How does the Kingdom of Mermaids have metallurgy and writing when it's underwater...

How does the Kingdom of Mermaids have metallurgy and writing when it's underwater? Underwater vents hot enough to melt metal would melt skin first.

Attached: Mermaid-1080p-disneyscreencaps.com-3884.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PAeKg9rm
youtube.com/watch?v=UDhCgAoggX8
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/alientech.php#aquatictechnology
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Magic

pastebin.com/PAeKg9rm
>Underwater civilization without fire nor magic

One of Ariel's very first scenes has her above the waterline. The entire plot hinges on her being able to go above the waterline. Her doing so is not unique or special.
They can set a forge up on a rock above the water. They can write by chiseling in stone or creating murals using coral and stone. They can develop materials like ceramics that don't rust and use those.

>King Triton
>Literally the son of Poseidon
>Implying that spear wasn't forged on Mt. Olympus by Haphaestus

You need to shake up your act a bit

Attached: fish gotta swim, OP gotta repost.jpg (906x1607, 410K)

They might also have caves below the water line that either haven't been flooded or have been flushed out and sealed artificially with a shallow canal through it that let's them easily travel

Trade or theft from surface fishermen in exchange for hot mermaid pussy.

Come on, I'm not the only one thinking it.

Attached: IMG_2508.jpg (640x480, 66K)

youtube.com/watch?v=UDhCgAoggX8

kek

My god, this is beautiful.

Attached: animoot clap king.gif (267x150, 416K)

So magic. Because there is no way such a creature evolves without extensive genetic engineering or magical breeding.

They didn't develop it, they trade their metal weapons and decorations from land dwellers in exchange for rare undersea items like large pearls or they get it by scouring sunken wrecks. The trident was given to Poseidon by the Cyclops. Most mermaids make use of bone weaponry and don't bother with clothes for the most part. Writing is done via carving on tablets. Since they're underwater it's less cumbersome to carry multiple heavy tablets.

Attached: SharkMermaidImSoSickOfThisShit.jpg (324x499, 29K)

Neither is hard, their tridents are likely beaten copper while the majority of their writing would have to be on stone or clay tablets. Or it could be magic, since they do seem to use that often.

They use magic or something else because Ariel's song clearly states she doesn't know what is a fire and why does it burn.

Now this is some autism.

Attached: 1227176721181.gif (180x180, 18K)

Half the time they are perfectly capable of surviving above water. So they get their shit out of water and take it under when they need.

Or they cause shipwrecks so they can rob it for all their needs.

>half fish
>half mammal
>somehow works out and is not a horrible mutant monstrosity of the depths
>want to know how they have stuff and now how they breathe

you might have a problem user

>How does the Kingdom of Humans have metallurgy. Fires hot enough to melt metal would melt skin first.

Merfolk civilizations occupy both underwater and abovewater parts of coastal regions

What was Triton's tax policy?

3 shiny stones and 15 Lengths of coral ("Length" is actually a very specific measurement related to the size of his trident) per year to the royal treasury. Some call it harsh, but it's applied equally to everyone, including himself.

D&D 3.5 Sorcerers had the option of sacrificing the use of Burning hands for fire fists that granted them immunity to lava at level 1.

how fishmen do metal
no fire

Attached: image.jpg.png.exe.qrt.bat.wad.fmv.mov.mp3.webm.tif.gif.bif.nif.sif.thiq.cat.png (575x424, 12K)

The one on December was pretty good since it devolved into shitposting about dominions.

>Hinnom EA still best bois.

that's not MA Ulm

We had a thing in the last Planeforger threads where the local hermit-crab people could use thermomancy. They basically ended up as Gauls from Asterix, only with the magical power of forged as opposed to strength potions. This was pretty big in a place where bone, stone, shell, and spell were your major options in terms of gear.

I really need to get to work compiling that plane into a google doc.

Attached: 1518069137058.png (553x434, 144K)

>I've never heard of Cetaceans

They don't have skin, they have scales.

Whales are not half fish

>Tfw you use more giant-eyes giant's mod and make Hinnom even stronker.

We are messing with forces we barely control, but damn is it fun!

>I don't understand why someone would mention real, functional AQUATIC MAMMALS
>Especially when I talk about how AQUATIC MAMMALS can not exist

Do mermaids rule over Atlantis, or is Atlantis kinda like the Disney movie?

I don't care

Attached: queen_ariel_by_odinforce23-d6hmsh4.jpg (702x1139, 146K)

You niggas should read this.

projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/alientech.php#aquatictechnology

What was his tax policy?

Well add another to the list I guess.