mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#tomatoesforCyraxus
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

previous thread:

Attached: 50th_Kappic_Eagles.jpg (1267x1847, 554K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PJQVlVHsFF8
youtube.com/watch?v=1FJmiyFD6PM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Using named characters is morally wrong

1st for stim injectors are perfectly legal

Soon

Attached: Rak'Gol_Abomination.jpg (729x941, 206K)

2nd for this.

Also post Gaming music.

Attached: 0790CC5E-96F3-40C3-9375-198E745F53FF.jpg (830x960, 94K)

Which /40kg/ is better? Is the one that wants plastic sisters, or the one that wants them squatted?

Let the threadwars commence.

Attached: rangoonjapinvasionmoney.jpg (941x750, 198K)

This one was posted first there is no debate.

Sisters deserve an update

Squats deserve to be sistered.

Then give Chaos another option to reroll all hits AND hand out CP.

Big plastic sisters right in my face

Agreed. They need to be updated to a few elite unit choices in a new ministorum codex and then have their independant army rules removed from the game.

My head knows I should give my Lychguard Warscythes, but my heart knows that Dispersion Shields look cooler.

I would rather return to the days when your warlord was a killing machine instead of a babysitter

Can you magentize them? Or are their skellington arms too skinny?

Is a 100% Primaris army feasible? I'm autistic and I like Primaris because they're basically what Space Marines on the tabletop are supposed to be (true-scale and buffed stats), so I can't stand stand seeing chadmarines and marinelets next to each other

Attached: 1520993346116.jpg (400x772, 43K)

I like options. One of /my dudes/ would be killy, one would be cunning.

What is a good way to counter custodes with chaos (csm&cd)?

>AoS-style "Hero/Command phase" added
>All character buffs, C'tan powers, IG Orders etc are used here
>Instead of passive aura bubbles, abilities are activated in this phase
Would this work? How would auras change if made activation-only? Where in the turn order should it go?

Cultists to out maneuver them and psykers out the ass because smite kills the custode.

Devastators and scouts are pretty good but you can build devs out of Primetime marines and use them as regular. The guns cover so much of their body few may notice at a glance.

This is fair.
8th edition fantasy had the right idea, you had enough options to build your lords/heroes however you wanted, and they could even match or exceed named characters.

>be blood angels jump captain warlord
>wield thunder hammer and storm shield
>posess the glorious angels wings relic to guide me safely into combat
>artisan of war
>hit something 14 times in one turn with my D4 weapons
>i only cost 129 points

Even terminators are marinelets in the face of these giga-Chads

Attached: Aggressors.jpg (920x950, 124K)

I need to drop 26pts and I don't want it to be the seeker missiles because that's a lot of extra dakka for very little cost. Should I just downgrade Aun'va to a regular Ethereal? Drop a Fire Warrior unit? Some smart missile systems? OCD is preventing me from seeing the obvious solution here.

Attached: tau 2kpts test 2.png (504x799, 37K)

My autism can stomach using scouts since they aren't full Marines yet. I thought Primaris had a newer version of Devastators that did the same thing? Hellblasters or something like that

TSONS daemon princes absolutely fuck up custodes

>7 attacks with claws to rip and tear
>nice cheap warp bolter
>4++ base invuln, can very easily get 3 DPs to have 3++
>access to loads of spells including smite spam

for the 3++, one would be TSON warlord with +1 to saves, another would cast weaver of fates, the final one would be a tzeentch daemon prince in a daemon detatchment, pay 1 CP for the impossible robe to give it 3++ with a free reroll when he;'s about to die

Funny, it's been the other way around for me. How come the shields aren't worth it any more?

OK
youtu.be/PJQVlVHsFF8

Attached: 1521238211823.jpg (2394x1526, 3.35M)

Ultramarines or dark angels with heavy use of hellblasters. Blood angels with heavy use of inceptors, reivers, and intercessors for taking objectives. There are worse things you could do.

Aww fuck there's actually another shield drone unit that got cropped out somehow.

Yeah but at least terminators aren't copyright infringing.

They're ok but look ugly.

>that many hammerheads
>that many broadsides
>actually taking ethereals instead of a commander
>that many fucking pathfinders
Holy shit you are retarded. Wish you played at my local club so I could fucking table you on turn 2. Pathfinders are massive targets for people to destroy on the first turn, hammerheads suck shit compared to ionheads, and broadsides are fucking worthless. Ethereals are too, especially Holo-Ethereal Aun'va. The only thing on this list you kinda got right was the Fire Warrior spam, but I see you didn't upgrade them with Shas'ui with a markerlight, so actually you're a retard in that aspect too

Attached: 1521146228515.gif (684x340, 3.47M)

Attached: lying thumbnail.jpg (900x1200, 188K)

What are Aggressors copyright infringing?

>not taking models because you like them

Attached: her face when.png (258x267, 42K)

Starcraft

>Primaris had a newer version of Devastators that did the same thing? Hellblasters
They have nothing on lascannons. Their plasma is good, but just can't deal with tanks as well.

It's the other way around, bucko. Starcraft ripped everything off of GW

Lords of Change and Heralds for Smite spamming are going to do well, and have 4++ (or better) to help tank the return fire

Then you have shit taste in models too, because you're clearly a Gundam faggot and the ethereal models except for the new one look like shit

Cuckgressors are after Starcraft.
Also
>2018
>this Starcraft meme

Didn't Andy debunk this theory?

It’s hiw I thought they’d do it, and it would clean up some of this “Beginning of shooting/end of movement/once per round” nonsense. But other than that it makes little difference.

Removing auras could be a good thing to reduce Superblobs. Personally I think a slightly better solution is to mostly keep auras for low-level/generic characters while the big names like bobby G and Cawl just get a slightly weaker army-wide ability. IE instead of rerolling to wound and hit all rolls in a 12” bubble, Guilliman gives a reroll of 2s to wound and hit on the entire army regardless of where they are on the board. That way you still have a reason to bring luitenants and captains for rerolling 1s and ultramarine players can spread out a bit without losing their precious bonus.

>and they could even match or exceed named characters.
That is only true for some factions. Lizardmen notoriously had 2 Ames character Slaans who who were strictly better than the generic ones, and the names Saurus heroes where really fucjin good too. The skink priests were also miles ahead for all but dispel scroll purposes.

You would have a point if the aggressor wasn't released in the last few years and starcraft 2 wasn't 2010.

It doesn't matter if Aggressors came after Starcraft because the entire concept behind Starcraft ripped off of 40k in the first place. They're lucky GW didn't have the weight to go after them in the first place. Blizzard is incapable of creating their own unique ideas

Gundam is cool

>being this wrong
The fact you couldn't even read his hammerhead loadout is making me wonder if this is bait

see
Starcraft is a massive ripoff of 40k. Therefore, all Starcraft IP is rightful IP of GW

>this meme
>current year
Pathetic

They clearly didn’t rip off their business decisions because fornall of Warhammers dominance on the tabletop (which is contested by Star Wars) Starcraft has an entire goddamn country under its thrall!

This user speaks the truth

Attached: charsight4.jpg (895x648, 126K)

Why does the one on the right keep a key in his reliquary? Is that the key to his cuckold chastity cage?

Attached: 1521145603037.jpg (491x299, 21K)

>Hellblasters or something like that

Hellblasters are a bit different, souped up Plasma squads basically. They CAN do some antitank work in a pinch (and there are ways to make them better at that with stratagems and buffs), but they're outclassed by Lascannon Devs. They're great for mowing down MEQs and TEQs though.

Lack of a dedicated tank buster is the biggest whole in the Primaris line up.You could try the Redemptor or Repulsor I guess.

Attached: Snowflakes.jpg (1210x684, 250K)

>being this salty for having outing oneself as a waacfag

Attached: 1516320931477.jpg (573x301, 28K)

>Starcraft is a massive ripoff of 40k. Therefore, all Starcraft IP is rightful IP of GW
If that is the case than the 40k IP rightfully belongs to Robert A. Heinlein and Frank Herbert.

>Wish you played at my local club so I could fucking table you on turn 2.

talking tough on the 40k general on the tabletop games board on Veeky Forums. Do you ever wonder where your life went wrong?

Attached: 1471924475534.jpg (474x543, 27K)

>if I keep calling it a meme that makes it untrue
Hey retard, they aren't claiming that starcraft was originally going to be a 40k game. THAT'S the claim that's not true. Saying that starcraft ripped off 40k is very much so true

I didn't see the ion cannon, but it doesn't make the rest of his list not shit. The Pathfinders are going to get curb stomped on the first turn, they're massive unprotected targets. Then he's going to be fucked because he has no markerlights, that's why you upgrade your fire warrior shas'ui with markerlights. And Broadside spam sucks shit, and not taking a Coldstar with your army is literally retarded. Ethereals are shit, taking two ethereals is brain damage-tier, and taking two ethereals instead of a Coldstar means that you most likely have Down's Syndrome and are shitposting this list from an assisted living community for the mentally handicapped

Even space marines get punished for not running snowflakes.

3cp to turn a captain into a chapter master at the start of the game? get the fuck outta here.

SQUAT THE SISTERS

Spamming battlesuits like this retard is something a WAACfag would do, because that directly conflicts with Tau fluff. So the guy who posted his list IS a WAACfag, he's just a really shitty one that doesn't know what he's doing

Is it just me or is gw trying to move away from close combat by for example introducing primaris which are mostly shooty?

This is the one that confuses me most. Why would you spend CP to make a Chapter Master when you could get CP for taking a named one? It's just too expensive to bring your dudes.

Source. Because in decades of this stupid meme. Not a single proof has been given.

Saw this last thread, and wanted to bring it up again. We actually had a discussion in my local group about this. We are not that great at English (j/k we are shit at it), so help us understand correctly.

I took a Coldstar with 2 extra missile pods, and replaced my high output burst cannon with 2 additional missile pods again, giving me 5 missile pods. During the game, it came up, and I was told that wasn't what the rules say. We played through anyway, but he insisted I misunderstood it.

I am not sure how I am misunderstanding it, but my poor English is likely by helping me. Is Veeky Forums just memeing, or am I actually right in my assumption?

I wasn't even trying to cheese, honestly, I just wanted my missile spam mech when I saw that I could replace the H-OBC with 2 weapons.

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-164534~2.png (1048x103, 72K)

You may actually be retarded.

> Pathfinders are massive targets for people to destroy on the first turn
Good. They're cheap and if they don't commit fire to them they're going to buff the fuck out of everything. On the flip side, having twenty Pathfinders dropping markerlights if you get first turn is a massive force multiplier.

>Hammerheads suck shit compared to Ionheads
Did you think that Ionhead is the actual unit name you cretin? Read the damn wargear.

>Broadsides are fucking worthless
This ain't the index anymore, lad. With Tau Sept's +1 to wound strat you're dealing mortal wounds on 5's with HRRs, wounding T7 on 2's and T8 on 3's. With shield drones providing ablative wounds they're tough as fuck.

>Ethereals are worthless
I sure do love all my Fire Warriors suffering 50% more unnecessary casualties because I rolled a 5 for my morale. 6+ FnP will also statistically negate a sixth of the damage they take. (from 1D weaponry)

>The only thing on this list you kinda got right was the Fire Warrior spam, but I see you didn't upgrade them with Shas'ui with a markerlight, so actually you're a retard in that aspect too
Why the fuck are you putting markerlights on a mobile unit that hits on 4+? All you're doing is losing 3 S5 shots when you fire that. The Fireblades are standing right behind them and so is Darkstrider.

Attached: kiss these blueberries.jpg (821x1030, 122K)

Most things in 40k are mostly shooty. I think GW is just trying to make close-combat more realistic to what it's supposed to be: a last-ditch effort to take an objective or prevent yourself from being overrun, or an attempt to overwhelm a weakened enemy and wipe them out or rout them

Ive played about a dozen games with the new Tau codex and heres my quick one sentence unit review

HQ
Commander XV8 - 7/10 - Detachment limit sucks
Commander Enforcer - 8/10 - +1 wound is better than Iridium because of mortal wounds
Coldstar: 10/10 - holy fuck this guy is an insane tank hunter and relic grabber
Fireblade: 9/10 - cheap HQ slot with a crucial fire warrior buff and 2+ markerlight, good puretide bot
Ethereal: 8/10 - Best buff is 6+ ignore, can use it after moving, really good with fire warriors and riptides

Troops
Breacher: 7/10 - EMP grenade stratagem and Darkstrider makes them worthwhile
Kroot Carnivors - 2/10 literally only useful as a 10 wound screen
Fire Warriors - 10/10 - Best infantry in the gamenow, insane buff synergy

Elites
Crisis - 5/10 - Only worthwhile for flamers or gimmick farsight nuke lists that drop in 9 CIB suits
Bodyguards - 5.5 - Can take wounds for Longstrike
Stealth - 8/10 - Slightly worse with the increased cost of support systems, but still really good
Ghostkeel - 9/10 - 8pt shield generator, borkan sept, and improved CIB, this guy is great now
Riptide - 10/10 - probably see 1 HBC + 1 IA riptide in every list
Marksman - 8/10 - cheap elite and 3+ markerlight
Other kroot - dont care/10

Fast
Pathfinders - 8/10 - Markerlights are actually worth using now with borkan sept and because ghostkeels and riptides are good
Pathfinder special weapons - 8/10 - Rail rifles with Darkstrider is pretty damn good
Pirahnas - 7/10 - gun drones went up but pirahnas are basically the same cost, need to experiment further
Hammerhead - 8/10 - Not worth bringing only 1, 9/10 if you have Longstrike
Broadside - 10/10 - missile borkan or sacea railgun (w/ shield drones) both amazing

Flyer
Razorshark - 8/10 - Turret is much better, some septs make it actually worth using now
Sunshark - 8.5/10 - Bomb still good, drones still good, septs make it better

Havent tried the rest yet

Overall the codex is good except for kroot and crisis suits

>Spamming battlesuits like this retard is something a WAACfag would do, because that directly conflicts with Tau fluff.
Having 4 broadside battlesuits back up a bunch of pathfinders and strike teams is breaking fluff?

Attached: 1521400546471.jpg (600x800, 65K)

Attached: 14c.jpg (600x733, 27K)

The only armies which do not cripple themselves by not using named characters are Tyranids, Genestealer Cults and Harlequins. Tyranids have plenty of good units without names, some even compete for the same role as named characters, but make up for it by being significantly cheaper or having more gear options which actually help them. Genestealer Cults and Harlequins just don't have any named characters.

>4 broadsides & literally nothing else other than Longstrike's special rule is now suitspam & contradicts the fluff

Not to mention the stats still don't properly represent what a badass a chapter master is supposed to be.
Overall I like 8th, but the shafting of generics in favor of snowflakes is really irking me.

Vanguard Vets

Lightning claws or Thunder hammers/SS ?

>{CURRENT YEAR} REEEEE!

>and broadsides are fucking worthless
>still using the index

LC. TH/SS is too expensive for one wound models.

Taking one ethereal is fine but taking two, including Aun'va, instead of taking a Commander is objectively a poor decision and you're a fucking tactical idiot for making it. Pathfinders get fucked immediately, it's okay to have a squad or two but running that many is a waste of points, keeping markerlights with shas'ui is what keeps your markerlights alive throughout the game. Broadsides are still shit, they're mediocre at best and there are better alternatives, spamming them just shows that you're a fucking idiot who thinks Gundam are cool. There is no arguing with this. Literally every Tau player who knows what they're doing thinks you're a dumbass. If you get the chance, you should kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=1FJmiyFD6PM

>There is no arguing with this. Literally every Tau player who knows what they're doing thinks you're a dumbass. If you get the chance, you should kill yourself
user im sorry our codex isnt op as shit. Go back to 7th if you want to sperg out about how big your dick is you WAACfag.

how are r crisis suit missilepods and plasmarifles?
I have loads of ooold suits with dual plasma and missile pod.

How do you best use death company? Everyone says theyre a must-take, but whenever I watch batreps they just slam into a big screen unit, kill a bunch of cheap infantry, and then get shot off the table on the next turn. Is the distraction really worth 350 points? Also what if you set them up for forlorn fury and lose first turn? Will they just get fucked immediately?

Would it work bettter to clear screens with shooty units like assbacks, stormravens, and inceptors, then use DoA to get rush them through a hole in the bubble wrap?

Yes. Tau tactics rely on vehicles, battlesuits are used as elite forces to make precision strikes on the battlefield, having 4 broadsides in a minor engagement is retardation. The broadside itself contradicts fluff because Tau don't view battlesuits as artillery platforms

You faggots are fucking retarded and you're the kind of dipshits that give Tau players a bad name. Can't even read your own fluff HAHA

Flamers or bust.

>take death company
>apply to enemy units
>repeat until everyone dies
>if the death company die you did it wrong try again

>flamers

CiBs with FSE my dude

blob of crisis suits each with CiBs, hitting on 2+ rerolling 1s with +1 to wound on the deepstrike

>This entire army is a precision strike force

missile pods are in a weird spot
They dont have the strength to reliably hurt tanks, or the volume of fire to do significant damage to squads, AP1 makes them unreliable against 2+ or 3+ saves, and D3 damage makes them weird against anything with 2 wounds

The ideal target would be a single model unit with T6 and a 3+/4++ save at best... but how many of those are there?

>hitting on 2+
Farsight bomb is back!

Also I'm stealing your name again.

>The broadside itself contradicts fluff because Tau don't view battlesuits as artillery platforms
>Tau don't view battlesuits as artillery platforms
>artillery platforms
A-user... Its in the 1st paragraph of the broadside's page...

Attached: tau artillery.png (571x172, 75K)

what? how could you read that like you can have 5 missile pods?

>>one of the oldest units in the army contradicts the fluff
broadsides is spam and unfluffy
user, you are beyond help.

>18" range
lol good luck reaching anything that matters, its easy to reliably screen this tactic

replace only the HOBC for 2 weapons

take 2 more weapons

you now have 5 pods

>Dark Imperium talks about Aggressors with flamers and missile launchers
I love it when authors don't have a clue

I know that's what the broadside is, I'm saying that the broadside is a retarded addition to the army list because before GW started spamming gundam suits, the Tau fluff stated that battlesuits aren't meant to be artillery platforms with huge guns, they're just suits of armor for elite troops. The fact that you can't understand this just goes to show how braindead you WAACfag gundamsuitfags are