>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Is there an elegant way to allow characters to solve things players themselves cannot, without just making it so everything can be solved by rollplay and puzzles (including charisma category stuff here) become meaningless?

Attached: 1506871128659.png (600x848, 901K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hgP6JnWh4Ig?t=9m59s
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G38HtgPpTkhzeX3hQasTRfBHrOnHM4jz9zniJqGvWSQ/edit?usp=sharing
comicbook.com/gaming/2018/03/14/dungeons-and-dragons-genderfluid-elves/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolling for a hint rather than the full answer?

What's this I heard about drow having mechanically relevant gender fluidity? I just mostly want a source or the actual text saying the rule. I know it's mostly for male drow to join their priesthood, but is it like a MtF thing, or a ladyboy thing, or what?

To elaborate my own reasoning for this:
Recently joined a ToA game. Loving it, great GM, but we all got hung up on a puzzle. For a good hour or more, lets say, and resorted to literally just 'hit things in frustration'. The party by rights should be fairly smart (several 14-16/17 INT characters), but as players we just .. Couldn't figure out any information. When trying to consult with a party NPC brought along as translator, it was pretty directly met with 'an NPC is not solving this for you guys'.

Later on came across something that character got a chance to make an Arcana roll to puzzle out, with it being stated to require a modified 20 or better. Rolled a 19, was explicitly told something along the lines of 'its at the edge of your recollection, but you're blanking'. Several hours later (ToA and all), came back across it, and wasn't allowed to try another check to see if I could remember what the fuck the niggling bit of info was.

Not asking what my DM should have done, but for my own future of wanting to DM at some point: if things become 'roll for hints', is there risk of it just devolving to that point? There was some good discussion a few threads back regarding it, but it was never resolved.

Similarly things like 're-rolling esoteric checks like arcana until results come up positive'. I don't particularly see an issue why someone shouldn't be able to sit down and invest time to puzzle it out, as long as time IS spent - its no more an issue than someone spending a bunch of extra attempts to shove open a door.

Does anyone have any experience to use to comment with

>Is there an elegant way to allow characters to solve things players themselves cannot, without just making it so everything can be solved by rollplay and puzzles (including charisma category stuff here) become meaningless?
The way my group does it is that if we're just absolutely stumped by a puzzle/riddle/etc., we have the WIS characters roll to make the DM give the character a "hint" read: epiphany. If we cannot solve the problem even with that, we can roll to have the characters solve it instead. It isn't exactly elegant, but it still saves some time in the long run and doesn't leave anyone feeling gypped out of either the challenge or the roleplay.

It's a "by the powers of your god, you can change your nasty bits once per day" thing

Attached: 1519273613167.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

Where the fuck did you hear about this nonsense?

Attached: 4323423424.jpg (600x600, 68K)

Fucking spacing. Tired as fuck.

Ignore bait. Its the same thing every thread

When did you realize that D&D is a lost cause?

Attached: Gay Head Rules Designer.png (600x860, 224K)

Scaling damage cantrips.

>Drow with the ability to change their sex usually become inspirations to other elves, and often turn out to be the heroes and peacemakers that emerge from a race that’s generally viewed as not heroic.

So what they're saying is that drow PCs are now required to be traps.

It's how I'm more or less leaning on how I would want to run it myself. I don't see any particular reason why physical tasks can be repeatedly attempted (Shove door, no? Okay, shove again. No? Okay, shove again) while mental ones are a 'one and done'. The DM is crazy experienced to say the least so I like to defer to his methodology, but fuck did it kind of chafe this session.

How do you play with a group when another player is jealous of you because of normie problems but the rest of the group likes you?

Attached: 674994c96015cca2870fe06d3c3cc532.jpg (1044x1492, 2.44M)

why would they do this? is it literally just because crawford is a fag?

Jealous of you because of normie problems?

Remove this from everyone but Warlocks and Sorcerers. Maybe caster Clerics as well.

>youtu.be/hgP6JnWh4Ig?t=9m59s
What were they thinking?

Well there'll certainly be more 10' poles amirite

Because they're elves that are ascending to become closer to corellion. Its specifically a blessing for them.

It's a MtF thing

...Wasn't he the one that cursed the drow in the first place?

Really, this is a surprisingly useful ability for a drow, given that males are basically furniture (in some cases probably literally). It's a great way to go from important to blending in to the scenery.

Aaand everyone LOVES these special snowflake drow. Let's forget anything else about drow race relations with other elves or the actual implications of being able to do this in drow society.

All elves look up to genderswaping drow because they're super duper heroic butterflies!

Fuck these morons. I wanna talk about a matron mother who murders her rivals, turns into a male, and hides among the murdered rival's slaves until the heat dies down before moving on to do it again. But no, that's not how this works apparently.

Oh who the fuck cares?
If someone is gonna be a special snowflake they were gonna do it with or without genderswapping.

He's jealous that his girlfriend likes to chill out with me when I just want to play a game.

He says drow would specifically hate and fear drow with this power precisely because of that

Just had my first ever session of DnD, /5eg/. AMA

Is there a way to cure Donovich son from CoS?

FUCK all of you transphobic shits

DND is a FANTASY game, and I will play whatever the FUCK I WANT

What are you playing?

I'm playing a trans drow paladin.

That doesn't really make any sense to be perfectly honest.

Half-elf sea sorcerer. Spells are primarily chosen around the sea theme. Not very powerful, but it's fun to be able to push people 20 feet away with Gust, and Frostbite being able to slow AND give disadvantage is pretty useful.

Attached: 1428367017126.gif (499x281, 411K)

had a session today and only had to hear a lengthy praise about critical roll once this time. progress.

uh oh...
let me guess you're actually hassling her and you're interpreting his telling of you to fuck off as jealousy?

Pretty sure its just something elves get access to. Its not a drow thing. It's something people said might be useful for drow because of the harsh gender roles.

Its for *elves* that are transcending and becoming closer to corellion. Not drow specifically.

Nah, more like I'm trying to get stoned and play with friends to enjoy a day off of work.

There are drow who have the ability as well. They're specifically mentioned as having to take shelter in temples to avoid being murdered or something.

Seriously fuck the bait guys.

well, I'm still going I guess
is there anything you think is useless or that should always be in the sheet at hand? my brain is going mushy at this hour but i've nothing better to do

lucky you

Attached: sheet.png (850x847, 77K)

Back when the warlock UA came out I was so tempted to play a sea sorc / GOO lock for the idea of just sliding people all over the battlefield.

Is that not the default state of drow life, though?
If you're a matriarch, your rivals are constantly trying to kill you. If you're a male, you're either breeding fodder or an expendable servant. If you're anything else, you're either trying to get more power, keep whatever power you have, or trying not to get murdered by someone else because Lolth is a petty bitch.

Hence why I said "its an elf thing". It's not a special power that drow have, but something that might be applicable to all elves ... If they ascend and become closer to correllion.

Not at my table.
Pathfinder sounds more your thing anyway.

Get the reference sheets from the trove. Shit is super useful to have around.

It's pretty fun. Honestly I've always liked wind based magic, and I'm excited that I can actually make it useful now. NPC was getting beat the fuck up by a zombie, so I blew it 23 ft. away. Felt good. It's actually pretty handy, to be able to use it to disengage from melee.

My only real problem with this is daily gender swaps is kind of a pretty major magic ability to just drop on a mess of PC races. It's like if half-orcs suddenly got the ability to spawn from spores or if dragonborn got draconic polymorphs. If this was some kind of divine favour for the truly devout, or a service offerable by Corellanine clerics, it'd be less straining.

>If this was some kind of divine favour for the truly devout, or a service offerable by Corellanine clerics
That's basically what it is

Yo how do you guys like to do ship to ship combat? I wanna run a swashbuckling campaign and having cannons seems fun except it looks like it would just mean many turns withering random deathballs until you get to player range and then having to Figure out how to retrieve loot you accidentally sunk because the players aren't gonna want to NOT shoot back.
One of my players is also talking about using the shape water cantrip to make a pycrete ice battleship and I want to let him but fuck if I know how that would balance

>Complaining about -phobia
>on Veeky Forums, where faggot has been standard lexicon since day one

I'm playing a bard/goolock right now and I'm trying super hard to make sure I avoid taking options just because I know they are powerful; but repelling blast just seems like its too much fun. I mean ... Insta-break grapples, moving enemies away, all of that fun jazz.

We don't know how its integrated yet, so speculating seems a bit much. I'm vaguely assuming its going to be a template application, because we know its *based on becoming closer to a specific god*. It doesn't really seem like its something that would just become a default race option.

Outside of that: Some classes can just pull that off by default. Warlocks can alter self at will, for example.

Attached: bait1.png (625x626, 66K)

Hello Bait.

fuck it was meant for this guy

>One of my players is also talking about using the shape water cantrip to make a pycrete ice battleship and I want to let him but fuck if I know how that would balance
You might want to read shape water. That is far, far, far, far, far, far, far above the capability of it. Seriously, what is with people and treating cantrips as if they're high level spell slots

Still working on getting the spreadsheet organized and everything linked, but in the meantime, post something you've made! Anything from a creature statblock to a class, it'll be fun.

Attached: Fucked with an anchor.png (1000x750, 75K)

I've never seen bait before.
Where shall I get some good sir?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G38HtgPpTkhzeX3hQasTRfBHrOnHM4jz9zniJqGvWSQ/edit?usp=sharing

And the spreadsheet, because I'm retarded, tired, or both.

I'm working on this alternate A5 sheet at the moment
may or may not spam you guys with it through the night or through the coming days

Trove update when?

Kind of digging the compression, keep at it!

What does it need to be updated with?

Nope. The article pictured in clarifies that the drow who could change sexes "were not subjected to violence in drow culture."

Because having any form of injury happen to a trans person in fiction will encourage people to go murder trans people in real life. Obviously.

the AL adventures that came out this month

>Because having any form of injury happen to a trans person in fiction will encourage people to go murder trans people in real life. Obviously.

It's funny, because that's actually how these people believe it works.

Not entirely sure how legal this is because I kinda sorta copied some stuff over from the player sheet PDF but here you go.

Attached: A5 Character Sheet.pdf (PDF, 1.07M)

It's perfectly legal m8, WotC don't care about character sheet copyright as much as they do the rest of their stuff gettin' nicked.

>tfw looking for players on Roll20
I dont know how to distinguish the crazies from the normal people.

just a quick announcement, I'm teaching people how to play 5e, click here to get the info.

we now return to your regularly scheduled program of user's showing off their builds and flaming each other over rules.

Attached: Asylum.jpg (976x1200, 1.62M)

No offense, but I don't think that a lot of people give a shit about AL stuff, so it probably won't get added in until there's something else to get added in with it. Normally I'd say it would get in with the next UA, but since those are just going to be advertisements like this month's until ToF comes out, you might actually have to wait until ToF gets dropped.

anime/furry avatar

So is the mega trove dead? Went all the way back through linked generals and couldn't find anything.

Works for me

>anime
>furry
>backstory over 2 pages
>no backstory
>exotic race clearly chosen for mechanical benefit

I feel like I'm missing a bunch of essential stuff but here's draft 1 i guess

Attached: 5e Sheet.pdf (PDF, 1.16M)

Well, damn. Mind tossing me an updated link? Maybe mine's just fucked.

Unfreezes after one hour yeah yeah, but a five foot cube of ice just popping like a waterballoon when time is up feels more retarded than just begins melting naturally. All the other cold spells dont give a shit here anyways, the player can get around it by just freezing the water with cone of cold or any other cold spell, I figure being able to freeze five foot cubes of water that melt naturally isn't that much of a boost for it

I just followed the link in the OP

Herp typo

Attached: Assassin Revised.pdf (PDF, 982K)

>missing a bunch
More room for features and traits, mostly.
I'll cop to being not at all familiar with the base Assassin, what changed?

I'm looking for the one that was hosted on Mega, unfortunately - it had some stuff the Remuz trove didn't.

The article has no source for that, and that isn't mentioned in the video. So source me or get fucking lost, unless you're expecting me to take a clickbait article seriously, like you. In which case, still get lost. What the article does say is that Drow who have that blessing could seek shelter in Correlon's temples. Why would they have to do that, if they were somehow magically exempted from violence in a society built on principles of discrimination and brutality?

You fucking moron.

Yeah, forced movement is a lot of fun. Thanks to sea sorc, it seems like I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of Gust, since other spells that force movement would only move them by 5 or 10 more feet. Not enough to justify taking it as a spell as a sorc, in my eyes. So for next level (3), I'll probably take Misty Step, or another level 1 spell.

Well it would be nice if I could read then, wouldn't it? I completely skipped over the fact that you were looking for the mega one. Nah, that one got nuked a long time ago and I don't think anyone got everything off of it in one place.

>Ice instantly magically freezes, this is fine.
>Ice instantly magically unfreezes, this is not.
Playing with physics when you're talking magic is asking for issues. The ice and cold is magically generated. Other spells are not cantrips, and require some expenditures to cast freely - versus shape water is a minor cantrip that can be cast at will. It shouldn't be able to be logically extended to building a massive ship.

No worries! Thanks for letting me know.

You get proficiency with the Disguise Kit and the Forgery Kit through the Spy's Kit, can choose the Spy's Kit as a target of expertise.

Surprising Strike reworded heavily to imply you can actually surprise people and get a Critstab by impersonating someone or just not being detected. RAW, Surprised is when you fail to beat *all* creature's stealth rolls in a combat. The way Assassin worked before was that it didn't, unless you were sneaking off away from your party in some way or invisible when everyone rolled initiative, or they were all sneaking too. Which can be problematic.

Now it's worded so that even if a creature isn't Surprised RAW, they are still considered surprised if they were, well, surprised to get shanked by you. Like if you were dressed up as Guardman McMook or had just made a Surprise roll, so that they become Surprised by you on your turn when you stop being Hidden, rather than Surprising Strike only ever being a turn 1 thing.

They get improved poison making at 7 (instead of 9 cause I moved evasion to 9) and adds the poison kit to the Spy Kit, so if you chose it as expertise now you've got expert poison making.

You can make poisons twice as fast, and when you take a long rest you can make 1 poison as long as you have ingredients to do so.

13th unchanged.

17th makes it auto deal double damage. If the damage exceeds half their hit points they make a saving throw to not die/go unconscious instantly, instead of a saving throw to not take double damage.

> Like if you were dressed up as Guardman McMook or had just made a Stealth roll, so that they become Surprised by you on your turn when you stop being Hidden, rather than Surprising Strike only ever being a turn 1 thing.

Whoops. Surprise rolls aren't real.

Na, you can go play your sexual deviants in an ERP game. Keep that shit away from my table

>a hammer in a toolkit shouldn't be able to be logically extended to building a massive ship
Yeah no, a spell slot expenditure is not NEARLY the massive expenditure you are making it out to be either, you get a full compliment of spell slots every day, spending a few hours shaping and freeing water while your friends hold the mast and other bits you can't replicate in place makes as much sense as blowing your load of high magic and then getting a good night's sleep

>comicbook.com/gaming/2018/03/14/dungeons-and-dragons-genderfluid-elves/

In the notes at the end of the article. Makes as much sense to me as it does to you, I'm afraid, but that's what it says.

Attached: source-for-anon.png (876x449, 36K)

Hey /5eg/, what are some Single Ability Dependant classes that are fun to play?
I've rolled mostly under 10 with a single 18 and don't want to play another wizard.

Yeah. Like, I think this could be a cool thing, but it's just not being handled right.

I want some evil Drow matriarch villains with TERF bangs now.

>The drop
These fucks can't even spell correctly, why are we taking anything they say seriously?

Hexblade, Hexblade, Hexblade.

If your DM hits you with a rolled-up newspaper when you say you want to play Hexblade, then try Moon Druid. Stats besides WIS don't matter when you're in Wild Shape.

Not that guy but why would Hexblade be a single attribute class? It needs Charisma and Dex.

Because Veeky Forums runs on anger like cars run on gas. We desperately need something to make us furious, and right now, that article is the only game in town.

Attached: 1564984336.jpg (240x200, 16K)

Is roll20 useless? I wanna play without leaving my house

Attached: maxresdefault.png (1280x720, 638K)

For what exactly?
Social checks - Charisma
Attacking - Charisma
Spellcasting - Charisma

A cantrip can be dropped every six seconds, affecting five square feet of water at a time. Spell slots aren't a "massive expenditure", but they do limit how many times you can do such a thing in a short time span. Doubly so if you need to have a long rest to regain your spell slots - you can only do that once per day. You're talking about a cantrip that any high elf can get for free versus a spell a wizard can cast once per day.

There's a large difference between 'actually large expenditure of magic power', and 'spending a few hours building a ship because sure why not'.

Hexblade gets medium armour and can use charisma as their weapon attack attribute