer of the Heavens
...boulderfall with wings

Furystoke giant
Inferno titan
Rapacious one
Honorable mention goes to Kiki-Jiki

>thread q
Lord of Tresserhorn, the aim of the deck was to befriend one player and try to turn the game into 2hg. Worked exactly once per group.

The key with this sort of deck is you have to be faithful and assume that they will be as well, but always have a cyclonic rift just in case they betray you

I played it about ten times before turning it into Marchesa