Fantasy setting

>fantasy setting
>when a character becomes sufficiently powerful they get the option of bonding with a suit of magical armor
>armor is designed for their class/job, so warriors get tanky plate armor while rogues get agile leather armor and mages get cloth
>it's essentially a Kamen Rider suit that enhances the characters particular skill set and offers physical benefits
>suit is fully covering while worn, totally protecting identity
>there are corrupted versions used by villains

Right, so I'm trying to do the Veeky Forums thing and work this fetish pitch into an entertaining setting.

Any suggestions for other stuff to put in?

Attached: 3eca2fbd0c9e90eb06bb798d98f2dcfd-d80hy6y.png.jpg (738x1081, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/ignusdei
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who makes the suits? Is it one person, one group, or are they manufactured by different companies?

What are the overall aesthetics to the suits? Are they different per person, or do they only change given time with the wearer?

Why not just mash all three options together? What sets the suits apart other than just being reskinned D&D armorsets?

Why is this fantasy and not modern?

Sounds incredibly gimmicky and arbitrary. I guess some kinds of people would not see an issue with it, but I sure as hell would not care based on that pitch.

Transformation sequences that let people summon their weapons and armor, while some are bound into their armor forever Chaos Warrior style and turned into something more and less then human.

Also endless battle with clone enemies.

Attached: 581689019_preview_tumblr_nnue91qxSV1u9fhigo1_1280.png (1280x720, 1.34M)

>Right, so I'm trying to do the Veeky Forums thing and work this fetish pitch into an entertaining setting.
It's been entertaining since 1975. Just do super sentai with a fantasy paintjob.

Attached: Super-Sentai-super-sentai-34352860-1280-720.jpg (1280x720, 284K)

Remove limitations for class and your good to go in my eyes.
Like really I like concepts of odd living armor myself, just saying wizards in armor is an awesome image.

>Transformation sequences that let people summon their weapons and armor, while some are bound into their armor forever Chaos Warrior style and turned into something more and less then human.

Not OP but maybe there's some kind of "bond" mechanic? The more you use it, the more the armor becomes part of you and doesn't want to let go.

Those aren't suits, those are robots.

>The more you use it, the more the armor becomes you
Fixed it

Explain

Pretty much what you said.
The armor is sentient, bonds with you, might even start to replace bits and bobs of you so when/if you try to remove it you're missing something, possibly important.

I'm real tired and can't express it properly, so just think of it like a yandere suit.

Attached: dem hips.jpg (800x457, 51K)

THE SUITS ARE PEOPLE

basically kill la kill: the game

But with less fanservice, I guess. I dunno what OP had in mind.

The armor is a symbiotic organism from outer space!

>symbiotic body suits
>less fanservice
Nigga you gay

>>suit is fully covering while worn, totally protecting identity

This is literally what the OP said buddy

>He thinks zentai suits aren't even kinkier fanservice
user please

>Right, so I'm trying to do the Veeky Forums thing and work this fetish pitch into an entertaining setting.
I think you're just being narrow-minded about what constitutes fanservice.
You can have concealing bodysuits with a metric fucktonne of fanservice if you really want.

>Essentially wanting to make Kamen Rider into a working fantasy setup
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I will be monitoring this thread for results.

Less zentai and more of this.

Attached: 42_female_armor_by_jonevangelist-d7focor.jpg (1191x670, 142K)

I'd think this setup is more guyver really

I think the real question is:

Do people have powers before getting armor

or

Do people get powers FROM the armor?

These questions all need answering.

Additionally, are the same people who Make the suits the ones who're offering them to various powerful folks?

Why are they being gifted to people that already have power? Is expanding the disparity between them and the common folks the goal? Do the have a means of remote control by the makers or purveyors?

What range or region of influence are the people using/making/gifting the suits operating in? Are they global? Continental? Regional? A single city-state with body-suit bonded guardians?

>Remember 3.x psionic items that are like this.
Can't recommend the system but take a look at psychoactive skins for further inspirations.

Are these suits invariably full-body, or can they be partial manifestations? Replacing lost limbs by growing new ones that may or may not match the original they've been implanted for?

If they're bonded to a user, and the user is dying, can the suit persist? Can it be handed off to another who might or might not have been deemed worthy? Are those that are granted the suits expected or even allowed to determine a successor if the suit can out-live its previous user?

Attached: sample_b78bc25808fcd03a400f3f59f03736c4.jpg (850x1360, 697K)

Attached: prototype_armor_musclemass_g_r_by_prototype91.jpg (600x879, 68K)

All of these questions can pretty much be answered with "it's Toku lol".

>Who makes the suits? Is it one person, one group, or are they manufactured by different companies?

I'm leaning towards some kind of nebulous Zordon-like higher power. Maybe the gods of the setting, or some super powerful sorcerer(s) or demons.

>What are the overall aesthetics to the suits? Are they different per person, or do they only change given time with the wearer?

I wanna say they share a basic design idea among jobs but different suits are individual.

>Why not just mash all three options together?

What three options?

>Why is this fantasy and not modern?

Because modern literally exists and is called Kamen Rider.

>Additionally, are the same people who Make the suits the ones who're offering them to various powerful folks?

Maybe, or maybe it's an heirloom type of thing. Prove yourself in battle, get inducted.

I have no idea what that means and if OP wants this to be a viable concept for a setting or a set-piece in its context, that's not going to be sufficient explanation.

The concept and how it works in the world needs to be something that can be explained to someone who's never encountered the source material unless everyone at the table is already solidly informed and on the same page.

Attached: tumblr_og0h65GNsQ1s0adc8o1_540.jpg (540x321, 78K)

>Why are they being gifted to people that already have power? Is expanding the disparity between them and the common folks the goal?

Because the cliche for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai is that the people who get chosen are people who have proven their worth. Cases where they just pick someone at random often ends in disaster. That being said, if you're a cool and brave farmer I don't see why you couldn't be worthy.

>Do the have a means of remote control by the makers or purveyors?

Maybe for the evil versions, since those would probably want their underlings to keep in line.

>What range or region of influence are the people using/making/gifting the suits operating in? Are they global? Continental? Regional? A single city-state with body-suit bonded guardians?

Any could work depending on the campaign

>Can't recommend the system but take a look at psychoactive skins for further inspirations.

Will do.

>Are these suits invariably full-body, or can they be partial manifestations? Replacing lost limbs by growing new ones that may or may not match the original they've been implanted for?

Full-body. You can't hide a Rider suit under normal clothes. Regeneration could be a special feature of some suits.

>If they're bonded to a user, and the user is dying, can the suit persist? Can it be handed off to another who might or might not have been deemed worthy? Are those that are granted the suits expected or even allowed to determine a successor if the suit can out-live its previous user?

Suits get handed down across the centuries and are customized by new users.

Attached: Warframe.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Heirlooms get passed through family lines regardless of worthiness of the inheritors normally. Maybe stick each armor set with a tradition that's solidly ingrained of needing to have a worthy heir then, plenty of chances to have a PC or NPC rival upset over the younger/older sibling being slighted over the other being picked while being more or less worthy in their own eyes. It also means things like families getting butchered in the night and their armor being made off with, probably meaning that said families are either
1) gonna need to have a lot of power, wealth and the like to be able to keep themselves safe and protected, as well as their ancestral armor. They're either going to be Nobility, Wealthy Provincial folks with enough money and resources to be difficult to come at, or else

2) live in secrecy, hiding their legacy away as much as possible.

The first option's options are probably going to display regal designs and have modifications to aid in being a public face. The Hidden suits and their families are going to be low-key as hell and likely have a lot of abilities related to Stealth and Mobility to make it harder to follow them back home, else they'd have already been found and filched.

Also, if Proving Your Worth is a dangerous, life-threatening task you're going to get some salty family members who hate the whole institution, let alone the armor and the ones that granted them for the loss of their loved ones.

Attached: 7cc578d896d330da7115c4b93f98906d.jpg (2000x2200, 156K)

Is this a fetish thing?

Attached: 1514870537406.jpg (899x1367, 525K)

Now the next bit flies in the face of what I just said, but bear with me here.

"Because the cliche for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai is that the people who get chosen are people who have proven their worth. Cases where they just pick someone at random often ends in disaster. That being said, if you're a cool and brave farmer I don't see why you couldn't be worthy."

Alright, so what this tells me is that there are going to be Heirloom armor suits that're passed from generation to generation, but that they're not exclusive holders. This also means that the entity or agency responsible for the suits is still making new ones and is actively Looking for candidates, which means they'll have to have a reason for doing so other than "Hey look, a badass with a good heart, PUT A SUIT ON IT."

This however, of course leads to another bit of hierarchy/disparity; legacy sentai are likely to have a bit of a superiority complex over the newcomers. Some may be patronizing, some may offer guidance, tutelage, or even adoption into their family if they're looking to collect. This can lead to some interesting "Who the Fuck is this ass-hat and why do I have to bow to them?" from people that are subservient to public-face or powerful families. On the other hand, a Powerful, Well-Established Familial Order of Justice and Prosperity with several legacy suits could be a fantastic institution for protection and stability in a region, even if they're at odds with some of the other Sentai who've gone freelance, renegade or, worst of all, Villainous.

>Any range could do.
Yeah, but when you tell Us what kind of map to consider when asking for advice, it's easier to be concise. Not a must-know bit, but it helps give a sense of scale.

Attached: tumblr_ntjfkm6IMJ1tjrwu3o1_500.jpg (500x667, 49K)

For some folks.

>Only Evil People Use Remote Means of Controlling The Highly Potent Suits Of Divine Mandate.

There's probably going to be at least some Law and Order focused folks that're gonna want to reign in the suit-wearers, and unless those With them already are pretty much running the country, Some of them will succeed in needing some kind of check to make sure even the legal ones don't run amok. Requiring a divestment of ownership, lands, or other titles Outside of having the suit and its responsibility is one non-invasive option, as at the very least it means the user is dependent on the community for basic human necessity. Non-familial orders might pop up and indoctrinate youths collected, offered or stolen to dedicate themselves to a code that befits a "Worthy" Sentai in hopes that at least some of them will qualify for the suits they have or chance into a new one for the order.

>Suits' powers are customized to new users.
So the suits' reliability is somewhat questionable since there's never a sure-fire promise that the current user's powers will be available for the next user, so infrastructure, economics and the like might get a Brief boon if they have an exploitative ability, but it'll never be enough on its own to viably prop up a community, just support it against direct dangers.

Attached: 1520633594572.jpg (698x1144, 97K)

Absolutely.

Attached: reina_s_armor__2016__by_tekka_croe-dase5h8.jpg (1181x676, 92K)

YAS!

Aside from local social/hierarchical implications, have you thought about how the suits manifest? Are they invariably suits, and putting one on is the last time anyone sees your face? Are they removable after equipment? Can they be forcibly removed? Are they able to compact down to a smaller form, folded like cloth? Are they summoned when needed and if so, where are they when not being worn? Somewhere in the world? Somewhere outside it? Divine Realm? Imagination of the User bound to it? Are they bound to a trinket of some sort? (Badgets, Trinkets, Pendants, Weapons, Smaller Armor Pieces?)

If someone gets offered the armor, what happens if they Refuse it, or accept it under false pretenses, being worthy despite their underhanded methods; perhaps selling the armor despite its' honor and stature because it would mean not being able to fend for family vs paying for their meals and safe home for years to come.

On the idea of armor bound-to-items, are there any items bound to armor? Universally? Could a Sailor who proved worthy get armor that calls a flying boat to help serve further inland, or a fantastic galleon to patrol the seas where he first acted in noble course and decisiveness?

Attached: Aqua-_Keyblade_Armor_(Art)_KHBBS.png (376x679, 329K)

Not him, but I was in an earlier thread where this was discussed and we had some ideas.

Like, a mage's suit would be a cloth piece, like a jumpsuit, or possibly wrappings like an arcane mummy. You could wear a cloak or a scarf over that, maybe with a mask over the face. Put some arcane crystals in at certain spots that enhance/store magical energy.

Rogue suit would be a leather outfit with a hood over the mask, sheaths for daggers, pockets for rogue gear, maybe some stuff like a grappling hook integrated into the suit.

Paladin suit would obviously be something super holy looking in plate. Maybe styled after whatever your god or belief system is.

Priest or cleric suit would depend if it's an armored style D&D cleric or a cloth-wearing Warcraft priest.

>and putting one on is the last time anyone sees your face?

I assumed this was still a Kamen Rider thing so you HENSHIN when a battle is about to start and then turn back afterwards.

I don't think I've watched a proper Sentai of any sort, Japanese or American or translated, for at least fifteen years, possibly more.

Kinda have to refer back to myself here. Are the players all on the same level of meta/genre knowledge for this?

I get the answer in particular here but I'm having to ask to be sure in the first place because this is a bit foreign to me, though that also leads back to earlier; where do the suits go when they're not in use?

There's disappointingly little art like this specifically from fantasy, sorry OP

Attached: avatar_of_kaldra_by_deems-d7ot4ff.jpg (400x601, 51K)

Or like, I don't know, crysis?

Brb, turning this setting into a million-dollar movie trilogy

Attached: iron_man__the_sorcerer_of_snark_by_thedurrrrian-d8qiyf9.jpg (670x1191, 186K)

>Market it as a fantasy and cape together

The idea kind of reminds me He-Man in a loose sense, it could work

Pictured: level 20 paladin

Attached: 20180220132622_1_by_jun89-dc3vkrr.jpg (470x1013, 366K)

Attached: color_test_01_by_jun89-d6gu6hi.jpg (600x850, 68K)

I like this idea and am planing to work it into my next campaign, but with more of an elemental twist to it.

My main problem is balance and player want. Because I can see every player wanting to use it some how and it might lead to fights.

I mean i'll have enough out there for everyone, but finding them one at a time might cause fights. :/

go full Thousand Sons or make players not really alive/material before suiting

Check out Exalted 3es Warframe rules in Arms of the Chosen.

>Warframe

Literally not suits of armor.

>but with more of an elemental twist to it.

How do you mean?

What about monks? They can't wear armor.

Ultra-thin body sock thing like a morphsuit.

Attached: scarlett_spider__mary_jane__by_super_sloth821-dbe23n5.jpg (400x537, 33K)

Well something i've already been thinking on since my players are playing in a consistent world.

There are Elemental Aspects: Fire, Earth, Nature, Thunder etc. The party has run into a few of them. In campaign 2 a bad guy fucks up said Aspects, takes their magic and seals what is left into stone's of some sort, 'cause you can't completely destroy an element.

Bad guy gives stones to various kinds of dragons; to horde and safeguard. Because of the innate power of these stones, after so many years, the area around the dragons horde start to shape and change the landscape. nature = forests and swamps and shit.

Players fight said dragon, recovers stone and they discover the power it holds. I'm looking at giving them a version of becoming an Aspect of what element they have, for a time limit. So say nature Aspect grants them access to a bunch of nature spells, with out expanding spell slots or what have you. Have the players physical form change to, so they get a temp stat bump to various stats etc. So think Super Saiyan meets Avatar the last Airbender meets Power Rangers?

Since the party are mere mortals, one can't contain the power very long. And so the player must take some rest time before even touching the stone again. (This will help sharing it). Also considering forcing the players to bind the stone to a weapon, so players with a proficiency to wield it can be the only ones that use it too.

It's not fleshed out by any means and is all just spit balls at this stage.

Attached: 10ou9n.jpg (587x518, 36K)

>Power of fire
>character becomes a tower, roaring infero vaguely like a balrog

>Power of water
>character becomes a slender, graceful naiad

>the elemental powers don't give a shit what sex the characters are before touching the stone

Yeah for sure. Something like that.

But the balance of power is hard, when 9 possible players will want to have it.

Attached: images (21).jpg (443x332, 16K)

i was making a fetishfag joke user

don't take it seriously

High-level party pictured.

Standing from left to right: Warlock, Priestess, rogue

Sitting from L to R: Warrior, paladin, ranger and bard

Attached: 0d51d925b51565b6feaf59458e92098b.jpg (736x545, 114K)

Attached: 1514989479059.jpg (773x1034, 63K)

OP, when you say "bonding," the suit doesn't come off without a medical procedure, right?

Attached: 280px-Revolution5-Windbladeprofile.jpg (280x448, 32K)

Is this like Warframe but fantasy?

Attached: DTqZ2YfU0AIrGvt.jpg large.jpg (1000x1436, 143K)

Fully covering and identity concealing outfits are unironically my fetish. Would there ever be a reason for them to exist in a fantasy game other than the fact that they make me hard?

Attached: 1486452747611.jpg (831x1200, 376K)

Attached: 1518365852413.png (760x640, 196K)

Attached: Deadspace guyver.jpg (600x849, 94K)

>guyver
fukken guyver man
>evil dudes turn all the NPC buddies you've met into hostages or monsters
>might even combine the former with the latter if you don't give in to their demands
>biosuits directly integrated with your fleshy bits, might fail that disguise check and get asked why you've got manlet DVDs in your back or whatever

Attached: its over for you niggas once I learn to SUCK MY OWN DICK.png (351x336, 140K)

The armor was developed during a revolution in enchanting, they found that the more surface area they could work with the more powerful enchantments could be bound to the object. As a result armors saw a similar evolution to that which existed in reality, growing to cover more and more of the surface of the body until the user was almost entirely encased in a suit. Master artisans show their skills by working their enchantment into excruciatingly fine detail work both inside and outside the armor, some of the most brilliant artisans are experimenting with weaving enchantments into a single piece garment as light and flexible as cloth but as protective as the most complete plate suits.

Attached: main-qimg-ef5174d1c897dd8708369680104437ec-c.jpg (236x600, 29K)

I like this, but how does it extended to people who don't wear plate?

Attached: joe-grabenstetter-kleosfullprogression2.gif (550x681, 3.02M)

Attached: agents_of_virtue__chastity_by_crazyasian1-dbchvg6.jpg (1280x1978, 321K)

Attached: 1518059536527.jpg (962x1400, 233K)

Or how about something older than all of them, the Venom symbiote?

I’ll be using for my next character a Middle Finger of Vecna homebrew warlock patron: the Mystical Talisman, which is straight up a toku hero

>58607092
Barbarian.

So, is it body-horror or Power Rangers?

Both.

Attached: 1518841889889.jpg (708x964, 94K)

are you going for a stormlight look or a Yuuzhon Vong look, OP?

Attached: shardplate.jpg (1375x2048, 328K)

So its like Warframe but with actual suits, not remote-controlled drones?

What kind of healer would get to wear a Saryn? Priest, cleric, paladin, druid?

Attached: _sfm__my_favourite_warframe_girls__by_drzestarooni-d7kxen5.png.jpg (1191x670, 122K)

get that silly looking shit outta here

Attached: 1519704785809.png (523x445, 463K)

>What kind of healer would get to wear a Saryn?
Saryn nukes rooms, why would a healer cosplay as her?

Because she also farts out heals.

So cleansing + healing I guess paladin?

So which stance is Smoke? Which is Wind and which Stone?

Saryn has an option to *self-heal* when she farts out a bomb. At least put your healer in Oberon or Harrow.

>Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Endowed with zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills, he is a balanced fighter with assault and supportive capabilities.

Huh.

>all the healing 'frames are dudes

Damn it.

Oberon, Harrow, Mag, Trinity, Equinox, and Nezha can all pull some form of healing allies out of their ass. Plus all the various sharable defense buffs.

I'd wear a nezha desu

no homo

you can't WEAR warframes

they're humans infested with cybervirus

Attached: 1486452440681.jpg (580x1100, 78K)

Attached: this thread.jpg (960x720, 83K)

Female butts in formfitting armor are a treasure mate

Attached: 1515202218356.png (1080x1086, 733K)

It was a female? I was let down so many times before i didn't bother to check

Only Vanu girls have THE BUTT

source?

Trinity is it had fucking better not be was, DE the best hjeal frame, capable of fully healing everyone in the mission, regardless of distance. Without any investment that full heal came with a shield that blocked a decent percentage of all damage taken. That combined with her ability to freeze enemies in place while they more produce energy than your average team could even use meant she could be useful at any level.

Lobsterbutt best butt

artstation.com/ignusdei

Attached: warframe___ember_custom_skin_by_ignusdei-dbsge90.jpg (871x1024, 221K)

I can never get enough of this game's fucking godly art direction/setting

Seriously have you guys read into Warframe lore? It's cool as fuck.

Apparently ignusdei was fired and they chose to make a roster skin. It's too bad we won't see in game.

Attached: New Ember Deluxe Skin.jpg (1187x838, 123K)