How would you design an RPG mechanic around a character with impervious and impenetrable skin?

How would you design an RPG mechanic around a character with impervious and impenetrable skin?

Attached: she_hulk_by_dandonfuga-da6d1u3.jpg (630x891, 286K)

well first off I'd ban everyone who thinks it's okay to depict She-Hulk with shorts instead of a high-cut outfit

Depends on the setting, but I imagine you are asking for 5e, so I would just make them immune to damage from nonmagical weapons.

give them immunity to slashing damage and resistance to piercing from non magical attacks.
since only thier skin is immune bludgeoning work just as fine.

What if it's magic'd away and said that skin acted as an all-around shock absorber and the bones were really dense?

Remember that time the Hulk fucked Wolverine's shit up by hitting him boxer style enough that his brain crashed against the sides of his adamantium skull, giving him brain damage?

Yeah- effectively, internal damage and bruising are what you're looking for here- it's about impact, fall damage, and using environmental hazards, I.E breathing and such.

Sage

You don't get to add conditions to your monkey's paw wish after realizing its flaws.

I'd roll to kick them into New Jersey

True. So what do modern brass cartridge black powder bullets count as?

Obviously by building non-physical mechanics. "Oh your character is an immovable object and an unstoppable force? But how do they feel about it?" Remember the reason Bruce hates being the hulk? Cause he is scared of the power. Replace HP with stress and have it add up rather than go gown.

>How would you design an RPG mechanic around a character with impervious and impenetrable skin?

Like they do in any of the twenty or so Supers RPGs out there?

I see you chose the hot busty green-skinned lady instead of her friend from the same universe that has literally has that power exactly. I guess you get how things work around here.

I've got two implements of adding a weakness to this, either by adding a set of conditions that are seemingly benign to average people but weaken or outright kill the character (like a vampire's aversion to sunlight, silver, and garlic) or make them stil susceptible to the forces of magic based attacks.

Attached: 1506798425362 dragon's quest girl abs teen adventurer.jpg (700x900, 405K)

Of course user, I rarely pass up a chance to ppst muscle wives.

Attached: samus_by_elee0228-d9tzqoo.jpg (1408x2000, 407K)

Give them high enough ac that no physical attack can harm them

piercing, obviously.

That was a good page.

Plonk as many points as I can into the Toughness power. Problem is that if you want someone who's a good fighter you'll have to put points into the Figthing ability, which lowers how high your Toughness can be (limited to double the series' PR). Agility is more of a double-edged sword: while many attacks that can be dodged can also be tanked, but those few that don't often roll against Fortitude or Will instead. Fortitude is affected by your Stamina just like Toughness (and if you want them both high you might as well splurge on Stamina, which costs just as much as one point in Fortitude and one in Toughness), but Will instead runs off of Awareness. Plus, the higher your Fortitude the lower your Will can be (their sum can be no higher than double the series' PR). So even if you go for max Toughness/Fortitude you'll be screwed if you need to Dodge/Parry, fail, and have to tank an effect with your lacking Will save. And when this is a potent Weaken effect that drains your Stamina and leaves you helpless or you get mind controlled via an Afflict power you'll be in massive trouble. Sure, the former is reduced at a rate of 1 point per turn and the latter wears off afte a minute, so your big tough musclegirl heroine doesn't have to fear being raped unless she's fighting Doctor Turbocock, but you'll have a crippling weakness that might result in your nudes being posted publically online, resulting in an event that makes the Fappening like some famous actress posted some pictures of herself in nice lingerie.

Attached: WW is very forward.jpg (500x610, 72K)

Now heres an interesting question; would the toughness power you've pointed up be in effect in mind-only combat or dream combat as well as during physical combat? I mean like for example if they were under attack by a full on telepathic intrusion or a dream intrusion? (since in such a case they would be using their concept of a body, not their actual body).

Well, Mutants & Masterminds doesn't have specific dream combat or a difference between mind-only and physical combat in the core book. The Toughness power specifically works against effects that would physically damage you. So mind bullets would be stopped, but mental attacks would not. As for dream combat... well, if you get caught unawares like that it's not much of a fight unless our bulletproof heroine somehow gets put into the realm of dreams and can fight nightmares with her bare hands. So unless she can physically defend herself she's outta luck.

Another solution would to instead pick the Immunity power. This can provide much more potent defenses, and with a small additional investment this can't be nullified as well. For an investment equal to 10 points in both Toughness and Fortitude you can be immune to things like bludgeoning, slashing or piercing (just one though), and for four times that amount you can be immune to everything that rolls against Toughness. There's a few problems with this though: a starting level character at PL10 will have 150 points to work with, and this degree of Toughness costs 80 points. So over half your points goes to being immune to all damage, and for 1 extra point this effect can't be negated either. The second problem is that no GM worth their salt will allow this because you're looking at a hero who can neatly break game balance in half, even if she's not immune to mental effects. Plus, Stamina is used for things like resisting diseases, radiation, the vacuum of space and suffocation, so if you have little Stamina your superheroine is going to struggle against the Tentacle Monster of Yor-Tur-Zsats if it gets its tentacles on her (the numbers of suffocation are one minute plus one minute per Stamina).

If you REALLY don't care about balance pick Variable to change your resistance on the fly, costing 20 points for specific effects and 40 for common ones and change your immunity on the fly.

Attached: She wants the Grayson.jpg (299x700, 114K)

Then the solution, I think, to the question of how to beat such a bulletproof heroine is; break their hearts souls and minds.

Or you do what Stormwatch did. One of their operatives, Flint, has invulnerable skin and all the added perks to actually make her nigh invulnerable. She also has enhanced strength and speed, and can create shockwaves by slamming her hands together. So how did she get messed up? Well, in the events of the WildC.A.T.s/Aliens crossover (yes, that happened) Flint punched a Xenomorph hard enough to injure it, only for its acid to start dissolving her skin (despite being superpowered, her skin was natural) which permanently scarred her face and arm.

Of course, if you want to go full magical realm then mind control is certainly an option. And if you use the DC Adventures version of the rulebook instead of the most recent 3e book, you are in fact able to turn an Affliction that has a duration of Sustained rather than Concentration, but that would require you to take a free action every turn or the effect immediately ends. So as long as you do that you're fine, but once you stop you're in trouble. A potential workaround would be to create a mind controll power, put that onto a Minion/Sidekick bought with the right Advantage who's a machine of some kind so it can take the free actions for you, attach the Minion Machine to the heroine of your choice and voilá, Babe Buxom is now your slave. The best part is that you can take Minion and Sidekick several times for several of them, and they can even take each other as Advantages for eternally recurring mind control devices. Pic related for ideas for things you can do with them.

Attached: Pink Kryptonite in action.jpg (400x291, 29K)

That's fetish fuel silly goose, I meant drive them INSANE and make them KILL THEMSELVES!

>HIM laughing.mp4