Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

When was the last time your character was swept off their feet?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ

Old Thread:

Attached: 1521108874246.jpg (1920x1200, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/universalMonsterRules.html
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/109104/les-enfants-de-mort-deaths-children
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When they were autographed by a fellow party member and biggest idol.

About three years ago. He still can't get her off his mind.

When the guy we were fighting did a whirlwind attack and tripped the whole party.

I'm sad now, because I've never had a character of mine swept off her feet.

Attached: Sadness.jpg (987x700, 148K)

>I like what I see in Starfinder but can't be helped that the game feels a bit raw regarding options and class building. Anyone with the same feel? Also what they are going to introduce on 28th march book?
No worse than Pathfinder Core. At least in this one they put in some real effort for every class but envoy to feel really interesting and combat-useful. Especially Soldier and the ability to pick Dex or Str as Key stat and the Fighting Styles that make it so you can have genuinely different builds in what's supposed to be a fairly broad class.

What would you add to a party that consists of a ranger, paladin, unchained rogue and a Sylvan bloodline sorcerer

Shifter

Why?

Sounds like you've got reasonable levels of support, plenty of skillmonkeying, three frontliners if you include the animal companion, and a full arcane caster to cover utility and blasting.

Seems to me you have three roles that could use someone on them. A buffer, a Debuffer, and a battlefield controller. With that in mind, I personally recommend Summoner, Druid, Witch, or Wizard.

He's memeing. Shifter doesn't belong anywhere.

Go with what recommends. Alchemist, occultist, and bard are also good options.

>when it turns out the final boss is (you)

Attached: Chaika Shock.gif (500x700, 1006K)

well, at least you don't have to worry about him hurting you much

Acid splash amirite

Attached: Spiderman yes.png (814x444, 358K)

how do I do decent damage at range as an investigator
I have elephant in the room

Attached: PF Naderi 1.jpg (1259x847, 184K)

I really hope they coalesce some of the base classes into archetypes and extra class features for 2e. Gunslinger is just "you have a gun", it has no good reason to exist as a full class besides wasting your time.

If you don't build your characters as being able to solo your entire party at once if the opportunity arises, you're doing it wrong
Longbow and extracts

Like wise to be honest. I'm hoping they'll roll up some of the more 'successful' archetype abilities into the base class, particularly with archetypes that are just straight upgrades.

Even though I know it won't happen, I'd also like to see a version of the stamina system that isn't a hot mess. I've always felt it has potential as a concept but was implemented terribly. Like something modular that allows the expenditure of stamina to do shit like parry, counter, re-roll saves (increased amount of stam used for being able to re-roll after the save has failed), increase damage, increase AC etc without the need for feats (you just need to be able to expend the right amount of stamina). To be honest, I've always felt a stam style system is the best way to really give martial options that isn't just a PoW tier 'spells but not spells'.

Soldier sounds really fun, lots of options and many ways to build it. Felt that the other classes weren't much explored in some aspects. Solarian for example, but his polarity powers are so cool to make for it.

That's actually why I'm hoping Gun Chemist sticks around. If there's any tinker class that'd get guns, it'd be alchemist, though I could see a case being made for fighter getting a gunslinging archetype.

Attached: masked gunslinger.jpg (564x871, 33K)

Same with Swashbuckler too even more, the idea of those classes of getting points for special moves can be used on a default Fighter to make them more unique, combine the classes and open up Archetypes

The fact that Paizo nofunallowed.jpg Amateur Swashbuckler still angers me. I know you can just house rule it to allow Parry and Ripose but still. Honestly some form of point system all round for martial characters (limiting the amount they can spend in accordance with level or some shit to prevent caster dipping) with a lot of abilities baked in to point use (aka no feats required) would be great.

I don't understand how Silver Dragons are supposed to work. They're often depicted as integrating into human society, even masquerading as humans to influence societies near to their lair.

The Silver Dragon in pathfinder does indeed have the Change Shape (Su) ability which works as if using Polymorph three times a day. But the duration of Polymorph is minutes per level, so even an Ancient Silver Dragon with Caster Level 15 could only do this for a grand total of 45 minutes a day in three blocks of 15 minutes.

How are they supposed to integrate into a society like that without 'blowing their cover' with extreme ease? Even assuming the humans they're integrating with don't have access to the kind of magic that would see through such a deception like True Seeing, it seems unlikely they'd be able to keep up the masquerade for long with those kind of time pressures.

Attached: silver-dragon.jpg (411x742, 139K)

Fluff lore and mechanics had an argument and now Fluff has to sleep on the sofa. While there are a stupid amount of character that have access to true seeing MECHANICALLY fluff wise being above 6 class levels is being an elite veteran that has seen actual action for years and level and above is being a legendary hero.

>Shifter is now approved for PFS meaning no more fixes or updates to the class.
How? How can they look at it and go "yep we did all we could to fix it." Why not add regular druid wild shape? Why not make the aspect function like domains or cavalier orders? Why not give it bonus feats? Why not make archetypes based off the various polymorph chain spells. How can they expect anyone to have faith in 2e after that massive fuckup.

Attached: 1479780756591.jpg (482x427, 36K)

They already confirmed no guns in core, so you'll have to wait.

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/universalMonsterRules.html
>Change Shape (Su) A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume the appearance of a specific creature or type of creature (usually a humanoid), but retains most of its own physical qualities. A creature cannot change shape to a form more than one size category smaller or larger than its original form. This ability functions as a polymorph spell, the type of which is listed in the creature's description, but the creature does not adjust its ability scores (although it gains any other abilities of the creature it mimics). Unless otherwise stated, it can remain in an alternate form indefinitely. Some creatures, such as lycanthropes, can transform into unique forms with special modifiers and abilities. These creatures do adjust their ability scores, as noted in their description.
>Unless otherwise stated, it can remain in an alternate form indefinitely.

Thank you.

I assume the specific wording of the Silver Dragon's Change Shape ability overrides the size category restriction. Thus allowing a Gargantuan sized Ancient Silver Dragon (for example) to assume the form of a Medium human?

From the Change Shape (Su) ability:
> A creature cannot change shape to a form more than one size category smaller or larger than its original form.

From the Silver Dragon's Change Shape (Su) ability:
> A silver dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form 3/day as if using polymorph.

Yes. Specific trumps general etc etc
Besides, why would you get hung up over a harmless detail like this? If the fluff says they can do it, then they do it.

Because if there is some group of autists that find a way to make the shifter viable even if it is just one build then it's the PFS.

That or they stopped giving a shit when everybody kept screaming in their ears for it.

When I've run Silver Dragons in the past I've ignored the wording and gone with "whatever, they look like a human as much as they want."

I was just irked that the rules as written didn't seem to make sense. So I'm glad that they actually do, and go with what I'd been running with anyway too.

>Playing a dhampir cleric necromancer lich in Hell's Vengence who constantly uses create soul gem, leadership, and cooperative crafting to give himself resources to craft tons of magic items and necrocrafts.
I've known that all along user.

Attached: Nhur_Athemon.jpg (662x1000, 151K)

Tell me about the invested regent. My DM is giving us a 25pb with no dump rule and I want to spread myself out as thin as possible.

PFS is responsible for everything anti-fun in pathfinder.

>no dump rule
>on a monk
>spreading any unecessary points into CHA

ask him if he minds it stacking with Scaled Fist, then ask if you can get dex-to-damage as a feat, functioning with flurries

Both of those are fine, I'm just making a personal challenge to play a character with stats spread out since I'm not expecting a particularly difficult campaign.

So wait to see what they get banned or never use and use those.

caster supremacy

Shoo shoo, Startoad.

>myth weavers is down

They've fucked up two attempts to upgrade their shit already and now this? RIP your sheets.

Sustaining spoons are for peasants. What does your character eat to keep their refined palette pure?

Attached: 1511571294778.png (366x582, 80K)

The deadliest game of all

>made fun builds in 1e
>2e is coming out and all my friends wanna play that
>Won't get to use more fun 1e builds

>Never finished a 1e campaign

Attached: HJgAKf9.jpg (2995x2995, 842K)

I'm sure you'll make it to Minkai one day, friend.

Other adventurers?

Attached: Morgan Ironwolf 01.png (640x906, 809K)

So you eat old Wii discs only if they include waggling and don't provide wrist straps?

GURPS?

Not him, someone else. I just have pictures of uncomfortable animals because they make great reaction images

Attached: bizj71lclmk01.png (990x767, 368K)

Entire lambs, huge cakes, and vodka by the keg

The local cuisine of course.

take 10 on survival

Don't worry, no one will convert to 2E

A sword can't have all those enchantments

It might be a relic.

Attached: Morgan Ironwolf 02.png (640x899, 874K)

What do people think of the SoP Time book in playtest? And what will be next to go into playtest?

Advanced adventurer VS Autism fighter, who wins?

>EXTRA
>SWIFT
>ACTION
Remember that Ssalarn defended this.

Attached: 9fe34fe42706123b1276b34882f40ab7.jpg (2473x3492, 2.52M)

But that's an advanced talent

Every morning when they wake up next to their love.

Autism Fighter, almost guaranteed.

>Advanced talents don't need any balancing
t. Spheres of Power writers

Attached: 1505020195036.png (728x546, 456K)

Tell me about your character’s first love!

He's a noble boy who defied his father's wishes in order to run a gunworks, supplying commoners with the weapons necessary for fighting the monsters of the land. She was one of the street rats he took in and taught, a tiefling, and the other people at the gunworks basically watched them get together like a daytime soap opera, always trying to be there to watch and giggle while attempting to be out of the way so they could be together.

When the noble boy's father arranged a marriage for him, rather than force him to choose between love and prosperity for himself and his family, she ran away, leaving him a note telling him he loved her and that she'd be happy as long as he was doing well. With nowhere else to go, she fell in with mercenaries and adventurers.

It was the heiress of a Triad. I saved the Boss's life, and he married me to his daughter.

Coincidentally, in a Firefly-style campaign run by another DM I saved the life of the heiress to an extremely shifty Chinese Trading Conglomerate... who afterwards held hearts in her eyes for him.

I just wanted to build weapons...

Swashbuckler is the coolest and most fun class.
Prove me wrong.

Did you know Parry has no weapon restriction?

I stopped relying on them years and years ago. I'd rather share text files on pastebin than deal with mythweavers' shit.

Neither of those things are synonymous with "good" though, even if they often go together

They're not optimal but they're pretty good as far as martials go imo.
Particularly free Improved Critical at 5 so they can crit 25% of the time earlier than anyone else.

A little black-haired varisian boy

Gay love is best love

A bookworm from the rundown city he called home. He misses her greatly.

I think the SoP Time book is less of a Time sphere handbook and more of a Champions of the Spheres expansion with a couple of Time-based talents.

Rate this meme build:

Unchained Rogue (Hidden Blade, cutpurse) 3/Vigilante (Night Terror, Gunmaster) X
>Gunmaster doesn't usually stack with Night Terror, but my GM allowed it. Hidden Blade mostly for the vanishing gambit, sneak attack, and free dex to damage. GM let Hidden Blade use cha instead of int for the initiation mod.

Vigilante Talents: Stay Put, Pin to the Wall.
>These let me use lock attempts when I would normally apply hidden strike damage.

Maneuvers go into Tempest Gale and Solar Wind (gotten by using unorthodox method), enter stealth with vanishing gambit, fire a shot, apply lock and sneak attack, aswell as a dirty trick or some extra damage with one of the maneuvers. Maybe pick up throat jab so people can't yell once they've been shot, aswell as (obviously) using oils of silencing or that silencer from legendary gunslinger.

At least we get a SoM soulknife. Kinda wish they kept psychic strike, though.

A Magnimarian nobleman. In the end he loved himself more than he loved her, so good riddance.

>Solar Wind (gotten by using unorthodox method)
Solar Wind is one of the easiest disciplines to get into through its martial tradition without wasting a trait. The loyalty requirements are trivial to keep up and the rewards are well worth it.

The half-elf daughter of the local fortunate teller, but the girl had enough problems, best to let her live a peaceful life.

Ah, I hadn't looked into the martial traditions that much. Thanks for the heads-up!

What is the difference between a plasma wound and a laser wound? Just the size?

The severity of the wound is perhaps the biggest difference. The way I see it, a laser wound would resemble a bad burn while a plasma wound would resemble a wound left by an acid attack.

A pariah whom had nowhere else to turn but their monastery, where they spent several months aiding his recovery and learning about society from a different point of view, and eventual infatuation with such a figure led into a secret fling that lasted until the guy's health was good again and he had to run away, leaving them hurt and with an unfullfilled romantic experience which would shape their personality for years to come

TL;DR: Poor little monk finds out he's a fucking faggot

Your fucking stupid overPoWered memeshit has been abusing action economy for far longer.

Posted this last night, didn't actually get a chance to drop a link due to needing sleep/wanted to do a quick write up for the setting. It's not as good as I want it to be but it'll work for now.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/109104/les-enfants-de-mort-deaths-children

Attached: fwp.jpg (1920x1200, 572K)

Bunch of people have been complaining about this in the doc and the GitP thread, to the point that even Adam Meyers showed (which means you know you done fucked up).

That's a cute Buddy

Not every group uses Martial Traditions and not everyone wants the fluff of a Martial Tradition in their backstory.

>Occult Classes are allowed minus the Mesmerist,
Why?

I can foresee a lot of social encounters happening over the course of the game, and while I understand such things aren't exclusive to the Mesmerist, I've seen them trivialize such things pretty easily. Maybe they've just left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I'm biased but I'd still prefer not playing with one again.

>I've seen them trivialize such things pretty easily.
More than a bard or any Charisma caster?

Honestly yeah. I might have just played with a couple Munchkins though.

Gotta admit, Bard was my first thought too.

Attached: GLIBNESS.jpg (1667x370, 237K)

More like with people who didn't know what they were doing.

And I mean the Mesmerist is supposed to excel in social encounters/manipulating people. That's like banning fighters and barbarians in a campaign where you expect lots of combat.

You know that feeling you get when you read a campaign and you just get this increasing sense of wrongness?

>young template
So how young are these characters supposed to be?

Old enough to be considered able to fight (Albeit ineptly), not so young that its a joke. If I had to put a number to it maybe around 10-13 for Human-esq aging Races?

Then you'd be over 4 feet tall, which is the minimum height for Medium, unless we're supposed to be incredibly malnourished. The Young template isn't necessary.

I'll give it some thought about how to rework it. I've only started hammering things out for the past few days.

Is this the game where we play tiefling foxgirls (male)?

Attached: foxboy shaman.png (1000x1359, 1.17M)