Question for a death watch/space marine campaign

Question for a death watch/space marine campaign.

How should I describe a battle between space marines and tau?

Attached: marine-tau.jpg (340x310, 23K)

Mobile and tacticool, firewarriors are trained soldiers and battlesuits are fast skirmishers. And remember marines are masters of shock and awe, so they just smash through crap.

Also Tau implment fall back tactics to not get mulched in Melee.

Lots of shooting, with very fluid lines of battle. The Tau get horribly massacred in hand-to-hand combat, and they have difficulty dealing with the posthuman Marines. They repeatedly underestimate the extremities the Space Marines can go to.

Meanwhile, the Space Marines are also stymied by the sheer amount of firepower that the Tau can bring to bear. Remember, though, that a single Space Marine is more than a match for a battlesuit.

small correction, the pulse rifle can pack the power to punch through SM armor so it's not lasgun-tier, and batllesuits have the same height than a dreadnought

>a single Space Marine is more than a match for a battlesuit
In the fluff, at least.

Attached: rafael-teruel-deathwatch-vs-taubattlesuits-warhammer-40000-by-rafater.jpg (1600x1191, 445K)

Those guys are armed with thunderhammers, which will absolutely one-shot XV8s on the tabletop. As for actual fluff, I've seen both Tau and Marine wank so it varies depending on the source and who's writing.

man with this new edition I really want to know how the tau have reacted when they first saw a custodes on the field. they must have shitted bricks until they sent a riptide to take him down

Well I'd assume we'd be using the Deathwatch numbers since it's for a Deathwatch campaign.

>Remember, though, that a single Space Marine is more than a match for a battlesuit.
Citation needed.

His ass user it's always comes from the ass

>Comment on how the imposing golden warriors who dwarf over Space Marines look even more impractical
>Start shitting iridium ignots when said golden warriors raped the Krootoxes to death with those spears of theirs and how they shredded a group of Ghostkeels
>Bring out Riptides
>LOADS OF RIPTIDES
>They somehow managed to defeat the golden warriors, but only one Riptide survived the encounter with critical damage
>Turns out those were only the Vanguards
>The real force appeared
>Aquilon Terminators teleport in
>Blueberries commit suicide because they don't want to die in such a overkill way

Read Rogue Trader book 2 and 3 to witness White Scars vs Third Sphere T'au then extrapolate.

And also to be confused when T'au have anti-Titan missiles that only work once.

I want this in a comic strip format

I honestly doubt the Tau have even seen a Custodes yet. They're just not important enough or a real threat to Terra yet.

When they do though?

They'll wonder why the Gue'vesa started kneeling down, crying, and praying. Then they'll see this impractical walking bank reserve of gold start raping everything and focus fire him down after some nasty losses - they'll be super excited and think they just killed the Emperor. Then the rest teleport in.

God forbid how they'll react when they meet Bobby G.

Bobby G will probrably do something really fag like giving them an ultimatum to not trespass upon the imperium borders anymore, rather than kill them outright, afterall he has bigger fish to fry.

The way I've always had space marines described to me is that, despite how they're used as a foot slogging ground force in tabletop, they're essentially surgical strike forces, with what said, shock and awe.
Tau set up defenses, marines drop right into the fucking middle of them and spread like fire on an oil spill. Tau have to concentrate fire into their own ranks while falling back.

>God forbid how they'll react when they meet Bobby G.
>Bobby G will make them straight. He'll tell them to stop annexing Imperial Worlds OR ELSE.
>Then he'll go to the Farsight Enclaves to tell Farsight the same thing (just in case).
>Find Farsight fighting Nurgle shits.
>Bobby joins in.
>Both are cautious of each other.
>After some time (and loads of tactical shenanigans), they both go and share a drink.

I think Rowboat and not!Char would like each other.

>Bobby G and Farsight bros for life

>Both are old as fuck
>Both are tacticians and pretty good commanders
>Both actually like to engage in close combat
>Both care for their kin (in Farsight's case, even if the Ethereals labeled him a traitor)

I honestly think that they will find both common ground and a liking for each other.

Until their friendship causes a shitstorm in both empires and civil war breaks on both realms

Now I'm sad. REALLY SAD. Or at least have the two have mutual respect for each other.

Isn't Farsight like a dread pirate roberts? Or is he actually Super Old now?

I like this picture. Really shows the marine's aggression

GW and BL are already heading to 'Imperium Civil War' because of all the radical changes Bobby G is implementing, his relationship with his waifu and Farseer-in-law isn't known outside of a very select group.

The Dawn Blade got fluffed as a “life force” leeching relic, so every time Farsight kills a living opponent he unwittingly adds another couple years to his own lifespan.
One of his lieutenants (Bravestorm?) is an honorary name being passed along though.

I just love the concept of the deathwatch a brotherhood of astartes from different chapters and primarchs brought to fight the perfidious xenos.
It's just awesome

I thought Bobby G presence alone was more than enough to stabilize the Imperium atleast the half he rules directly. If civil war was to happen I can see it happening in Imperium nihilus (the other half that is ruled by Dante) actually

The Civil War bit is pretty doubtful, but there will be conflict.

Certain elements of the High Lords were not happy, and some Marines have shown some discontent in regards to the Primaris (most notably Calgar).

He stabilized some parts temporarily, but now that all the joy of a Primarch coming back has worn off, parts of the Eccsleairchy are implied to be actively sowing discontent and Cawl's outright stated that the more traditional AdMechs are getting increasingly irate with all this heretical 'progress' he and his followers are committing. Eldrad even warns Girlyman that it's a very real possibility that the Imperium's fanaticism cannot be completely overcome.

Also some Astartes groups don't like Bobby G either, I think the Minotaurs are explicitly stated to be actively 'misinterpreting' him.

Does anyone have a rough estimation as to how durable battlesuits are? Battlesuits keep on confusing me all the time.

Attached: 40K-Feature.png (970x545, 960K)

Jack and the Scotsman friendship?

The power levels for marines and tau are extremely inconsistent and depends on whose codex the story takes place in.

Alot of what was said in this thread is true on the extremely mobile nature of the battle. But I want it be known that the White Scars and Raven Guard, two first founding chapters with an emphasis on SPEED and STEALTH only just manage to keep up with the Tau before losing operational if not strategically.

I just dont see how other more traditional or slower chapters could keep up when even these two were constantly on their toes.

Second point I want to say is that the Tau are seems to be one of the worst places to trade Marine lives for. The Tau as a force seems geared solely to kill Marines with their tech, doctrine and strategies. The Tau could certainly crank out more battlesuits in less time than it would to get even 1 single marine initiate,

Wait where did all this later info come from?

The Damocles books were complete T'au wank

Warzone Damocles was the same series where a Stormsurge casually took Titan-grade firepower without its shields buckling, Shadowsun beating an Assassinorum Agent and Khan (if we include the BL companion novels) in close combat, while heavily wounded by an initial assault in the first case, and a Vindicare Assassin being disoriented by a type of grenade it was specified to be immune to in the same novel.

Kauyon and Mont'ka, while we can see them as canon, should not be taken as the average turnout of events and relied on for reference, every faction has their 'easily stomp on the opposing factions at their own game' books and, if we were to take them all as acceptable sources for representing the average, the entire setting would fall apart in terms of power scaling.

Gents, I'm just working with what we have available.

I dont dislikethe Tau but when you have two faction that are meant to be super amazing and hyped, its hard to reconcile that together coherently and consistently.

The Tau military is basically an all IG storm trooper regiments with some implants and enhancements and supported by much better tech. All their weapon systems are made for cracking armour and being far away from close combat.

I mostly agree with your point (beyond the Stormtrooper part, T'au Fire Warriors are exceptionally educated, but are notably held back by their raw physical inferiority to Humans as warriors, they, of course, often make up for this with a strong emphasis on strategic training), and they are one of the more dangerous foes to fight, but I would argue that they are still below the higher-tier 'elite' threats like Eldar and Necrons in terms of anti-Marine capabilities, definitely near the top of the ladder, though.

THIS. Only who would be the Scotsman? Roboute?

That's exactly what I was thinking in terms of appearance and fighting style, but personality wise they differ a lot. But yes, Bobby G=Scotsman, Farsight=Jack, in fact Bobby even has a gun limb (combi power fist+bolter) and a giant fucking clan of look alikes. We need an drawfag STAT

Attached: jack_and_the_scotsman_by_lgliang-darj2yl.jpg (1024x728, 200K)

>The Tau military is basically an all IG storm trooper regiments with some implants and enhancements and supported by much better tech.

Fire Warriors are not anywhere near the level of human stormtroopers, as much because of their biology as their lifespans. They are physically weaker and have slightly worse eyesight than the average human (though not enough to be a major impediment) and they live half as long as a base human does - not including any of those who receive juve treatments. Fire Caste are also heavily augmented by their tech as a standard, with it being canon fact that without their targeting devices, markerlights, and senors, tau are not nearly as effective as base humans in a combat situation.

A Fire Warrior is, fully armed and armored, about as strong as a base human, and a Fire Warrior is a caste-bred soldier who grew up with the sole purpose of being a soldier. A Stormtrooper is about as "max potential" as a human can get before moving into transhuman augmentations, so by definition they will be significantly better even if they just had normal IG arms and equipment - which they don't.

Describe it in the most propagandistic and false way possible. The universe of 40k is a giant farce of disinformation, broken reports, lies, and propaganda. Everything is canon, but not everything is true. But then, true doesn't matter much.

Attached: damocles (1).jpg (760x1066, 127K)

Real question is what happens when a Tau diplomat meets big bobby g.

You are a fool for taking any written 40k material at face value. Everything in 40k is a bunch of lies. It's integral part of the setting.

"EXCUSE ME, BUT YOU MUST MEAN THAT IT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST DEEDS THE CHAPTER HAS EVER ACCOMPLISHED! AND IT WAS THANKS TO I, CATO SICARIUS, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT IS! AND I, CATO SICARIUS, WAS THINKING THAT IT WAS THE MOST RIGHTEOUS TIME TO REMIND YOU THAT I, CATO SICARIUS, TO BE YOUR RIGHTFUL HEIR AS THE NEW CHAPTER MASTER."

DAMN IT CATO GET OUT

Attached: not Alpharius.jpg (873x876, 792K)

He will probrably try to bring Guilliman to the greater good bullshit but the primarch will shut him down immediately, the diplomat will expect that and just go for more reasonable points, Guilliman wil just demand taht Tau stop expanding on Imperial space or suffer the consequences.

i say that we won't see any new spheres of expansion for atleast 2 editions.

Vroom vrrrrrrrrr
Pew pew
Pew pew pew pew
Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
For the- pew pew pew pew pew

With whole Necron Sautekh Dynasty in the middle? I don't think so. Any Imperial between the Necrons and the Tau is screwed. The only question is the 5th sphere which is on the Dark Imperium bit (which is doomed to fall).

Attached: galaxy-shadowbox (4).jpg (2000x1600, 378K)

The sphere or the dark imperium?

Cause dante and Gabriel fucked one of the expeditions that ended up on their side.

>I AM THE GREATER GOOD.

He's so big and blue, they might just buy it.

The Dark Imperium will fall. With the light of the Astronomican obscured, it will inevitably collapse and conquered by everyone else on the galaxy. It is inevitable.

> Dante being killed before he fulfills the prophecy

Sorry, not going to happen.

I've heard somewhere that in one of the new alpha legion novels, some normal people have been imbued with a fragment of the astronomican in the Imperium Nihilus

So there they have a bunch of small lighthouses to guide them in the warp.

Blood Angels, it's just a planet among a million worlds. A couple of planets may survive, but the northern side of the galaxy will be permanently lost.

Hope is the first step of disappointment. The narrative is set. While Guilliam may be able to save the southern section of the galaxy from annihilation, most of the worlds on the north will find no salvation.

BobbyG went on a reinforcement crusade across the darkside too. They have the ability to create primaris marines too.

I can't see GW writing off half the imperium.

Well, if we're going with the Damocles anthology fluff the SM are on par with Tau battlesuits 1 on 1, but regular fire warriors get absolutely wrecked both in shooting and melee
Mostly it would be a running battle from start to finish with assault squads and devastators against jet pack equiped battlesuits with tacticals being used mostly against infantry.
Although the novels have serious Tau wank, with fucking shadowsun duelling Ko'ssaro Khan(dude whose entire shtick is to kill special snowflakes) to a fucking draw with nothing but a fucking ta'lissera bonding knife

And then the Space Marines were all like "Raaargh, for the Emperor!" And then the T'au were all like "Oh no, please don't hurt me Mr. Space Marine." And then got super purged.

>the Tau'va is I

Said guilliman

And it failed. The southern part of the Imperium is too weak to save the north. It may hold for decades or centuries, but without the astronomican it can't hold itself or even be a coherent entity.

It is not a matter of getting better soldiers. It is that without the astronomicon there's No Imperium, just a bunch of isolated worlds with no contact, no way to reinforce, no way to coordinate their efforts, ready to be picked one by one.

nucrons still weird me out

> Lion comes back
> gets put in charge of the Dark imperium

Problem solved

Dante would bitch he would bitch hard

Nah, it's going to be space Jesus resurrected by the will of the Emperor, or some other mean that is analogous to the biblical texts. And he'll be the holy macguffin to open a route through the cicatrix maledictum.

He's not a portable astronomican, user.

>They are physically weaker

This has been retconned, because of course.

No it wasnt they are still physically weaker than humans

Nope. Apparently the average Fire Caste is as strong as the average human, just slower. Earth, Air, and Water however are all vastly weaker and are extremely fragile.

Guess all that melee pays off.

>Apparently the average Fire Caste is as strong as the average human
Yes, but their vision and reflexes are shit.

Yeah, all the Fire Caste are stronger, but just in one arm. From all that melee training they do.

>minotaurs
Forget Minotaurs. The Ultramarines themselves are getting shitty with him. Literally his own Chapter are not liking everything he is doing.

t. Tau Dicklets

sentinels or armored sentinels?

This makes the Xenos rage

Attached: Noshaysag+turl+buanopus_4e7da5_6353384.jpg (1200x2035, 285K)

I thought the Ultramarines were all "HAIL TO OUR GLORIOUS SPIRITUAL AND GENETIC LIEGE" and practically falling over themselves for Guilliman's attention and blessing?

They were. Then they realised he was not the perfect legend they had imagined, he started changing the Codex, he trampled on several beliefs they held, openly disdained Cato Sicarius and his entire group of followers (it took him decades/a century to get Sicarius to be less of an egotistical twat), and Marneus Calgar himself was even annoyed with the pettiest shit imaginable, being that a holy, sacred relic from the Great Crusade, a chair that Gilly used to sit in, was treated by him as a chair, and not as a sacred relic.

>a chair that Gilly used to sit in, was treated by him as a chair, and not as a sacred relic.

But... it's his chair. Shouldn't they be cool with him sitting in it? It's being used for it's sacred purpose of cupping Roboute's ass. Although I do recall it being mentioned in the books that Roboute is very confused by the worship given to him and his brothers and even wondering out loud if the most peacocking of his brothers could suffer through it.

Are the Ultramarines threatening to split because he turned out to be a man with flaws and a conviction to make things not shit?

Also I remember Girlyman being pretty freaked out by the flying cyborg babies. Or did I hallucinate that?

is marneus a fucking autist?

dante won't start a civil war with bobby G over being nice to xeno's because of half a books worth of character development that went towards spelling out that dante doesn't hate xeno's, he will crush any xeno's which threaten humanity but he understands xeno's and humans both just want to survive in a crapsack galaxy.

he hates the tyranids though. really if anyone is going to start a war it'll be the eldar picking a fight with the necrons and both races trying to drag the separate halves of humanity into it. those races have 60 million years of antipathy to work through. shame they can't realise how similar they both are.

Attached: Fuck I Actually Miss The War In Heaven.jpg (877x620, 65K)

But hypocrisy makes the best wars user.

>Also I remember Girlyman being pretty freaked out by the flying cyborg babies. Or did I hallucinate that?

You're right he did freakout about the cherubes he wanted to pick and actually improve on it or just destroy it he find the thing to be eerie.

Only one Craftworld is bothering to do shit about Necrons and they explicitly told the Ynnari (and by extension the possibility of alliance with the Imperium) to fuck off.

necrons are the only ones who are a worst threat to marines than tau because necrons are shooty on a level that would make tau scientists weep and almost fucking indestructible. oh and they're also a mechanised horde.

the eldar would probably be better at fighting the tau ironically because the tau simply have no answer to eldar precognition and they're both fast enough and sticky enough that simply falling back isn't an option, theres a reason that the tau lost so hard to the deldar when they first met.

It was probably the funniest part of that entire book to be honest. Everyone is trying to convince him flying dead cyborg babies are normal and Guilliman keeps going "No, no it's not..."

That wasn't necessarily him, that was him describing what his bros would have done with the thing. He was saying his biggest issue was that the engine was too loud and shitty and actually needed the wings to support it.

tau are in a shitty position, they can't expand into Sautekh clay because imotekh is a thing that exists and they can't expand into ultramar because bobby G is back.

then they've got the hades anomaly to the right and a fucking ork waaaaargh above them. without the starstride nexus they're boned.

Attached: The Tau Empire..jpg (308x240, 37K)

>Shouldn't they be cool with him sitting in it?
Yes, but they don't like how HE doesn't treat it as sacred:

>To the primarch, the throne was just another piece of furniture, a possession reclaimed, as Ultramar was. He used it unthinkingly. Even now he was back, his casual attitude toward these ancient relics, although they were his, offended something in Calgar.

He also got salty because Guilliman came back from the Indomitus Crusade to find Ultramar wracked by war and rebellion, and then told Calgar to guard Macragge rather than join him at the front. Which made Calgar feel like Guilliman was angry at him and was punishing him for failures that weren't his fault.

Guilliman says that sentimentality and reverence has corrupted the Ultramarines, in things as little as how they refused to take up residence in the rooms he once occupied on his flagship even though it was absolutely the successor Chapter Masters right to do so. Instead they turned it into a shrine and held rare ceremonies there, which he detested.

And yes to the cyborg servitor skulls. He thinks they're creepy, weird, and crude, and that Vulkan or Ferrus would have made them far more elegantly.

are you certain I remember him ssaying that e could do it nut he was certain Ferrus or Vulkan could do a better job

This is an exaggeration.

Bobby G was frustrated with Sicarius at first, but ended up seeing an old friend of his in him and took him under his wing to get him to mellow out a bit.

Calgar is just frustrated because he (possibly rightfully) perceives daddy giving more attention to the Primaris.

He doesn't like Cherubs, or the Ecclesiarchy as a whole, but is willing to put up with them. He's just uncomfortable and unhappy, and wishes he were dead.

Grumpy Grandpa Guilliman.

I'm sure Fulgrim would love to put Guilliman in the dirt.

Nobody believes that Dante would start a civil war versus Bobby G. It's just that the people way down the chain of command under him might.

Dante has an interesting stance in regards to xenos, as he doersn't fanatically hate them and can even sympathize with them. He even cooperated with the Necrons.

yeah, and in gathering storm two the ynnari actually try to engage in discourse with a necron overlord after both of them finished murdering daemons but alaitoc threw a fit and attacked the necrons first so the eldar had to shoot their way out.

seems like the galaxies second biggest murderboner may be put aside long enough to knit the galaxy back into one piece though

based Necronss someone has finnally cucked the tau for good this time.

Think of everything after Big Rob woke up as one long greentext about how he wishes he was still crusading with his brother Primarchs, he wants his old Ultramarines Legion back, his feet hurt, and you'll get a good idea about his state of mind.

I was just listening to the audiobook yesterday. I think he said he would if he had more time. But was saying that as much as it bothered him, his other brothers would have been on it right away because they couldn't handle it.

Fulgrim would put anyone in the dirt, as long as he can rape them with his snake holes and bits.

Seriously his fight with Bobby G in Dark Imperium reads like a Monster Primarch Quest loss scene until the throat cutting bit.

LIterally all the Primarchs, traitor or loyalist, aside from Fulgrim and Angron, probably wish that.

Even fucking Lorgar probably hates himself and everything that's happened.

Vulkan would probably be too busy trying to put things back together and uplifting spirits to have time to angst and complain about how he needs gel soles in his armor.

How much do the Primaris treat each other, are they a throw back to the old legion or are they like modern marine autists?

>yfw you just want another loyalist Primarch to show up so Guilliman can be ecstatic and not feel so alone any more and bro out with them no matter how much they might have once been at odds during the Crusade