Like Mongolia, but with giant spiders

>Like Mongolia, but with giant spiders

Attached: mongol_girl_3_by_benlo-d4ib26m.jpg (1241x643, 110K)

Can I fuck those spiders?

It’s like Nevada but it’s also radioactive and secretly Australia.

Attached: 093BBB49-8D16-49E0-8682-A50786364510.jpg (780x439, 61K)

Attached: 1506572254425.jpg (652x721, 169K)

Alright so the main problem I see with this is long term stamina.

Spiders are pretty fast so I think in shorter distances giant ones will still outpace conventional/heavy cavalry.

They are a lot more vulnerable with no real way to heal serious wounds.

They also probably can't go for as long with such a load as a horse can.

However I think there are some advantages too: obviously there is no real kind of terrain that is a barrier to them, even sieges can involve direct assaults because of their mobility and ability to scale surfaces. And for camps you can probably have giant burrowing spiders to dig you out temporary fortifications, tunnels and hidden camps which are pretty useful.

And for rations spiders can eat pretty much anything so you can just feed captives to them. And you probably have an overabundance of silk for making armor which is really useful.

tl;dr - I think spider Mongols would be less dominant on the open field and less able to quickly expand than regular Mongols, but they would also bypass some of the major weaknesses of the historical Mongol armies too.

Attached: 1519902388122.jpg (728x1095, 158K)

Fuck you.

>They also probably can't go for as long with such a load as a horse can.
I mean, I think they can proportionally. But giant spiders obviously don't work under normal physics so there's gotta be a lot of fantasy handwaving going on anyway, so that kind of stuff can go any way you like.

I'm fine with that.

Attached: 41618.png (335x245, 40K)

>Like Canada, but with millions of Yeti

I would imagine spiders ridiculously difficult to domesticate.
Not only do they have all-around vision, but they're inherently carnivorous. Currently, there are no domesticated carnivores.
But hey, handwavium.
IIRC, spiders inject venom that liquifies the insides of their prey, and they suck everything out like a pickle slushie. Humans already have soft, liquid insides, so we're practically gift-wrapped for them.
Finall, it would be far easier technologically to build horse saddles than spider saddles.

Thank you for your consideration.

Attached: pickle-slush-1521218462.jpg (768x432, 26K)

>like canada, but with trees that have a sweet, sticky sap that people harvest for food

>Currently, there are no domesticated carnivores.
Dogs? Cats?

Rach-nee is best 'nee.

Attached: 1449010580841.jpg (800x517, 278K)

....cats aren't really domesticated.....

The drow seem to manage it.

Giant spiders will not be as fast as normal spiders, in fact they would barely be spiders.

But you can create animals that resemble spiders, there is nothing against it except energy/matter costs.

The thing is that they would probably have an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton o top making them very heavy, but also quite hardy(the typical thing about using archers against cavalry will not work here) and maybe using the 8 legs will compensate but they surely will only be usefull in short runs and unless specfically breed for that not feasible for cargo transport.

One advantage that should be noted is that if you make a spider big enogh, the animal actually has "hands" to manipulate prey(pedipalps), is not as usually depicted in fiction that always have to bite and then kill(although at that size the "fangs" or chelicera will basically be giant lances there is no need for poison), in fact I would argue that at size and employing an exosqueleton they could easily overpower any warrior in close combat(the pedipalps would be giant maces and thats without considering adding spikes), in such scenario the spider will use its mouth(behind the chelicera) to eat the victim easily since their "teeth" are pretty much like rolling shredders(others actually inject the gastric juices into the victim and other spit out the gastric juices and then absorb them superficially) that would destroy the enemy.

To add speed and jumping capabilities you could decrease the oeverall weigh of the creature(but carefull you would take away fighting skills this way), and the spiderweb could work exactly like usual but instead be thrown from a distance(I'm seeing some applications against frontline pikemen that would disrupt a typical calvary charge)

Mmn... I think spiders would make for awesome war time creatures, you only need to compensate the high cost and completly rearrange the organs(the spider might not be as thick as you may think or heat issues might arise)

She doesn't look mongol at all, wtf.

Also, mongols should be fighting the spiders, not domesticating them. It makes more sense - perhaps they use spider chitin to make super-effective bows (instead of horn)? If you want, you can make spiders have some sort of material which can be used for the working, non-riser parts of the bow, which are really the things which determine efficiency. They could also use the chitin as armor.

Dogs and cats are domesticated because they are mammalian and have developed similar brains and reward systems. Spiders and other insects/bugs are not even as evolved as a reptile in the brain, they basically act entirely on instinct. You would not be able to safely domesticate it.

>pickle-slush
What's with the sudden resurgence of interest in chris-chan? Did he do something big recently? Everyone seems to be talking about him for the last while.