/SWG/ - Oddly Shaped Carrier Edition

Are Carriers the one ship every faction has their own version of?

Did the Duskhan League or Hapan Nation have access to any?

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ----
New Destiny boosters:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/way-of-the-force/
Official playmats for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/prepare-your-troops/
Season One Organized Play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/recruit-your-legions/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/take-your-best-shot/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/open-the-blast-doors/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/star-destroyers-fighters-and-fun/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-force-is-with-you/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-way-of-the-force/

Attached: Ssi-ruuviAssaultCarrier_egvv.jpg (1829x1486, 763K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjnRQFDWbrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can we ban the autists who say don't make these generals.

That carrier looks happy to see you!

It's a chameleon's head

Anybody have any good art for Rebel officers?

Attached: Rebel Officer 4.jpg (750x705, 89K)

I'll see what i can dig up

Are we allowed to use "known" ones?

Attached: Tallissan_Lintra.png (466x624, 423K)

Huh guess i really lack rebel officer material. I have this female Mon Calamari that could be a officer of sorts

Attached: Soldier Rebel Mon Cal.jpg (508x1018, 91K)

Attached: 59824.jpg (736x1119, 202K)

Same. All of mine are Imperial.

I'd prefer not, at least any extremely prominent ones. Besides, I'm already using Tallie.

Here's a piece from the WEG Rebel Alliance Source Book

Attached: Rebel Uniforms.png (1458x950, 1.31M)

Attached: lego rebel officer.jpg (210x240, 13K)

>"The officer looks at you with an uncomfortable, troubled glare, like that of a man who must explain to his paraplegic daughter that her dreams of becoming an X-Wing pilot will never come true."

ah yes, the first year of Rebels for Legion

I have a few.

Attached: alliance_command_by_thejeffster-d9xk1b1.jpg (755x900, 444K)

Wait, what's stopping a parapelegic from becoming an X-Wing pilot? Hell, that's a great backstory for an NPC, they joined up with [organization] so they could contribute with their sick flying skills and hopefully earn enough dosh to get replacement legs.

Attached: Kira_Lar.jpg (1131x3011, 503K)

I don't know why they're all women.

Attached: Hoth_Scout_TCG.jpg (1200x879, 151K)

Rebel diplomat and bodyguards?

Attached: CristiB_NoTimetoPanic.jpg (1500x958, 516K)

I'm going to cheat and toss in a couple of Rebel commandos.

Attached: 4684051cb132649d355cf237601920ac--rebel-star-wars.jpg (736x1106, 68K)

>the paraplegic can't be a space pilot
... Why not though?

Attached: Skeptical Joker.jpg (725x509, 94K)

And that's all I have.

Rebel fan art seems pretty disparate compared to everything else. Empire, Jedi, Sith, and mercenaries/scum seem to get more love.

Attached: Rebel_Heavy_Trooper.jpg (1280x1024, 632K)

X-wings still have foot pedals to operate the "etheric rudder," whatever the hell that is. Without the prosthetics, it's a no go.

He's not a cripple, he just breaks easy.

Direct neural control. That's in one of the FFG splats.

>Implying the Rebellion can afford that
>Implying it won't go horribly wrong once the pilot starts piling on stress tokens

Attached: how it feels to PtL.jpg (1920x1080, 70K)

Who is your favorite Sith outside of the movies, Veeky Forums? I'm very fond of Malak.

Attached: Alek and Jarael.jpg (735x972, 723K)

He doesn't have the jawline to be a proper sith.

I know nothing of Malek outside of the game

He's pretty good in the KotR comic. I don't think he has appeared in anything else.

Attached: guard looks at you.jpg (600x450, 164K)

I mean, with star wars medicine, fixing their spine probably wouldn't be very hard.
Actually a character from a low-tech world who got their spine fixed by the rebellion and became a pilot would be pretty cool

As big a disappointment as SWTOR was, Darth Marr ended up being a great character. He's what a proper Sith Lord should be.

>Logical
>Harsh, but fair
>Understands the importance of a united Sith front
>Capable of putting petty rivalries aside for the greater good of the Sith
>Treats competent subordinates with respect
>Rewards success greatly
>Hosts parades to raise the morale of the Sith Empire's population
>Seizes the reigns of the empire to ensure that it doesn't collapse from infighting after the Emperor's disappearance
>Suppresses most of his emotions to ensure he thinks straight, but unleashes them in combat.

Attached: DarthMarrSeat001.jpg (1704x1200, 953K)

>X-wings still have foot pedals to operate the "etheric rudder," whatever the hell that is.
Thrust vectoring + reaction control thrusters, as named by somebody who didn't know that thrust vectoring and reaction control thrusters were already named.

Kind of reminds me of Krayt's Sith Troopers aesthetically.

Attached: Trooper.png (712x650, 553K)

All he needed was a Rita Repulsa of his own.

Attached: lord zedd.jpg (368x558, 71K)

It's called Starfighters of Adumar, though they fixed her vertigo.

I can see Marr's appeal, but my favorite council member was Vowrawn. He's fairly pleasant to be around, and he has good relationships with his apprentices and underlings. I almost suspect he is a covert lightfag.

>no-one knows what etheric rudders are in SWG

They're the canon technobabble explanation for WW2 aviation memes in space - maneuvering vanes that tap into hyperspace.

That was in my mind, yeah

>maneuvering vanes that tap into hyperspace
Sauce and page number? The Wook page contains nothing regarding hyperspace and I can't find the explanations in my copies of the Thrawn Trilogy or X-Wing novels. As far as those books were concerned, "etheric rudder" was just a throwaway technobabble term to explain why you could yaw in space, no "hyperspace" talk or detailed descriptions of its inner workings given.

Reworking the controls should be doable but it does turn the ship into a bit of a snowflake fighter.

Does the guy on the right have a lightsaber?

Attached: Screenshot (270).png (1366x768, 1.02M)

I asked in the last thread, asking again.

For those that are good (Or even Kinda OK) at X-wing, i'm looking for advice as to how specific styles of lists fly- In particular how they open. I'm prepping for Adepticon, and I want to know how to approach various types of lists.

So /swg/- What lists are you good at flying?

Nah, looks like a blaster with a scope.

Is that fucking George Lopez?

Visual guide says it's a duralluminum dildo.

Attached: watts_up.jpg (500x273, 21K)

>(arrow) Penetrates willing holes.

So what useless details would be called out about the PCs or NPCs in your campaigns /swg/?

Attached: unusually grave expression.jpg (1440x1920, 288K)

>Faded shoulder tattoo bears the emblem of the Vensenor Flight Academy
>Alliance-issue pilot's jacket, stained by whiskey from leaking flask
>Small chin scar from childhood airspeeder crash

Since the Empire eventually develops the SPMA and AT-AT, would the Rebellion use the discarded Proton Cannons from the Clone Wars in Legends?

Attached: Artillery!.png (1920x816, 1.08M)

If they ever have reason for siege weapons, probably.

The Rebels were more about hit-and-run attacks on easier targets, though.

I can see some crazy Rebel cell jury-rigging the cannons up to cargo speeders to use as improvised self-propelled artillery.

Most likely yes I'd say, if they could find them in some old Arms Depot or derelict Acclamator(I'm guessing they went out of production like most of the GAR Armoury), getting the ammunition might be a hassle though.

>If they ever have reason for siege weapons, probably.

Those are good anti armor guns too.

I wonder if you could fit one of those fuckers on an AT-ST base for Legion...

Attached: 1508824621370.jpg (1368x1000, 175K)

>I'm guessing they went out of production like most of the GAR Armoury)

They probably did, but I imagine there was a lot of surplus left over from the Clone Wars given production was in full swing when it ended.

You could probably find some Droid Artillery lying around too.

Though in theory, the ammunition for those should be easier to get than the proton torpedo ammunition for their artillery tanks shouldn't it?

Probably.

Attached: mtpl.jpg (1366x768, 556K)

Darth Jadus is the rightful Sith Emperor and I am sad that I will never de-operationalize the administrative state at his side.
youtube.com/watch?v=HjnRQFDWbrE

On the subject of artillery, Dawn of Rebellion mentions that the Empire uses the SPHA-T well into its reign (less than five years before yavin)

No clue, I just grabbed it a while back off of pintrest.

Those fuckin' things. I hate those things. To this day, I don't play that game because of fucking arty in that game.

I think they spend five years fighting the remnants of the CIS for five years so that may explain why.

Yeah the artillery hits hard.

But then again all Proton weapons hit hard if TCW is any indicator.

Ironically I think TCW artillery is worse as it one shots vehicles frequently.

Attached: Big Artiller.png (1366x768, 1.97M)

Alright /swg/ I want to give an after-action report on this list

(100)

Lothal Rebel (49) - VCX-100
Sensor Jammer (4), Lando Calrissian (3), Ezra Bridger (3), Ghost (0), Engine Upgrade (4)

AP-5 (15) - Sheathipede-class Shuttle
Phantom II (0)

Wedge Antilles (36) - X-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Vectored Thrusters (2)

To start, I did ignore the other user's advice (no offense) about trying to add a turret and go for a Fenn build instead. Honestly, I didn't mind the difference.

Some of my thoughts:

>Maul/Ezra is goddamn amazing. Seriously this stuff rocks
>setting up shots in Firing Arcs rather than turreting on a Ghost is tricky, but with you probably can make it work. Thank goodness for EU
>Wedge, despite two actions from the Coordinate and R2-D2 is still way too fragile - one mistake cost him his life. I'm highly considering replacing him with Wullffarro w/ Predator/IR/Rey for something more effective (also IR can help the Ghost remove Maul stress)

What are your thoughts /swg/? Inb4 Turrets

Attached: 1520758056109.jpg (593x329, 27K)

jaedus is a huge fag

That Lando should be Maul sorry

Jadus was fantastic, if nothing else because of his voice actor. The portrayal of a distant, cold, horrific character was perfect because of that delivery.

That said, I turned him in to the Dark Council because my Agent was a loyalist to the Sith order through and through.

So now that the World Beyond Worlds is a thing, will the Old Republic canon be reinstated?

you know what would be fucking rad?
an ISD that had been modified with maximum IJN pagoda bridge superstructure

>tfw no qt Anzat gf to stick her cheek tentacles up your dickhole

Doesn't the Nu-Canon basically say that the Rebellion was almost entirely Anti-Fa, with only a small hardened core of ex-soldiers leading them?

It hit hard, had an ungodly range, and essentially dominated any fight it was in. AT-Ats were fucking worthless on any map with Arty involved because the damage was so fucking insane.

AAAAH
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1518731729528.gif (255x231, 112K)

Possibly as siege or defense cannons, but Rebel military doctrine was more about hit and run and flexibility/elasticity.

The artillery they did use was rapidly deployable and mobile and was carpet-barrage based, firing a shitton of rockets with the objective of "cause as much damage as possible then run like hell away".

I can see bigger stationary guns like the proton cannon being used either sparingly or by a select few generals only, and either way they'd need ample support, as Imperial artillery was very skilled at counter-barraging.

>as Imperial artillery was very skilled at counter-barraging.

True, but isn't Imperial artillery like walkers slightly slower than the Proton Cannons?

I believe the Proton Cannons are Repulsor vehicles and can move and redeploy, albeit haphazardly.

Attached: SPMA Battery.jpg (900x541, 70K)

The Rebellion had a lot of militias and angry citizens in it, sure, but there were also plenty of Imperial defectors. So, training was up to par and missions were usually led by someone who knew what the hell they were doing. You'd always lose some to attrition, but the survivors would becomes grizzled veterans themselves, ready to lead the next wave.

>isn't Imperial artillery like walkers slightly slower than the Proton Cannons?

Slow, but a little bit faster. Slightly more mobile I'd say, but nowhere near as mobile as Rebel artillery (I forget the name of it, it's the barrage murderfuckerwagon in Empire at War that kills your AT-AT in one barrage). But unlike Rebel artillery I recall SPMA models (at least later variants) had shields and point-defense systems, as well as their angular and curved design, to give them a better chance at withstanding counter-barrages and airstrikes in comparison to Rebel counterparts, which were almost defenseless when deployed. I think it's said they used some spotter drones, Tau-style, that were often armed for light defense against infantry attacks, but still, they had nothing for counter-barrage or aerial defense.

I believe this is appropriate from a few threads back.

Attached: Salt Truck.png (510x161, 36K)

I remember that, and yeah, still spot on fucking accurate.

I always found it odd the Empire never used Probe Droids as artillery spotters.

Consortium artillery is close to that too isn't it?

Zeb was a Lasat royal guard. Rex was a Republic sergeant. Ryder was a Republic governor. Sabine, Wedge and Hobbie were Imperial defectors. Kallus was an ISB agent. This is going from Rebels alone.

Meant to reply to

probably because the Rebel Alliance has a pretty boring aesthetic overall

Legion soon, my fellow swggers.

Got any ideas on what you're buying first, or how you're going to paint it?

Are you holding off until the next wave, or are you going all in right now?

What do you hope makes it into the game?

Attached: image.jpg (570x570, 71K)

Sabin, Wedge, and Hobbie were literally college kids. They just happened to go to military college.

Got my core set on the way, looking to Apocalypse Now for inspiration, plan is to do a Stormtrooper remnant legion that's been stuck in the jungle, so lost of tribal patterns and greens mixed into dirty white armor. And everything Rebels I'm basing on the uniforms from the Scarif rebels.

My main wishlist is Deathtroopers and Scout snipers for Imperials and maybe characters from Rebels for the scum.

I'm having a slow existential crisis over painting my Stormtroopers and Vader, because I refuse to do white like everybody else.

>They probably did, but I imagine there was a lot of surplus left over from the Clone Wars given production was in full swing when it ended.
>You could probably find some Droid Artillery lying around too.
That's true, all depends on where you look, and how unimportant the Sector you happen to be in is, what with the Empire still dismantling old Clone Wars stock(Going by Rebels that is) even after 14 years.
Imo opinion it would also help if you could get your hands on a Super Tac Droid, would list old CIS and Pub bases that you could loot.

>Though in theory, the ammunition for those should be easier to get than the proton torpedo ammunition for their artillery tanks shouldn't it?
Absolutely easier, especially given Rebel ingenuity, in a pinch some crafty Armourer could make makeshift shells out of Y-Wing Torps/Bombs that are still in production I think?

Isn't Sabine around 16?

I don't think a big artillery piece fits well into rebel doctrine:
1. It is big, slow, hard to hide and hard to ship from planet to planet.
2. It uses ammo that is bulky, volatile, probably expensive and definitely hard to get.
3. Unless you have extremely capable spotters, communications, gun crew and officers, you need a lot of that ammo to score a hit.
4. What does the hit even accomplish, operationally? You also need capable infantry and officers to take the position you shelled.
5. Putting many shells downrange, the only way to hit targets most of the time, takes time and the flashing involved is visible from the air.
6. Missed shots deal indiscriminate damage where they land. The threat of wild collateral damage limits your ability to employ the weapon close to civilians, places of strategic value and your own troops.

It looks like a Deathammer blaster pistol with the vented shroud going all the way back instead of stopping below the scope.

...kinda looks like Pepe

Seems like the Deathhammer's perforated shroud does actually go over the entire gun on the top despite stopping on the sides.

Wow, it actually looks a lot worse from the top now.

Attached: Deathhammer 434_blaster_pistol.jpg (640x338, 37K)

1. It is big, slow, hard to hide and hard to ship from planet to planet.
This point I will absolutely give you, as it's just not a contestable point.

>2. It uses ammo that is bulky, volatile, probably expensive and definitely hard to get.
Bulky, yes. Volatile, also yes, although I can't imagine it being much more volatile than the entire magazines of Proton Torps/Bombs the Alliance keeps on hand for the Starfighter Corps. Expensive is...less valid(But not invalid, this I make clear), given the tendency for Rebels to steal anything they need that holds the 'expensive' tag(A lot of their Capitals for example). Hard to find? Compared to fighter munitions yes, don't think it'd be made as of the Rise of the Empire.

>3. Unless you have extremely capable spotters, communications, gun crew and officers, you need a lot of that ammo to score a hit.
Very much true, as with your other points, although to be fair, the 'true' Rebel Alliance(Referring to the non-local cells I mean) do tend to train their troops well, so this MAY be partially, but far from completely mitigated.

>4. What does the hit even accomplish, operationally? You also need capable infantry and officers to take the position you shelled.
Perhaps knocking out a fortified position that simply -must- be killed, but is too heavily defended for Bombers? Admittedly this isn't the most common...perhaps for shooting down landers?
Those CIS Cannons took out an Acclamator fairly quickly, a Sentinel is much less armoured(But faster, which reinforces your point about capable crews), and knocking out AT-ATs before they land is always useful. I admittedly imagine them mainly being used defensively(On the like...three planets, if that, where the Rebels have something the Imp Navy just can't explode willy nilly).

And my post is too long...kill me plz.

>5. Putting many shells downrange, the only way to hit targets most of the time, takes time and the flashing involved is visible from the air.
Only way I can see it working is with a surprise barrage followed by relocating before the Imps can scramble TIEs/a QRF to intercept them, or using them as sacrificial lambs to both cause damage to X thing and having the crews retreat(Or be operating them remotely) to bait out Imps and strike the responders with Fighters. Or in a situation where the Rebels have air superiority for long enough to use them.

>6. Missed shots deal indiscriminate damage where they land. The threat of wild collateral damage limits your ability to employ the weapon close to civilians, places of strategic value and your own troops.
I suppose if they absolutely needed to, the Rebs could take the gun it's self off the legs, duct tape it to some heavy speeder/vehicle and make some Frankenstein Assault Gun.

tl,dr: There -might- be a place for them somewhere, but said place is so niche that it's nearly not worth filling. Then again if the Rebels find an old GAR base that is somehow intact and set about looting the Y-Wings and such, would they really turn down big shooty tank killy things just because of a few minor inconveniences? There's probably some grumpy Rebel somewhere who could find a use for them, even if said use was as crude as "Duct tape to ship, use ship as Light Cruiser killer"(Which isn't a part of the discussion and thus makes your points even more valid).

If they find one in working condition I would expect them to make some use of it, as a defensive measure at a base or in some weird operation that catches the Imps off guard. I would not expect it to stick around for long, since it would be a giant hassle to keep operational, and the effort and resources involved are better spent on other things.

The point about ammunition is in comparison to other gear typically carried by rebel ground pounders. In the rebel navy you have technicians who are used to handling such munitions, so transporting the artillery shells through space is not as such a giant problem. Once it is time to hand them off to the grunts though, that is when you run into trouble with it being way more bulky and dangerous than a blaster power cell.

>The point about ammunition is in comparison to other gear typically carried by rebel ground pounders. In the rebel navy you have technicians who are used to handling such munitions, so transporting the artillery shells through space is not as such a giant problem. Once it is time to hand them off to the grunts though, that is when you run into trouble with it being way more bulky and dangerous than a blaster power cell.
Aaaaah, yeah that's totally true, I suppose it could be also lessened to a degree by the sort of...'jack of all trades' nature of Rebel Troops, but most certainly wouldn't nullify said risk unless the Troops charged with handling them were trained to handle explosives, which it's self is rare-ish.

I'm sure the Rebels would find a way though, they do have a knack for creative solutions to problems like these.

>I don't think a big artillery piece fits well into rebel doctrine:
Heavy artillery in particular is a combination of advanced logistics, transportation and some level of training I don't see rebs having a lot of use for anyway. The smaller and mobile artillery like portable field mortars, the equivalent of an IRA truck-mortar, MRL's or other vehicle capable of scooting and shooting- that stuff' has been a staple of warfare ever since someone figured dragging a cannon behind a horse team was 'pretty good'.
They hit well above their weight, notoriously difficult to find and a complete pain for anyone being on the receiving end, at a much lower risk to the crew.

Air support is also one of those things Rebs seem to do well, considering they have stuff like the Y and U-wing out there and quite a lot of their doctrine revolves around strike fighter attacks anyway, they have a fair bit of practice. Course, fighters cost a formidable amount of material, technical and logistics as well so I wouldn't bank on them sending out CAS very often unless its really important (ie- R1 strike on Eadu and Scarif)

Attached: Paul Dainton the_ride1.jpg (1920x1097, 254K)