theonyxpath.com/monday-lunch-meeting-notes-notes-monday-meeting-notes/

>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/grave-goods-and-buried-treasures-geist-the-sin-eaters/

>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/the-dead-belong-below-geist-the-sin-eaters/

>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

>Question
Is Wraith The Oblivion still viable in current year?

Attached: x8r9Egk.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1s8Gjn7DlE
sendspace.com/file/xmvocr
discord.me/cofd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: WoDG.jpg (825x1275, 236K)

Fate Angel Boon + Death Angel Boon = can destroy Artifacts of up to 10 dots in power (not counting any hypothetical 6+ Angels that you can't Summon). Profane Urims can suck it. Watch out Seers, we are coming for you!

I just want Wraith v5 to be a thing

Test

Changeling The Dreaming is fucking stupid. Is Wraith The Oblivion any better or a good replacement?

They're two very different games. What are you looking for in the world of darkness thematics?

Why do people hate Changeling the Dreaming so much? Sure it was pretty bad compared to the other wod games, but it's still enjoyable

It's gayer than Vampire, full of gay, when it isn't it's full of gay wangst. Also more boring than Wraith.

Planning on finishing the Virgin Beast VS Chad Sin-Eater today. After that I'll make a Virgin cWoD VS Chad CofD, but what would those two guys actually look like?

Pic unrelated, it's Anarchs in service to Chaos.

Attached: Anarchs.jpg (507x616, 108K)

Virgin oWoD is Brucatto. BRUCATTO. BRUCATTO BRUCATTO BRUCATTO.

Maybe nWoD can just be a jacked up transsexual undead mecha-komodo.

Attached: a9273327f932cec5d6b8b6c74576f665.jpg (280x280, 12K)

Let it be straight Virgin Phil vs Chad Dave.

I heard Brucatto hogs a lot of writing credit he doesn't deserve, is that true?

Yes.

I heard you're so fat and ugly nobody would wanna fuck you, is that true?

I know its Chronicles but have you read The Lost?

Theres conversion rules for them.

Hey phil, love mage 20.
fix up the magic rules though.

When it's not engaging in adolescent whining about how much growing up sucks it's engaging in new-age whining about how much science sucks because it says magic and make believe aren't real.

>mage 20
>magic rules

I could have them look like Satyros and Dave, but making it a full-on VS is a bit too easy in my eyes. And I'm going to keep the comparisons based on the actual games instead of going FATHER'S THRUSTING COCK vs Komodo Dragons.

Speaking of, anyone got a picture of Dave? Or should I just go with his avatar on the Onyx Path forums?

Attached: Lord Komodo Shows Up.png (600x1820, 1.07M)

That can't be Phil. Phil would be putting a curse on him, not shitposting.
Probably, but I'd argue any credit is something he does not deserve.
S-sempai noticed me(and my memes)

Phil would rather spend 500 pages arguing for the importance of spelling magic with a "ck" than actually fix the rules.

Go with avatar, it's immediately recognizable.

Attached: vampirebloodyme.jpg (1422x1422, 211K)

... Avatar it is, then.

Attached: Aegis Kai Dante.jpg (510x826, 166K)

youtube.com/watch?v=x1s8Gjn7DlE
So, uh, I thought I was shitposting with that image. I wasn't.

Incredibly incoherent themes, atmosphere, and general presentation. It keeps giving you the feeling that somewhere deep down there were incredible ideas but then ten different people each pushed for them to be realized in a slightly different way, with the end result being an ungodly mess (like, Jesus, just look at the art design in the first edition. One page you got some gorgeous, dreamlike oil-painting rendition of an elf fighting a dragon, then the next page there's some goofy teddybear looking guy hanging around with a clown handing kids balloons).

The game, ironically, for being what it is, just had an enormous personality crisis. Was it a dark, psychological horror/tragedy about lost innocence and people escaping into fantasy because they can't bear the weight of modern life, haunted on the edges of consciousness by nagging hints that it might all be in their heads? Was it a mythical tale of the final bearers of an ancient beauty, stoically facing the knowledge that their age has passed and fighting over whether they should be focusing on leaving behind a glorious legacy or Drinking for Tomorrow we Die? Yet another one of White Wolf's ham-fisted, 90's New Age-ism fueled "magical lesbians fight the powah, science is anti-imagination" romp, less over-the-top yet also less "metal" than werewolf and therefore satisfying no one?

The game didn't know, and by the time it developed a clearer identity all sorts of stigmas have already stuck to it and it was pretty much doomed.

Attached: Untitled.png (511x691, 478K)

is Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines worth a play for someone who doesn't play many video games? How much WoD lore does it adapt?

Yes, definitely. Get unofficial patch.

It's quite lore-friendly if you don't count completely fudged mechanics since it was so rushed.

It's not the deepest or longest (although it do do a pretty good job of giving you a different experience with each Clan you could play, so there's quite a bit of replayability value) but it is, to this day, still probably the best "introduction" to the Old World of Darkness you can probably give someone. At times, it almost feels like this was the intention - to show you a kind of cross cut of as many different "aspects" of the setting as possible while still holding together a coherent plot. Vampire politics, ghost stories, a werewolf, hunters, Kuei-Jin...

If you got a friend whom you want to get interested in the Old World of Darkness from a point of complete ignorance, this is your key.

Fair warning: the game is not balanced at all, at least not without modding. Some builds are plain better then others, some will turn the game into a joke, and some will feel like they're serving you well right until you get into a point where you're forced into a fight or something and suddenly the game's impossible because you built a social monster, not a fighter. Keep that in mind.

WELCOME TO THE SEWERS, BITCH
MEET THE INVINCIBLE THREE LEGGED RAPE MACHINE

Has Changing Ways been shared yet?

>Changing Ways

sendspace.com/file/xmvocr

Enjoy!

Spoilers ahead, just to illustrate: the entire ending segment is *notorious* for this kind of crap. Up to that point, almost every situation in the game that you *had* to deal with (i.e. aside from side-quests) generally had the courtesy of at least allowing you to choose whether you want to fight or sneak past it. Then comes the end game: don't want to cooperate with the obvious doucehbag bad guy? Want a satisfying ending where you get to say "fuck you" to the people whom the entire game masterfully built up as such assholes you'd have been waiting all this time to show them for it? FUCK YOU, IT'S NOW MATRIX TIME BITCH, hope you like the idea of shooting and katana'ing your way up a literal skyscraper full of dudes with machineguns, culminating in a duel with an abombwe who first goes all Cloud Strife on your ass with a giant fuck-you sword then transforms into a giant bat and starts throwing cars at you (Masquerade? What Masquerade?). It's certainly *cool* on paper, but unless you were smart enough to maximize Celerity (or just picked Tremere, because the game sure is faithful to the source material in how overpowered Thaumatheurgy is) this is where you're basically stuck forever. Restart the entire game and this time allocate your Experience differently. Bye!

Unoficial Patch makes stealth completely unplayable, mind.
Ey, the sewers were my favourite part you torrie ponce.

>or just picked Tremere, because the game sure is faithful to the source material in how overpowered Thaumatheurgy is
Why, naturally.

Attached: thau.jpg (322x384, 32K)

That's entirely producer's fault, not developers'.

Thaumaturgy in the Bloodlines is shit compared to the P&P proper, though. Even compared to Redemption.

Because they only give you one Path

VTMB Discipline rating:
Celerity>Protean>Obfuscate>Dominate>Thaumaturgy>Animalism> Dementation>Fortitude>Auspex>Presence
Dominate is godly on humans, worthless on vamps and other supernaturals.
Potence is utter shit, just put your points in Strength.
Don't install Discipline and Stealth 'fixes', as they nerf them unto the ground.

Can confirm it's the real deal. Thanks, user!

Attached: Real Deal.png (1445x727, 894K)

I'd trade that entire 'path' for one Theft of Vitae proper.

Sounds like something polish witcher user would say. Someone ELSE was sharing fucking burning wheel last thread.

Attached: alexandra-valentine-art-nvjmdosynoc.jpg (665x963, 68K)

Aspel

A multi-reply post is not Aspel. Besides, I think they just post exclusively on Twitter now.

Threadly reminder that i'm still on the lookout for a textbased WoD group.

I think it depends on how much you embrace the themes of it or not. Like I had a great campaign that was basically wolf among us that focused on a lot of dealing with crimes, and it was really cash. I was the only combat capable PC and actually took place in a few hunts against vampires. Shit was pretty cool, the way our GM handled it. Did it really focus on what the main themes of Changeling was about? I don't think so. Was it metal as fuck and a cool 'Hunter but with some magic powers' thing? Hell yeah.

man, I really need to shave this mullet off

I think WoD goes too far in a few places in terms of mixing all these supernatural monsters. Is okay to have some of them not exist at all in games?

Yes. Or just don't bring them up besides "Yeah, sure, X are a thing". They're pretty modular. On the rare occasion something is intertwined (like spirits and werewolves) just fuck around until you've got something vaguely plausible.

Is it possible to have a vampire character who is heroic and properly virtuous that isn't Saulot Vampire Jesus stuff? Or are they always otherwise cursed hellspawn aside from Salubri?

>Threadly reminder that i'm still on the lookout for a textbased WoD group.

Have you checked the CofD Discord?

discord.me/cofd

>Saulot Vampire Jesus

He's one of the most evil vampire of them all. Don't believe the propaganda.

It is possible, just difficult and over the years, many vampires abandon it and become jaded. What Clan do you want to portray?

>What Clan do you want to portray?
I don't know, which do you think is the most viable aside from the typical Salubri?

ANY fucking clan.

When you come to Los Angeles you can suck my cock

You forgot the weird child Satyrs. Thanks Brucato.

Is that rose and dave?

>inb4 that discord is just a bot spamming 'fuck mages' 24/7

You can make any work, though some you might have to masquerade as a Caitiff.

lasombra are assholes. Maybe take a catholic priest and embrace him after he was framed as a pedophile, or whatever else they do to 'test' him. He runs off, pretends to be a caitiff or a follower of set or something. Sire can be in the picture, or say you diablerised her and spend some background points on generation.

A deluded ventrue works well too, pretending he's really a good bgloke, and jsut taking blood to help his 'struggle. Maybe even a Brujah.

Burning Wheel is probably a better book.

It is. Video link above that, posted by OPP.

The Discord is actually a fairly amiable forum, although I don't PBP.

Isn' t he 3 people? One on Golconda, one evil as fuck and one ????

>just a bot spamming 'fuck mages' 24/7
is there a Mage oriented discord?

Yes. You join the general CofD Discord, and then you may join the sub-Discords for each gameline.

Read the directions in the Announcement and Membership tabs.

Nah. He's probably more alien than any other vampire, and that includes captain shadow monster lasombra. He has been pretty much everything, though. I'd guess he was probably taught the Way of Inward Focus by Xue in China, because he's really wlaked every fucking path.

But yeah, he has been an utter bastard. Founded the Baali, after all. Not on PURPOSE, but it's his fault.

Without him would we even have such gems as Tyranny of the Wyrm?

Is the Way of Inward Focus not HERESY that developed later under a disciple of Lao-tzu that became a Kuei-jin?

Could Saulot have founded the dharma himself?

At least this one's not as wordy as my previous ones.

Attached: Virgin Beast VS Chad Sin-Eater.png (3000x1200, 303K)

>this meme again

>hating this meme

I just put points into Dex and firearms and one clip from the end game machine gun thing took out the whole thing.

>butthurt vampfags angry that a splat actually has hope

Changeling is pretty good when you realise the themes are about balancing banality and glamour, to keep one foot in the real world but to look up to the stars in wonder, aspiring for things that may not have answers, but have purpose.

Only depressionfags would actually dislike the themes explored in Changeling.

Attached: 1515116336488.jpg (645x588, 57K)

>Hope
>Literally every character gets old and jaded and stops being magic because paying bills is lame man.

Attached: think-rock.jpg (235x305, 9K)

>Not all characters become Grumps
>Grumps are meant to teach Childling
>The equivalent to Golconda, Arhat and Ascension is perfectly balancing Banality and Glamour

Attached: 1514063588956.jpg (537x534, 75K)

You fell for the art trap like a bozo. If you have two braincells to rub together and actually read the books you realize this was MEANT to be one of the most depressing games in the entire world of darkness, see . It's a game about hope in the sense that Werewolf is about battling the apocalypse: it's there because the theme is you're losing it and there's nothing you can do about it. Best you can HOPE for is to cling to it as long as you can before it runs out, and part of the tragedy of it all was that you literally and symbolically have to go insane to do it past some point.

(by the way, Wraith had the same problem: the art was super depressing but if you actually read it you realize it just might be one of the most optimistic, hopeful and frankly uplifting of the oWoD games, having a mechanism for getting a no shit happy ending built right into the core rules)

Sin eater is underrated, but hardly anyone talks about or plays them.

Honestly I don't see why OPP tried to make beast the "universal" bro splat, when sin eaters could just as well get along with every other splat.

Sorry to Magepost but I felt Ascencion was more about seeing the horrible world and doing something about it than Changeling was.

Even most of the villains fall under that theme.

>The equivalent to Golconda
Is that Síocháin?

Of course. Path of Honorable Accord etc.

Humanity is non functional unless you have Bardo

Did you read C20? It made some minor changes to the fluff and improved on the game overall. For instance, Seeming is based on outlook rather than actual age now, and Changelings are a lot more powerful now with a whole new mechanic to their Arts that hearkens back to Dark Ages: Fae.

Ascension and Dreaming are compatible in themes and the splats share the same goals of restoring wonder to the world.

Beautiful.

is the minor book the Hunter one where it says they make good allies?

C20 is genuinely very brilliant and cohesive. Only issues about it is
>All Inanimae slivers are chimerical
>Only Naming and Metamorphosis are worthwhile arts.

>All Inanimae slivers are chimerical
Seriously? What the hell? Wasn't it the other way around before? How does that even work?

Primal and Dragon's Ire are good as well. Oakenshield has been one of my most used Cantrips and combined with Scene it's kept the party alive in more than one close encounter and allowed me to get through intense fights without taking a scratch. And Dragon's Ire... Well, Holly Strike explains itself. My friend's also made a lot of use out of Pyretics and with its 5-dot power Phoenix Song we're basically immortal and can easily refresh on all our Glamour and Willpower to avoid attrition.

There are a lot of good Arts in C20 really or, at the very least, really powerful specific powers. Naming and Metamorphosis are the most broken ones for sure, but don't underestimate the others... ...not to mention that Castigate (Contract 3) lets you use Naming and Metamorphosis from halfway across the world to fuck up oathbreakers.

Attached: PG207.png (333x253, 24K)

AMAZING

I'm hoping that sin eaters are at LEAST as good as beasts, and specifically that unleashing their geist and boneyard is at least as good as a beast calling down a primordial pathway.

>changeling
>hope

How the fuck is Changeling the Dreaming a game about hope?

Changelings have shorter lifespans than humans do FFS

Most die FAST

Because they're the astral ones and the one thing all splats have in common is they cause massive amounts of psychological trauma to other splats.

Thanks, user. Thing is that Geists themselves don't really do anything. Sure they can be spooky and hang around you (and they don't have to actually be human-shaped: they can be animals to monsters to even looking like other splats or even be a qt monstergirl) but all the power comes from the Sin-Eater. Geists merely brought someone back so that they can go along for the journey, riding shotgun while you do your thing unlike how Wraith did it. Sure, a high-power Sin-Eater will have to spend more and more time in the Underworld while the Beast has no such restrictions, but a Sin-Eater can use all their powers everywhere while a Beast is far more limited. Plus, they're often more pleasant people.

Please make a virgin wraith vs chad sin eater next

Continue with the cofd chads

We still need more

2e geists can indeed be unleashed according to the dev blog though it also notes they aren't exactly the same as an unaffiliated ghost. I'm not expecting rank 5 ghosts (although horrors can get 11, 5, 5 at chargen and much higher with time, and hollow mekhet can get a {hostile} ghost of rank 5 so I don't see a problem).

Otherwise, beasts would rightly make fun of them for having imaginary friends.

>a Beast is far more limited

In my experience, unless a Beast cannot find ANY PC or NPC Beasts, you can probably figure out some way to invoke Primordial Pathways anywhere you wanna go.

Poor Lighting and (ironically) Sealed Exits is a pretty safe bet. Its funny to think that locking/warding your house lets horrors in.

>Wraith, Hunter, Changeling and Demon are the most boring splats
>But are revered as being good

Attached: 1498835336666.jpg (363x363, 15K)

Attached: 3e1.png (1413x958, 72K)