Who here has the 3.5e Book of Exalted Deeds? It poses a morality question in the first chapter...

Who here has the 3.5e Book of Exalted Deeds? It poses a morality question in the first chapter, which I would like you all to answer.

You are a Lawful Good paladin tasked with promoting goodness and dispensing justice to wrong doers and evil forces. On one of your divine missions, you stumble upon two succubi in the middle of passionate love making. They express their love for one another and the act itself is being done under the highest ideals of love.

... But they are still succubi, and succubi are Chaotic Evil.

Do you kill them for their inherent nature -- as your god would surely endorse -- or do you leave them be as the act they are engaged in is in line with YOUR inherent nature?

Attached: images.jpg (205x246, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torment.wikia.com/wiki/Fall-from-Grace
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not posting the fucking infamous image
You shit.

Attached: Mercy and Forgivenessby Matt Cavotta x21.6med.png (640x484, 415K)

Wait, is this asking me whether or not I let them finish before I slay--
IS THAT PALADIN A HALF-ORC?

And now to repost my Drawfag request on the matter to further subvert this thread to my aims-
>"But miss paladin! We love each other! You can't smite us for that alone!"
>Low INT Half-Orc brain cogs begin to turn, trying to process the solution to this dilemma
Results in:
>Ruined for marriage (pic related)
>Succubi held by neck chain collar to the Paladin for supervision
>Some other form of of mild humor which didn't strike me when coming up with this

A FEMALE Half-Orc

Attached: 1515184978013.png (1652x768, 1.62M)

Clearly WotC doesn't know what the fuck min/maxing is, those casual pieces of shit.

It's just that the hypothetical of "LG member of typically chaotic and short-tempered race" distracts from the hypothetical of "is it rude to smite the succubi before either of them nut?"

Kill them. The fact that they love each other does not change that they're horrible soul-devouring monsters. It is a sad fact of the nature of good and evil that the capacity for love is not related to morality. Plenty of evil people have loved ones. Killing the succubi is the right thing to do. Granted, it's a little unpleasant and awkward, given the circumstances, but if I was the sort to let awkwardness get in the way of doing the right thing I wouldn't be a paladin in the first place, would I?

"Let me watch and I'll let you live."

Attached: 36.jpg (1108x534, 242K)

If I decide to spare them until after they've both got their O-faces on, should I inform them of my decision? If the succubi know I'm waiting for them to pop their corks before I uncork their heads, can they use their infernal tantric sex magic to forestall spunking indefinitely? As a paladin, am I honor-bound to spare them even if it becomes obvious they're edging each other ad infinitum?

And then you realize you're a fucking Paladin of Sharess or some shit.

>lesbian shit in the book of vile darkness
Right where it belongs.

I imagine their stamina would give out eventually. They might not spooge but they will still feel exhaustion. Killing them with blue ovaries is pretty damn cruel but hey! Demons!

The question would be the same if it was a glabrezu and a rust monster.

I think the term "succubus" is acceptable for male lust-demons in DnD?

Attached: succ inc.jpg (560x420, 65K)

Interesting helmet on the paladin, to say the least.

A Rust Monster is a creature with animal intelligence. So I double-smite the glabrezu for raping livestock, then take the rust monster to a vet. There's probably a warren of good-aligned kobolds not too far away that would be happy to give the creature a loving forever home.

Sharess isn't allowed to have paladins.

Despite D&D saying paladins can be anyone and anything, Forgotten Realms has consistently said Paladins must be of LN, LG, or NG gods, with Sune being the only exception.

It's even written on the page you posted. It's Incubus.

>But they are still succubi, and succubi are Chaotic Evil
How do I know they're Chaotic Evil and not Lawful Neutral like Fall-from-Grace? torment.wikia.com/wiki/Fall-from-Grace
Did I use detect alignment? Or is this all conjecture or assumption?

Actually the question is interesting becasuse it implies a lot of things.

1) Gods in DND have definitions on the nature of outsiders for their clerics/paladins (not a given at all)
2) LG gods instruct their followers to exterminate demons (most probable, but they don't seem to adress the fact that you CAN have a "alway said alignment" creature that isn't of asid alingment, IIRC)
3) Paladins seem to have a inherent nature in contrast with their gods, here

>rust monster
>livestock

Can you milk rust monsters? I am so fucking curious right now.

Are paladins of Sune just a bunch of chainmail bikini-wearing sluts who moan in combat and summon dildos with their spiritual weapon?

You wouldn't like them when they fall user.

>they become the worst SJWs you can imagine

>believing a CE demon who's entire purpose in life is to seduce and deceive mortals to get their souls

that's a smitin'

"A paladin is coming! Quick, our only chance to survive is to fuck me like you love me!"
"Wait, what's 'love' again?"
"I think I saw a mortal do this once, follow my lead..."

No, you use the rust monster to milk *players* of their tears.

I'd tell them to get out of bed and fight. The only dishonorable thing would be that I've surprised them and have an unfair advantage.

They are still demons, and unless I can get some firm proof that they are actively attempting to reform, having loved ones is not enough to earn them forgiveness for evil.

The problem with this question, though, is the lack of context: Where have I actually encountered these succubi? Am I clearing out some dread fortress or demonic temple? If I am, I must assume they are still thoroughly evil. If I've just found them in the middle of a town, I'd still probably smite or banish them, but I want an explanation for what the fuck they're doing there.

>I want an explanation for what the fuck they're doing [in the middle of a town].
"Our priest summons succubi and makes them shag each other for Valentine's day. Why, doesn't your town celebrate the same way?"

>Valentine's day
Doesn't exist in FR or Greyhawk user.
I fucking just know ED has written one up though, his orgy goddesses have a holiday no doubt- guy had 101+ fucking types of prostitutes you can get your grubby mits on with in the realms.

OP said you're on a holy mission. I doubt you'd be poking around town looking for random acts of petty evil when given a task from your deity.

Would you at least let the two succubi get dressed first or would you kill them naked like a filthy, lust-mad heathen?

They're described as dressing like party girls whenever they can get away with it (like going to social occasions and the like), but when actually in the wilds or dangerous situations, they're to get the most protective armor (magical or otherwise) that they can get their hands on, usually oversized, ornate, and heavily padded full body armor (plate being recommended, or scale/chain with full coifs/helms/shields if they can't afford plate). Their armor is supposed to be kept as beautiful as possible, and the reason for it being full covering is because they don't want to allow the skin to be marred in any way.
They still use swords and shields.

Though being a paladin of Sune, one of your 'duties' is to find a beautiful individual outside of the church to adore greatly, and always admiring them and trying to charm them from afar (typically through writings, songs, etc) whether they would actually be flattered or otherwise.

Do they register as Evil to my Detect Evil?

If so, Smite Evil.

Slay them, they're demons. I didn't play a paladin to engage in post-modern relativist horseshit, or to participate in the DM's magical realm. If he (or YOU) can't understand that some things in this setting/'verse are evil because of what they are, and not because of what they're doing at the moment, then too bad.

It's funny how nobody brings up this 'clever' quandary when we talk about zombies or something like that. No, the Paladin's mission ALWAYS comes into question when someone thinks about a demon that makes their pecker tingle. Even if that demon's entire shtick is manipulating horny dumb-asses into letting their guard down and subsequently ripping their souls out through their urethra. Fuck you, you fall and then die like a moron, go jack off before you come back to the table (or Veeky Forums).

Attached: 1469763895001.jpg (600x641, 53K)

The two demons could be literally anything, you fucking mong. Succubi were just what was mentioned in the book; two of any demon doing the same act would work just as well.

You fucking forum police are beyond insufferable.

There is only two acceptable answers.

You cast Detect Evil.
>they are Evil
Kill them both.
>they are not Evil
Apologize for intruding, ask them if they've seen anyone Evil.

>You come upon one yochlol giving another a sensuous backrub. Do you wait for they to carry out a happy ending before you smite them?

"Excuse me young nude women engaging in homosexual intercourse, have you seen evil recently?"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!"

IT DOESN'T MATTER, user. This discussion will always turn into 'why can't I have my succubi waifu who's a slut but just for me and also doesn't do the bad stuff that comes with being a succubi'. Virtually no other demon is given this incredible skepticism as to their inherent evil-ness, and you fucking know the reason why.

How else are you supposed to play your paladin? You B&E into people's home and ask them if they're doing Evil, and if not, if they know where there's Evil being done.

>The two demons could be literally anything, you fucking mong
Bitch please. If this was two vrocks scissoring no one would bat an eye when the hammer comes down on them. Succubi only the possibility for redemption and kindness because they are boneable in the most vanilla way possible. Search the depths of Veeky Forums archives and let me know when you find one instance of a Glabrezu being redeemed.

Choose to fall, join them, use this to qualify for the "have to have had peaceful contact with an evil outsider" prerequisite to become a blackguard. Then punch the DM in the cunt.

Attached: 1508231998526.png (808x912, 491K)

What about one of those six armed snake demon women? They're pretty kino.

That might very well be the tamest depiction of a succubus I have ever seen. What the fuck.

Few people try to waifu them because they actually look at least a little bit demonic and are actually powerful. Succubi are very solid for their CR, but they're still weak enough that a person here who is trying to give them a waifu treatment would likely have played a character who could defeat them. Though people who come here to waifupost don't play Veeky Forums games so that's a moot point. Mariliths are too strong for those spineless cowards to court.

>I know I've mercilessly slaughtered every other demon/devil we've come across so far
>But I swear, guys, something gives me the feeling we can redeem this one with my dick!
>I know these ones are famous seducers and manipulators, but this one doesn't look like that at all! Look at her smiling face!
>She loves me, I know it!

Attached: Morinth002.png (788x919, 757K)

No. It's always succubi. Quit being queer.

They are inherantly evil. It's like saying you can't stop a child molester because he or she isn't currently molesting a child. What a stupid question.

I'll bite.

They're not really wrong.

Succubi are a very, very dated idea in this day and age, pretty far from what they were in the ME circa 4000 years ago: we think sex is a good thing, or at the very least, as a society we don't chastize casual sex. So the whole "corruption" thing falls of flat ears: even very religious people agree that it's not something taboo between conseting adults. Ok, they may bitch about that being in love and shit, but that only feeds the redeemer paladin idea, which actualy if you see a little bit deeper than the "hot SM chick" makes perfect sense: if love and undestanding is the final power, wouldn't redeeming a (clearly) thinking and not bestial demon be the right thing to do?

My solution? Pretty simple. Succubi aren't there for sex per se. They're there for making people miserable by spewing toxic relationships and desires, not necessary (hell, probably not often) with themselves.
Angels might have a decidated "counter-force", basically they want people to be happy, which might and often does include happy sex. In the end the good "counter-succubi" isn't an hot chick with a halo (well, not often): it's the friend that makes your unrequited love becom requited, if you do a little work on your side.

>implying chaotic evil succubi can legitimately embody the highest ideals of love

Simple, capture them, and use that one spell from the same book to trap them in a diamond while the spell mindrapes them into being good aligned.

>On one of your divine missions, you stumble upon two succubi in the middle of passionate love making
This sorta seems like a problem that solves itself.

You fall.

>and the reason for it being full covering is because they don't want to allow the skin to be marred in any way.
They wouldn't like maces or other bludgeoning weapons very much, then, would they

Attached: justice.jpg (634x326, 29K)

>you stumble upon two succubi in the middle of passionate love making. They express their love for one another and the act itself is being done under the highest ideals of love.
>... But they are still succubi, and succubi are DEMONS, ergo Chaotic Evil.

And there inlies the crux. Ain't no demon actually experiencing real love. Real love is self-sacrificial care for another, while demons as the purest form of chaos (individualistic) and evil (predatory selfishness) are aggressively ego-centric psychopaths. It's just not in their nature to care about anyone but themself. Meaning it must be a trick, smite and cleave!

How ugly does the population have to get before succubii resort to cannibalism?

Also why did they both stay Succ? Why didn't one go Incubus for easiest copulation?

I use my standard procedure. Give them one chance to come with me and repent, which they almost certainly won't, but hey, the door's open. Otherwise, kill them.

Attached: Paladin.png (512x448, 5K)

>LG member of typically chaotic and short-tempered

Makes sense to me, find your place in society learning to channel your racial anger into smiting evil, the one sanctioned outlet for bloodlust.

She's not a Demon she's a Tanar'ri. Very different circumstance.

DS9-era Lieutenant Worf, then?

Smite them, they'll just reform in another layer of their plane anyway and can go back to fucking there. It's not like fucking somewhere public shouldn't be punished no matter your race.

That's because no edition of DnD says Paladins serve gods.
Paladins aren't in OD&D, it's not in BECMI (though they do ally themselves with a lawful temple to learn their spells, but the other roaming fighter choices also ally themselves with some authoritative body as well) it's not in AD&D1, it's not in AD&D2, it's not in 3.0 or 3.5, it's not in 4th and it's not in 5th.

They're shapeshifters. They ARE their clothes.

Have fun going to jail for killing a completely law-abiding 5th level fighter (so he has an alignment aura) loan shark.

While there's definitely a lot of people happy to see him gone, "he smelled evil" is not a legal defense for vigilante 2nd degree murder. Don't worry though, I'm sure the police chief won't mind that you cleaved his good poker buddy (Gotta get that bail money from somewhere. Mention his name when people are booked, get some kickback? everybody involved gets something they want.)

Dang it, Strahd.

And I know you, you're getting off more on how physically and emotionally uncomfortable you're making them more than anything involving fleshy curves.

An excellent example, yes.

Alternate personalities:
>Same but less rigid. More of the traditional Klingon jolly boisterousness. Worf is so overrestrained because he accidentally snapped a kids neck once during a Soccer match. Without that "world of cardboard" trauma he'd be a lot more passionate.
>smiling through everything, shrugging things off as no big deal, almost a doormat trying to overcompensate, but so help you when you finally harass him over the edge. Then he feels guilty about it for way longer than is reasonable, even though they decidedly had it coming.
>Knows everyone thinks he's dangerous and evil, became a Paladin to fly in the face of that stereotype or to try to avoid prejudice.
>Can empathize with people thinking you're an inhuman beast that should be slain, wants to be the one handling monster problems so that if any of them CAN be redeemed, or the issue resolved humanely in the case of nonsentients, he'll be one on the front lines to help them, instead of some stab-happy zealot.

>Tanar'ri are a race of fiends
m8

If it's known to me that they have committed crimes, then I'll arrest them. If they resist then I may be forced to kill them. Otherwise, I leave them be after chiding them for being so immodest.

>They express their love for one another and the act itself is being done under the highest ideals of love.
> the act they are engaged in is in line with YOUR inherent nature
No it isn't. They are lying. They are not capable of love in any form. They are embodiments of sexual evil.

Cleave and smite.

Do you execute a married couple when both are on death row?
Perhaps redemption would come to them, but one saving grace does not always excuse a lifetime of evil. You can't spare a criminal imprisonment because they happened to act morally for once in their life right before you showed up. It wouldn't be just for their victims, past and possible future. They don't hand out prizes for basic human decency.

That'd really be more Sharess.
Sunite Paladins are also supposed to cherish and protect things like great works of art or young lovers that need aid or support, which actually sound like fun plot hooks for a PC to use.

Attached: 797bcefddbd182fc273d94c235335e19.jpg (736x961, 95K)

Don't forget that if a servant of Sune gets scarred this greatly limits their career opportunities in the church or even sees them excommunicated. Because Sune is a flighty broad who cares only for the looks of her servants rather than their personality or piety.

This means that you could have one of the greatest heroes in history being one of her paladins who stops Graz'zt from fucking all of the Outer Planes in half with his massive demon dong, only to receive a nasty cut to the face and get kicked out for being ugly. That'd be one hell of a reason to become a Blackguard.

So why not banish them together? When they're done they'll go back to fucking things up, and if they're banished they can go back to loving each other but in an environment where they can't get right to harming others when they're done.

They have healing spells for that. The major guy in question where that happened was during the Time of Troubles and he THOUGHT he'd been abandoned for that when in fact he'd just lost connection due to the Time of Troubles starting

>as the act they are engaged in is in line with YOUR inherent nature?
How can you even make that statement?
>Not in line nature of me as character or player
You can't just assume all of us are SJW liberals. Notwithstanding, just because 2 of the most ill-intent creatures are enjoying a carnal moment doesn't change their alignment or intention towards others. They are still demons.
Plus, homosexuality.
Nope, slay them.

To be fair, most gods would do that in their way. Its part of their nature.

If a disciple of a god of strength was hit with some wasting curse that turned him to a frail wretch, he'd get booted too. A god of air with winged worshippers might excommunicate one that had their wings lopped off and wasn't able to adapt, that kind of thing.

Fucking this. Underrated post.

I'm pretty sure, assuming you're actually Exalted, that as long as one of the succubi begs for mercy then you must let them live.

>Forgotten Realms has consistently said Paladins must be of LN, LG, or NG gods, with Sune being the only exception.

Citation on this please? Pretty sure Paladins of Shar and Loviatar have been knocking around.

Maybe in 4e (which I have read nothing of), definitely not 3e or prior

why is it "infamous"?
because you are sexually repressed ?

Attached: 1521107813004.gif (1119x884, 586K)

>Heavily armoured limbs & helmet
>skimpy nighty for torso
>fantasy setting logic

Attached: 1520954696938m.jpg (1024x1024, 199K)

I've never played 4e so it's not that. I actually found the citation in the 3e Forgotten Realms setting book:

"The paladin's deity must be lawful good, lawful neutral, or neutral good. Sune, the goddess of beauty, love, and passion is an exception to the alignment rule."

Must have either read about paladins of Loviatar or Shar in some shitty novel or gotten my wires crossed.

I love this stuff. Impractical over the top armor for guys and girls is my thing

Attached: 1458058300169.jpg (1447x2047, 1.87M)

Post boys.

Attached: OP.jpg (500x496, 53K)

Most of them are of the "pauldrons bigger than their head super fantasy variety"

Attached: 33_42.jpg (500x1062, 252K)

LG is supposed to kill them. NG or CG have leeway to decide but LG's decision is made for him.

The whole point of good is overcoming your inherent nature

>sunnite
>protect works of art

Attached: 6-isis-1.w710.h473.jpg (710x473, 46K)

They are lesbians, therefore they are evil, therefore, SMITE!

It's worth noting that the Player's Handbook does state that you can be a paladin without a deity, having dedicated yourself to the concept of Good, or something to that effect.

How is this a dilemma? In a setting with inherent, knowable, and definitively objective morality, killing a being that is inherently evil by their very essence is the only reasonable thing to do. They might have a chance for survival if they were Lawful instead of Chaotic, as then they would be more receptive to punishment, but even still, it would generally be better to put evil to the blade.

If your group over threw an evil tyrant would you save him from execution just because his wife loved him very much? I wouldn't, so these demon bitches are still on the chopping block.

>Kill the tyrant
>Kill his wife too
>Kill any successors
>Take his place; after all, the kingdom needs law and order above all else

Well that's what you do if you're being responsible conquerors instead of loot crazy murder hobos.

For fuck sake user, it's not difficult to remember.

The female cubus sucks cocks, thus they are called suc-cubus.

The male cubus put it in, thus they are in-cubus.

A succubus is a shape shifter, she can convert her innie to an outie at will.

Succubi AND homosexuals? I slay them instantly.

Succubi are made of evil, therefore CLEAVE AND SMITE is the way to go.

Attached: Doomslayer in Smash.jpg (1024x751, 108K)