/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1521331430205.jpg (1600x9302, 4.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/zxha4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are your top 3 cyoas

Attached: tSNop6h.png (1600x2400, 1.71M)

Make your choices on this page before looking at the second page.

Attached: musicshopv2p1.png (640x900, 364K)

^

Attached: Universal War.pdf (PDF, 7.63M)

Attached: musicshopv2p2.png (640x1000, 382K)

Attached: Random Powers by Jaundice.pdf (PDF, 641K)

Hero Academy
Fulcrum
Third one tends to shift from time to time.

Attached: BEST FRIEND.png (2133x1920, 2.27M)

>Bass
>Amp
>Hardcase
>Drum Machine

So I'm a bishie vampire, with improved motor skills and resiliency who'll master his powers a little faster. Could have been much, much worse.

Pic related, Village, and World of Night.
There are so many good ones, though, it's hard to choose. Honorable mentions for Within a Dark Forest, Fortune's Cookies (minus cryptocucking), and Adventures in the Orient.

Attached: Royal Guardian 1.png (1400x6300, 6.44M)

Attached: Royal Guardian 2.jpg (1400x6000, 7.85M)

Attached: Royal Guardian 3.png (1400x3500, 3.84M)

I could never narrow it down to just three, but the ones that made me really love cyoas are Battlemage, Traveller, and Monster Hunter

Quality cyoa

Create A Saber, The Village and Dream of Genie

Attached: EldritchBloodlineCYOA01.jpg (1200x3650, 3.75M)

Attached: EldritchBloodlineCYOA02.jpg (1349x10000, 7.28M)

Attached: EldritchBloodlineCYOA03.jpg (1200x8238, 5.21M)

Attached: Hunter CYOA p1.jpg (1600x3499, 5.18M)

Attached: Hunter CYOA p2.jpg (1600x3499, 6.06M)

Attached: Hunter CYOA p3.png (1600x3499, 6.46M)

Attached: Hunter CYOA p4.jpg (1600x3499, 5.41M)

Attached: Hunter CYOA p5.png (1600x3499, 6.63M)

From the author of Tank Crew CYOA comes a new breed of companion! Welcome to a new stage of history, filled with tall tails and pawful puns.

Thank mew all for your patience and feedback. I hope you enjoy this OC (original cat) and I'm now officially out of cat puns.

Attached: Designer Palico1.png (1280x8110, 6.42M)

Weird. Just got finished playing Monster Hunter World, even.

If anyone has that steampunk/fantasy cowboy cyoa, please post it. I think it was by felix or something

Attached: alein abduction with twileks.jpg (1224x8340, 3.64M)

OC from last thread incoming, some would consider comfy.

Attached: 1521331506856.jpg (1379x7370, 3.87M)

Attached: 1521331771395.jpg (1379x6727, 3.53M)

Attached: 1521331899244.jpg (1379x5480, 3.01M)

Mystery box

Attached: 1521331971053.jpg (1379x982, 462K)

>Role
Bodyguard
>Kingdom/Charge
Sorolona, protecting Sira.

Tokens: 14 Personal, 10 Leadership, 5 Intrigue

>Personal Powers
Max Superhuman Agility (11)
Max Enduring Lifeforce (8)
Max Wherever Needed (5)
Legendary Weapon (4)--a very thin, almost frail-looking dagger, about 10 inches long and only a little wider than 1 inch at its base, tapering gently. Most of the blade is a dark but lustrous grey; the double edges are stained crimson, some unknown and perhaps magical metal granting an extraordinary sharpness that never seems to dull. Although no lighter than would be expected for its size, the dagger grants its wielder a gift of improved reflexes, both in body and mind.
Legendary Armor (3)--an unassuming hooded cloak, at first glance more proper on a monk than a bodyguard. Outwardly, it appears to be of rough, brown cloth, but the inside lining of the hood is pure black, and almost exudes darkness onto the wearer's face at times, which can be unsettling or even frightening in a pinch.
Master of the Wilds (2)
Arts of Arcana (1)
1st Level Superhuman Durability (0)

>Intrigue
Uncanny Senses (4)
Arts of Alchemy (2)
Unnatural Stealth (1)
Unassuming Shape (0)
Power of the Mind (-2)

>Leadership
Magical & Historical Education (8)
Combat Veteran (7)
Environmental Degree (6)
Chest of Gold (5)
Secret Hideout (4)
Resurrection Stone(3)--both given to Sira
Personal Steed (2)--a small pigeon, with a wary disposition towards anyone but me or Sira.

Earl Jorn Blackbay (0)
Mikhail Jansen (-2)

>Challenges
Primary Suspect (+2 Leadership)
Shadow from the Mount (+2 Intrigue)

I have a taciturn demeanor towards all but those closest to me, although I can be sociable if the occasion calls for it. My duty is to the nation, through my charge--and I will serve at her side for as long as she lives, which may be quite long indeed if the Queen is any indicator. We may well be the only two from the court who survive the passing of time.

I Dream of Jeannie
Black and White
Waifu Hatred

Attached: Waifu hatred.png (1400x3666, 2.26M)

>comfy
Sure. Also black text on a grey background like that is annoying to read.

Attached: you have died of dysentary.png (500x500, 7K)

humor/silly cyoas are my kryptonite.
I love them

Attached: Waifu hatred box.png (900x630, 493K)

How the fuck do you misspell dysentery when it's in the image you saved, retard?

I just did an image search for it, and found an image that wasn't terrible on a t-shirt site, original filename was.
>you-have-died-of-dysentary-t-shirt-textual-tees.png
I only removed the t-shirt reference and the hyphens.

>dysentary

lol

Oh my, I feel awful. I was worried I had driven you off, along with some other z
Authors. I will make as build as all must die.

>Melynx
>Homebody
>Straightlaced
>Smart

>Frypan
>Simple Clothing

>Insect Cages
>Mess Kit

>Finyancial Advisor
>Housekeeping
>Maneki-Neko

Thank you for the Cat Butler

Good CYOA

Attached: EB01-019EN-C.jpg (273x401, 29K)

Nah, I haven't been driven off; just fell out of my creative streak for a while and had to ditch the projects I had going.

I have a few new ideas that I've been working on in the shadows, and thanks to CYOA Studio automating most of the fiddly parts of the process, I might actually be able to release some of them. That said, Tank Crew might be the 'fanciest' CYOA I'll ever make, in terms of visual design; it took a lot out of me.

BUT! That's all speculation. Who knows what the future will bring?

Spymaster (5p, 6l, 12i)
Bleuria , Princess Esther (2p)

Superhuman agility 3 (-3p)
Superhuman intellect 3 (-3p)
Aura of Attraction (-1p)
Criminal intent 2 (-2i)
Seductive Form 2 (-2i)
Unassuming shape 2 (-2i) Of the 12 year old girl variety, pic related.
Unnatural stealth 2 (-2i)
Uncanny senses 2 (-2i)
Spy Network 1 (-1i)
Foreign Informants 1 (-1i)
Alana Hesberg (-2l)
Resurrection Stones (-1l)
Chest of gold (-1l)
Willhelm Delthak (-2l)

Forbidden Love (1p)
The bones of the Earth (4l)

Which I'll use to get
Earl Jorn Blackbay (-2l)
Corin Thenhall (-2l)
and Legendary Armor (-1p) +Intimdation Aura, Superhuman Durability

Bleuria is easy enough to defend, and it doesn't seem as though there's much political strife from within. Most threats are external, and with the combined military might of EJB, Corin, and Princess Esther, it will be easy as pie to fend off any would-be invaders, not to mention Alana creating amazing warfare innovations that will put us leagues ahead of any other nation and Willhelm providing the ability to mass-manufacture these innovations.

For The bones of the Earth, the strategy for me will be to immediately supply Alana with and Willhelm with some of my gold, enough to get them both started. Alana will begin making some kind of light-based weapon, as that is the only thing the creatures are afraid of. With these weapons, we'll send Corin's men, directed by EJB to end the menace within the earth. With exceptional men being lead by an exceptional military mind and all wielding the exact weakness of the creatures, this so-called "war" will be over before it's even begun.

As for me, I'll use my network of spies and superhuman intellect, stealth and senses to gain all the information I need to prevent my charge from being assassinated or otherwise usurped from the shadows. My seduction, intellect, and attraction will all be used for diplomatic purposes to ease tensions between our nation and others.

Attached: military.png (520x560, 281K)

For the "Forbidden Love" drawback, it'll be much easier if King Berthold is the one who falls in love with me, as I simply won't return his feelings. If Esther does, however, it might be a bit more tricky because she is quite the looker and you know I want that sweet sweet /u/. Perhaps I can find someone else quickly and devote myself to them so that there's on chance of this drawback ruining my run.

The gold I have will also be used to buy myself a good weapon from Alana and buy myself some decent living quarters if the state doesn't provide one for me. Should I have to engage in some kind of direct battle, my armor, intimidation and incredible agility will serve me well in disorienting and demoralizing my enemies. My superhuman intellect will also help me devise great strategies and change them on the fly if need be.

Attached: re.jpg (748x1137, 131K)

Looks interesting. My thoughts:

1. Destinations - Most are pretty good, but mountains are an inferior tundra. It doesnt stand out like the rest of the options.

2. Transportation - Vardo's text implies it should be slow speed, and Steam Car implies it should be fast speed. Both would make the options more unique. Mule Cart is pretty meh, giving a 4th companion would make it more enticing. Or even a 5th companion - it doesn't come with as good of beasts of burden, after all.

3. Supplies - Rations could be made more interesting by either increasing speed if you have enough, or decreasing speed if you don't have enough.

4. Equipment - Ideally something related to all skills would appear in either supplies or equipment.

5. Weapon - Looks fine.

6. Skills - Husbandry is a little weird given you can't bring chickens, but you can domesticate animals so it's still applicable.

7. Rest of pg 2 - Season section is boring, dreams are interesting - a few more would spice it up even more.

8. Companions - They suck. I don't feel like I need them and that a random dude on the street could be more useful. Ideally choosing between them would be the difficult part (like the dreams and curiosities), not having to choose which baggage you're forced to bring along.

9. Hazards - Hostile Natives are pretty much game over. Your group is 4 people at most, likely only 2 of which can fight. Hostile Natives are probably, what, minimum of 100? 20 of which are probably badass? Protectors dream only works near a structure you built. Only way Hostile Natives can work is if the natives are also attacking each other, and you're forced to pick a side. Which sounds cool.

The hazards all suck, but not in a bad way. The journey is supposed to be difficult.

10. Omens - Purely negative choices aren't fun. What are fun are challenges with potential rewards for successful completion. Not only survive Bloody Sunrise, but not kill anyone in a conflict? Get something special.

Ramina deserves so many hugs.

>durability, speed, strength, agility, intelligence, and charisma are seperate options
>what you don't pick remains as you are now

PLEASE DONT DO THIS!

Attached: 1483043700066.png (765x758, 35K)

>making cyoas for anyone other than straight 18-28 year old white males with average looks and skills

why would anyone do that

Attached: ancuck.jpg (562x504, 37K)

attached is #2. #1 is Universal war , and #3 is the yet to be released Traveller by Highlander.

>Shakalaka
They look gutsy enough. I also like weirdos

>Purrsonality: Brave, Straight-laced, Pure and Smart
Classic Tarzan goes to a city, minus much of the awkwardness "Dumb" would bring

>Weapon: Spear Frypan
I won our battle fair and square with the help of a laser pointer and a tub of icy cold water, he's my maid now

>Armour: Acorn
...they work as drums too, who knew?!

>Gimmicks:
>Bomb Barrel
First order of business is cleaning up all the rubble from my apartment and rebuilding it back into what it used to be...
>Mess Kit
At least we won't starve easily.

>Skillsets: Loyal Defender and Innawoods Expert HippoCATic Oath and Housekeeping
You're gonna do what you're told until you fix my apartment house mansion. Then, maybe we can talk.

Attached: starryKnights.pdf (PDF, 5.37M)

Solar Inheritance, Domain Master, Mentor Lover Friend Rival

Overlord, God of Comfort and Village

>Mentor Lover Friend Rival

uhhh how did you pick your lover none of the girls were appealing to me

Attached: gafff.jpg (173x228, 10K)

>not making cyoas for genderfluid pansexual ageless soulkin

It's 2018, sweetie. The more options, the better.

Attached: 1494928141218.jpg (239x211, 5K)

Evala, obviously. The confidence mixed with vulnerability I found very appealing.

Attached: MLFR.jpg (1576x9410, 7.5M)

>that guy who didn't pick one lover+rival

Attached: 1520304328420.png (542x512, 52K)

We really need to start eliminating these inbred wojaks, they're multiplying at a startling rate.

The writing isn't that great for a cyoa like this, sadly.

Relax, sexy. How about you point me towards a fun cyoa?

Attached: 1520430564390.jpg (1000x1000, 124K)

It's not bad. I struggle to think of an example of a non-waifu CYOA with better, relatively brief, companion descriptions. I'm sure there are some that just aren't immediately coming to mind, but looking at this doesn't make me immediately think "eh, I've seen better"

>Mentor Lover Friend Rival
Low tier, but at least you didn't say Altering History

>tfw your favorite cyoas will never not be cyoas.
It hurts bro.

The other two are nsfw.

Attached: CatBreak.jpg (1200x9500, 1.84M)

Attached: Wizzards.png (800x1000, 1.78M)

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be reposting in a second with fixes/updates. A few thoughts in response:

1. I thought the seasons bit was ok? what about it is boring?
2. I might add more animals. Chickens are a good idea.
3. You're not the first to mention the companions issue. I haven't made a cyoa with them in before. I'm a big fan of choices with benefits and drawbacks, which is what I've gone for here. I still think each one is a net positive, but I'm open to suggestions for improvements.
4. Hostile Natives are not automatically violent. Plus, each area has different population levels. You'll not meet a tribe of 100 in the tundra. Plus, you can fight off a lot of people with no guns if you have a gun. Or so I'm told.
5. Omens are a pure negative, and I think that makes the cyoa more fun. Part of the theme is coping with adversity and you're given a lot of resources to do that. The inclusion of uncertainty raises the stakes and hopefully the tension. That was the intent there.

Thanks again for the feedback. Helps a lot.

>Jack

I'm making a build as soon as I get home. Loving the romance options so far.

Attached: bueno.jpg (600x607, 72K)

The companions are *barely* more help than harm, if you squint in the right light. The tipping point, though, is that you also have to FEED them by bringing along extra food, like they don't even have their own horse to carry rations. If you removed that requirement they'd be more tolerable, I feel.

>Western Coast
>Mule Cart, Beast of Burden
>Rations, Planks, Spare Parts, Hardware, Plough, Anvil, Tent, Luxuries, Basic Tools
>Prospecting Tools, Metalworking Tools, Woodworking Tools, Traps, Lanterns, Fishing Gear, Instrument, Doctor's Bag, Books
>Farming, Medicine, Diplomacy, Metalworking
>Music, Spring, Monsters, Adventure, Peace Pipe
>Phyllis, Rebecca, Miranda, Dog
>Sound Schematic, Confusing Trail, Rough Terrain, Bad Weather, Discord, Mischievous Spirits, Cryptids, Dark Night

Depite seeing the need for a more mundane use of her skills Rebecca grumbles about replacing the cart's axle for a third time. Phyllis has managed to catch a fever staying out in the pouring rain again (though the catch was particularly big) depleting my stocks still further. Miranda keeps offering me mystic remedies from the woods, I accept whatever Dog can stiff without growling. Spirits are running low, things are going missing across the camp, Miranda's warnings of something in the darks might be true and our supposed curse is keeping the formerly friendly natives at a distance. My music takes the edge off and I've freed up some luxuries reserved for trade or the peace pipe but we won't feel right until we see the ocean stretching to the horizon.

The first years will be tough but assuming that the natives are willing to deal with us again we'll get by. The farm plot will be fertilised by leftover fish bones, well built/ploughed and tended to with homemade farming tools. Getting the metal to make those tools will be tricky but with Miranda's dowsing, the books' know-how and some strapping lads from the tribes I'll have a well supplied workshop. I'll have already made a cold iron knife on the way to fend off the cryptid so selling a couple more should be possible. Eventually I expect that wanderlust will get the better of me. I can use some of the larger planks that I've hoarded and whatever cloth I can lay my hands on to build a boat and continue my exploration.

No Traveler PDF? Disappointed in you /cyoag/

Attached: Traveler's Tale.pdf (PDF, 1.2M)

You can hunt/forage/fish on the way for food if you have the tools/skills. This is not rigidly defined in the mechanics, but I tend to focus more on story with the stuff I make. The food requirement is intended to make the Mule Cart / Covered Waggon choices more attractive as you don't have to sacrafice valuable inventory to feed your buddies. You can always go alone if you'd rather, but I feel like even a marginally compitent human is better than nothing. You could always eat them if you change your mind.

Also, I don't think the mountains are a weaker tundra. I just re-read my descriptions and they seem pretty different to me.

It's really hard to pick 3, I almost want to separate it into three one-page CYOAs and 3 longer.

Gonna call it Royal Revival, Black & White, and Eldritch Bloodline with honorable mentions of The Village, War of the Zodiac Brides, and Limbo/Reject Roommate. There are some new ones that could crack the list like In the Wake of the Dawn but I'll have to see how they age.

Beri's witch cyoa, Beri's summoner cyoa, and Branching Hearts

chill zone time stop, perpetuance protocol pod program and horseman's kingdom. I think i would need more choices as here are plenty more that i like a lot, but i i had to choose no matter what these would be the three i enjoyed the most

>I'll be reposting in a second with fixes/updates
Cool. Was working on a build but I'll wait a bit longer and see what changed.

OK: Pioneer CYOA OC 1.1 here. First round of changes as follows:

Changelog:
1. Added more to destination descriptions, especially about minerals
2. 2 new speeds, sluggish and quick. Hazard numbers displayed in vehicle description
3. 1 more passenger for mule cart
4. Rifle now double cost
5. Fixed some minor stuff in the text, mostly trying to put key words and phrases in bold throughout.
6. Pottery, Tailoring and Weaving now only cost half a point each.
7. A few minor tweaks to omen descriptions.

Keep the feedback coming, it's great. I'm open to most ideas for changes as long as they don't fundamentally alter the tone. I'll also gratefully take tips on formatting, so long as they don't require hours and hours of work. My graphic design skills are pretty much non existant.

Enjoy

Attached: Pioneer CYOA part 1.jpg (1379x7370, 3.91M)

Part 2

Attached: Pioneer CYOA part 2.jpg (1379x6727, 3.54M)

Part 3

Attached: Pioneer CYOA part 3.jpg (1379x5480, 3.01M)

Mystery Box

Attached: Pioneer CYOA Mystery Box.jpg (1379x982, 463K)

Nice build dude, love the (almost) pacifism run. Mule cart has got a slight buff, as well as the Western Coast.

Could you put in engineering or something too?
Cuz I like the idea of being a 18th century inventor making steam powered machines on the frontier.

Village, Road Trip, Skeleton Gangrape.

Attached: genie 1.jpg (1280x6343, 3.71M)

Attached: genie 2.jpg (1280x7529, 3.82M)

Attached: genie 3.jpg (1280x7217, 3.93M)

Metalworking gives you Engineering(minor) for free, so to speak. I'm pretty happy with the skill set thusfar but I'm 99% sure I'll be making expansions for this one. Not entirely sure what they'll be but I've sunk too much creative juice into the thing to be able to just leave it alone.

Watch this space.

Attached: genie 5.jpg (1280x4534, 2.49M)

I'll be honest, it's a bit too unpleasant of an experience for me to actually want to do it. Unpleasantness is okay if it ends up with something good, but right now it feels as though the "reward" is to live a hard life of labor in isolation with a few friends that you imported, until you die of dysentery.

It's a well crafted CYOA, and a good idea, but it just feels too harsh and punishing. Each stage just seems to make things worse; the omens at the end (Oh, a harsh life in an unforgiving land isn't bad enough: have a curse, too!) were the final straw for me.

If you want technical criticism, it's not clear how preparations interact with hazards. Like, to what extent does the easy journey prep mitigate the hazards along the way, for example.

Overall, I think the harshness needs to be made less so. Not necessarily by changing the tone, but maybe making the curses give extra Curiosities or Skills, instead of being mandatory.

Not OP, but motivation actually deals with that. Choose Tranquility, and your life will be more comfy (sans modern pleasures)

Where's page 4?

Fair enough mate. Most people think my stuff is too harsh/punishing. I accept that it's not everyone's cup of tea and not playing is a perfectly valid choice, that's why I like to include it within the CYOA itself.

Frontier life is tough, no question about it. One of the reasons I included the motivation choice option was to get the player to really think about why they might want to start a new life on the Frontiers:

A fresh start lets you make of it what you will without being affected by game mechanics.
Adventure gives you more risk/reward
Freedom makes your life harder, but lets you rise to the occasion in a classic freedom/security trade off
Tranquility helps you let go of your material desires should you wish to
Prosperity helps you get rich
Finally, None of Your Business lets you tell the Land Ordinance officer where to go.

I'd describe a CYOA as a story with mechanics. That's what I find so facinating about them, and what I strive to produce.

There's no page four. I just accidentally renamed it 5

Altering History, Fictionland and the Conveniences pentalogy.

Some honorable mentions are:
Hunter, A New Magical Girl, Chill-Zone and Time Magic.

Imagine several artifacts. One artifact allows user to learn impressive combat magic. Another artifact turns user into a skilled assassin. A third artifact gives user a pet dragon. Are these things equal/fair? How would you balance magical power, physical power, and external power?

Attached: 1521192046374.gif (500x384, 487K)

>Minimoog
>Drum Machine
>Hardcase
>Accordeon

Hail Satan, bitch, I'm immortal!
Suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiick(once I grow one)

>A fresh start lets you make of it what you will without being affected by game mechanics.
Wait... are you implying that "a fresh start" lets you decline to pick a curse (which would be game mechanics)?

Dream of Genie
Dream Prince
Gifted

Only on that specific choice. It provides you with a neutral option. All Pioneers set out under a bad omen, at least according to the Land Ordinance Officer, but he does take a particular shine to you. Not everyone gets given a curiosity.

>How would you balance magical power, physical power, and external power?

Make sure no power isn't better than the other in what the other is supposed to be the best, e.g. limit the magic shit with long (and breakable) channeling or complicated rituals so you can't just summon a magic shade to assasinate shit for you or cast fireballs with a snap of your fingers.

The external power (the pet dragon) has to be objectively stronger than the other two in ideal conditions but also the most vulnerable overall

Order vs Chaos, Power Armor, Domain Master/Monster Hunter.

Attached: HWT 1 - Ready.jpg (1278x6625, 6.48M)

Attached: HWT 2 - Fight.jpg (1278x4000, 4.92M)

Towers of Ancirai Version 1.1 - Ultimate Overhaul

>3 new Arts for existing weapons
>added ultimates for different playstyles(e.g. tank gauntlet, charge greatsword)
>up/downshifted some arts
>new weapon type: cannon
>increased Essence to 17
>new Brands: Watcher & Vampire
>3 new Ascensions, replaced some required Arts
>6 new companions, changed a few builds new content

>Web version + images
ufile.io/zxha4
Tracks stats, unlocks & Ascensions for you.

31 characters to creep on is enough ...right?

Attached: Towers_1_1_p1.png (1170x7795, 7.96M)

The number of attempts it takes to upload large files is ridiculous.

Attached: Towers_1_1_p2.png (1170x7036, 6.61M)