GP memes edition

GP memes edition

Old thread:
Dominaria release notes: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-leak-2018-03-08

>Playing
>Hating
>Brewing

>Thread question
Are there any cards from eternal formats that you want to have make their debut into modern? If yes, what are they?

RESOURCES:
>metagame
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>Search Engines
scryfall.com/
magiccards.info/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx
>Budget Decks
pastebin.com/Q9D59Wry

Attached: mem.png (586x372, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fceJJrfYrJM
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soul-sisters-budget-revisited/
channelfireball.com/articles/a-close-look-at-the-new-standard-challenger-decks/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/challenger-decks-lists-2018-02-23
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: fuck.png (645x773, 14K)

>No thread title
>No new thread question

Attached: 1496936635434.jpg (998x894, 53K)

;_;

>mfw pay double for the deck and cant even place first

jund cucks

I'm happy Ironworks did as well as it did. Quality deck.

>Quality deck
sure. half people didnt know how to play against it, the other half didnt play stony silence.
i doubt it will be relevant for the next couple of gps

Why is the best name knightfall? Why can't magic players actually name decks anymore?

what should the name be?

but the answer to your question is that 12yo standard kids rather listen "jeskai" than "team america" and have to explain the flag colors etc.

New to modern, what are the t1 decks that aren't considered easy to play? I've been playing tron on xmage and it seems too easy to play.

dang u so good, just get a top8 next gp, bro!

Definitely kithkin. It requires elite discipline and tactics, not sure you're up to the challenge, buddy.

This. Kithkin might have a good matchup against everything but living end, but it's very skill-intensive and requires a great deal of knowledge about the format.

Patriot is so much better than Jeskai.
Canadian Threshold is better than Temur
Bug is better than Sultai
The Rock is better than Abzan

These Khan names suck.

agreed, but both wotc and third parties like cfb and mtggoldfish would rather make it more inclusive to standarkids.

Humans = LGBT. They use rainbow lands and are gay or lesbians
KCI works
Bring to Light = Scapeshift
G&T = hatebears

I hate these Khan names because it's not consistent. UW is just UW and not azorious

>Bring to Light = Scapeshift
shitty name. there are at least 2 very different variants of scapeshift: control btl/rug and rg titan. even more if you count titanshift/titan breach

There's Death and Taxes and Deadguy Ale. The latter is tier 3 but atleast the name is cool

The Rock is GB, so that name doesn't work, and Canadian Threshold is RUG Delver. How about instead of just harping older deck names we come up with new ones on par with the old names?

Rock is abzan. GB was traditionally named Eva Green after the actress. No idea why but I guess it's because liliana was hot and Eva Green was the hottest thing then and it ran green too.

I want to start calling Humans , Homosexual Revolution. Since they run rainbow colors.

Is it really a rainbow if two of the colors aren't even colors?

>something is 5 colors
>let's call it rainbow

Attached: aqmnR07_460sa.gif (400x225, 528K)

? I was saying that "rainbow" was a poor name

>Humans keep winning

Just call 5c humans "The gay"

>most popular deck is almost $2k
the decision not to do anymore modern masters is going to fuck up the format so bad

>no more modern masters
Why do they hate us so bad if there the ones that made standard shit in the first place?

>almost $400 for a playset of dark confidant
i dont know.
shit is getting retarded fast with all of these spikes.

Jund is spiking so hard because we just got out of a several month long period of it being unplayable

>we just got out of a several month long period of it being unplayable
And it was still $1,400 during that time. Pay up for that BG tax, goyims!

Yeah, BGx will literally never be cheap unless wotc literally starts printing and selling copies of the full deck, this is news to you?

Modern is basically already dead with that announcement, people just haven't realized it yet. Without significant reprints that only a modern masters set could bring prices will continue to balloon, average tier 1 deck price will be $2000 and no new players will be playing.

>MODERN IS DEAD BECAUSE ONE DECK IS $2000
Why does everyone want to play Jund? There's only one deck that's $2000 dollars right now.

People jump to Jund because its price tag is the most outrageous sounding

Then play storm or affinity or tron

But if you bring up decks whose price tag is 1/3rd of Jund then their complaints might not seem so justified!

I said average tier 1 deck price in the future, tard. Jund would probably be $4k by that point. Storm will be $1,500 eventually.

What will probably happen is actual playing of modern mostly stops and it's just a collectors thing, just standard being played.

What event deck has the highest power level?
I realize all of them are not "good" but I am probably just going to pick one or two up as they are cheap way to quickly hop in

Just buy an inexpensive modern deck. The event decks are basically just a pile of art, not usable for playing.

Burn (direct damage spells), Green stompy (beefy creatures and pump spells), 8whack (haste and goblins), soul sisters (lifegain deck), infect and 8rack are all good decks that either the best version of is cheap or quality budget versions exist, like this $60 soul sisters deck: youtube.com/watch?v=fceJJrfYrJM . Best soul sisters will be something like $350, but the $60 version will still win you games at a friday night magic.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soul-sisters-budget-revisited/

channelfireball.com/articles/a-close-look-at-the-new-standard-challenger-decks/

While it's interesting they've made decks with things like fatal push and hazoret, those decks won't cut it in modern and you're in the competitive modern thread.

>Check Masters 25 decklist
>Most of it is garbage
>Only good for gambling Imperial Recruiter and Jace
What the fuck were they thinking

They were thinking you should draft, standard or kys, apparently.

What's the best site to sell cards?

They want to kill modern to force people to play standard to sell packs.

Attached: Wizards.png (619x508, 168K)

Ebay, craigslist or facebook. That way you sell directly to other people, instead of to stores that give you maybe 60%

>Best way to play the game is Modern and Vintage
>Both are getting ridiculously costly
>Wizard's becoming more and more retarded with each new Block
>Last two blocks that were actually good was New Phyrexia and Innistrad
>New blocks are getting retarded mechanics that only truly work in their block / Standard
>Wizard refuses to reprint cards that need reprinting

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

I've had luck with CFB in the past, but was thinking of another place. LGS, especially in the town, screw you out of value. I suppose it's a business after all.

Regardless I was hoping to do it online and preferably in one transaction.

Khans was a decent block.

>Vintage
>getting ridiculously costly
What's it like in 1998?

Modern's gonna die. These buyouts are insane and it's only going to get worse.

As a Legacy player, welcome to my world, friends.

>modern prices are approaching legacy levels and the cards aren't even reserved list
i just can't believe wizards is going to let that happen.
modern is their most popular format

I blame the huge influx of players around RTR. If you look at deck names from before then, even Standard decks, they were pretty good and creative. Now it's just "color(s) + archetype" or "color(s) + card name"

EDH is arguably their most popular format, but it's not competitive, and neither it nor Modern sell very much new non-supplementary product

Team America was the name for the BUG deck in legacy that used Tombstalker.

>neither it nor Modern sell very much new non-supplementary product
and that's what Modern Masters is for until they got rid of it.
they're not making any sense with these decisions unless the Core set actually has a bunch of Modern playables.

Wait what? When did they announce that? Or is just a meme?

Around the spoiler season for Masters 25 they announced that going forward, they weren't going to be doing any more format-specific masters sets, and instead were going to focus on doing themed sets that allowed them to create unique draft environments with cards from Magics history.
Basically Wizards has their heads so far up their ass that they completely forgot what purpose masters sets are supposed serve.

Attached: Magic the Gathering in a nutshell.jpg (640x960, 84K)

>muh draft
>muh limited
Someone call ISIS and tell them that Maro is going to publish an Allah card or something

>Wizards continuing to believe players give a fuck about drafting Masters sets
They draft like shit. People just want the good reprints, Wizards. Jesus Christ.

This was pretty much my thought too. Limitedfags will draft this once and then never touch it again. You can bet we have draft considerations to thank for Chalice and Bridge being at mythic too.

Too bad, because we're getting ironworks price to 20 dollars in a few days and it'll never be reprinted again.

Shouldn't Team America be WBR?

>mfw probably true

Attached: tumblr_mq3d2uVZbe1qioyqpo1_500.gif (500x223, 359K)

>chalice
>draft
b-but muh curve out

If some fucking faggots buy our KCI im going to have to kill em.

Haven't got them because of the price (of the opals), heaven forbid they spike

Here's the thing about old deck names: they never really make sense but after you get over the initial shock of "that doesn't make much sense" the names are pretty much distinct enough to be fairly easy to remember the ones that keep coming up.

>Playing
Ad Nauseam
>Hating
Turn 1 Thoughtseize
>Brewing
Nothing because I just bought my deck finally! :)

>Thread question
My favorite card is Impulse but that will never happen in modern.

Team America was an ironic name by the European players for a deck with cards like Goyf and Tombstalker that the American scene deemed mediocre back then.

It's not Modern related but since yall are yappin about MM-ICO-A25 being shitty, Unstable was perhaps the dopest NuMagic set. There was only like 3-4 cards in the entire set that were complete misses for me (aerial toastmaster like fuck off with that unashamed chaff), like I was livid about V. Cryptic upon spoiler, but the 7 different versions blew it outta the park. No Ass donkey makes sense but still a bit sad (they coulda made Class Act, a clothed donkey with an assumingly assy flavortext) but the booster packs filled with extra shit contraptions and foil tokens and full art land and even the ad card wasn't an ad it was an extra joke.

Ty for reading blogpost

Unstable was great because of the care and attention the set got from designers. If any standard or masters set even got half as much attention as Unstable had and gave us legit solid cards, we wouldn't be complaining.

>Ulamog is now spiking to $25+
better buy those tron pieces now

yep. go ahead and buy all eldrazi related and playable cards btw. tks is a bit high, but the rest is dirt cheap still

A friend of mine just got into Modern with GW CoCo and want me to proxy up 6 decks to help him test matches. So far I've got Jund, Affinity, Burn and Tron. Which other two decks should I add to this list?

Storm and Grishoalbrand

Humans and Storm, probably.

add some Ux faggots control deck, you'll always face them. either jeskai control or uw

I was stingy when they were $12 and only picked up one. Kinda mad I didn't get the second that I was debating. Going to trade for one this weekend to someone at the LGS that I know is offering one.

How could I forget Storm? Hopefully I can play it well enough for testing.

Good idea. There was a fag at FNM last week who played Jeskai Control. That smug asshole went 5-0. Probably a good idea to test against that. Thanks for the help.

These kind of people are why Ux control is my favorite archetype and I don't even like playing it

I did it... I actually built the eldrazi ninjas deck for paper. What the fuck am I thinking?

I'm also to embarrassed to play it at my fnm

What`s the gameplan?

Don't be a fag, play that shit with confidence. If you're good enough to manage some wins, you'll most likely get some compliments cause people like seeing new unexpected stuff (I used to get them on my vengevine/ hollowed one deck before that got more popular)

Smash with eldralzi

Is that the crazy-ass Ninjutsu/Emerge deck?

I’ll buy your collection.

Yes.

wait? do you think there's ANOTHER ninja eldrazi deck?

Attached: 1462903720674 (1).png (558x569, 355K)

Funny how emerge is inspired by ninjitsu

>emerge is inspired by ninjitsu
Emerge was inspired by the Offering legends

lolno. it was named this way bcuz a bunch of universities in US tried to theorize the best deck back then and ended up with TA. get your facts straight ffs.

Really? Sauce on that pls

If cheap decks like storm or hollow one gets to be $1000 or more, then i'll admit there's a problem.
Until then it can't be that bad.

The original "The Rock" deck was GB.

what is the best variant of storm

this was my understanding.
bgr jund and bgw junk

UR with Gifts Ungiven and 7-8 cost reducers

If you have to go to a GP with one (1) Challenger Deck which would you choose

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/challenger-decks-lists-2018-02-23

guys i only need a playset of meddling mages to finish my human deck, do you think it will soon reprinted or should i hurry up to get them before it spike again ?