Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

The Deepkin Rise Edition
Previous Thread : New Books have been added

Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed)

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Malign Portents Stories
malignportents.com/story/the-clockmakers-tale/
malignportents.com/story/rodbuls-last-fight/

New books

>Callis and Toll The Old Ways
mega.nz/#!JNJiwSLZ!HM0fIa9VjF2hWWpJOS0fymB6kd944VYdHmrk7yKQ2N4

>The Tainted Axe
mega.nz/#!QRx1gIwS!X3bvo8LQgV6V1Q12C2Y5dnM3m4lF5IkvxTKMzdQuazs

>The Witch Takers
mega.nz/#!5URyAJTZ!edeqlJAaUNRXsDVBHyGuyL5g3JXlbLej0Ug_oY7qtao

>Thread Question
What do you do to your models to make them "Yours"? What little touches do you add

Attached: Idoneth.jpg (1600x1230, 969K)

ok, so I want to field a ghoul king on foot to support my infantry, BUT I don't want a terrorgheist, I was thinking about using a Gorger or an Ur-Ghul, but do you know any other minis which might be a good fit?

>Thread Question
>What do you do to your models to make them "Yours"? What little touches do you add
I ejaculate copiously over them to mark them as mine
I am just getting to kit bashing

Hotglue.

>What do you do to your models to make them "Yours"? What little touches do you add

Almost all of my paint schemes include purple as the primary color. It's my favorite, and I find it to go well with a lot of metallic tones, especially with gold/brass.

TZEENTCH BOYS FUCK HARD

Attached: lord-of-change-duncan1.jpg (939x542, 127K)

Are you in every thread?

My Sylvaneth all have pieces of broken, fallen armour taken from the Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knight kits decorating their bases. I really wanted to play up the idea that the Sylvaneth aren't defending their last few territories any more, but crusading out and re-taking their ancestral lands, pushing Chaos out of Ghyran. So they're modeled to be charging past helmets half-buried in the earth, trampling over abandoned shields, that sort of thing. It also lets me get a bit more colour into the army, adding some black, silver and bone to something that would otherwise be overwhelmingly green/brown with some blue flashes.

I haven't played since basically the first GH was released, has much changed since? And is there an expectation that we will get a 2018 GH too?

Also, I really like the new daughters of khaine models (particularly the snake-like models)- is there any feedback on whether they're strong or not?

Or what about the legions of nagash, are they worthwhile? I have a LOT of undead from my fantasy days, and was using flesheater courts when I was playing sigmar- will these still be my best 'death' choice?

i buy them with my money, use my free time to put them together and then put some level of painting effort into them

if that isnt enough for you to think theyre mine then you can piss off

I used the ghoul king from the terrorgheist *shrug*

Attached: 1963-2e371f7f-large.jpg (1200x900, 287K)

Soon

Attached: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (400x513, 26K)

You too fuck off

TZEENTCH BOYS SEE ALL

Attached: TZEENTCH LADS.jpg (939x542, 127K)

When is this shit gonna get announced god dammit.

April

Adepticon is this thurs-sun, probably there. Rumors of deepkin going up for preorder the week of april 14th for a release on the 21st.

Only 30 more to go guys!

Attached: 20180318_212808.jpg (3264x2448, 1.95M)

What kits are those?

It's the state troops dude.

Whfb hasent been gone that long lmao.

Only got into AoS in the past year, been laying 40k before that my b

theyre on square bases. fix that. it hurts to look at

Very early WIP Wight Queen. Need to sculpt more fire on her head and her hand. And maybe her sword.

Attached: 20180318_221844.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

That looks... really bad.

Attached: 02c2b7e625895df8104053ea3b488e0b27c1930099b69af561fbe91075d00870.jpg (400x300, 28K)

Lol what part of early WIP do you not get my man.

Do not let other user discourage you, it is your duty to see this through until the end

Has anyone here submitted a story pitch for the Black Library contest? What was it about, and do you think it will be accepted?

Mostly I make sure every model looks unique. I just hate two dudes with the exact same pose next to each other, so usually I'll swap weapons around or swap heads or arms around until they all look sick. I play Ironjawz and the brute kit is great for this - so much more satisfying to see 4 gore choppas next to each other and they're all different and dynamic.
I do also judge people who don't put as much effort into it

This will look killer

Are you guys ready? I am pretty sure we will be getting images of the idoneth deepkin kits this thursday.

Attached: 2018logo.png (562x582, 321K)

Thanks user. I'm wondering if I ought to use her as a Vampire Lord instead and have the old Wight King hanging about and looking normal. Since she'd have magical flaming weapons and shit.

Or the Black Axe version, since I'm sure ethereal flaming swords count as 'could kill you instantly'.

How does the temple nest batallion look for a quick 1000pt army? Looking to get back into AoS with the daughters of khaine and it looks like a good starting point to me since it seems relatively cheap and easy.

Bloodwrack Medusa
Hag Queen
5x Blood Sisters
5x Blood Sisters
5x Blood Stalkers
5x Blood Stalkers
10x Witch Aelves

40kid here, is AOS more tourney friendly?

The army building system looks better and less spammy.

the titty armor on the snek models is a separate bit.
You could just plopp that onto a skeleton. There really isn't much you can do else to show a skeleton to be female.

>round bases

if you want a tourney game forget about anything by GW

I like it better. Games are faster, less rules questions and arguing. Games are deadly.

What it does share with 40k though is sometimes games are really one-sided, but the funnest tournament experiences I have ever had were playing AoS over most of my 40k experiences.

Fair enough, I was mainly just thinking of doing a 'counts as' thing in this instance. Also, did a headswap and fiddled with her hand.

Should she be carrying a shield in her open hand, or should she be casting some bale fire? Or leave it open?

Attached: 20180319_002544.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

I think a spoopy skeleton shield might do wonders to pull the undead theme together.
If you paint the armor in the same red/black/undead colors it also won't look like a sister anymore.

I like the conversion idea. You can never have enough spooky skeletons.

As of Legions of Nagash, Wight Kings no longer mention having a shield in their profile, so you could easily omit it. But you do need to do something there because the angle on that arm right now just looks a bit silly.

Yeah, I've got plenty of extra skeleton shields sitting around. I even considered making her a shield literally out of skulls. I think it'll make her look better in the end.

Yeah, they instead just have him as a 3+ save. And that's fine. Yeah I have to clip and reposition the wrist so she wouldn't be doing this weird pose with her arm. I think a big ol shield would distract any attention to the weirdness.

second, GW is for between real competitive games at the store and rolling buckets odice

Yes well the question was between 40k and AOS.

40k is a hell of a lot more WAAC and tournament oriented. AoS is more for fun quick games.

All of the 'tournament level' lists in AoS are mainly unbalanced bullshit really. Whereas in 40k, everything is unbalanced bullshit and the points don't matter.

>All of the lists in AoS are mainly unbalanced bullshit really. Whereas in 40k, everything is unbalanced bullshit too.
ftfy

You'll be disappointed if you go into either game looking for balanced rules.

The games are written explicitly to facilitate a narrative first.
And they are also not playtested for the most part if the guy who wrote Necromunda is to be believed. He had two weeks to playtest the whole game iirc.

>clearly says WiP

I hate what AoS release has done to the community, AoS is pretty great and I love WHFB alot but for some reason people have just gotten alot more cunty.

I mostly do a lot of converting when it comes to 40k but with dwarfs and empire being my AoS armies there is something majestic about having a shield wall of uniformed soldiers and gleaming knights.

Makes me miss my bretonnian's in their lance formation

pic related

Attached: brets.jpg_original.jpg (1024x614, 304K)

Just finished a terrorgeist

Attached: 2018-03-18 23.28.42.jpg (984x1057, 744K)

Question: I need to keep my models within 1 inch when using prosecutors and keeping them in a unit.

Do I measure from wingtip? Or from base?

Those look great user.

If you measure from model I will eat your family.

> have lotsa bret models
> play them as FEC
> What you see is how they see themselves
top kek

"I am going to do all 40 today!"

Attached: 555-come-on-now-589b33e404357.jpg (600x337, 51K)

I'm not giving up squares.

Attached: DXWtxFkXUAA2RWD.jpg (1200x900, 99K)

RAW it says model. If you have seen prosecutors you know what a bitch it is to keep them within 1 inch of their bases.

Attached: 1418003801826.jpg (800x500, 88K)

>im not giving up on my models looking like shit
it's up to you

looks good, I still have mine to assemble and paint
I think the bones could look a bit better with small, narrow, high instensity high lights. you have a few but I would add a bit more
same thing with the black/dark fur/skin
i got this pic from google and I cannot decide if I want the leather on the wings to be the same color as the rest of the fur, or a crimson color

Attached: P1070722.jpg (1000x750, 709K)

What's the best way to transport a model like this? Can anyone recommend a good site for foam?

Attached: 99120212018_SlaughterQueenCauldronofBlood01.jpg (920x950, 84K)

battlefoam and designing it yourself is best
but what's even better is to leave at your LGS if they have lockers or space available for that

I'll be over here playing Sigmar, 8th, and 9th age with all my minis.

Attached: 1437619375562.jpg (619x463, 73K)

>I'll be over here playing Sigmar, and some other shitty games with all my minis
again, it's up to you

>what's even better is to leave at your LGS if they have lockers or space available for that

Mates and I typically take turns hosting games. I guess I'll just have to buy a big block of the customizable battlefoam. I was hoping they would bring out a custom one for Morathi.

This plus a thundertusk beastrider is exactly 2000 points and fills out everything and keeps my beastclaw allegiance

should I do it?

Attached: 57a5e09e2e33d_Screenshot_2016-08-06-13-55-222.thumb.png.eef4a1c1052e90e9659b620e0cbae6bb.png (800x498, 508K)

Then stop belly aching you stupid faggot.

Not sure about the sneks, actually. I'm sure they're fine. If you're strictly worried about price, here's my list that I just won a tourney with. It a puked also be around $300, so it's whatever.

Slaughter Queen
Hag Queen
Hag Queen
Medusa
20 witches with dagger
10 Witches with shield
5 warlocks
1 Avatar of Khain

>my models looking like shit
There's a solution for that. It's called 'Picking any army besides Stormcast'

I magnetized both the avatar and the ladies. Much easier to carry around.

I was thinking this is a good idea, but too scared to try and do it.

Are there any tools to help create your own Stormhost?

Doing gw as competitive is a mistake.

Shadespire.

Checkmate atheostd

>atheostd

But yeah, this. Great game, Shadespire.

dewit. Seems pretty deec

for now, I have to say it is quite fair, obv some warbands (ironjawz and skaven) are a bit more powerful than others, but changin warband is not that expensive and if you buy a second band many cards will be exchangeable between them

Chaps I have a bit of a problem. I want to collect Stormcast but I want to use shield upgrade kits. So the starter kit isn't an option. I also don't care all that much for prosecutors so I'm not sure about the SC box, though I might get 2 at most. What would be my best option to collect liberators? Am I shit out of luck and just have to buy regular libby kits?

Rate and criticise my Grand Alliance: Duardin lads

Allegiance: Dispossessed
>1 Warden King (Leader): 120
*Command Trait: Grudgebearer
>1 Warden King (Leader): 120
*Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe
>1 Runelord (Leader): 80
>1 Runelord (Leader): 80
>40 Warriors (Battleline): 280
*Duardin Axes & Hammers with Duardin Shields {alternatively, Double-handed Duardin Axe with Duardin Shields}
>10 Longbeards (Battleline): 120
*Ancestral Axes & Hammers with Gromril Shields
>10 Longbeards (Battleline): 120
*Ancestral Axes & Hammers with Gromril Shields
>10 Hammerers (Battleline): 180
>30 Ironbreakers: 400
*Ironbeard: Ironbreaker Axe & Gromril Shield
>10 Irondrakes: 200
*Ironwarden: Grudgehammer Torpedo
>30 Thunderers: 360
*Veteran: Duardin Handgun
Allies – Ironweld Arsenal, Kharadron Overlords [440/500]
>1 Cogsmith (Leader): 100
>Organ Gun (Artillery): 120
>Arkanaught Frigate (Behemoth): 220

Allies: 440/500

Attached: beards.png (340x388, 300K)

My bad, replace Arkanaught Frigate for Grundstok Gunhauler, I got their points mixed up

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (800x800, 362K)

Re-scheduled warhammer world open day will be 30th June... surely whatever they planned to announce at the March one will not wait until then.

Some sneaky moonclan tips i learned at warhammer world from a guy thats been playing them for decades:
> your grots can have a netter as the leader (he just put the fancy horned-head on a netter), so the leader then gets +1 to hit on 3 rather than 1 attack
> you can use the old skullpass shaman as your bigboss with squig, so easy to hide the tiny base behind terain
> you can use the moonclan battalion (GW said it was fine, the app says its fine, it is intended to be used, the keywords are just a mistake)
> the wyvern with orc boss can be a good hero/behemoth for moonclan - just stick a goblin model on top. its pretty tanky and killy.

>you can use the old skullpass shaman as your bigboss with squig, so easy to hide the tiny base behind terain
that's modelling for advantage you sneaky git

This.

It clearly intended to be the Skarsnik model.

I wasn't making a judgement, just sharing some ideas that had good results for him (he won every game at the event).

>this WAAC faggotry
Wewlad

It's worse than that, it was a narrative event, with children playing in it.

was the army fun to face at least?

Yeah, I played against it in a mirror match, so learned some tricks. Only managed 3 turns though. I play defensive goblins, he played offensive, so was an interesting scrap ( stalemate basically, hard to say what would have happened in turns 4 and 5).

Attached: dBxzvgY[1].jpg (2528x1898, 871K)

if the spoders are yours, that army is pretty nice
good job

thanks user, yeah i'm pleased to have finished the army after 9 months of painting. playing it is far more challenging...

This just keeps getting better. Some grognard old enough to have been playing gobbos for decades, and he's using WAACfag tactics to beat children at a casual event.

Attached: IMG-20171226-WA0005.jpg (600x397, 12K)

Wednesday

was a bizarre event really, as it was labelled a narrative event (official warhammer world thing), yet had matched play for the games - i think this caused the issues.

Regardless, I had fun with my experimental fun lists and learned a lot.

Can the prime of a SC unit use the special weapon and get an extra attack with them?

Just to be clear I'm talking about the big hammers for liberators for example

The sneks are what interests me desu. So I'd like my army to be mainly consisted of them if possible. I don't mind not being totally WAAC top tier, but I'd still like to be competitive.

Reminder of a sin that i've commited

Attached: dididoit.jpg (515x294, 43K)

Curses! The Great Necromancer has lost His hand, again! And you happen to be the poor soul unfortunate enough to find it.
The Lord of Undeath in His great magnanimity grants you what you most desire, which is, of course, to see your army updated with a battletome, but at one of the following conditions:
your army receives new rules, but no new models, as it is now part of a strict alliance book unmaking its deficiencies upon isolation, but also its independent character as an army
your army receives new rules, but no new models, as the pre existing kits can now make a whole loads of new accepted combinations, but also the reaffirmed independence of the fluff of the army dictates a complete separation from its former allies
your army receives new rules and new models, but the new arrivals completely take over the center stage in terms of both rules and fluff, becoming practically mandatory and centralising the background around a single character

wat do?

Attached: nagash paw.jpg (249x250, 57K)

Reminder that GW confirmed that Allerielle's Sylvaneth are one of the armies of the Elven Pantheon.