What makes a good goblin in a fantasy setting?

What makes a good goblin in a fantasy setting?

Attached: DPFbfkaVwAElUfp.jpg (772x567, 92K)

Before some autist goes "it depends on the setting",
The most important thing about any fantasy setting that has very different looking races is that they play off each-other logically.

Like it's okay if the Goblins are super smart, or just barbaric tribals or even animalistic pseudo humans as long as it seems to fit in the setting.

Also: I sometimes feel like it might even be better to make the lines blurry.
like if you make a society of super advanced goblins that rule a continent unopposed but in the continent next door Goblins are hunted like animals, that goes a long way to convince people (mostly me) that the system is alive and not just a clean cut strategy game.

On a personnel note:
I like my Goblins smart and wicked (not full on evil, just a sense of necessary cruelty and energetic lust for power). I feel it's only fair (on a game perspective) for a creature that small to compensate with wits and will for what most races have by might and numbers, making them small runts that just zerg rush everything just downplays what they can be in my opinion.

Attached: Goblin lawyer.jpg (750x556, 107K)

this

Attached: a good slaying.jpg (247x204, 9K)

you know all the stuff in Pathfinder about them?

not that.

then again if this is the team concept...

Fuck off.

What makes a good Japanese goblin?

Attached: a95fab9358bf8fd4ece19ffa80d6a1c7.png (1164x1641, 1.41M)

Someday we might have the technology to indicate if a post was made when the poster had an erection or not

You are on Veeky Forums

we all have erections!

Not me. I just busted a nut, but if you give me about 15 minutes, or some sexy shortstack goblins...

what if I'm a girl

Generally, tengu are associated with goblins.

Attached: b14985fabc367a6bf18f5e74d1e0f37e.jpg (800x805, 171K)

NO EXCEPTIONS!

i hate that artstyle

>Ol' Buzzbark
>good

The cute! The cute!

Adopting western tropes

Attached: DragonsDogmaGoblinConcept.jpg (1280x847, 279K)

That doesn't even look like a western gobbo...

As are kappas.

Yeah it does

Sexy medium violet Onis

No. This is the quintessential western goblin, and your jap imp looks nothing like it.

Attached: Night_Goblins.jpg (1200x809, 436K)

Good fer thumpin', smashin', cookin' inta stew