I'm awful at scaling. A part of the continent is dominated by feudal kingdoms. It covers about 2346000 square miles...

I'm awful at scaling. A part of the continent is dominated by feudal kingdoms. It covers about 2346000 square miles. Is that exaggerated and I should scale back?

Attached: 1509894695488.jpg (180x290, 29K)

The US is 3800000 square miles. The size of your region is about 2/3s of that. That seems entirely plausible.

Thank you

>using miles

Your players probably don't and you definitely shouldn't care about the exact measurements of any of that shit, just vaguely describe things and if your players really press you, just use relativity to get across the scale you're looking for like, what this user did here.
This is doubly true if, like yourself, you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.

Attached: 1421786813034.jpg (660x374, 38K)

Eurocucks pls go

>and Asiacucks and Africacucks and Indiacucks and Oceaniacucks

I’m glad you agree with user. America > your shithole.

No one cares nerd. When will any of that shit matter to your players in game terms?

Travel time?

>Your players probably don't care
I wish I were so lucky.

I empathize with you; there's nothing worse than some asshole saying he can't get into the game because all the real world checks like distance and meters and scale don't add up. Acting like a cunt about it and then making you feel bad.

I once had a game where someone told a friend of mine (who was actually keen on playing, continued to play, and enjoyed himself until the very end) that they couldn't get into the setting because it was inherently nonsensical, and that it would have been better to say that Tokyo was destroyed by the impact of a meteor rather than in a nuclear war.

Never fucking mind the fact that Tokyo's destruction was a plot point (it wasn't destroyed in a nuclear war; it was destroyed in a psychokinetic blast a la Akira). I had kept that information close to the chest because it was a spoiler, but in all the information given out I constantly alluded to the fact that that wasn't really what happened.

You need extra large units of length to fit your extra large asses.

Fookin' blimey mate, 'ow many STONES you sittin' at?

I'm in the same boat as you, but in a gothic fantasy setting. I'm grateful to you for sharing your story. Have an elf.

Attached: umbrellelf.jpg (770x1557, 128K)

The continental US is massive,

I personally would scale things back. That's a lot of space to populate. I mean do you have a map or something you can share?

Yeah, them too.

t. Englishman

That's a good umbrellelf thanks user.

I'd be interested in hearing your story too.

Feudal societies are hard to administer, but that could be great questing fuel. Make sure to include a few kingdoms that only have nominal control of their territory and whose leadership can't handle basic security tasks or reign in rogue townships.

My world is really big as well user, but the way I see it is that if magic exists, then instant communication and instant transportation exist as well (expensive as they may be), making it much easier to run a larger nation.

>Make sure to include a few kingdoms that only have nominal control of their territory and whose leadership can't handle basic security tasks or reign in rogue townships.

Isn't that usually the case in feudalism?

Why would you choose something like that, wouldnt it be much easier to keep it ambiguous?

as long as its kingdoms and not kingdom, you will be fine. unless there is magic in the works, a feudal kingdom will have logistic problems if it gets too big, but you can easily have multiple smaller kingdoms covering the area.

did you subtract the total amount of freshwater sources and impassible terrain features from that yet?

I know that umbrella elf wasn't for me, but is it okay that I save it anyway?

Haha, yes, that's a great umbrella elf

Just use ACKs

2/3rds the size of the US is reasonable for a single contiguous feudal state? That's just not true. I'd expect something the size of Texas alone to be too big.

OP said kingdoms (plural). Presumably there are numerous different feudal states within the region.

In that case, there would be massive cultural differences from one end of the continent to the other and a lot of wildlands, but I could see multiple kingdoms working.

>In that case, there would be massive cultural differences from one end of the continent to the other
You mean like the differences between Galicia and Novgorod?

Not if its based off an Urban Civilization and keeps itself out of having too many large enemies.

Eastern Rome transitioned itself to a feudal society after the Arabs sprung through, and controlled roughly 1/4 of that landmass with relatively little problems internally.. Of course this was an empire spanning a thousand years with a ton of problems externally and a succession that would make anyone's head ache.

But I don't see any reason why a feudal society couldn't grow to like half that size. Look at Charlemagne's empire.

Sure friend, it's all yours.

Charlemange's empire fractured in three parts after his death, and had a civil war because of that.

Individual charisma can hold a big realm together, but unless there's decent infrastructure to cut travel time and/or acceptable legislation that makes cooperation preferable for the vassals it will be next to impossible staying big.

That is even before you put nationalism and religious proto-nationalism into the mix.

It's easy to be large and in charge when you actually have food to eat Hans.

The parthian & sassanid empire were quite large and they were absolutely feudal.