So are they going for the Black Panther audience?

So are they going for the Black Panther audience?

Attached: static1.squarespace.com.jpe.jpg (1200x1200, 984K)

What about this says "Black Panther" to you other than that it's a black man? Did you watch Black Panther? Did you see the very distinct aesthetic it has? Does it resemble this in any but the most superficial ways?

> single black character exists
> "Reeeeeee! SJWs ruining my games!"

Attached: 1518380938121.png (952x872, 230K)

I was mostly looking at the fluff. I don't think that any of the models are dressed as cats.

>is this character design from 2016 trying to capture the audience of a movie released this year?
Yes, user, you've cracked the code. Congratulations.

I am pretty sure that Black Panther has been around since before 2016, though the movie we got this year was nice.

I don't think so, he isn't wearing a skin tight cat suit Frankly I wish he would

>I was mostly looking at the fluff.
"What would Africa be like if slavery didn't happen?" is the most common alternative history trope ever behing "something something ACW i dunno lol".

>inb4 but Africans slavery'd too!

Sure, but the "Black Panther audience" was not something to market to until a month ago.

Wasn't it just Ethiopia getting access to soulstones before everyone else due to a lucky placement of a portal to Malifaux?

That's right. Slavery still happened in the setting. It's the same thing with Marvel for that matter.

So user was lying?
Also aren't "What if nazis won" and "What if Cold War got hot" the most common alternate history tropes?

French Tuxedo Man approves.

Attached: Cat_Noir_Render_2.png (1280x1271, 1.41M)

>inb4 mods delete thread

Its pretty much Wakanda, but with vibranium replaced with soulstones. But its still a pretty rare take on the Atlantis troupe, so its still neat.

And yeah, those are. They are more recent events, so its easy to play them out than trying to figure out how an older time period plays out.

Also WWII getting crazy alien/magic/future/Cthulhu tech is another one up there.

>They are more recent events, so its easy to play them out than trying to figure out how an older time period plays out.
And more that because they have such a relevant cultural impact, everyone can immediately grasp the implications. If you say "This is a world where the Confederates/Nazis/Communists won", people get what that would change.

"This is a world where Carthage won the Punic Wars" just doesn't grab people the same way, because they can't really fathom how that would effect their own lives.

inb4 mods have a pissy fit and kill the thread

I wish. If the mods would nip bait in the bud more often the board might be better.

True.

To be fair, these threads are started for pure shitposting. Still, I'm interested in TOS, so let's try to salvage it if we can.

Best faction in terms of looks/gameplay?

Years of Rice and Salt by KSR is a very enjoyable "what if the Black Plague killed Europe, instead of only half of Europe" book done well.
It's hard to track how much of the story is really logical progrression as opposed to normalised to real history or to the story he wanted to tell though.

I like The Cult of the Burning Man the most personally. They have some pretty slick figures like the Doomseekers who really sold the game to me. Their playstyle involves a lot of using portals to deliver heavy hitters down board. I like their titan too, as you can discard cards to staple back on any head assets that you lost during its activation.

I like the look of all but the English. They have some cook stuff, like their titan, but overall not my jam. Burning Man edges the others out by having stuff like the ECB Black Ops, and the variety of sculpts. I am a bit worried about that variety if I'd need to grab multiple units, that uniqueness makes copies stand out more.

For gameplay, Hordes or Burning Man. I like playing upclose and both play melee well. I'm leaning towards BM because of the portals and Shaken shenanigans they can pull. Also looked at using Horomatangi to run a Kaiju list. Seems fun.

There is 2 more factions coming out, so we'll have to see what they bring.

So far I think that we have the Empire, Abyssinia, The Cult, The Guild, The Court of Two, The Three Kingdoms, and Kimon confirmed. The Guild and The Court are supposedly going to be featured in the game's first two player starter. It's a nice choice as both are syndicates, so being able to use them in other factions if you like them more is doable.

If you want an actual Malifaux/TOS thread, don't start one with a shitty bait OP.

That's true for all alternate history, because at the end of the day even the most historically well-vetted story is a just a speculative story that the author wanted to tell. And a lot of time diverging histories are just an excuse to have a different version of the world rather than actually portray historical consequences.

Sometimes the South wins the Civil War, one thing leads to another, and by the 2010s robots painted like the General Lee are fighting kaiju in the Midwest.

It's an entire faction though. There's an Asian faction coming up as well.

Its like they did with the Malifaux 2-player set, they made all the models mercs, so you can use them even if you don't collect Guild or Neverborn. I also like that we are getting some game world crossover with Sonnia and Kirai in the syndicates.

We didn't. We found a bait thread and turned it into a Malifaux/TOS thread. Recycling.

Nah, we've seen lots of designs and renders way earlier.

It's an entire high-tech African faction.

So, someone tell me how TOS plays and if it's actually __________fun_____

I’m pretty sure people bought black panther stuff before a month ago or it wouldn’t have existed for decades

SHEEEEEIT

Attached: DDB96B4A-88A2-4C2E-BCD0-FB71D6B38088.jpg (800x800, 643K)

>people bought black panther stuff before a month ago
Yeah, comic book fans.

Cute.

Yeah so that was the black panther audience predating last month

This character sure gets around huh?

Attached: EAC9BC68-094A-48A2-82B9-453ECEAA22B6.jpg (480x521, 64K)

>characters from media set in the 1960's have iconic 60's hair
>tries to sell BGE girl's poofy hair as an afro

So a trend of 1, then.

For all the whining they attract, stereotypes are just too easy to use to pass up on.

Pretty sure that picture is half the size as others I've seen floating around. There's a girl just like that in Uncharted 4 as well. It's more than just "b-but it's the style of the setting!", it's a deliberate effort to try and add your token diversity without actually wanting to put the effort in. Honestly, most of the people upset about this sort of thing are probably just sick of how half-assed it is rather than anything to do with race.

There's a video on Wyrd's TOS site that goes into better depth. The basics is similar to Malifaux (flipping cards instead of rolling dice, opposed duels, triggers on actions, etc.) with some changes. Biggest ones are you can declare multiple triggers, including some that go off margin of success; models have a Glory state, which is a second profile; and damage is different. Its now an unopposed flip using your power against the targets armor, and each time you meet the armor you deal a point of damage. For every point, you remove a model. For the big ones like titans and commanders, they have ways to mitigate it, like Look Out, Sir! style rules, or being able to discard upgrades to prevent the damage. Its what makes the Goryschke tough, you can discard head attachments to prevent damage, then discard cards to grow them again.

Glory depends on your army. The Gibbering Hordes, for example, can discard reonforcement tokens to Glory instead of bringing back lost guys to the unit with them. The idea is that they eat the incoming guys to get stronger.

There's other things like the tokens and strategems, which are extra cards you can play using tactics tokens your commanders generate.

I don't have the full rules, though. Wanted to back it, but haven't had the money to.

Attached: 015b57a82ab0275a0ce26e7ea460e7f2_original.jpg (375x525, 76K)

Yeah I agree man, when I see this the very LAST thing I think is “afro”. I mean it’s closer to being a jarhead cut or a rockabilly duckbill than an afro. When I look at that pic I think “what on Earth is that last one doing there” there’s no commonality at all with the other three. Neurotypicals just can’t understand that minutiae like that fractional dip in the top create a potential obscure semantic difference, that makes extrapolating from a specific to a general in a way that is blatantly obvious to the 99.9% of the population who arn’t autistic impossible, and completely BTFOs the maker of this pic. Right on brother!

Exactly, it's an entirely different character archetype with a different aesthetic that doesn't really fit the message being pushed. Glad you get it.

Totally different. The maker of the image was obviously making a commentary on the exact qualifications of what makes an afro and not the broader character archetype and tokenistic trends in media, so I’ll focus on the specific semantics of Afro hairstyles. There isn’t a person on the planet who would call this an afro. I mean “Afro” just means when people with curly hair let their hair grow out naturally, like in this photo, and when black women have their hair like this they refer to it as an Afro, but I’m a white incel who gets all his knowledge of the world from bugman cartoons and tv shows, and her hair doesn’t look like a perfect sphere like an afro in my cartoons. Things that require knowledge outside of the children’s media which I (an adult) consume are mystifying to me and therefore don’t exist.

Attached: 31BC3B8D-095B-48EA-80CC-6D338D105024.jpg (640x762, 233K)

He’s lampooning you not agreeing with you, you total autistic bugman.

How do reinforcements work? Do you just get dudes back for each marker at the start of the units activation?

Attached: 1518026745082.jpg (794x497, 79K)

I believe so? Like I said, I don't have the full rules, so I only know some of it. The videos they put up didn't discuss the details, just that they bring back models, though I think there might be a few beta battle reports out there.

And I was wrong, its not reinforcement tokens they eat, the Horde has to eat whole fireteams. They still play a lot with reinforcement tokens. My favorite is the Devouring Eel, which generates them each turn, and can either discard them to prevent damage or, when in Glory, discard them when it has 3 or more to summon another Eel.

Sorry, misread. I think you have to spend the tokens.

Even I got that post was sarcastic.

>the irony