Warhammer novels

Some bloke told me i would have better luck here for this instead of /v/, so here goes

I wonna read some good warhammer, i like warhammer, i hoped y'all had some recommendations.
I dont care if its 40 k or the old world

Attached: 35787hd.jpg (1280x804, 268K)

Eisenhorn/Ravenor and the Ciaphas Cain novels are pretty popular for 40k, while the Gotrek and Felix series is the most popular for fantasy. Not as much out for Age of Sigmar yet, and the Horus Heresy novels are another beast entirely.

>Fantasy
Gotrex and Felix series
The Sundering omnibus
Vampire Wars omnibus
Malus Dark blade omnibus
The Blackhearts series
Knight of Brettonia series

>40k
Space Wolf omnibus
Fabius Bile: Primogenitor
Eisenhorn Omnibus
Ravenor series
Gaunts Ghosts omnibus
Lord of Night

PS: oh and Ciaphas Cain, almost forgot the best 40k series

You have a god list already here, i wpuld just like to add Skarsnick. Its a good book but the main character is a goblin. So its doffeent from other books youll come across.

I dont read much fantasy but The Dwarves series was pretty fun. I see you've got a bunch of good series recommendations here already but I'd like to throw in a few really good stand alone novels that you can finish over a long weekend.

Titanicus by Dan Abnett
Fire Caste by Peter Fehervari
Death of Integrity by Guy Haley
Gunheads by Steve Parker
Storm of Iron by Graham McNeil
Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe (Easily one of the 5 best WH40k novels)
Wrath of Iron by Chris Wright
The Last Days of Ector by Guy Haley (this one is a novella though)
Cadian Blood by ADB

Honestly, a bunch of the earlier Space Marine Battles novels were pretty good stand alone books that all focused on the same theme but weren't interconnected narratives.

Death watch xeno hunters it’s a bunch of short stories but they are amazing

Fire Caste is utter kino.

If you want a good perspective on CSM/Renegades, I recommend checking out the Night Lords trilogy by Aaron Demski-Bowden.

I hear he’s got a new novel coming out soon about Tyranids that’s in the same style of Fire Caste but I’m not sure

Pretty much everything by Haley, but my heart goes to his Baneblade serie, with its short novels. It's Band of Brothers + Fury in 40k.
Dark Imperium and Devastation of Baal are also a good picks to understand what's going on in the new 40k universe.

Everything by Wraight is good as well.

Eye of Medusa by David Guymer is top tier, Iron Hands have never been scarier.

Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyons is one of the most Grimdark 40k novels, top notch. Just be ready for depressing stuff. Down amongst the dead men and Left for Dead by the same author are shorter but equally grimdark.

Deathwatch and Rynn's World by Steve Parker are also top picks, one for the bro-ness and deathwatch fluff and the other for the best Crimson Fists novel.

The Castellan Crowe by Annandale is really good as well. Manages to not make him a Mary Sue, instead making him scary as shit to mortals.

The Night Lords serie by ADB is a safe pick as well.

On a related note, Red Tithe by Robbie McNivven fautures NL as well, but most importantly Carcharodons.

And then just read Lexicanum for more fluff and to hear about novels that might interest you really.

Addendum, pdf related is really good. Everything a novel about an unknown chapter should be.

Attached: Umbra Sumus.pdf (PDF, 1.41M)

Ignorant Armies is your starting point for Oldhammer fiction.

>Fantasy
Malus Darkblade
Rise of Nagash Omni
The Sundering Omni

Don't see it mentioned yet, but I like Graham McNeil's Ultramarines novels. In terms of the other novels/series based on specific Marine chapters, this one actually does a pretty good job of looking at the duties of an Ultramarine, how the work, why they work that way, and whether they should be as a result following the codex that closely or not. So it kinda takes the convention of Ultramarines being the guys that follow the rules to a tee, and often has some kind of climax moment where the opposite happens, which can lead to particular repercussions. The other well known, well loved book McNeil did for 40k, Storm Of Iron even ties into the events of these books (it takes place before the third one.)

Also dropping another vote for Ciaphas Cain, cuz at the end of the day:

Funny, goofy Warhammer>>>>>>>>>Serious Warhammer

I enjoyed Priests of Mars and it's two follow up books.

>Malus Darkblade
Top tier choice right here

They just released the spiral dawn book which is a bundle of the genestealer cults short novel and the short cast a hungry shadow. In November 2017 they released greater evil short, which was very good. Dunno if anything else is on the horizon but fehevari’s entire blacklibrary bibliography is KINO and should all be read as they all feed into one another as part of his dark coil plot

Red Tithe by Robbie MacNiven was a solid read.
I personally liked Helsreach by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.
The Blood Angels omnibus (ignore the second book in the collection, it's shit).

>Everything is kino
>Shit taste
Go back to /tv/

Are you seriously saying that fehevari’s work with bl isn’t some of the best they’ve published? That he doesn’t have a flair for writing and his books can be considered good beyond the genre they’re based in? Like for real?

Not much of a Blood Angel fan but I was pleasantly surprised by Devastation of Baal.

The Mephiston and Lemartes by Annandale are both pretty good as well imo. It thought it was a shame we didn't see Lemartes in Devastation and that Mephiston wasn't as scary in Devastation as he was in his own novella. He goes to to toe against Doombreed after all.

damn if its already out I've got to get it. I'm a big fan personally but I get if other people in the thread aren't.

I made a post earlier about the stand alone novels but I've come back after thinking about it a little bit, I bet if you wanted a place to start you might enjoy some of the novels coming out about the Emperor's sons, The Primarchs? It's not so much 40k as it is 30k but it provides an insight into the early days of some of the most important figures in the 40k setting. I personally can tell you the Fulgrim, Magnus the Red, and Perturabo ones are really good but I've heard good things about the Roboute Guilliman one as well but haven't read it. Alternatively, the other big series that's not 40k or Heresy is the one about The Beast, it starts off with "I Am Slaughter" by Dan Abnett which is fantastic. I dont think you'll find many who disagree that Abnett is one of the best writers for Black Library right now and I've seen his name pop up a few times in the list already. I could give individual authors like Wraight and Haley and Thorpe for you to check out but I feel like I've contributed a solid amount already and I'll end by backing up Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyons (or Ice Guard, his earlier work) as really good Imperial Guard novels as well. Hope you find something you like out of all the suggestions!