>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:

How big of a role does alchemy play in your games? Do you allow players to make basic healing potions and similar magical items with alchemy alone?

Attached: alchemist.png (474x955, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15295336
youtube.com/watch?v=3RAkY4R691E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shilling my poll again then I'll shut up about it. Interesting responses so far.
>At least one person here wouldn't allow their players to play a human fighter.

strawpoll.me/15295336

>How big of a role does alchemy play in your games? Do you allow players to make basic healing potions and similar magical items with alchemy alone?

Holy fuck we don't actually do it but it is an option to us our GM mentions every now and then but I never even thought about using alchemy to make other items in a similar vein as the Sith would do to make their pre-Lightsaber swords.

Why is that Lizardfolk option there?

Answered in the other thread: mostly for laughs, though one person did remark that sex-changing works better on lizardfolk than elves, and cited Jurassic Park for the reason.

>Ever allowing a player to play a character that would force them to use the "correct pronouns"
Fuck off.

Honestly I a against most of these because gender/sexuality shit should not be something that is forced into a game.

But it wouldn't change anything outside of their cockslit becoming a vagslit.

Said yes to them all except the Lizarfolk because they're a stupid meme race meant for Elder Scrolls shitters.

Who's your favorite cosmic threat BBEG, /5eg/?

Hard mode: No Vecna or Orcus

Attached: dispaterpng.png (400x613, 367K)

what potions or scrolls should I give my level 3 players

>lizardfolk
>stupid meme race meant for Elder Scrolls shitters
How long have you been playing DnD, user? One year? Two?

Attached: Lizardfolk bard.jpg (605x644, 67K)

Guys
Do you think I've got a decent idea for a homebrew?

>The Elf races have been united in a dark bargain by a powerful demongod that gave them the choice of serving him or being distorted into monsters
>Now the Elves pillage other races with the demongods monstrous servants and act as slavers and raiders
>The majority of Gnome kind has been enslaved as well as they were the first country they attacked, with most Gnomes now fodder for the Elves, being kept docile and subservient by a drug mixture they're given
>The Elves have been raiding for decades now claiming land after land, forcing an alliance between the Goblinoid Nation(Goblin/Hob/Bugbear heavily inspired on China), the Giantkin nation (Not actual giants, but races who are descendants in my setting, Goliath/Firbolg/Orc) and the Human nations.

The other nations and species are less willing to put as much man power into this as the single minded slow widdling of the nations now dominated by Elves has many in power considering giving into the Elves if either of the 3 nations who currently boarder the Elf bad lands falls and becomes an avenue for the Elfish hordes to invade other nations

Now the heroes must venture retrieve 8 relics and invade the Elflands to banish the demongod and hopefuly end the Elfish plan for domination

Poll creator here. Thanks for the responses but please don't bother commenting on them in the thread, it detracts from better discussion.

I've always been fond of a couple of the 3.5 Elder Evils antagonists:
>Father Llymic, straight up wants to freeze the world. I like ice-themed antagonists.
>Pandorym. An all consuming force of destruction that has been imprisoned is old hat. An Inevitable working their ass off to free it ofer aeons because it is being prevented from fulfilling the purpose of it's existence is kinda novel.
>Ragnorra. Positive energy as an antagonist? Neat concept.

I've also considered running pic related as a cosmic evil, but never bothered to go further than the basic concept.

Attached: 8ZtIziQ[1].jpg (1600x1200, 288K)

Obviously it's Skeletor.

Well, let's see. I was born in '81 and started playing DnD in '97 and played every week with my buddies from high school until about 2002, then played again until June 2008 (4e release) because we didn't like the Wargame feel to it, and then I started playing again in in 2016.

I will always shit on Lizardfolk. I hate Elder Scrolls, and I associate Lizardfolk with Elder Scrolls fags.

If any race is designed like that I'd pin it on the Dragonborn. But I wouldn't put that as a hard pin.

I use the homebrew set of rules for extra crafting options giving my players the ability to make bombs, poisons, and potions alongside the XGtE options. The Artificer Warsmith of the group has been getting some use of the Potion brewing.

I do allow them to also make magic items if they want to, it takes 1/2 to 1/8 the time in the DMG depending on a ton of factors. Like that Warsmith is planning on making this visor for his suit as soon as they get some downtime.

So far they like it!

Attached: Identification Visor.png (530x422, 240K)

It seems 3 editions hasn't refined your taste or your brain to think lizardfolk came about or changed much at all since 1e.

Attached: hobbit hour.jpg (534x533, 115K)

I thought they were dumb when I was younger because I didn't think they made much sense because I was a Tolkein-fantasy-only fag during that time.

Now, I don't like them because at the LGS I DM at, I constantly have players asking to be a Lizardfolk reflavored to be an Argonian.

What do you mean reflavored to be an Argonian? Like what are they changing?

Sounds like a player-DM problem, user.

Water breathing, that's about it.

They want to have bonuses to skills like Argonians do in Skyrim, extra spells, and the special abilities. I just say no.
Maybe. I've never really liked video games, so maybe I'm just blaming Elder Scrolls for me not understanding why players want to play something from a video game.

>Wilderness Survival Guide + Warsmith Artificer homebrew
My artificer is a pure grapple tank focused on becoming the YUGEST guy ever and to put a dragon in a headlock. The witch focuses on alchemy instead of me.

Attached: 124782085.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

Lizardfolk are pretty cool when they actually look like lizards and not shitty furry art.

Attached: V7-illus-31.jpg (1600x1131, 356K)

I said yes to all except for this one. Its because this is not a character. If your character in its entirety is only their gender your not really playing a character. I would completely allow this to be an objective for the character (As it can be interesting or funny at the lengths they will go) but not the sole reason for them being an adventurer.

Also, this would give me the excuse to start a rumor in the world that if you cast Alter Self every single day for 1 year for the full duration the change would become permanent.

Attached: My reason for living is this....png (1038x156, 22K)

See, that I'd be alright with. That's some good art.

That's just fucking dumb and it's good you said no but that sounds like something a lot of players try to do. They like something from one thing they enjoy and try to port it over.

My groups Warsmith is a Doctor who does both combat and medicine. The player really wants to pick up alchemy, they will be getting some downtime soon and they will be given the option to gain proficiency in that.

Attached: Bird Suit WIP.jpg (1131x1996, 634K)

I dont know, thats clearly a snake man not a lizard man.

Snakes are just lizards without legs user

That's racist you big double nigger.

A proper snake-man would move around like a lamia, at any rate.

Sounds a bit like LotR.

What's the best I can do as Warlock/Sorcerer if my DM won't let me coffeelock? Just spam Eldritch Blasts for ten levels?

Become a diamond dust addict and do nefarious things with mask of many faces to make the gold needed.

Eldritch Blast + Quickened Eldritch Blast on a hexed target will add up to a lot of damage real fast. You could also go hexblade and stack on your hexblade curse for even more fucking damage.

Would you spend 115 GP for an Elven Longblade that is just a Finessable Longsword? How about 10,115 for a Longblade of Sharpness?

Attached: 4020792.png (869x869, 173K)

Coffee lock?

A very specific build that achieves the ability to never have to sleep or take rests.

How do you define "best"?

Attached: 135.gif (500x281, 615K)

115 is sort of reasonable, particularly if you can finesse it while wielding it in two hands.

Warlock with Aspect of the Moon no longer needs to sleep. Warlock spell slots recharge on a short rest as well as long rests. Sorcerer spell slots and sorcery points reset on a long rest only.

So you get AotM, convert all your pact magic slots to sorcery points, then take a short rest. Your pact magic refreshes, your sorcery points and spell slots are unchanged. Repeat for an arbitrarily large number of sorcery points, which can be converted into an arbitrarily large number of sorcerer spell slots. You never have to take a long rest due to AotM.

Basically, 5e theoretical optimization. Similar to Pun-Pun if you're familiar with that, though less powerful.

So you're not new, you're just retarded.

Attached: 250grazztfeast.jpg (724x612, 466K)

I want to live vicariously through my Warlock/Sorcerer as a use to society and the center focus of a party and be the only optimized and interesting build in a party of people who can barely remember basic rules let alone make an effective character so whatever accomplishes that best is what I mean by best.

carrying people is never fun

It's either carry them or wipe every other week.

Fey Patron Chainlock (Owl), Eldritch Sight and Mask of Many Faces. Dip into Bard at your earliest convenience after that for some additional options.

Attached: 268.png (600x912, 898K)

they'll never learn if you coddle them

>115 is sort of reasonable, particularly if you can finesse it while wielding it in two hands.
You can. What would be more reasonable? I imagined due to the specific craftsmanship and difficulty of both balancing the weapons weight to still perform as well as a longsword must be tricky and cost more because of it.

Attached: 51HCR2ah5qL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 41K)

Except that Sorc points are limited by Sorc level.

Truthfully it's probably fine.

Good point, you have to convert them to spell slots, then make more. not the other way around.

you can just convert them into spell slots as you go

Could I ask a favour?
I was informed yesterday that character is temporarily dead by my GM and I have one day to make a new character.
Any character concepts I could use for inspiration?

How should a black dragon address the party? People? Prey? Worms?

What do you enjoy playing? I can shit out some ideas.

Dry apes

Would a Monk/Wizard/Fighter/Barbarian multiclass work?

Looking to try something new when starting at level 10 and was thinking about using this combination:

>Kensei Monk 3/Battlemaster Fighter 3/Bladesinger 2/Barbarian 1

Any help is much appreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=3RAkY4R691E

Only in very long engagements, which as we all know, are rather rare in most groups.

You're actively bottlenecking yourself in the action economy with such a wild combination.

If you're looking to have your stats all over the goddamn place, sure.

I know, I'm looking to play something that is crazy to play as. If anyone has any other combo's like this then I would love to hear them.

Hot Fuzz was, is, and shall remain the best Edgar Wright film

I'm adaptable but not a wizard. (I've played two recently) if possible it would help if they had done some detective work.

I think you're overreaching trying to make something extraordinary which will in the end leave you being less memorable than any pureclass character in the group.

I'd suggest going for odd combinations of race, class and background instead to not fuck with your usefulness in engagements and social play as much. I personally had a ton of fun with a Gnome Mage Knight recently, really playing up the knight background.

The Inquisitive rogue archetype from Xanathar's Guide is basically Sherlock Holmes on top of everything a basic rogue can do. Take a look at it.

I respect you opinion, however I believe his best film is Shawn of the dead. It has stronger character moments. But Hot Fuzz is funnier.

Attached: happy pig.gif (400x307, 38K)

well as long as we both agree it's not fucking At World's End

At World's End was such a disappointment compared to the other two. I mean it wasnt that bad but when you compare it to the others its dog shit.

At World' End was a good movie. It can't contest Hot Fuzz though.

Not that other guy but whadid at worlds end do wrong?

Hadar. Because it's an unbeatable entity who doesn't even think of life as a thing.

Filth

it just wasn't very funny

Its been too long since I watched it to give you a proper answer but it was just sort of worse compared to the others. It didnt really do characters or action or anything as good.

wingless scum

Some other guy here() World's End did nothing wrong. It just couldn't be better than Hot Fuzz.

I liked it better than Shaun of the Dead.

Well you are wrong sir.

Attached: funny.png (595x160, 23K)

Cool. I'll take a look. Thanks user!

Clearly there's just no arguing with you. Excuse me. I have to shut down global telecommunications now.

Why are you doing this? And why on Veeky Forums of all places?
I'm pro trans by the way. I don't think you are.

I like Acamar as it's basically a sentient black hole.

Alchemy or Herbalism?

lucky, then just re-roll you failures

Yeah man, those not quite Eldritch horror type things but still beyond the comprehension of mortals as an enemy are so good. How does one fight a black hole? A white hole maybe?

A really big Talisman of the Sphere?

I mean, that could be a fun bit of fluff for a setting: You've got a cult of wizards who're devoted to maintaining a ward against Acamar, focusing their will to slow his approach towards the world.

>Owl
Why?

Flyby help action

Yes, but you could get that on an imp or quasit. And get a shitton of bonuses too. Get a Tressym for a fey chainlock!

quasit can't fly

nigga chainlocks can literally have a fairy as a familiar

It can polymorph into something that can.

Exactly! Why choose a fucking owl?

During my campaign, the players will take part in a tourney.
The mechanics are pretty obvious and simple, but I'm struggling how to make it more interesting. Like, I've got all those different knights with different personalities ready, but how do I make fighting them more fun, and not just "Alright, I unhorsed the Black Knight, and now I'm gonna do absolutely the same thing with six other guys"?

Like, my first thought was the obvious - if the tourney is run with bracket rules, PCs could cheat and make the strong knight get food poisoning or something - but the thing is, I know my players well - they would never, ever cheat when honorable combat is involved.

Also, the tourney is divided into three different categories - melee, jousting and archery. Should those have separate champions, or should all categories earn you points for a single champion title?

Attached: Tourney got.png (1280x697, 1.92M)

For my first expertise I picked Stealth and Perception, because those are always very useful
For my second Expertise, what should I pick?

My Rogue is a Mastermind, maybe Deception and Insight? These are usually checks you don't want to lose
Or maybe the disguise kit?

"Mortals." Bonus points if the dragon styles itself as a god over its worshipful minions, but just coming from a position of either being an invincible elder or more likely taking as a foregone conclusion that it will become such is fine.

How do I stop playing a tiny sliver of the class pool? I've made and enjoyed
>Conquest Paladin
>Beserker barbarian
I've played warlocks, a hexblade, ranger, Monk fighter and rogue but I keep swinging back to paladin and barb and I fear I will make a DEUS musclegf pally soon

Attached: 1517698780417.jpg (1500x1937, 306K)

people choose owl for the flyby feature which allows them to move without invoking an attack of opportunity, so fly in help for advantage and fly to safety

>I've enjoyed berserker barbarian
How?