Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Self-Possessed Edition

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

Attached: the_banshee_queen_by_ajamariesart-d7lkxtf.png (1024x1089, 1.06M)

>be an island nation with a powerful sea and naval culture
>cultivate great wizards who have mastered water elemental magic
>decide to focus on some druid or other shit instead for BfA
what happened

Attached: 1520705234492.jpg (1280x800, 325K)

They're doing druid stuff and sea stuff senpai. An entire continent with only one flavour would be WoD tier

The Witcher and GoT happened, now everyone has to cash in on the edgy eastern European look.

Attached: The Witcher (2).jpg (1024x768, 95K)

> ITT we say anything that has even the loosely ties to the Witcher is copying it.
Why does Veeky Forums keep doing this?

Because if something you dislike happens in something you otherwise like, then it clearly has to be because of some external, easily shunned intrusion.

Attached: d995899a834742f55a5c9e7d5b00fd65.png (3687x2081, 4.08M)

But they still have a powerful sea and naval culture, complete with a Cthulhu religion?

Are you just saying that because Geralt of Rivia was confirmed as a guest character for SoulCalibur 6?

>eastern European look.

I wish fantasy had more actual eastern european inspired landscape. Haven't seen anything accurate besides the first Witcher and even that's stretching it. But I don't mind the creepy woods vibe either especially when it has vampires like Warhammer's Sylvania.

Attached: 1430606136764.jpg (600x450, 53K)

>Geralt of Rivia
Also Turalyon is kinda looks like him, but they are nothing alike personality-wise.

>no Alleria
#notmywindrunner

What will Khadgar do, if the Horde becomes an empire, completely destroys the Alliance and enslaves all humans (including Turalyon and Danath)?

Attached: 71569234.jpg (750x770, 40K)

Only one of the three zones is Wicker People. Another is pirates, and the third is Old God/Kraken worshippers.

he'll go make sweet love to Garona

He'll have wiped Sylvanas long before that happens.
Or alternatively .

He'd probably start baiting on Veeky Forums, just like you.

Attached: khalida_by_ajamariesart-d7woyft.png (631x733, 353K)

>Only one of the three zones is Wicker People. Another is pirates, and the third is Old God/Kraken worshippers.
Okay, but where are all tirassian mages? You know, the ones responsible for Tol Barad?

>everything's a bait unless it's discussion about useless cosmology and the laws of magic

Baradin Hold is Stromic clay

They're that last one.

AU Azeroth expansion

Attached: world_of_warcraft_tribute___king_arthas_menethil_by_pulyx-d2pidjl.jpg (900x1012, 230K)

>Tol Barad
Following the Second War, what remained of the blackened, derelict battlements was left to languish until the wizards of Kul Tiras claimed the isle for a new purpose.

It's sad to see good trips wasted on such a tragic lack of poker face.

Attached: tumblr_okrwbncFJI1rvyvwto2_1280[1].png (700x909, 501K)

Please no, last time ended up with the worst thing to happen to WoW lore literally ever.

How is he capable of such strong necromancy that he can control undeads across continents?

Attached: Lich kang.jpg (1024x576, 128K)

> sexy goblin for no reason
My companion of African descent.

Attached: 1506497440455.png (1000x1148, 462K)

Nah that was Medivh's genes kicking in. Khadrona will he a perky little half-humqn squire

People keep saying that, but how many actually read the comic? Like, what harm did it actually DO, beyond making a somewhat contrived and overpowered character?

Attached: irina-lowlyowly-gnome-priest.jpg (750x1000, 216K)

>for no reason
There is always a good reason, user.

Attached: 1519701402592.jpg (1447x2046, 284K)

So when are Valtrois and Stellagosa gonna fuck?

he's wearing an ancient demonic artifact on his head

>implying Turalyon is still a human
more like some unholy light-hybrid

The fact that it even happened is worrisome. At least Blizzard decided to retcon him by way of omission.

likely all died during the Cataclysm :^)

Better question, where do the undead get their evil spiky armor?

from Yogg-Saron's influence

>People keep saying that, but how many actually read the comic? Like, what harm did it actually DO, beyond making a somewhat contrived and overpowered character?
This. Med'an did absolutely nothing in the comics. Just restored Atiesh and become a new guardian. But as a guardian he did nothing. Only killed Cho'gall with the help of Aegwynn, that's it. He doesn't deserve that hate, cause he is basically nobody.
It's like how mmo-champ hates Vereesa for being a weak hypocritical woman. Like there can't be a weak woman in literature.

Attached: 17a6709fd3b6aa818e01457793ac6b7b685d5886_hq.jpg (749x1024, 72K)

humans 3000 years ago bore these rudimentary armors adonred with the horns of their completed hunts

>basically nobody

He is the son of two major lore characters, who is a master Shaman/Druid/Mage/probably more, in addition to being the guardian. He a clear illustration of a shitty Mary Sue.

The crown and Forzen throne amplify his power. The further you get from Icecrown, the weaker his control.

So when did the Burning Blade start worshiping demons instead of being samurai? I'm leveling an Orc boy for the first time and I'm very confused.

The Burning Blade, according to the WC3 manual, got fucked up enough that its remnants became scattered over time. The Blademasters are those who didn't fully succumb to demonic corrupting, and have nothing really to do with the Searing Blade at this point.

They aided Gul'dan at the tomb of sargeras.

in the original lore, before it was retconned, the Burning Blade wasn't even a real clan, just an amalgation of orcs too violent and bloodthirsty for the other clans

wrong. The Burning Blade remained behind and fought at Blackrock

>He is the son of two major lore characters
True. But again, he didn't destroy any important lore and backstory. He didn't prevent Cataclysm or something like that, he didn't emerge from AU universe to open a portal for an Legion invasion. Yes, he was supposed to master light/arcane/shaman magic, but in the next issue (if there was one) blizzard could have easily made him a failure, who achieved nothing and his parentage was a lie.

Attached: 925627-001.jpg (900x1307, 283K)

But they didn't, so he remains a shitty Mary Sue who is rightfully kept as far away from the universe as possible.

What priests in Warcraft are the most powerful, with gods that could be considered real gods instead of glorified animals?

witch doctors, cause loa

On paper, sure, but even a ridiculous character can be played well, or at least inoffensively. Compared to the way characters like Thrall (in Cata), Illidan (in Legion) and Varian (his entire goddamn run) completely warp the narrative, he's far from the worst Sue in the setting.

Attached: 1469912560341.png (868x897, 361K)

None of those characters are self-insert children of older characters, and none of them are masters of multiple different (completely incompatible) schools of magic just because.

This. I realy don't understand how some people can passionately hate Med'an in a franchise where Illidundu exist.

You're looking at surface traits, not what those characters do to the story. Varian was the biggest Mary Sue the franchise has ever seen, despite (mostly) being a straightforward male human fighter.

After the huge shit heap that WoW has been you honestly believe that Me'dan is the absolute worst thing? Are you completely fucking stupid?

this. Say against Med'an what you want, but he was not the Chosen One of a deity that existed a continent away

I'm looking at surface traits because Mary Sues are nothing but surface traits, they have no substance (because then they would be actually decent characters). You're obsessed with story impact for some strange and inexplicable reason, completely ignoring that Med'an is a textbook Mary Sue: a character who shows up out of nowhere but is related to the major plot movers of the world, who is immediately thrust into a pivotal role in the setting, and who basically effortlessly learns multiple schools of magic because he's too cool to just have one like everybody else in the universe. Whether he has done anything or not is irrelevant, we are talking about how these characters are presented (and how poorly they are presented).

Med'an was literally a chosen one before negative backlash prevented him from ever showing up in the games themselves.

velen is probably the most powerful priest in canon, while elune is the closest thing to a real god who responds to prayers and isn't trying to eat the world (as far as we know).

This. Med'an wasn't a chosen one, he was not prophesied. Jaina and others just thought that it would be cool if a child of three worlds could try to learn three schools of completely different magic.

Velen.

>wasn't a chosen one

He was a fucking Guardian, one of the most powerful magical beings in the setting tasked with protecting the world from demons

>that Med'an is a textbook Mary Sue
Nobody argues with that. But Med'an is gone, yet atrocities like Illidan still roam freely.

People like Khadgar, they won't replace him with fucking Med'an.

Because the universe constantly shits on Illidan. Yes, he's typical Xxx_DeathGun666_xxx tier edge, but he's also the writers' chewtoy. The first time something went right for him and didn't get ripped violently away was the Nighthold.

>He was a fucking Guardian
Yes, he killed Cho'gall, so what? Did he stopped Cataclysm or what? Did he started fighting with demons, so that Xe'ra could have made him a chosen one?

the fuck's a Med'an

>the fuck's a Med'an
Nobody. Just move along.

Khadgar and Garona's half human, quarter orc, quarter draenei, paladin shaman mage druid son who restored Medivh's staff and became the new Guardian of Tirisfal.

>You're obsessed with story impact for some strange and inexplicable reason
Because you've got it completely wrong. Exotic traits and connections can certainly be indicative of a Sue, but it's the way they bend the story around them that defines them and makes them so annoying.

If stopping the end of the world and bring an edgelord or the only two things that make someone a Mary Sue, then someone should probably correct that thread arguing about Star Wars. They think Rey is a Mary Sue, but she hasn't done either of those things.

>Killing Cho'gall with the help of others - Marry Sue.
>Oneshoting a prime naaru - not Marry Sue.
What the fuck is wrong with you, guys?

What's going on here.

SYMMETRICAL DOCKING

Also a goblin being outdone by a gilblin.

Attached: 1519698929285.png (1042x1920, 909K)

This is how goblins and gilblins greet each other. They're fascinating cultures.

Attached: 1507535184813.png (800x800, 531K)

Goblins. They believe in shit, but still get all of the nifty Light and Void powers, while cucks like Velen and Tyrande can get crisises of faith

Nah, that's one of those sea goblins you only saw in Vashj'ir.

Attached: t56etz.jpg (1024x640, 46K)

Velen, Anduin and Tyrande, not necessarily in that order.

Yes. A gilblin. I think you also see them in the goblin starting area, but don't quote me on that.

Theres a difference between them user. Illidan had enough life, time, preparation, sucked xso many demon cocks that when he does something like that and it works, it still has a smidge of sense. What makes Me'dan weird is not that he won against Cho'gal, but that he knows too many magic schools, is made from a bunch of mixed races and is compared to all these characters a boy, not a ten tousand years edgelord that fucked up his entire life.

Damn its lucky half goblins arent possible, else Azeroth would be filled with them in two generations, i swear.

>Khadgar
I thought that was Medivh who fucked the Half-Orc?

Goblin priests are genuinely good people, but they still understand that money makes the world go 'round, so they have no problem asking for the occasional tithe.

Attached: display_Mixi_Crankhaven__Goblin_Priest_.jpg (864x677, 144K)

>"Aight ya moron, I'll heal ya. But ya better have that payment ready when we're done!"

source?

>Half-Draenei, Half-Orc, Half-Human, Half-Otherkin Shaman/Paladin/Mage Guardian of the World - Mary Sue

I know, what an odd concept

No, I'm pretty sure Illidan's antics in Legion were a total crock of nonsense. Remember that time in TFT when he almost pissed himself because Kil'jaeden showed up, and then later got stomped by regular Death Knight Arthas? And then suddenly he's one-shotting the biggest Naaru in the universe and blocking swords bare-handed? Meanwhile, Med'an was a big mix of a bunch of nonsense, but he was never more than a novice in any of them, and it was never used to make other characters less important or competent.

But in the spirit of reconciliation, have some more gob.

Attached: 1520647421566.jpg (1028x1400, 336K)

>If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
>-Illidan Stormrage

No. Rey is a Mary Sue because she has things the original trilogy protagonists worked for handed off to her, especially Luke. The fact she is now "The Last Jedi" tasked with rebuilding an improved Jedi order when that was supposed to be his thing is the biggest slap in the face to Luke's character development.

>What, you think I'm doin' this outta the kindness of my heart?
>...Okay, yeah, I am, shut up. But that don't mean I don't pay bills like you do. A goblin's gotta eat.

Attached: fanart-1001-large.jpg (416x615, 232K)

> Sure, I'll heal ya, but while I do that, lemme ask ya sumthin. Ya eva heard of indulgences?

Attached: 1507443503013.png (482x599, 269K)

And worked as handlers of biggest Ogres Orgrim had at his disposal.

>yet atrocities like Illidan still roam freely.
t. Maiev

Yes, I still can see how it is a bit weird, but blizzard lost their strength in writing for quite a while now.

And goblin girls are always nice.

Rey wasn't the Last Jedi, Luke was. And a major point of that film was that Rey wasn't alone out there, but that the Force awakening meant there a number of people out there with an intuitive understanding of the Force (as seen in the very end).

He's a walking example of how to not make a character, also managed to anger enough people that he will never be relevant again.

Varain was a marketing scheme to manufacture alliance "Faction Pride". He's a subpar Thrall clone.

Attached: boobs in warcraft.jpg (746x640, 211K)

The sad part is that it somehow worked

It really didn't, all people did was constantly shit on Varian, pretty much up until the end of MoP or so.

It worked at the very last minute

>What you did was uncalled for, selfish an' just plain rude. An' comin' from me, that's saying a lot.
>Taking the time to heal him is one thing. Taking the time to set things right is another.
>Now, either you go back there and clean up your mess, or I will Power Word your ass SO HARD that you'll wish I just shattered your mind and was done with it.
>And then you gimme your wallet, for good measure.

Attached: goblin_priest_by_namesjames-d4yt321.jpg (698x1000, 158K)

Ironic that they had to "Kill" him for it to work. And even then, it only worked on people who only play humans.

Attached: varian x Sylvanas.jpg (800x1000, 134K)

Blue Warchief was silly, and so is Blue Warchief junior