Connected to MorgueNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Darwin_Awards_2078.trid
>Idiot_kills_Exec_at_Conference_And_Expects_to_be_made_rich.news
>Movement_on_Bikes.knwsft
>Using_Grenades_in_cramped_rooms.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10000 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Trogger, you dumb'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running YOLO.BTL...

>Shoot straight (into yourself)
>Conserve ammo (the people around you will have a laugh AND loot)
>Do not buy CGL books (Being dumb is okay, but not this dumb)
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon (Except for you. I'm confident that YOU of all people will only get good things out of it)

Dumb Shit Edition
What's some plans that had you dumbfounded with how poorly thought-out they were?

Attached: Look at his left hand and where he's aiming.jpg (950x768, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRnwK01n904
youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Troll brought a minigun to a kidnapping negotiation and did not bother to hide it. Worse, when negotiations (predictable) broke down he decided that the best way to help the extraction was to remove one whole side of the building via liberal use of said minigun. This also caused all the floors in the 3-story building to collapse because they no longer had sufficient support.
The 4 year old girl we were sent to retrieve only survived because the gangers hid her in an archaic safe stuffed full of corp-script so the merchandise wouldn't get damage. Of course the 3-story fall roughed her up a bit and left her horribly traumatised.
The high-speed police chase didn't help either. Funny the sort of attention you draw when you use military-grade weapons in a quiet suburban neighbourhood.
After that run we made a point of vetting the troll's equipment before each run, with the troll attempting escalating methods to hide explosives, assault cannons, suicide drones, and a briefcase full of duct tape (don't ask).
We finally kicked the troll out when he manged to successfully sneak a metric fuckton of combat stims onto a run by replacing all the supplies in our medkits with wonders such as K-10. Without relabeling the syringes.
There was no OOC bitterness about all this, it was all roleplayed in-character. The troll remained a contact for a long time afterwards, and was always willing to lend a hand if we helped satisfy his need for ultra-violence.
Good times, really.

Attached: horn_1_by_2dspaceman-dblb5in.png.jpg (248x350, 17K)

My old group had a nasty habit of walking up to corp lobbies absolutely plastered and reeking of alcohol so we could pass ourselves off as random assholes wandering around on the street.

Of course my technomancer took SMG rounds in the arm for it and we didn't get in anyways.

Attached: 1518569271537.png (1389x2048, 2.53M)

Some other party members tried to pass the gnome scientist we were extracting off as our ork decker's small child. While trying to get into a nightclub for the meet, no less, so even if they fell for it it's not like it'd work (cuz who lets kids into a nightclub?).

It didn't work for obvious reasons, but the Johnson just sighed and pulled some strings for us to be let in anyway. The look of exasperation on the GM's face was kind of hilarious.

You can post more of this slut.

For some reason my trap alarm is ringing.

Not a trap, lesbian, someone posted her gallery a while back but I didn't save it.

Basically it's just like 90 images exactly like this, she does not get more naked.

I don't think she ever showed ass in that gallery, made me kinda sad.

So last night I brought up the idea of a silly shadowrun game centred around a bunch of highschool girls being part of the Shadowrunning Club, with the crux of the campaign being them trying to stop their club from getting shut down by the disapproving faculty members and also the student council.
In general terms of structure, I'm thinking of setting it in the JIS for maximum weaboo, with all firearms being F with a heavy boost to their availability (+6/+8 across the board) to emphasize stuff like melee combat and alternative solutions. For chargen itself I was thinking of using Sum-to-Eight, with magic being capped at C priority and no A priority allowed.

The campaign would focus on having the club advisor find them jobs around the school from various teachers/students which will not only net them cash and karma, but support with various groups in the student body. Given that the current student council is focusing relatively heavily on getting the shadowrunning club shut down, student body opinion will matter when student council elections occur later in the year.

As for runs, I've got a few ideas, and I'd love to hear suggestions from you guys.
-The district track and field meet is happening, and the head of the track club wants to make sure everything remains "fair" (stop other teams from rigging it, then rig it themselves) so he hires the shadowrunning club to stop other school's efforts while fixing the competition in their favour.
-A few nerds have been heavily bullied by CHAD and STACY, and want revenge. Finding a way to humiliate them and destroy their reputation is the objective of this run, and dirt could certainly be found from some other popular girls who wish to become the new queen bee...

I think she just heavily edits her images or uses excess makeup, leading to a sensation of wrongness similar to that inspired by trap images

-Midterm exams are happening, this isn't so much of a run as it is actually just a thing that's happening. The shadowrunning club could just dedicate themselves to studying and probably pass if they are smart enough, but why do that when they could steal the test answers, smuggle them into the exam, and then give them out to some students to boost their rep? Of course, the more answers they smuggle in, the more likely they will be to get caught, and the student council likely won't approve.
-A gang of punks, some who go to the school, some who don't, have started making their presence known around the entrance to campus and the nearby convenience store. It's making parents nervous, so one of the teachers hires the Shadowrunner club to take care of them.
-Something relating to a beach episode/onsen episode
-Culture festival portion where the shadowrunning club has to put on some sort of event in order to gain more rapport with the faculty and student body, or engage in shenanigans to damage the reputation of groups they don't like.

The school's cultural festival is targetted by another highschool's SR club.

Someone needs help confessing to japanese-CHAD, but Japanese Chad is really an enraged gaki who lives in the school basement. She knows this, and wants to confess anyway, sure that love will conquer all.

Beach episode! Everyone goes to the water! A hydra attacks and stalks the entire class through the local woods.

hot springs episode! There's a murder! It's up to them to solve it, because one of their number is accused! The murder was committed by the teacher, who is secretly a cannibal. Nothing weird, just a regular cannibal.

Magical girls! There's an infestation of them in the school, an unofficial club lookign to shut down SR club - for justice!

Their school is targetted by Horizon for an episode of their new show: SUPER TRANSFER STUDENT. A swarm of transfer students descend on the school, mysterious and appealing. The kicker? They're all magically transformed real live shadowrunners, here for dastardly deeds. And to try to avoid being caught. They'll be told that only one set of the students are Shadowrunners, and offered money if they manage to uncover who. What they're not told is that the whole thing will be broadcast on television through hidden cameras through the school, and drones out of hours.

A school camping trip, with courage test in some caves.
Twist, the caves are really haunted!

Is it better to have cyberware at a higher quality like alpha/omega and a lower rating? or the other way around?

Depends on what you want.

All the quality does is reduce essence, the rating increases its effect. Higher rating is more powerful, but you can fit more higher quality essence in a body.

Depends, do you want more ware or better ware?
If you're picking up some auxillary ware as say a face, infiltrator, etc etc, you can usually get away with standard grade ware since you likely have the essence to spare.
If you're a cybered up street sam you're going to want to do everything you can to conserve essence while also remaining effective.

No, just underage. She's 14-15 if I remember correctly.

Attached: practice_20180305_montante_by_janemere-dc55dtj.png (880x1244, 424K)

How do I optimize a club user? I'm torn between staves which look cool af and batons which can be wielded with guns.
Is the 1~2 acc and 1 reach difference between stun batons/extendable batons vs staves and stun staves a big deal?
What are some good mods for em?

Burnout adept troll with an osmium mace.

Attached: tenno_kanabo_by_revincproductions-d6xeodk.jpg (1024x745, 105K)

Accuracy depends on your dicepool, it only matters if you are commonly needing the extra 1-2 acc to not waste hits. As for reach, it's a bonus, sure, but a gun is a bigger one. Batons are also more concealable.

Forgot to mention that I'm playing 5E
Where do you find osmium maces?

The Complete Tr*g.

Accuracy - 3 if Strength 4 or lower
Accuracy - 4 if Strength 5 or 6
Accuracy - 5 if Strength 7 or higher

Damage - (STR+2)P if Strength 4 or lower
Damage - (STR+4)P if Strength 5 or 6
Damage - (STR+6)P if Strength 7 or higher !

Reach 2

AP -1

Availability 14R

Cost ¥5,500

Attached: 1517834576044.jpg (756x1080, 212K)

Yeah, I think you're right. That and she seems dressed up to be absolute fetish bait which sets off my alarm.

I love it and hate it.

Also wrong.

Plz stop saying things which are wrong.

>What's some plans that had you dumbfounded with how poorly thought-out they were?
Okay, so I have two of these, both from my players. In their defense, this is their first time roleplaying for most of them.
The first time, they're going off to fight some vampires, so they figure they'll need some wooden stakes and so on. Anyway, they ask where they can get such a thing, and I suggest either a bespoke furniture store, or Von Huntlehoffen's Discount Vampire Hunting Supply Store.
Needless to say, they go to Von Huntlehoffen's. When they enter the door, the first thing he does is try to sell them a piece of the True Cross. They still buy several stakes and a gallon drum of holy water from him. Later on, the fight starts, and big surprise, the stakes are painted plastic and the holy water is just rainwater. I don't know what they expected.

The second, equally dumb plan, was to just kick in the door to a mob boss's mansion and shoot the mob boss. Yeah. Anyway, they decide to enter his mansion through his large private zoo, and they almost get TPKd by a zookeeper whose only weapon was a tranquilizer rifle intended to be used if one of the paracritters gets out of its cage. It takes them forever to take out the keeper, they have tons of stun damage, and now the mobsters are ready for them to head on in. Surprisingly enough, they realized that attacking at this point would be really stupid.

>Not a trap, lesbian,
Dammit.
The occult club is sick of being made fun of and they pull off a gigantic ritual spell that does XYZ. Convince them to remove the curse, or just shoot them.
In 5e, you should use that one club from the trog book, because that's the only good club. Failing that, just use blades, which is objectively better.

>In 5e, you should use that one club from the trog book, because that's the only good club. Failing that, just use blades, which is objectively better.

clubs have the advantage of every single improvised weaponry being clubs... except all the stuff which has a secondary use which they made exotic because lol CGL. (Who takes ranks in weapon (Briefcase)?)

There really should just be an Improvised Weapon skill.

But actually it should either just be "Clubs", or they should merge close combat into one skill. Because the samurai skill tax is already ridiculous.

I take it this counts as a baton for the purposes of specialization since its neither a staff or a sap.

>every single improvised weaponry being clubs
What, every single one? Including steak knives, broken bottles, and other things with sharp edges?
Melee should just be one skill, in my opinion, because it already is mechanically speaking. That skill is blades because blades > clubs to an absurd degree.

>What, every single one? Including steak knives, broken bottles, and other things with sharp edges?

Bottles are clubs, canonically.
Steak knives would just be a knife.

>Melee should just be one skill, in my opinion, because it already is mechanically speaking. That skill is blades because blades > clubs to an absurd degree.

You're forgetting unarmed which has its uses (Nerve strike and other adept shenanigans for one, implant and infiltration shenanigans for another)

But yes, it should be one skill. There's no need for 3.

Same honestly goes for firearms.

I still can't believe that knives and unarmed combat are not the same skill to be honest. I mean, how is the use of a fucking Claymore closer to the use of a knife than punching and grappling? But yeah, I reckon it would be better if melee skills were based on the length/size of the weapon.
>Tiny/unarmed (knives and fists)
>Small (batons and other one-handed only weapons with a little reach)
>Medium (katanas and whatnot)
>Large (Claymores, osmium maces, etc)

Honestly, medium and small could probably be a single category.

Omega is a WORSE rating user.

Everything about how they handle weapons skill is ridiculous if you think about it for more than 2 seconds.

>Shooting an assault rifle semi automatically has no overlap with shooting a rifle semi automatically
>Shooting an anti material rifle and a shotgun with the barrel sawed off and the stock removed are identical skill.

OH WAIT IT GETS WORSE

>Using a bokken and using a katana are not overlapping skills
>Using a bokken and using an electrified quarterstaff are.

If we're talking about dumb shit, why are freefall and diving their own skills?

What does omega do?

What would you use in place of freefall? My group jumps out of windows enough that I actually buy points in it.

They should just be lumped in with Gymnastics, like Climbing and Parkouring.

Your cyberware is knock-off, or broken, or whatever else have you.

You have to work out a drawback for it with your GM for each omega class cyberware. Given examples are always-on wired reflexes and cyberlegs with a bum knee that makes you slower.

Also

Who, playing Shadowrun, turns off their wired reflexes?

You don't always want to be a twitchy freak in public.

>he doesn't think freefall is a skill
>he hasn't spent years upon years perfecting his ability to fall down
While you were partying, i was studying the blade and the art of allowing gravity to affect my body, but skillfully.

Attached: 9801ae35fe67ffc5e4bc1d97530ade2522.jpg (106x110, 7K)

There is literally no mechanical distinction, and you have to explicitly say you turn it off.

You just don't mention it in my experience.

I had a giggle, thanks

Hey I'm a new gm one of my players wants to essentially be a brain in a mechanical body, could he do this or would they have no way of getting that much essence.

What edition? 4e, there's rules for this in the ware book whose name I have forgotten. 5e didn't give rules for them because 5e is no fun allowed.

yeah, pretty much cyberzombie territory
once you crunch the numbers on essence

Attached: cyberzombie.jpg (922x514, 76K)

I think it's kinda like describing every meal your runner eats, or your runner going to the bathroom. It should be kinda assumed they do without needing to mention it - they'd probably turn it off in downtime so they don't look like they're tweaking, and just keep them on for runs/dangerous things.

Evo cybersuites is the closest you're going to get.

But it's partial limbs because CGL is nofun even when being crazy.

Everyone ignores background counts because they're stupid and notfun, so why not ignore essence costs, tell mages to not have cyberware because I FUCKING SAID SO, and half the cost.

Let samurai go fucking nuts, at worst you're going to get hypercompetent operators capable of performing a variety of tasks efficiently.
Which, oh no?

this is exactly why i dont allow FUCKING FOOD ALLERGIES
nobody wants to waste game time on going to stuffer shack again, let alone avoiding soy or shellfish or whatever quality you took to get another 10 karma

Attached: download.jpg (620x413, 48K)

All cyberware costs should probably be lowered 20 - 25% as a general fix.

>bokken
You mean bokuto?

Eating is a social event, and I ALWAYS, ALWAYS make eating part of any social infiltration mission.

But it's still a minor thing, because that still only makes it come up about once every 5th run on average, and even then... they just say no anyway and explain it away with an easy etiquette roll.

>Everyone ignores background counts because they're stupid and notfun, so why not ignore essence costs
That analogy doesn't really work. Essence costs are pretty constant. Once written down they are changed rarely.
Background counts are more like Noise (also badly implemented) or Weather modifiers. Small things, changing often, often not being clear what they are and how far they reach and mostly minutiae.

IMO you should cut down Ware prices by 25%-50% for mundanes and increase Essence costs for Awakened and Emerged by 50-100%

There's two ways of doing it. Alphaware cyber arms/legs, standard torso, used head. Grab Biocompatibility (Cyberware) and Restricted Gear: Adapsin geneware. You now have all your flesh replaced with metal. However you also have so little Essence left you will struggle to add anything else, even necessary augmentations like initiative-boosters.
A smarter idea is to make an e-ghost piloting an anthropomorphic drone.

Literally 2 words for the same thing.

Oh wow, that literally doesn't fix anything regarding mundane/mage imbalance, and only screws over adepts.

>Not playing a free insect spirit

Why not Veeky Forums? CGL says it ok.

What book are they in?

>that literally doesn't fix anything regarding mundane/mage imbalance,
how so? Mundanes can now afford ware again. this means that they can afford higher grade ware
and doubling essence costs for awakened means they have to be more careful with what they get.
Saying that awakened can't have any cyber EVAR is just dumb. Just make it cost them more.

Who do you think you're talking to omae? My whole group is free insect/blood spirits.

Lockdown, they're useless.

>CGL says it ok
that's the reason

good to know that everyone is still amicable after shit like that.

The problem is not that mages are burning out, that isn't breaking anything. Which is the only thing you're changing the equation for.
The problem is that the equivalent power of a given magical abiltiy is incredibly costly in ware, both in terms of how much ware can be had, but also in terms of just sheer cost.

Essence needs to go, or the cost needs to be significantly less.

>Cybersuites stacking incompatible ware.

Why are you so bad at everything CGL?

are you serious

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but still.
Why are you stacking reaction enhancers and synaptic boosters?

The thing is mostly the Money cost, mundanes may start powerful, but they simply are never able to get better due to ware costing too much.
Mages taking ware isn't the problem, since the stuff they take is only a minor boost to their abilities.

Honestly, the biggest things to balance them out
>reduce ware costs for mundanes, thus allowing mundanes to improve in game
>redistribute spells, thus preventing overpowered Manipulation mages
>nerf spirits. F/2 skills, hardened armor as F armor dice and F automatic hits. increase Summoning drain.
>rework BC rules. Make them easier to implement (larger areas, smaller range, key off involved group size, make aspectation a deliberate thing)

Is this what 12 dice in freefall looks like?
youtube.com/watch?v=lRnwK01n904

Alphaware legs, arms, and torso with Adapsin and biocompatibility:cyberware gets them pretty much all the way there. DESU if I were you I'd just let him have the alphaware skull as well. He'll have like 17 physical damage track if I remember right, and enough essence left to upgrade a bunch more. With customised strength and agility 6 on all their cyberbits, they won't have to replace any of them for a long time either.

youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I
prolly morelike this?

But no essence left for stuff like Wired Reflexes or Reaction Enhancers, so he'll have to huff Jazz like a REAL 'Runner.

Attached: MENACE.png (1084x827, 2.41M)

>he manged to successfully sneak a metric fuckton of combat stims onto a run by replacing all the supplies in our medkits with wonders such as K-10. Without relabeling the syringes.

This sounds like fun.
Would run with/10

t. got nicknamed "Joker" (as in "Batman", not as in "funny") in one of my groups.

Wrong.
Mages being able to pick the most efficient shit out of both the mundane and the awakened Augmentations is a very big part of the problem.

Making Augmentations more costly in Essence for Mages is a very good idea, the amount of utility awakened can get from a single point of lost essence is gigantic.

All Awakened have Sensitive System by default. This cannot be removed. Burnout Adepts waive this.

Houserule I use in my campaign.

Good houserule. Would use/10.

Do you need to be asleep to recover from stun damage? I feel like I'm missing out by not casting my buffs in the morning and just recovering naturally as I have my breakfast and watch tv.

The insomnia quality makes it clear you need to sleep

>Not huffing accelerate and having move-by-wire

Going less than 5 times a turn is for suckers.

Is the channeling metamagic a good ability to gain for 5E?
It seems decent but I'm not sure if you gain the spirit's passives like immunity and energy aura when it possesses you.

Those cost a service as they are powers.

Even without those it would be good, with the powers it is utterly broken.

Isnt energy aura action: Auto and Duration always? So I guess you pay a service to activate it then it lasts until the spirit is dismissed.

For immunity I assume you spend another service to ask it to manifest inside you and acts as some sort of super saiyan aura that deflects ammunition?

Let me put it this way:
The average mage/shaman can use Channeling to become an absolute terror, easily able to take the place of the teams Street Samurai without compromising their magical abilities.
An exceptional mage/shaman can use Channeling to become a god in about 10 easy-to-follow steps.
Many GM's outright ban channeling because it can quickly unbalance games and make the rest of the team irrelevant. If the GM isn't careful it can also make the entire settling irrelevant.
Give it a go. Just be prepared to dial things back if anyone at your table complains.

Attached: Morgaine1.jpg (210x537, 117K)

>That deflects ammunition

If you are channeling a spirit that gives you Immunity (Normal weapons) your GM is justified in punching you.

You'll either ruin the game or get kicked out of the group.

So channeling a force 8 would give you a +4 to all physicals and maybe get energy aura and flight for a service. Not bad since you'll have a nice phys limit boost and dodge boost. I'm not sure if the str2/agi4/bod3/rea3 nerd turning into a str 6/agi 8/bod 7/rea 7 would be something that you'd call a terror since a trog sam would probably have similar stats and probably have better skills if unless you also invested.
Fair enough.

Oh God
I just had an Idea
Can you Channel Blackjacks?

You can channel any spirit you can summon.

You could channel shedim if you felt like it.

You could always switch over to an adept with a shock ram.

Can you give us an idea on how godlike a 5E channeler could get? I'm probably missing out on a few things unless you're talking about summoning a force 12 or higher spirit.

I made a summoner/channeler that exclusively summoned Blackjacks and Anarchs. He was incredibly fun. I recommend that you give it a go.

The process was posted a thread or two back. basically you can have a higher Magic rating than every great dragon in the world COMBINED after you acquire your first 20 karma after chargen. Once you have the karma the whole process only takes a maximum of 2 in-game days.

Obviously no sane GM will allow you to do it, unless they plan to end the campaign sometime soon.

Attached: Wyrd.jpg (309x532, 172K)

Doesn't channeling only give you physical attribute bonuses?

It's more that it can be combined with other bullshit. Individually most magic abilities are okay. The problem is how they all interact.
But I'm crazy tired. Someone else will have to tell you have to break your GM.

It does.
The thing is, the powers. THE POWERS MAN.

You can start adding to your own magic indefinitely with the powers.