Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Kevin Chin Edition

Previous Thread : Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed)

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Malign Portents Stories
malignportents.com/story/the-clockmakers-tale/
malignportents.com/story/rodbuls-last-fight/

New books

>Callis and Toll The Old Ways
mega.nz/#!JNJiwSLZ!HM0fIa9VjF2hWWpJOS0fymB6kd944VYdHmrk7yKQ2N4

>The Tainted Axe
mega.nz/#!QRx1gIwS!X3bvo8LQgV6V1Q12C2Y5dnM3m4lF5IkvxTKMzdQuazs

>The Witch Takers
mega.nz/#!5URyAJTZ!edeqlJAaUNRXsDVBHyGuyL5g3JXlbLej0Ug_oY7qtao

>Thread Question
What rules do you feel like is a step forward for the game?

Attached: gA8UsbI.png (1127x629, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/sidwil
artstation.com/kingmong
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And yes I will be using Kevin Chin's art for the next couple of OP's
No you can't stop me from sucking his dick

His artworks are fine.

So Idoneth Deepkin cartoon trailer when ??

Looks like corsairs might get a new lease on life? I might grab a box now

There's no precedent for one of the microfactions getting namechanged with a new release. If corsairs were going to be part of the deepkin they would have been called Scourge Privateers rather than Idoneth.

LOL

He is like the only good new artist

[Laughs in model slaying]

Attached: 99029999074_CitadelWoodx3Bundle.jpg (920x950, 129K)

His armies look cool too.

Soon

Attached: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (400x513, 26K)

>tfw got no face because chin did no lizard and the best artwork is in the khorne book

Attached: aa0612e1301165af2d7644cad09d41298b9f21fe.png (3072x1006, 5.24M)

Pedro Nunez does good work

Attached: Malign-Portents.jpg (1200x800, 71K)

is this the same guy making the archeon comic in the battletome?

Igor Sid also does good work
artstation.com/sidwil

Yeah
lartstation.com/kingmong

Attached: igor-sid-04-spirit-of-durthu-bestiary.jpg (1567x2000, 894K)

TZEENTCH BOYS FUCK HARD

Attached: lord-of-change-duncan1.jpg (939x542, 127K)

Just won a game against Legion of Nagash. One more point for attacking Nagasizzar!

Attached: 97049361-82A2-4D7B-91C7-9EF0C8D932C9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

Someone help me.
I'm starting to kind of like stormcast after reading more lore and I think I want an army of them

What are some good stormcast novels?

Plague garden is pretty good

Get ready for everyone to hate you

Attached: F9261EDD-1A43-4837-B646-77862773D62C.png (1533x623, 1.45M)

>Igor Sid also does good work
kek.

Plague Garden
The Thostos Books
Gate of Azyr was fun imo

Also the only people who cares about actively hating SC are on the internet like what you like faggot

???

Attached: igor-sid-smith-tribute-v02.jpg (840x1200, 121K)

So how do I make an army built off tons of these guys

the audio drama with them and Manfred is fun

How do I get a decent looking glowing eye effect on my skeletons? Every time I try it looks like a mess

How's it possible to enjoy Stormcast by reading their lore?

It's just so awful.

Thanks for the links.
Just realized that Chin has done basically all the recent 40k I like, and all the AoS.
They need to pay that guy more

because the actual lore is ton better then the law people like you presume that it is.

Adrian Smith has been doing work for GW since the 80's. Why would they need the poundland version?

>free 2 unsaveable D3 damage every turn
absolutely foul and disgusting

Is it worth buying the malign portents book for lore thats included?

Are the extra rules included interesting? I have a fear its just one of these things that might be wild whacky shit that no one will want to use anyway,

What is the reason for Sylvaneth Treelord?
Both Treelord Ancient and Spirit of Durthu seem a better choice

>I have a fear its just one of these things that might be wild whacky shit that no one will want to use anyway,

It is exactly this.

Yeah they are good. Lore's good too.

>Is it worth buying the malign portents book for lore thats included?
Not really

>Are the extra rules included interesting?
Kind of. If you plan a campaign with your friends or you play often with Realm rules and want new ones, then yes.
They are fairly interesting.

>3 Wounds
>4+ Save
>3+ Hit
>3+ Wound
>-1 Rend
>Multi attack

Attached: Beyond Mad.jpg (125x125, 3K)

How are you going to get Treelord Ancients if there aren't younger Treelords?

user, i am purely asking about tabletop usability, not lore reasons

Day of smelting will come user.
One day we will see goldboys under our heels

Attached: aos virgin chad.png (2282x988, 566K)

Paladin protectors and knight azyros are the only aesthetic sigmarines
THE ONLY

enjoy watching your armies melt before even reaching Nagashizzar.

Half of them will die from super-speed aging, the other half will be so weak by the time they get there that even some lowly zombies would rip you apart.

It's been explained time and time again that Nagashizzar is explicitly NOT for the living, so why does your monkey brain want to go charging in? What you're doing is essentially "oh god bad stuff is happening! It must be Nagash, but before we know for sure we should attack his capital"

*venator

Woah its almost as if its a very slow 5-man unit that you can just avoid and shoot/cast at until dead.

Without Lightning Chariot most paladins are useless

Okay, so why are the Decimators posted every thread as of late? They've been out for ages by now and aren't even particularly good.

Vanguard stormcasts.

Checkmate atheists.

They can fucking teleport.

Why are you not playing Knights Excelsior Stormbros?

Attached: knights excelsior.png (645x453, 595K)

*Incinerates your Path*

Attached: extremis-1.jpg (1329x974, 290K)

I too am looking to build a stormcast army, but I dont want to use a stardrake. Maybe some dracoths. Any other suggestions for some solid units other than ?

trick option

only the birb horses are actually aesthaethick

I like the idea of their slow degeneration through the reforging. That each Stormcast begins, to all intents and purposes, as a super-powered mortal and gradually becomes more and more inhuman each time they die is really interesting to me; losing memories, personality flaws becoming exaggerated, finding themselves possessing strange languages no-one else can understand. That, combined with the fact they aren't as brainwashed and indoctrinated as Space Marines are, means you've got a lot more scope for creating cool characters with unique personality quirks than with GW's other posterboy faction.

I'm not sure I'd want a whole army of them, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a few units to ally in with my Sylvaneth and Daughters of Khaine.

You have a 50/50 chance for your Allegiance Ability to go off, so you can set up your paladins 9" away and HOPE you can get off that charge, otherwise they usually get obliterated the turn after deepstriking if your opponent isn't a retard

They're 200 points for five which isn't undercosted, especially since they have a shitty movement stat.

the models look retarded

Lord Castellant is awesome. I fucking love those lanterns.

Because, stick with me here....

PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERING OPINIONS. I for one love the Stormcast and their lore, and that's okay, just as it's okay to hate the Stormcast and their lore.

Just let people enjoy what they enjoy without being a condescending prick

You have literally no bad units. Pick some and go to town.

Someone asked how to deal with skeleton hordes and someone showed them the decimators a few threads ago. Then noobs read the rules for the first time and thought they were OP.

I heavily disagree

Attached: DSCF1507.jpg (1600x1255, 333K)

Thanks guys, appreciate the response.

The guys i play with aren't a fan of realm rules. They like it as bog standard as possible.

I heard rumours that the next aos edition would be adding in strategems and command points similar to what 40k has that they said malign portents also sort of has? No idea if thats bullshit on the rumour part but i dont see how malign portents has similar rules in it?

I don't think i'll pick it up and rather just wait for next aos edition.

Best dragon model of any fantasy or AoS army.

We have as much of an idea as you do, user.

Warbeast is an award winner. It's especially interesting because the focus is a story of a sce where his past life as a tribal leader and his current life as a stormcast clash and he is caught between these 2 lives.

These fuckos paint good

Attached: DSCF1500.jpg (1600x828, 184K)

That's not well painted, user. That's just some quick airbrushing and edge highlights.

There is no new edition on the horizon anywhere. Anyone who claims there will be is just wishful thinking. We do know there will be a new ghb likely around July. But that's not a new edition

Because I follow Gardus.

How might you bring back the worth while tomb kings modles? Which are mostly just the constructs I suppose.

>paint
looks like airbrush

You beat me to it. Same with the dragon the soybois are jacking it too.
Both those kits can be done to extremely well, but the examples they choose to make their point actively work against them

Airbrushing isn't painting?

That's egg on my face then

I'm not saying it will happen, but if it would, I would like to see settra come back as a direct competitor to nagash, so the entirety of death is not ruled by one god. It would make the grand alliance much more interesting

It's painting for the lazy.

It's lazy when used almost entirely as a shortcut. But good painters use it as a tool along with all the other tools we have for painting

Sorry i was wrong, i did indeed mean the next ghb.

but it IS painting though, right?

>I think its lazy, so it doesn't count as REAL painting

Gate-keeping trash like you is why our hobby stagnates

Attached: fh8fg7fy5fm01.jpg (820x960, 284K)

>airbrushing isn't painting meme
stop this. Yes those models posted are only ok and not great, but they still did their airbrushed highlights correctly and don't have dogshit OSL effects. Visually the models really needed more color, the yellow on the wings looks flat the banners at the bottom were very lazily done, and over the models are just way too dark and it looks like they missed detail on the wings and armor. An airbrush is just a tool and its use doesn't mean a model is either good or bad, despite the number of really dubious airbrush commission studios out there.

>they do it to save time therefore its lazy

Attached: mfw.jpg (640x610, 41K)

All this talk of airbrushing reminds me of something. Do any of you oldfags remember when Devlan mud was discovered to be a 'shortcut'? Good times.

Motherfucker I never said airbrushing isn't painting. I just said that those models aren't well painted.

>using any brush bigger than 00 is lazy
>not mixing your own paints is lazy
>not sourcing the pigments yourself from bugs and whatever else is lazy
>not sculpting your own models is lazy

Cool model. Stupid design. Those 2 rocks are roughly equal mass. How can you expect to get any real distance on that thing?

Airbrush is a tool like any other

If you don't finish with brush, yes. But using airbrush doesn't mean you are lazy per se.
Literally 95% of all the top tier painters use it along normal brush.

100% airbrushed does look lazy, it's fine for some things but using it exclusively is meh

I wish i knew how to airbrush, it seems expensive and you need to know what your doing to make it look good. The smooth blending of paint look alot better than what i can achieve with my brush and glazes. Maybe i'm just a retard which is quite likely but it doesn't look particularly easy to know how to do it.

lmao.
I love this shit.
this retarded model epitomizes Warhammer.
Newhammer sucks in comparison.

It's a custom model, user. Using the Mausoleum kit. Not an old model.

buttblasted, lazy airbrush faggots detected

>new Death faction
>Bretonnia undead knights
>might be supplemented with undead Cathay or Araby
How would user respond?

Attached: 71DC92FC-D782-4E3B-8D0C-CC3A7FEC5E1E.png (766x795, 516K)

every now and again I still see it referred to as "skill in a bottle" despite washes and glazes being a technique that was around for ages. I think the real reason is in the era before devlan mud, youtube was also not super big yet, and so a lot of people just didn't know how to use glazes and washes properly, and getting a pre-mixed bottle made things way easier for the beginners. I know back in the 2000s I had no idea about washes or glazes and built up color through tons of layers (making things worse is it wasn't until 2007 that I figured out to thin my paint).

an airbrushing setup can range between 50 USD and 200 USD depending on the quality of the airbrush and the compressor you buy. A tankless low-PSI compressor will be a lot less money, as will a cheap chinese made airbrush. There are a lot of great youtube channels that explain the basics. Whether or not you like his style of models, or his sideburns, Next Level Painting's beginner tutorials certainly do well to explain things. I can tell you that it just takes some practice like anything else. Practice on some sprues or cardboard if you aren't feeling confident. If you can draw, airbrushes are also frequently used for traditional 2d art, and the same airbrush will be good for both.

That already exists, user.

Attached: 60030207008_FleshEatersBattletome01.jpg (920x950, 99K)

I am 99% sure most of the people who hate airbrushes have an army that is not up to tabletop standard, with all details painted and your best attempt at shades, layers, and highlights.

Speaking of the Warbeast book, anybody know which gods are mentioned there?

I know theres Kronka as an aspect of khorne and there supposed to be Ursun too mentioned?

Mortuary Cult and Desert Legions factions as the new keywords in the latest GHB implied.

people like you have this retarded kind of pride that you cant use any other tool besides a normal paint brush because its not "the legit way to paint". its as stupid as complaining about a guy using a chainsaw instead of an axe