Weeb TCG General

Previously...
>Rotation!
>Locals!
>Dead Games!
>Wixoss!
And other things we tend to talk about in a thread like this. Enjoy!

Attached: weebtcgop.png (1156x1161, 2.71M)

Force of Will?

I've been getting into it. Casual play with family right now but I know a shop within accessible distance that holds tournaments. What about it?

I could really go for a functional FoW version of tappedout to save, tinker with, and test lists

>spoiler
What I want is a better way to get decklists for regional tournaments than reading a hand-written sign-up sheet.

Is Z/X any good? What does it play like?

I'm curious about this as well. I remember hearing that it's actually pretty good, but I haven't really heard anything past that.

Attached: IMG_2567.jpg (2048x1536, 1.26M)

Not sure if anyone cares, but last thread I changed up the OP image a bit, and got rid of a few of the games literally no one knew about or cared about.

Attached: OPimage2.png (1158x931, 2.66M)

Actually, looks like I kind of fucked up the cropping, so never mind.

Is there a general game or 2 the thread mostly plays or is it all over the place?

It's mostly FoW, Wixoss, and everyone complaining that Duel Masters is only popular in Asia.

Vanguard also. It's mostly whatever has relevant news to discuss, with tangents into whatever other games people play or are interested in trying.

Whatever it is I'm just happy it seems to be here to stay this time.

New player thinking of picking up a couple FoW for me and a buddy to learn and wanted to which which I should grab?

The New Legend Precipice starter decks are a good bet. They include decent rulers and staples.

Get a couple Lapis or Reiya cluster starter decks.

The Lapis Cluster decks are better (they have unique staples like Lightning Strike or Sacred Elf and three packs of CFC) but are more expensive and will only be NF legal for a little longer. the Reiya decks aren't quite as good platforms to build off but they're cheaper and have north of a year before rotation. Lost Tomes may be the best call (Unique cards, but otherwise like a Reiya-cluster starter) but it seems kind of advanced if you're new to CCGs, not just FoW. I'd recommend it for a migrating M:tG player.

If you're not worried about tourneys and find some, you could also get Alice Cluster starters; IME they're slightly better "out of the box". Like Rage of R'lyeh (lapis cluster fire starter) or Swarming Elves (Lapis cluster wind starter) have important cards, but the Valentina and Machina starters have needed less tinkering.

I have to ask since I don't know FoW terminology what clusters are?

They're like blocks in Magic. They're a group of several sets with some degree of mechanical and storytelling connection released over the course of about a year, that all rotate out of New Frontiers together.

Blocks.

Thank you.

Clusters are equivalent to "Blocks" in pre-Dominaria M:tG -- groupings of sets that rotate together in the rotating format. The clusters are...
Valhalla (Consisting of 2 or 3 sets depending on region and only legal in the funny business Origin format)
Grimm (Consisting of Crimson Moon Fairy Tale, Castle of Heaven, Moon Priestess Returns, Millennia of Ages, and Vingolf 1)
Alice (Consisting of Seven Kings of the Land, The Twilight Wanderer, The Moonlit Savior, Battle For Attoractia, and Vingolf 2)
Lapis (Consisting of the five Lapis Cluster starter decks, Curse of the Frozen Casket, Legacy Lost, Return of the Dragon Emperor, Echoes of the New World, and Vingolf 3; legal in New Frontiers)
Reiya (Consisting of Ancient Nights, Advent of the Demon King, The Time-Spinning Witch, and the "New Legend Precipice" starter decks right now, cluster unfinished; Legal in New Frontiers)

So anything associated with the Valhalla Cluster is funny business, Grimm or Alice is only legal in Wanderer/Origins but is otherwise "normal", Lapis in New Frontiers as well as Wanderer/Origins but on its way out, and Reiya is the newest stuff.

goddamn, i went to a fftcg pre release the other day and everyone but me smelled like goddamn cheese

Can you draft or do limited with The Caster Chronicles? I was thinking of splitting a box with a a friend and wanted to have some fun while we do so.

How's the official FoW simulator?

Woefully out of date.

From what I remember you get a Caster at least per pack, I know the first set gave two but don't remember how many per pack it was on the second box set so maybe it'll just be a lot more janky than most games.
It's fairly bad, need to share IP adresses so unless you're playing with a trusted friend there's no real way yet to play online with others which I feel the game needs to start really getting popularity back into the TCG community.

That sucks. I wanted to try out the game without a real commitment.

Yeah it's ether get close nit friends to play with you or convince your LGS to somehow host for it.
To be honest if you've played MtG before it has the same gameplay/terms used but only slight changes to how mana is accumulated and it's almost like playing commander all the time but with 1v1 matches.

If it had newer cards and better matchmaking it would be literally perfect.

You can totally try the game out with it, at least for learning the mechanics. AI won't attack or block though.

I've given up on standalone sims and just plug shit into Table Top Simulator. Issue is just finding good images.

Wish I could find good pics of Wixoss cards.

Wixoss has a good online sim though

And it's out of date. I like Wixoss, but I like the Carnival stuff which it doesn't have.

Oh, I always heard it was good. Never used it myself.

It is good, and I can happily play with Myuu, but damn do some newer cards and Carnival get my attention.

Does Caster Chronicles really play like Duel Masters? What are the main differences between the two games beyond one having a lot of girls in frilly dresses?

I believe Casters still has dedicated mana cards in the form of the Casters themselves, though they do have additional abilities and you can still play any card as a mana source with no additional abilities and only being able to generate colorless.

Basically the games released in NA + Wixoss. People barely talk about japan-only TCGs.

Ani-Mayhem

Attached: purple.jpg (326x470, 130K)

But does it really count as weeb if it has no presence in Japan?

Attached: 1461973612386.gif (430x360, 1.37M)

>No presence in Japan

Wrong question there, should've been "when it isn't even made in Japan"

RIP Crusade.
It was fun while it lasted.

Attached: Screenshot_20180320-093701.jpg (946x1323, 527K)

Damn, that's a high res scan.

>Chronovisor Heritage down to $4
>Avenir Phoenix down to $6
>Chronomedical down to $2
Time for me to flesh out my Gear Chronicles!

How fun is Weiss Schwarz?

Black Shiver Gavrail still $30-40

Fuck

Only for an SP. The RRR is $3-$4.

untap.in has FoW on it

Price for the cheapest printing of each G3 version of each clan's "stride leader":

>RP: Altmile - Higher Deity Knight ($2); Knight of Heavenly Decree ($3); Blue Sky Knight ($0.50)
>GP: Gurguit - Golden Holy Sword ($20); Sunrise Ray Knight ($1)
>SP: Claret Sword Dragon - Revolt ($1); classic ($6) | Luard - Dragfall ($8); Dragheart ($2)
>AnF: Gavrail - Black Shock ($5); Black Shiver ($4)
>Gen: Fenrir - Dark Wolf that Hunts Deities ($0.20); Mythic Beast ($9)
>OTT: Susanoo - Spiritual Sword of Rough Deity ($3); Supreme Heavenly Battle Deity ($1)
>Kg: Dragonic Blademaster - "Kouen" ($2); classic ($2)
>Nk: Dragonic Vanquisher - "Sparking" ($6); classic ($2)
>Mk: Yasuie - Stealth Rogue of the Trial ($4); Stealth Rogue of Revelation ($3)
>Nt: Shiranui - "Zanki" ($10); "Oboro" ($4); classic ($4)
>Tk: Gaia - Desperado ($1); Emperor ($2)
>DI: Scharhrot - One who Proceeds Towards Daybreak ($5); One who Scatters Sin ($8); Vampir ($2)
>PM: Harri - Masked Phantom ($15); Masked Magician ($1)
>SB: Rising - Great Star ($1); Nova ($22)
>GC: Chronojet - Z ($11); G ($6); classic ($1)
>GN: Bigbelly - Amazing Professor ($6); Teacher's Cane of Affection ($4); Famous Professor ($2)
>NN: Ranunculus - Phantasmic Blue ($20); Searing Heart ($20); Flower Maiden ($1)
>MC: Darkface - Alicides ($4); Gredora ($5); classic ($2)
>GB: Nightrose - Starlight ($5); Night Fog ($1)
>AqF: Thavas - Supreme Ruler of the Storm ($2); One who Surpasses the Storm ($1)
>BT: Lauris - Wonderful Voice ($5); Miracle Voice ($5)
>NG: Victor - Zubat Battler ($20); Exxcessive Battler ($9); Exxtreme Battler ($6)
>DP: Gallop - Bravest Viktor ($5); Bravest Rush ($20); Great Cosmic Hero ($2)
>LJ: Messiah - Ideal Ego ($12); Alter Ego Neo ($3); Alter Ego ($0.10)

It will be hard unless you have casters on the side to draft separately. You could build a deck or two o play with a box however and I recomend it, its fun. New SD and set soon.
Basically, yes. But the big difference is as states. While anycard can be played as a resource, unlike duelmasters they go face down and are colorless. The caster subtype are all 'legendary' lands (only one on a field at a time, unless face down). They all also have various tap effects, meaning late game when their are 4-5 its allot of information to keep track of. You also have 'level up' casters that have effects by placing them on either face down resources or 'leveling up' lv1 of the same name. In set 2, they also introduced a way to fuse casters into servants (creatures), which helps a but with the 'multiple copies of good casters you want to see, but only one can be on the field per turn'. Same with how most caster abilities activate by discarding a caster from hand. They really do make the bulk of the game much different than duelmasters.
Its a terrible game only played for waifu value. Its incredibly based on luck by design in a almost infuriating way, and the art is made of literal screen captures.

Attached: FB_IMG_1520947978060.jpg (720x1005, 121K)

Does anyone on here run Time Leap? I'm considering building it. Here's my list so far:

G0
>1 Tick Tock Worker
>1 Steam Battler, Ur-Watar (S)
>4 Pulsar, Bombard Hog (C)
>4 Heart Thump Worker (C)
>4 Chronomedical Hamster (H)

G1
>4 Steam Breath Dragon
>4 Steam Maiden, Arlim
>3 Steam Maiden, Melem
>2 Steam Sniper, Lishma
>1 Tick-away Dragon

G2
>4 Upstream Dragon
>3 History-maker Dragon
>2 Delayed Blazer Dragon
>2 Everchanging Gear Peacock

G3
>4 Chronojet Dragon G
>3 Chronojet Dragon

G4
>2 Chronodragon Gear Groovy
>4 Warp Drive Dragon
>2 Chronoscommand Revolution
>1 Crossover Dragon
>1 Chronoscommand Dragon
>1 Beyond Order Dragon
>2 Heteroround Dragon
>2 Uluru
>1 Raphana

I still need to fill 3 trigger slots and choose what to use for my starter, and I'm open for suggestions for tweaks for the rest of the list.

When is the next Wanderer tournament?

Issue is Black Seraph as she's still a fine card. But at least you can do an Eden build on the cheap.

I'm still annoyed Masked Phantom, Harri goes for $10-15. Hopefully come June some prices will take a noticeable dip.

Vanguard is rebooting. Your thoughts?

Attached: DYTHnFqVMAAchRV.jpg (218x300, 30K)

Bigger image, my bad.

One thing I keep hearing is that it's meant to simplify the game when I'm trying to find where this game gets complex. I do hear stories of people getting to the higher tournaments and not quite understanding their decks, but I'd say it's the fault of the player than the design of the cards.

But I'm just curious how retrains will go. Especially for Spike Bros and Pale Moon.

>terrible game
That's unfortunate.

?

I feell it will be good for newcomers but it will hurt in a way old players that spend so much in their decks. But im looking forward to see how decks will adapt to the premium format.

As long as Premium Format is still supported, I'm fine with it. Help get new players into the game/ex-players back into the game, give more archetypes for clans, more GB-less cards, and Imaginary Gift is an interesting mechanic.

Here's a few things you need to know before you change the list

- In addtion to Tick Tock being restricted to one, you can't run it as the First Vanguard so run both Chrono Dran and Tick Tock
- No one really runs Upstream Dragon anymore, up History-maker to 4 and run at least 1 or 2 Kalibum to spin your opponent's starters and maybe some 10k vanillas to deal with rush

>First point
I mentioned that in a post I followed up with - that I was missing a starter and 3 triggers. Chrono Dran looks like a good starter, as well.
>Second point
All make sense, I just really like Upstream, for the combo extension possibilities. Why does nobody run it anymore?

Dragoborne looks fun as fuck but nobody near me in Florida plays it.

I remember a lot of people in these threads being pretty excited for it when it was first released, but it seems to have almost completely vanished from the discussion here. At this rate, it feels like it's headed for the same fate as Luck and Logic, which is a pity as the mechanics seemed quite a bit more robust than L&L's.

Possibly good. I feel like it's constantly going off the deep end because they need new sets to sell, so hopefully a reboot will get them back closer to the original feel of it.
I also really liked S1 of Vanguard and consider it to be one of the best in the genre. Aichi was a player with a poor deck who made misplays and fucking LOST from them. Consistently.

Retrains I think aren't going to be as good as current Grade 3's and I am OK with this. Pale Moon and Spike Bros are getting buffed with this new system though, that's for sure.

Premium format will be Vanguards Modern format, no way Bushiroad doesn't support it. It will have tournaments, just not for a while obviously.

Strides and Back Row interaction power crept the game to the point where a Kagero stride was doing a damage to a vanguard where you got no damage check. It was that bad. S1 was awesome because it felt more "real" to me. You didn't have crazy bullshit associated with other card games, you just had kids learning and playing a silly card game for a while. Then I nearly tuned out when the psyqualia shit got into the plot.

For those wondering to play or wait, play. It's basically the same game, and you'll be able to help teach new people who want to play who waited until the Q4 set.

Attached: DYTHnFqVMAAchRV (2).jpg (1491x2048, 614K)

Show me cute girls/cool robots and even one person to play with and I'll buy a deck.

Great game design, but no one picked it up. Real shame. Not weeb enough for that crowd, not western enough to draw magic players, and release scheduled poorly. Never stood a chance despite its amazing game design.

>Kagero stride was doing a damage to a vanguard where you got no damage check.
Dragonnewt did that with pratically the same cost though

>Moeggido

I can already hear the prices for the original ZR Meggido plunging

>It will have tournaments, just not for a while obviously.

According to Bushiroad it seems that their Championship Series will have tournaments for both formats, and they are probably aware of any potential backlash if Premium isn't supported properly

Attached: DYu2QA4VQAEjljZ.jpg (960x540, 150K)

I need a kawaii ver of stark just so i can get the zr at a lower price. I dont even need stark in my fucking deck but i love its art

While that is true, it was also legion, meaning it was a bit harder to pull off.

Good news to hear! Bushiroad understands then.

Bushiroad sends new products out to die.

I'd love to play weeb tcg's with cute anime girls but I don't believe there is anyone around here who plays, let alone enough people to invite by for a tournament.

Just collect the cute anime girls instead.

Where do you live?

Northwest Indiana. Three or four game shops around, all play the same games and have nearly all the same players.

I know a couple people who live somewhere in west Indiana, but they only play MtG and YGO.

Out of interest, where does everyone live? Southern Ontario here, shit's a wasteland of mtg and the odd pokemon group.

It would probably be better to take a board-wide census with optional contact info.

New york, itll be harder not to find a community

Far West Texas. Just MtG, and very sparse DBS and CfV. Storeowner nearby wants to start an FFTCG scene, and for some reason there are some people who have and still wanna play FoW, but overall the scene is dead because of that fucking faggot.

SoCal here, hour away from San Diego and there's a local shop here that does MtG/FoW/DBS/Pokemon tourneys often enough along with some DnD and Warhammer shit often.
I meanly go for FoW, there's a small but pretty hardy community here for it that participates often a good 12 or so people each Sunday.

St. Louis. Haven't found a community for anything yet, but haven't really looked. Moved here a couple months ago.

>Southern Ontario

*Laughs in Toronto* Even then FoW is still dead (even 401 Games no longer sell singles for newer sets) and there are pockets of activity for FFTCG and other weeb card games

Eastern Kansas. Just me and a couple friends since forever. Any non-MtG that flares up dies in months.

Wichita for a while had a pretty big CFV community, but it was a ways away.

Is it possible to run an LGS that doesn't play FNM and succeeds? I'd like to try.

LGSes are pretty dependent on Magic since singles sales make up the majority of profit. I do think it's possible, you'd just have to support a lot of different card games that have a scene, and probably do something alongside it, like selling vidya and board games.

Are most LGSes not comic book stores first and foremost? That was always my experience where I live.

I live in Southeast Michigan. People primarily play MtG and Yugioh around here. There's little sprinklings of Pokemon and CfV in the area. DBS is getting pretty big around here too and the FFTCG looks to be picking up as well.

Depends, the one near me is just a vidya shop with MtG and board games attached.

Somehow I knew there had to be at least one person from Toronto in here.

Lucky bastards.

Only reason things like this florished so we'll is due to our local shop that does YGO is run by a psychopath that everyone hates and a few local people converted to FoW to fill the void.
Plus YGO became steaming hot garbage so there's that too.

Never seen a decent LGS that trades in comic books. Have seen
>M:tG centric, but trades heavily in miniatures wargames and board games with some presence of other gaming material like D&D.
>CCG-centric, more focused on non-M:tG CCGs
>Japan Imports-centric, but hosts western CCGs too

There are a few LGS that also deals with comic books since they have been in business for a long time, but most LGS in my city are gaming-centric that basically welcomes almost anything

>>CCG-centric, more focused on non-M:tG CCGs
Redpill me on these. Are there any in Texas?

Where does Victor stand right now in the meta? Is it viable for tournament level or should I go to ZTB? I just got Victor but it seems it's already been outclassed with the arrival of set 14.

Its still solid, the new bt14 decks stand toe to toe with it and shiranui will make you(and everyone) eat ass if youre not prepared. Also it depends on your local meta, if you see LJs go victor if not ZTB is more than viable if you dont like the way victor is handling

Montana. My town is mainly MtG, and yugioh. There are 3 card stores here, and one has Final Fantasy, two has CfV, one has yugioh. It's varied here, but it's also hard to start a community here that isn't M:TG or Yugioh.

SoCal, downtown. MtG is the biggest, and a cfv/weiss community in little tokyo and a few other stores. DBS somewhere or another. FoW is dead.