MTG Modern Magic General

Previous Thread: "Sleeve Discussion" Edition

Dominaria release notes: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-leak-2018-03-08

>Playing
>Hating
>Brewing

>Thread question
What are your favorite sideboard cards, and do you have any sideboard tech you'd consider "spicy?"

RESOURCES:
>metagame
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>Search Engines
scryfall.com/
magiccards.info/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx
>Budget Decks
pastebin.com/Q9D59Wry

Attached: Improving the (sleeved) waifu in previous thread in MSPaint.png (1802x1352, 4.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bloom-pinnacle/
magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/banned-restricted
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope the sleeve guy doesn't feel bad for us memeing his sleeves.

As far as Dominaria, how low are your expectations for the rest of the cards? I have a feeling we have only seen half of the good Standard and Eternal cards at most from this """accidental""" leak.

Attached: 1519751727101.jpg (222x311, 29K)

I think all the cards just going to be awful except for the few leaked blue ones. Why would they leak such bad cards if they had better ones to generate hype?

>Thread Q
I have zero expectations. Ever since ORI, I've gone through turbulent emotional changes: hopeful optimism to pure anger and everything in between. I now know the only course that saves me from the ride emotional ride that wotc can put you through is one of apathy and indifference. I play the game with the cards I want and the people I want, and try my very best to ignore wotc as much as possible.

I'm pretty sure he can take it. He plays Narset after all. This commander gets lots of both deserved and undeserved hate.

>Rance sleeves
I would fucking high five you, my man.

So you can learn the story of our people:

>looks like cavern of souls is declining in price
>i'll wait until they hit $35 to snap up a playset to finish my merfolk deck
>they're $90 now
なぜ

Attached: 10c.jpg (600x400, 32K)

Where can I get some Rance sleeves but with best girl instead?

Attached: 1457664580725.jpg (2480x3507, 611K)

>Playing
BW Tokens
>Hating
Tron
>Brewing
Trying to see if Myth Realized or Bloodstained Paladin has potential.

>Favorite sideboard cards
Blessed Alliance and Celestial Purge.

Attached: 1521253949274.jpg (1803x1352, 746K)

>Playing
Mono Black Vehicles
>Hating
Bushwhacker Zoo, Hollow One
>Brewing
None so far, I just got into Modern and the Bloodghasts were actually pretty expensive for me; just got a set to complete my deck
>Spicy tech
Sadistic Sacrament. It's really not that spicy but it hits so many combo decks. There's also Infinite Obliteration and Lost Legacy, but I usually just cycle between the 3 depending on what the meta is.

Attached: Pain-Seer.jpg (298x431, 49K)

>Playing
Green Tron
>Hating
Goblins, Bushwhacker Zoo and the like.
>Brewing
R/G Ponza. I want everyone in my meta to feel the same pain I felt when they blew up my lands.
>Thread Q
I wouldn't exactly call it spicy but pic related does so much work, it's great.

Attached: sok-158-pithing-needle.jpg (672x936, 261K)

>Playing
Affinity

>Hating
Jeskai control. They've just got so much removal that they can overwhelm a lot of my hands.

>Brewing
Something something Arbor Elf something something Utopia Sprawl something something Tooth and Nail

>What are your favorite sideboard cards, and do you have any sideboard tech you'd consider "spicy?"
Shrapnel Blast. Randomly winning games where the opp stabilizes at 9 life because I drew a Gal Blast and a Shrapnel Blast feels so good.

>Playing
Storm as usual
>Hating
Anything that runs fucking Thoughtseize
>Brewing
someone bls tell me how to make my shitty helix pinnacle deck faster tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bloom-pinnacle/

Attached: nJLhLPS.png (375x523, 323K)

Reminder that Bogle, Ad Nauseam, Storm and Lantern Control are solitaire, no fun allowed decks and you're an asshole if you're playing any one of those.

>inb4 they're fun to play

_______ _______________ ____ ___you're goddamn right they are and I hate you for it_______________ _____________ _________

Sorry but the best Rance girl is your daughteru Kouhime

Haha, no it's all good. I'm glad I've finally made something of myself.

I had to import them. It is kind of expensive since you need to use a proxy buyer or a reshipper to do it. Sometimes you can find them on ebay if you don't want to go that route. They do have Shizuka sleeves. You can find them by searching for "キャラクタースリーブコレクション ランス・クエスト". I considered picking them up but I didn't like her m'lady pose.

Shizuka sleeves

Attached: 513KyVpR0aL.jpg (500x500, 42K)

>playing
Chaliceless eldrazi tron

>brewing
Jeskai control

>hating
Thoughtseize, blood moon and ensnaring bridge

Attached: 876BAFE7-9E99-4AC8-B89E-4219F5BEE866.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

Fixed

Attached: 251C4A18-67D3-40D5-B0BF-D9EC8AC4E4EA.png (750x1334, 1.64M)

What would the best deck be if the minimum card limit went back to 40?

Impossible to say really because that would help alot of decks from combo to aggro etc

Chalice won't get as low as the current price until it gets a reprint again, and that will take years.

If you have the money you should order x4 NOW.

Mill ;)

He plays E-Tron without the best card
I mean, if you don't want to win...

I play a 2/2 split with chalice and either dismember, ratcher bomb or warping wail

I had chalices but i sold them when the getting was good and honestly the deck performs fine without them though i will not deny they are very good vs certain matchups there are cons to main board 4.

I find 2 is perfect for the deck.

Did you just assume my gender?!

Whats your DCI number? This is unacceptable

>chaliceless etron

as a storm player I thank you for your sacrifice

>SJW doesn't know how to deckbuild properly
Color me surprised

Lantern is extremely interactive wtf are you talking about

It's horrendous to play against but you can't call it a solitaire deck by any stretch of the imagination

>deckbuilding is copying the lists others have made
Color me surprised

>Assuming like a retard
You're as good at this as you are with deck building I see

Just because it's """"""""Interactive"""""""" doesn't mean it's not solitaire. Also:
>He decides what I draw
>He discard any threat in my opener
>Game 2 is even worse because sideboard
Geez... some nice """"""""interactions"""""""" here.

As much as I like to bash on netdecking, it's actually a very good way to start with a new/unfamiliar archetype. Then you make changes according to your preferences as you play more and more games.

I mean, you do want to optimize your deck. There aren't a million ways to do so and netdecking is part of that process. Off course if all you do is copy/pase top decks and expect to win without any knowledge on said deck's match-ups or the metagame, then you deserve all the game losses you're gonna get, but even that can be a starting process.

I'm pretty sure budget reason is playing a role in wether or not you run the Chalice, but I'm pretty sure Metagame and playstyle are both equally part of the reasons why you don't run them.

>being this retarded while calling other retarded.
Funny how you assumed im an sjw from a joke. whatacuk!

>Merely pretending
Well? What's the next part of your masterplan?

SeeI had them but sold when they reached a peak. I just didnt feel i needed them as badly in this G-tron heavy meta im seeing. I will get them again but like i said i played the deck with 4 and i feel that 2 would be best alongside 2 ratchet bombs, dismember or warping wails.

And before ppl start saying shit i would recomend trying it first as i have because it is a more all around better choice especially if you face Gxtron often which chalice just doesnt cut it for me

Not to mention countering your own maps and collars is sometimes not the best and in fact i have lost games bc of that as well as have seen ithers lose bc of it as well.

The next part of my plan is to call you a cuck and mean it whole heartedly.

Well, you got me

I got a foil blood moon from the MM25 draft, do I keep or sell. Currently have nothing that runs it.

Maybe depends on your meta, but mine is full of Jund, Tron, Affinity, Burn and Storm. As you see, Chalice has it's uses against everyone but Tron. If yours is full of big mana decks then I can see it not being as good

In all seriousness I play decks how i like to play them. I dont mind what ppl say i think its best to try things and play what performs best for you.
I disliked chalice countering my own spells, i dislike games when it is utterly useless, and i like the price that they were at for me to sell.

Another deck i play thats a bit off the norm is affinity with only one steel overseer and 3 ensoul artifact maindeck and one sb overseer.

This is bc overseer always get removed and rarely in my experience ever gets to activate. Ensoul can be a serious blow out game 1 especially when ppl arent ready for it which most everyone isnt.

It performs how i want and thats good for me. So i think before you start telling someone that they arent building correctly you should just try shit for yourself instead of following net decks and lists blindly.

In other words fuck you, you gotta try shit out or youll never know what works and what doesnt.

Attached: 5DBE3FF5-1082-4BD6-8F6D-E2489C4B285C.png (750x1334, 1.66M)

Mine is Gtron and control and maybe 2 burn decks which i dont really have a seeious problem against so thats why i decided to not use them

They were $40 in Standard. They were never hitting $35.

You should donate it to a black or minority player to encourage a more inclusive environment for them.

Well, if I was to rephrase my argument in a more polite manner, I believer I'd say something like this:

You should run 4 Chalice of the void. If not mainboard, at least run some in the side. E-Tron's weakness is aggro, and Chalice is THE card to wreck them.

See now we could have a descussion on deck building and decisions. But got dammit im triggered now and theres no going back now.

Is WoTC ever going to kill the Jacetice League?

Attached: Capeshit.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

>playing
Whatever deck my friends want to to test against
>hating
myself, because i was supposed to buy snaps last year but the guy pulled out the day before i got payed because he did okay at an event with them and i never got around to finding another seller. now they've doubled in price.
>brewing
Modern challenger decks that wizards could get away with printing
Also eternal command but i've been brewing that for over a year and never built it because aether vial is homo.

Just because its not fun doesn't mean its linear. Solitaire means you almost never care about your opponents board. Your opponents board is 80% of what you care about in lantern.

Maybe TCGRepublic?

they'd kill it off when the arc completes in the next block or two

Is the Taking Turns player using top loader sleeves plus normal sleeves for his deck at GP Phoenix?

Right now it's Sam Black on Lantern vs. Daniel Wong on Taking Turns, and Sam looks miserable.

Does ceremnious rejection counter eldrazi displacer?

702.113a: Devoid is a characteristic-defining ability. "Devoid" means "This object is colorless." This ability functions everywhere, even outside the game. See rule 604.3.

Yes.

What site do you guys go to to get cutting edge brews with potential? I want to get in on one while they're cheap.

are artifacts colorless?

Like any good movie, yes.

Some aren't

Attached: jou-12-godsend.jpg (672x936, 234K)

From 1 to 10, how much "That guy" would be taking to FNM a custom playmat full of anime girls?

Attached: CjcQBE6.jpg (362x346, 36K)

8.5/10

Those people don't actually exist. There's a reason why everyone makes fun of them and no one speaks out about it.

mfw i bought promos at 90 each and they spike two days later to 200

Attached: 68B647ED-77F9-4C1F-8E37-14E81CF38F38.png (750x1334, 1.65M)

They are until they aren't

I don't care what people say, Dunkmaster Mage is great.

Depends how you act otherwise and how you present it
If you're a cool dude, I'd probably congratulate you on your sweet playmat

I wish the art went even further and showed some truly powerful b-ball magic

Attached: tumblr_myd61pJiKJ1rg4wbzo1_500.png (500x679, 535K)

Aren't we getting a sports themed side-expansion this year? I wanna chaos dunk some motherfuckers hard enough to make Barkley proud

Hot damn you're right, the 2HG draft set that's this year's Conspiracy. I have high hopes

He used to play for brazil

Attached: 47D15F99-DD64-45C8-9A74-17E8E6384312.jpg (353x540, 40K)

>turn 3 kill combo
holy shit now is probably the time to buy gemstone caverns before it spikes

“Thanks! Youre my favorite too”

Attached: 400BF8EE-88C0-4251-AF60-9A317DEF8E72.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Too late its spiked like a mother fucker

magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/banned-restricted

What would you take off the list?

Personally
>birthing pod
>blazing shoal
>chrome mox
>dread return
>glimpse of nature
>grave troll
>GSZ
>second sunrise
>splinter twin
>jitte

was jitte ever proven to be broken in modern/extended, or was it just a legacy from standard bans? i'm new to magic and i don't understand why people think it's so good.

play a couple of games of legacy with jitte involved and youll see how stupid that card is.

Attached: 1484320839418.jpg (249x237, 32K)

Blazing Shoal
Chrome Mox
Golgari Grave Troll (if impossible, Dread Return)
Rite of Flame
Seething Song
Stoneforge Mystic
Summer Bloom
Umezawa's Jitte

if i have azusa on board can i play the 2 lands at instant speed?

I've never liked waifu sleeves because the sleeve quality themselves aren't great. If the sleeve quality was just good I'd use them, but riffle shuffling is a bitch with them.

chrome mox
dig through time
gitaxian probe
ponder
preordain
rite of flame
seething song
treasure cruise

Attached: 239.jpg (500x494, 34K)

Why is Chrome Mox banned anyway?

combo and affinity

Imagine how fast the format would be now with it.
I'd rather have mox diamond in modern desu.

if it's you main phase and you just played her and she resolved, you keep the priority until you cast a spell (which lands are not) or announce a change of phase, opponent can't interact with you playing lands on your main phase. it's still not considered as instant speed of course in the sense you can't response to a spell by landing even if it's your main phase.

i keked

Attached: 1520806056524.png (786x618, 35K)

free mana for combo decks? it makes almost every combo a turn faster

the fuck is this we wuz kangs shit

>WE WUZ CASTA AND FOIL AND SHIEET

Guyz, why isn't this card price mooning alrdy ffs ? it's a staple cross format broken in multiples decks in each eternal format alrdy, i mean you just have a cavern and it become an uncounterable counterspell being able to counter uncounterable spells!!!! glued with a more than decent body!! with fckg flying!!!
comon now (and not bolt meme answer plz)

Attached: 189.jpg (312x445, 43K)

???

1/ you are way 2 late
2/ it's uber shit

avoid like plague, the gemstone meme is an awful investment vehicle

>it's a staple
only bad decks play it. once a deck wins anything with it, maybe

Attached: Anti-all 2.png (701x494, 662K)

Lightning Bolt.

>>>/edhg/

>*sacrifice behind you*
nothing personal kid

Attached: 040.jpg (312x445, 40K)

who would win
>5cmc 2 card combo
>one red

Yes, like said lands aren't spells and priority is never passed when you play them normally. If your lands have an ETB trigger, like simic growth chamber for example, your opponent can respond to the trigger.

desu the second it win a big tourney the card price will rise up like crazy, ppl are just sheeple, give it time

>being this much of a brainlet

Which MtG vidya is the best for learning?