/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

Justice will be done
>Unearthed Arcana: Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine!
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA_preview_duergar.pdf

>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Have you ever stolen a character from other media? Did you get away with it?

Attached: 1512619371512.png (412x753, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gmbinder.com/share/-L7mFcvj8Cy3NElGZ914
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That armor (particularly the helm) looks futuristic
Is this another fucking 40k bait

>have you ever stolen a character from other media?
I introduced my players to a chronomancer named Flay'vah'flayve.

>did you get away with it?
They noticed, so technically no? But they loved it, so sort of yes?

We all hate pathfinderfag and his anime shitposting, but to be honest the paranoia in this post is a bit much.

Attached: 1418460495893.gif (500x400, 1.01M)

Looks more magitec to me.

This is the same questions from two threads ago dude.

I'm ignorant, what character does it represent?

This was just a reference to when he'd be posting a link to WFB in the OP instead of a link to the trove or something

Flavor Flav is the dude from Public Enemy who always wears massive clocks.

Attached: flava flav.jpg (534x401, 34K)

Gross.

If you had a familiar based subclass (Wizard: Familiar Keeper for example), what ways would you improve upon Find Familiar?

>be Chris Perkins
>run Curse of Strahd
>handhold players through the entire campaign, letting NPCs do all the work and guide the PCs through every obstacle
>never give PCs a challenge, deus ex machina whenever they are even mildly in danger
>final battle comes
>give PCs unique McGuffin that will instantly seal away the BBEG
>ignore BBEGs legendary resistance, he fails his saving throw and is defeated without a fight
>the end lol thanks for watching buy my module

I'm still mad.

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_toddkenreck_files_2017_05_chrisperkins10-1200x675[1].jpg (1280x868, 91K)

That's your fault for watching a stream. Like, what the fuck did you expect? Why didn't you just play a game instead?

The biggest crime of DCA was the fact that, despite being an official WotC thing, they couldn't spring for basic high-quality mics for their players. It's not fucking hard, I guest-star on a podcast with much higher audio quality and our mics are second-hand articles that sell for $100 online new.

It's called Warlock: Pact of The Chain.

But in all seriousness, make them an Abjuration or Transmutation Wizard that buffs the familiar to hell.

I'm a very indecisive girl. I'm making a character in a Hoard of the Dragon Queer game where the DM lets us pick a free feat on level 1. She's a half-elf sorcerer with draconic bloodline but she doesn't like to fight, so I only want to have her use damage spells that are related to her dragon ancestry's damage type. All other spells are pacifist.

What level 1 statistics spread + feat is a better future investment?

a) 8/17/16/8/8/17 with the Resilient (Dexterity) feat - then I can pick +1 Dexterity / +1 Charisma as an ability score increase on level 4 to get 18 in both

or

b) 8/16/16/8/10/16 with the Magic Initiate feat to significantly increase the number of spells I have available on the first level
I think to go with the pacifist theme of my character, I should pick Cleric for the Magic Initiate feat and take Guidance+2 cantrips and Shield of Faith but my boyfriend says it would be better if I take Eldritch Blast and Hex or Hellish Rebuke from the Warlock spell list

What do you goys think I should choose?

Also, if I were to pick Druid instead of Cleric, I could still get Guidance but Shillelagh would still be using my very low Wisdom score, right?

Playing pacifist in d&d is really dumb and bad and you only hurt your allies. If you want to go pacifist babby at least pick a cleric and just spend every turn buffing your team and healing. Don’t pick the damage sorcerer if you’re not going to be dealing damage, especially. That’s just stupid.

well, if you want that kind of soccer, you should definitely choose me as your boyfriend pls be in London

I played Tezzeret in a 3.5 game, but noone played magic so they didn't get it.

Half elf, with everybodys friend at level 1 for the +1 cha and expertise in persuasion and deception if your DM will let you use that UA feat, makes her real good with words which fits with the not liking to fight thing. Otherwise option 2 for more spells because that is sorcs biggest weakness.

>Hoard of the Dragon Queer
Kek'd. Great joke my lady.

Can't remember ever single thread question, especially when I didn't make them.

Attached: 1518227897527.jpg (447x604, 56K)

>if your DM will let use that UA
>implying DMs can say no to womynz

Reposting for the warlord wanting user from last thread.

#
Battle Master: has various manuevers powered by superiority dice, you can do some Warlordy things by taking the manuevers that grant allies smol bursts of move, the one that grants allies temp hp, or the one that grants an allie an attack with bonus damage. Located in the PHB, Fighter subclass.

Purple Dragon Kinght/Banneret: located in the sword coast adventures guide. Fighter archetpe. Lets an ally recover HP for the same amount you do with second wind. Lets you share your action surge. Some Warlord flavor but a bit under performing.

Upcoming Release: Mike Mearls, after extrnsive clamoring for a satisfying Warlord, has done two sessions of his twitch show on the dnd twitch about designing stuff to take a crack at a Warlord Fighter subclass. The show is called Mike Mearls Happy Fun Time Hour and sonfar he’s laid out conceptually how he wants to design it and codified how he wants it’s abilities tonscale and what kind of abilities it will have. Now next time, this tursday, he’s putting it all together and it and the other subclasses he is designing on the show will be presented in playtest form in an upcoming unearthed arcana.

I expected the fucking lead designer of CoS to not completely neuter and butcher his own module.

It's literally a copy of it word for word. But I was wrong that question was part of one of the threads pathfinderfag got deleted.

Tits or GTFO.
Also your character idea is supremely idiotic.

>Don’t pick the damage sorcerer if you’re not going to be dealing damage, especially.
But like I said, I would still make an exception for the damage spells whose damage is boosted by ancestry.

Is Fire a good pick?

Leave her alone, scallywags

This.

Wow Veeky Forums has white knights?

>spend the past hour trying to figure out how to make fun concepts that use Tempest Cleric's level 6 trait (ie. 10 ft knockback on lightning damage), preferably a build that actually functions while still in the single digit levels
>realize WotC simply doesn't give a shit or is intentionally trolling Tempest Cleric

So far I've got: Shocking Grasp through Find Familiar for ranged knockback (coupled with Sorcerer for Twinned ranged knockback
MC something to get Lightning Bolt for line knockback with guaranteed lightning damage (the fact Tempest doesn't even get this spell via domain is retarded)
Lightning Lure with Spike Growth; pull enemy forward through spikes until they're 5 feet from me, they take lightning damage, then get knocked back through more spikes (couple with Sorcerer for Quicken Spike Growth so I can do this combo in one turn)
The fact that Lore Wizard is the only option to change the element of spells to lightning infuriates me, because I absolutely despise this abomination

The other annoying thing is that out of Lightning Bolt, Lightning Lure, Thunderclap, Shocking Grasp, Chromatic Orb, etc, the one and only spell that can actually be cast with the Cleric's spellcasting mod is Lightning Lure (via Druid using Wis). Even then, Lightning Lure doesn't even do damage unless you pull the enemy within 5 feet of you, so it's completely redundant with the knockback

Poison is better

You have to go back.

That minmaxing is pretty heinous and pacifism is pretty lame, but a primarily supportive sorc sounds good.
That said go for elemental adept for your damage type.

Fuck off white knighting faggot.

>always arrive early to sessions to flirt with the DM before the game
>tfw now the main character in the plot with all the best magic items

Attached: 1510060362720.jpg (2000x2000, 190K)

Woops, didn't mean to put Thunderclap in there at the end. That being said, the fact that Thunder can't be used for the knockback either is cancer

>girl in the party
>intentionally make a chaotic retarded Rogue that steals from her when she isn't looking
I will have none of this thottery

I'm currently playing Michael Myers with the i and the y in each name switched around.
Last campaign I blatantly played Hisoka from HxH

Fuck off this is Veeky Forums we like to at least pretend we aren't fucking retarded
I bet you even like Shad too

Really? Shit I was just curious because I tend to steal characters from books and such.

>Have you ever stolen a character from other media? Did you get away with it?

I made the Green Lantern. It was kinda dumb and nobody got it even when I recited part of the oath against a demon.

If you don't have cleric, consider Divine Soul subclass from Xanathar's. Better access to support (= non-damaging) spells and some actual healing.
Reconsider pacifism.
Don't mention you are girl next time, unless it is relevant to the issue, pls.

People who PvP in cooperative games are the worst.

I prefer the term "inspired by", sir!

Since it was entirely unprompted tits or gtfo is the correct response

Attached: 1481040636498.jpg (600x722, 38K)

People who PvP before there's even other players around are even worse. Getting into a session early just to suck up to the DM and get more gear is pretty much passive-aggressive PvP
I will just counter your passive-aggressiveness in kind

>consider Divine Soul subclass from Xanathar's.
Not allowed, PHB only.
>Reconsider pacifism.
I will use Fire damage spells and take this feat for Fire damage on level 4. But no other damage spells. Good compromise?

>Now becoming the main character simply because you're a through and through hero
Man why go through the extra work?

>question was part of one of the threads pathfinderfag got deleted.
He didn't get anything deleted, they got deleted because an autistic sperglord made dublicate threads because the OP picture triggered him too hard.

I don't understand why Pathfinderfag or you faggots has such a massive issue with this. This is actual, clinical autism, and your retarded fight is a detriment to those of us just chilling in these treads.

Can I get some feedback on this? I feel I need to nerf it, but I don’t want to nerf it too much.

gmbinder.com/share/-L7mFcvj8Cy3NElGZ914

Is it stealing if you persuade people into giving you their stuff willingly with claims like "Oh I'll attach it to the prow of my ship so I'll always be reminded of you." or "I'll wear it at the ball to signify our love." but just sell it.

>she doesn't like to fight
Why the fuck are you hunting down Tiamat then

>could have given us all the information on build and request without multiple references to female
He's either top-tier baiting us or she's looking for attention.

I've made the warlock equivalent of the black knight where the warrior passes his power into someone else as he ages so that the "black knight" (havent thought of a name yet) never dies. It's pretty blatant but it makes things fun when entire cities have a reaction to your arrival. Especially when it's negative because the old "black knight" killed the current king's dad or some shit.

You say this but then his thread was pruned and the replacement stayed.

>tfw the Hobbit's Smaug was top-tier Red
If only he had six limbs.

I am a master at this.

Protip: make a girl character, make sure you are thin and lithe IRL, crossdress with makeup, and say you are getting into character. Get the help of a chick if you have to, they are often very helpful at getting you dressed up and pretty.

Guaranteed benefits from the GM.

Now, this is just a thought here, Hexblade, Pact of the Blade, passing down a powerful sentient weapon that serves as the pact weapon.

If you're going to change Sun Soul at all, start with the fact that their level 3 is the complete opposite of what Monks are doing. I know you addressed it in the blurb about the changes, but you didn't actually change the issue.

Sun Soul is literally just 'lol ranged Monk', and the only time you're not ranged is when you want to Stunning Strike something. It's a stupid concept poorly executed. The ranged option should be a choice with its own real benefits and downsides, not the ultimate choice at all times except when you want to stun something. In fact, all you did to their level 3 is give them more options rather than change the stupid one they already had.
As for the rest of the changes, pretty blatant Super Saiyan. I can't find any glaring issues, though.

If they weren't shit threads that were made as obvious bait then board rules would make it so his thread was the one the mods kept since he normally makes them early. Especially given how he goes into maximum shitposting mode when he makes them and then when it's abandon or removed does the same in the other.

4 thread were made. 1 by PFfag, who outright said he hoped his thread would get deleted, and 3 by the turboautist refusing to just use the existing threads.

I think the mods just got tired of the bullshit and let the last one stick.

>Hexblade, Pact of the Blade

Is this the ultimate most cancerously fun and great Warlock subclass? I love them so much,
they're the best Warlocks possible, they make the C tier warlock into a B- tier gameplay wise and the Hexblade patronage is the least "grimdark muh edge demons and cthulus who chose me because I'm special" backstory,
since you can just say that the Hexblade powers come from a seemingly mundane but actually magical item, like Sauron's ring

>I'm a grill btw don't hit on me silly boys (;
Fucking kill yourself.

Well I buff nerfed it and let them apply blinding at range at 6.

But yeah the core issue is ranger monk. Even nerfing it to Wis it’s not a big nerf. Limiting it to one shot a turn is taking a crap on the whole thing. I could make make sun shots cost ki but then that’s also crapping on the class. And if I make them able to apply open hand stuff at range then I’m just pooping on open hand.

I dunno. It’s really fucking hard to fix an idea this poorly implemented without just starting from scratch. And I have no idea how to make this anything but a cheesy DBZ ripoff.

Oh you're talking about the most recent set, good to know you haven't been paying any attention how this is an ongoing issue and pathfag can suck a dick with (you) sometime. Majority of 5eg wants him to fuck off and mods have been backing it for a while.

This. When do you read "I'm a very indecisive boy."? It's irrelevant, 9/10 it's attention whoring.

Attached: 1505152142477.jpg (1024x210, 52K)

>who outright said he hoped his thread would get deleted

I would like proof of that because he was gloating in both the old and his new thread that they were being deleted and that his would stay.

I am making a Hexblade. How bad it is to go Tome? I was hoping to still sorta use a weapon, but I am not sure how mandatory Blade Pact is.

I really like Tome.

You might as well put the trip back on, pathfinderfag. You are literally the only person here who's willing to defend you.

>I'm making a Hexblade
Die

> Be tempest cleric
> Get heavy armor proficiency
> Be encased in metal in the middle of a thunderstorm

> Be nature cleric
> Get heavy armor proficiency
> Encase myself in metal, cutting myself off from nature

Why did WoTC give these domains anti-thematic proficiencies?

I have been following, it is why we have had 2 separate threads in so many days.

The most recent one was just the worst one. PFfag is no worse than the retards making dublicate threads.

I'm in the mood to make an Oath of Vengeance Paladin. Best race for this? Thinking either Dragonborn or Half Elf.
Variant human would probably be ok too i guess.

Someone said "all these multiple threads risk 5eg being banned entirely", and he responded with "one can hope".

Thread is deleted, proof is gone.

>Ehurr durr Hexblade cancer

Anyone wanna help out with semi-goblin stats? I want a clear difference between combative mutts and civilized engineering runts.

Should I just refluff gnomes into them?

> Be encased in metal in the middle of a thunderstorm
That is fucking metal,dude.

> Encase myself in metal, cutting myself off from nature
This one bothers me greatly, though.

Hexblade is one of those patrons that can be either really good or really, really dumb. Mine, for example, had a family sword that was fused to their soul while travelling through dimensions.

>what are special non-metal materials
Even if you make them work for it so it's not just a refluff for cheap reasons, there are options. If you still feel like making them work for a refluff is too good, then you can always have the not-metal armor be broken by critical hits or something like that.

>implying /5eg/ can be banned
let's be honest, no matter how hard he tries, he won't succeed.
Pretty sure the only thread to be ever banned that I know of is /kspg/ from Veeky Forums
and boy, even his shitposting is not even 1% of what was happening in HULLOthreads

Attached: 1432562763384.png (520x346, 704K)

You click wrong digits dude.

Yeah I saw him say that which is why I doubt he was hoping his thread was the one to be deleted

So, I’m having fun running some Urban Arcana characters through a modified Curse of Strahd. In that the mists of Barovia have consumed their city and parts of Barovia are dropping into and around the city.

I’m down to 3 out of my 5 usual players tonight and previously the killed one of the daughter hags at the bone grinder. The surving mother and sister have been keeping tabs on the party and sold out thst they had the sunsword to Baba Lysaga, who entrapped the party to sit for tea and negotiate reparations for their (to the hags) unprovoked murder and the destruction of the windmill. While Baba & the hags could have together destroyed the party, they sought to prolong their suffering instead. Eventually, rather than give up the blade, the party agreed to terms to retrieve for her a sar...sar...ancient coffin seal thing from the Amber temple.

After the party arrives at the temple, down their half elf ranger detective and undertaker divine soul revanant, only the tiefling grifter mystic having a crisis of faith, tech exec normie human rogue turned AT after learning magic is real and likening it to coding, and the wildmage Private Eye are scoping out the place. And waltz right in. Immediately taking a fire ball from the Arcanoth in hiding that almost wiped the party. Through a combination of counterspell and novaing of resources (including collapsing the statue on it) they survived the fight and killed the foxy fiend meant for a party of lvl 12 to their 7. Then they had a pitched and failing run and gun fight with the three flameskulls attracted by the fight. Barely surviving, but making lore checks to know these things reform in an hour they gather their remains and throw them off the cliff. Going for a long rest in the PI’s car...only to awaken to the car being besieged w/ fireballs by the returned flameskulls in the morning. This was the whole session, RP tinted fighting & tense but comical farce. Hope the rest of the temple is as fun.

Variant human if you want feats (e.g. polearm), half-elf otherwise.

The problem with dragonborn is that breath weapon scales badly

>being the Hexblade cancer
shiggy

Well the question between Dragonborn and Half elf was just "what's more important to me: Cha or Str".

Why do people consider Hexblade to be cancer anyway?
We have a Hexblade in our group and I don't see any problems.

Tome + Hexblade is pointless, since you don't need to be a Hexblade to get Charisma based weaponry (tome has shillelagh).

Hexblade should always be Pact of the Blade, because it gives you the best boost invocations.

pics or it didnt happen

If I wanted a high-STR paladin I'd go mountain dwarf or half-orc.

For multiclassing?
Best dip in the entire game.

For single classing?
Best Warlock for absolutely every reason you could possibly want to play Warlock, overshadows every other patron, most of the mechanics revolve around either A. circumventing Warlock's inherent downsides (less casting options), or B. abusing things like breaking action economy by having a free summon at all times that scales (as you're just stealing the enemies you're fighting, meaning enemies you're made for your level, and buffing them further).
Being Charisma casters, they're already able to participate in every single aspect of a campaign better than most others - but being a Hexblade, they can even fill a melee role better than most melees, especially since they have access to SCAG cantrips, without even necessarily building for it.

Yeah but neither of those also gives a benefit to Cha for spell casting.

Tome Hexblade works fine simply because you're a Hexblade. Hexblade gives you a retarded amount of free shit on top of the passive Shillelagh for any weapon type (albeit Tome couldn't have GWM weapons). As it is, Hexblade already makes the best DPS Warlock even if you're not looking to use melee at all (you just happen to have access to it due to SCAG cantrips). Tome just gives you more casting options.

>Tome Hexblade works fine simply because you're a Hexblade.
The point is that Hexblade is not gonna be using the main advantage of Tome Hexblade (Shillelagh).

If you don't like to fight, I'd advise against such a laser focus on combat stats. Get some Insight in there. You could use Prodigy to make up for it, but I would recommend Inspiring Leader or Healer feat so your party can at least rely on you doing something useful.

>Get some Insight in there.
I was already going to get that as part of my background.

I'd rather have the Con on a melee-focused pally.

Alternatively, play a lightfoot halfling finesse weapon user, although that still has some anti-synergistic racial abilities

The main advantage of Hexblade is that it gives you more than every benefits than every other patron combined. Even if you took the Shillelagh of Hexblade out of the picture, you still have far more benefits than every other Patron. Tome can still grab other cantrips just for the sake of flexibility and still work fine with Hexblade.

Bls resbond